Jump to content
FridayThe31st

Killing Jason in Rage Mode

Recommended Posts

I saw a couple topics about this issue, and I’m not sure if it’s been confirmed. A couple days ago I killed Jason for the first time without a problem. It was most likely because the Jason didn’t kill anybody (I came back because I got hit by the car due to lag), and it was overall pretty easy to pull off. Just a couple minutes ago I escaped in the 2 seat car with another person and came back as Tommy, and I began searching for Jason’s shack. I met up with a Tiffany and together we found the shack, got the sweater, and I grabbed the axe. Then we began searching for Jason. He was near the group of people who were left (he didn’t kill anybody at the time yet) and  with one hit I was able to get his mask off. I remembered that just as I came back as Tommy I believe Jason entered rage mode due to most likely being hit by the group of people he was by. Anyway, as the sweater girl used the sweater on him (we were standing just outside the boathouse in the Crystal Lake Small map toward metal fence area), I began hitting him with the axe. I did it twice and still got no response, no dropping to his knees. The last time I had killed him it was in his shack, in the entrance to it, and he hadn’t been dropping to his knees due to me accidently hitting the wall since he was standing so close to the wall. He did end up dropping to his knees then though, and we were able to successfully kill him. This time however he didn’t drop to his knees at all, and eventually got out of the stun. We ended up surviving, and he ended up only murdering one person (he was slashing the whole time), but I was confused as to why it wasn’t working. I do realize that killing Jason doesn’t always work and it’s not something that happens often (even though I do see it quite some times). I was wondering if after Jason goes into rage mode if it’s harder to get him to drop to his knees, or if it’s just flat out impossible to kill him after he’s in rage mode. 

This was part 6 Jason by the way, even though it probably doesn’t make any difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No it’s because you probably weren’t running sucker punch. If you don’t run sucker punch don’t expect Jason to drop to his knees every time. It works exactly like stun chance in weapons when dropping Jason to his knees. Axe has a decent stun but isn’t as guaranteed as a bat. But sucker punch almost makes it a guarantee. 

With sucker punch I’ve never had an issue with Jason dropping to his knees yet. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

@FridayThe31st

Lag; was it raining in game? I heard that, that has something to do with it.

Not too sure. EDIT: Well thinking about it now it might’ve been.

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

No it’s because you probably weren’t running sucker punch. If you don’t run sucker punch don’t expect Jason to drop to his knees every time. It works exactly like stun chance in weapons when dropping Jason to his knees. Axe has a decent stun but isn’t as guaranteed as a bat. But sucker punch almost makes it a guarantee. 

With sucker punch I’ve never had an issue with Jason dropping to his knees yet. 

I’m running sucker punch, but not epic sucker punch. I believe it’s the common sucker punch. I’ve tried so many times to roll the perk of the epic sucker punch but I never seem to get it. 

Thanks for the answer though. I just came out of a match where I had the sweater and Jason was in rage mode and eventually we got his mask off, and Tommy was able to kill him. So I guess it really depends on the chance of stunning him with what weapon you have and if you have perks on. It was with the axe, by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@FridayThe31st You said you hit him a couple times? Did you hit him and wait to see if he was going to drop, or did you hit him twice as fast as you could? The reason I ask is, if you hit him and he is about to drop to his knees, a second hit will make him stand back up. If you had lag, you may have never seen his knees buckle. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@FridayThe31st You said you hit him a couple times? Did you hit him and wait to see if he was going to drop, or did you hit him twice as fast as you could? The reason I ask is, if you hit him and he is about to drop to his knees, a second hit will make him stand back up. If you had lag, you may have never seen his knees buckle. 

He definitely didn’t drop to his knees since a waited a couple seconds after hitting him the first time. I do know what you mean though about hitting him after he’s dropped to his knees and then him getting back up. That happens a lot when you have a group of people trying to help get him down only to screw things up in the long run.  That happens to Tommy alone too, though I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the case this time. Pretty sure it had something to do with the stun chance. I also have seen people get more successful hits from the back rather than the front — can anybody confirm? When we killed him earlier today the Tommy knocked him down on his knees from behind (and I was also standing behind Jason when I activated the sweater, though luckily there was a good distance so Tommy could get hits on him) and then went over to the front to activate the kill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2019 at 4:52 PM, DontZzz34 said:

No it’s because you probably weren’t running sucker punch. If you don’t run sucker punch don’t expect Jason to drop to his knees every time. It works exactly like stun chance in weapons when dropping Jason to his knees. Axe has a decent stun but isn’t as guaranteed as a bat. But sucker punch almost makes it a guarantee. 

With sucker punch I’ve never had an issue with Jason dropping to his knees yet. 

 

22 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@FridayThe31st You said you hit him a couple times? Did you hit him and wait to see if he was going to drop, or did you hit him twice as fast as you could? The reason I ask is, if you hit him and he is about to drop to his knees, a second hit will make him stand back up. If you had lag, you may have never seen his knees buckle. 

I have a question for you both, if you can answer it. I was the sweater girl and we had a group of people teaming up so that we can get a kill. We finally got the mask off and I used the sweater, and Tommy didn’t hit him when he was supposed to, so one of the others did. As soon as I got out of the sweater animation, I got the A button prompt like I would as if I were Tommy and I was killing Jason. Is this some kind of glitch?  I didn’t push A because I didn’t want to screw anything up more than  it already was getting because I’m pretty sure Tommy had no clue what was going to happen. He was just watching while another guy stepped in to get Jason to his knees since Tommy wasn’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never seen that happen. But I wish u woulda pressed the button anyway. Seeing the sweater girl perform the execution would be awesome and a rare thing to see!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@FridayThe31st, I’ve personally never seen or heard of sweater girl getting a prompt. I’d lean toward that being a glitch. I wish you would have pushed the button and saw what happened though, lol. 

