999enits

remove the jason rage...

I watched Game Playing Guru do the 7 Chad thing and in my opinion he is one of the best Jason players I've seen that does YouTube. And he was struggling but then again I'm not sure what conditions applied to the matches. I only knew it was survive the night and no escapes.Apparently no Tommy either. It seemed he wasn't slashing when clearly he could have a number of times so there may have been restrictions on slash killing as he was only going for grab kills or it seemed that way. Those tournament matches usually have certain "rules" you have to follow. But if anything it was a clear indication of why the rage buff was needed or he wouldn't have killed any of them and he only got 3 or4 as it was.

The 'competitive' scene only reinforces how lopsided the meta of this game is and how much the devs never meant for this game to be anything more than a glorified party game with no real depth given how you can cut out 75 percent of the counselors and their abilities and the Jasons and their abilities and the game would be what the competitive scene is. You end up with a very vanilla game.

And with the company not bothering with the game on a mass scale anymore because pick phantom reason.

It is what it is.

14 hours ago, Fair Play said:

It's not likely to be removed, but rather it will be adjusted, if they see fit to do so.

Would you mind avoiding the back to back posting? It makes more work for our mods.

Balance in this game has been an ongoing issue for some players more than others. Sometimes when the balance changes, you may have to change with it. Call it adaptation.

There is stuff that needs to be fixed or adjusted. Hopefully some of that will be resolved before support is abandoned.

I agree with you on that one. The Jarvis map currently plays like a scene rehearsal for a movie.

Even if those things are "fixed", I'd be more concerned with what breaks as a result.

At this stage in the game's life cycle, I'm not looking for much to change. I hope I'm wrong.

If it's changed, it'll likely be all or none. They're not gonna leave it offline and remove it from online.

Not sure what you meant about the lemon and lemonade thing, but ok. 

About the back to back posting - yea sure, still trying to get used of quoting more than one person. 

Yea hopefully they do fix some stuff for this game before support is abandoned and also hope they fix the client issue also, just incase the servers decide to shut down one day I want to be able to still play offline bots and save my progress

1 hour ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

also hope they fix the client issue also, just incase the servers decide to shut down one day I want to be able to still play offline bots and save my progress

They have said that when the time comes to close the doors and turn off all the lights, you will have access to all your saved data. You will not be able to play as counselor anymore, but you will still have all your progress that you had with Jason to use with the offline bots.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

They have said that when the time comes to close the doors and turn off all the lights, you will have access to all your saved data. You will not be able to play as counselor anymore, but you will still have all your progress that you had with Jason to use with the offline bots.

Oh ok thanks for telling me

On 9/16/2019 at 12:44 PM, The Milwauking Dead said:

I haven’t said this in a long time. But it needs to be said again.... THE GAME IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE BALANCED. Jason is meant to be OP. Just like the movies. Counselors have no problem teaming up and killing Jason within 5 minutes these days anyways. 

I mean yeah the counselors aren't supposed to be stronger than Jason. He's Jason Voorhees for crying out loud

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:34 PM, 999enits said:

im a jason main and i think its too OP.. game is not balanced at all.... 

i think if there are good survivours they shouldnt be punished for it. i loved the chase at the end that lasted the whole game... im here from the beginning.. 

pls fix it..

No such thing as a Jason Main.  

Jason rage is here to stay.  As it should be.  Without it, Jason would get his ass whopped and dance on till the end of the game.

Game is not supposed to be balanced for counselors to kick the shit out a Jason all match long.   Jason is supposed to kill counselors while they try to escape.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Match making would work fine with p2p. That existed b4 dedicated servers were implemented, so i see no reason why they wouldnt switch system back to that at server shutdown. They haven't denied doing such either.

28 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Match making would work fine with p2p. That existed b4 dedicated servers were implemented, so i see no reason why they wouldnt switch system back to that at server shutdown. They haven't denied doing such either.

That would be great if they would do that. Hopefully they look at making that move when the time comes. I just hope it’s a really long time from now when they have to weigh those decisions. 

1 minute ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

That would be great if they would do that. Hopefully they look at making that move when the time comes. I just hope it’s a really long time from now when they have to weigh those decisions. 

Matt has said they will do everything in their power to allow us access to all content of the game including playing as counselors.

So that is extremely relieving information for us that were worried about only having off-line features when development ends.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 11:50 PM, GeneiJin said:

For anyone following the "hardcore" scene,  last weekend skilled players streamed a "Money Match".  Top-Tier Jason players against 7 Chads; survive the night, no escape.  Out of the 3 Jason players, only 1 player manage to kill all players, and it was only in 1 out of the 3 game he played.  Of course you can't compare an organized team vs the typical Quick Play game, but keep in mind that they are forced to remain on the map for the full 20 mins against a tournament caliber Jason.

Requirements were only to kill all the Chads. The Jarvis didn't count