 

10 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I’ve never seen that happen. But I wish u woulda pressed the button anyway. Seeing the sweater girl perform the execution would be awesome and a rare thing to see!!

I wish too, it happened really fast. Tommy wasn’t doing what he was supposed to and as soon as I got out of the sweater animation, it showed the little circle that I’d see if I was Tommy,  and when I would get closer it would say the button to push. The thing is it only lasted like not even a second before the prompt went away. I was also holding a wrench at the time since I gave the axe to Tommy. If I ever see that happen again, I’ll definitely try to push the button and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2019 at 12:49 PM, FridayThe31st said:

I saw a couple topics about this issue, and I’m not sure if it’s been confirmed. A couple days ago I killed Jason for the first time without a problem. It was most likely because the Jason didn’t kill anybody (I came back because I got hit by the car due to lag), and it was overall pretty easy to pull off. Just a couple minutes ago I escaped in the 2 seat car with another person and came back as Tommy, and I began searching for Jason’s shack. I met up with a Tiffany and together we found the shack, got the sweater, and I grabbed the axe. Then we began searching for Jason. He was near the group of people who were left (he didn’t kill anybody at the time yet) and  with one hit I was able to get his mask off. I remembered that just as I came back as Tommy I believe Jason entered rage mode due to most likely being hit by the group of people he was by. Anyway, as the sweater girl used the sweater on him (we were standing just outside the boathouse in the Crystal Lake Small map toward metal fence area), I began hitting him with the axe. I did it twice and still got no response, no dropping to his knees. The last time I had killed him it was in his shack, in the entrance to it, and he hadn’t been dropping to his knees due to me accidently hitting the wall since he was standing so close to the wall. He did end up dropping to his knees then though, and we were able to successfully kill him. This time however he didn’t drop to his knees at all, and eventually got out of the stun. We ended up surviving, and he ended up only murdering one person (he was slashing the whole time), but I was confused as to why it wasn’t working. I do realize that killing Jason doesn’t always work and it’s not something that happens often (even though I do see it quite some times). I was wondering if after Jason goes into rage mode if it’s harder to get him to drop to his knees, or if it’s just flat out impossible to kill him after he’s in rage mode. 

This was part 6 Jason by the way, even though it probably doesn’t make any difference.

The axe simply failed to stun him. Your best bet is to have a third person with a bat. Though a good (20% or higher) sucker punch can get you through. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

The axe simply failed to stun him. Your best bet is to have a third person with a bat. Though a good (20% or higher) sucker punch can get you through. 

Thanks for the tip. I’m not sure what percentage my sucker punch perk has. I’ll check it out next time I get on the game. I know it’s not legendary, epic or rare though. As hard as I try I can’t seem to get any of those in sucker punch.

 

For the having another person there with a baseball bat — If only people knew what they were doing. We had like 4 others with us and they were all hiding under beds in one house even though that Jason clearly didnt really know what he was doing except for slash slash slash (he ended up only killing one person). It helped that I was Tommy that round though, and that the sweater girl knew what to do also. In a lot of rounds when I’m Tommy the sweater girl uses the sweater before the mask comes off, or when I’m the sweater girl Tommy is running away to the cops even though he just spawned in. Lol. I don’t use a mic though, and when a whole lobby also doesn’t use mics,  that could contribute to why this happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FridayThe31st said:

Thanks for the tip. I’m not sure what percentage my sucker punch perk has. I’ll check it out next time I get on the game. I know it’s not legendary, epic or rare though. As hard as I try I can’t seem to get any of those in sucker punch.

 

For the having another person there with a baseball bat — If only people knew what they were doing. We had like 4 others with us and they were all hiding under beds in one house even though that Jason clearly didnt really know what he was doing except for slash slash slash (he ended up only killing one person). It helped that I was Tommy that round though, and that the sweater girl knew what to do also. In a lot of rounds when I’m Tommy the sweater girl uses the sweater before the mask comes off, or when I’m the sweater girl Tommy is running away to the cops even though he just spawned in. Lol. I don’t use a mic though, and when a whole lobby also doesn’t use mics,  that could contribute to why this happens. 

If you already have the mask off:

Have sweater girl carry the axe. Tommy carries the bat. Sweater girl drops axe before hitting the sweater. Uses sweater. Tommy drops Jason with the bat, runs to sweater girl, swaps out for axe, runs back to Jason, hits kill prompt, and it's GG.

Exploit free way to maximize your odds for success with only 2 man squad

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

If you already have the mask off:

Have sweater girl carry the axe. Tommy carries the bat. Sweater girl drops axe before hitting the sweater. Uses sweater. Tommy drops Jason with the bat, runs to sweater girl, swaps out for axe, runs back to Jason, hits kill prompt, and it's GG.

Exploit free way to maximize your odds for success with only 2 man squad

If a bat or third person isn't an option, I think using a combat stance heavy attack will up your chances of dropping him to his knees. The big majority of the times I've killed Jason, one regular swing from the axe usually drops him, but now and then it requires a second hit. If he doesn't drop after the 2nd, you're probably not getting the kill.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...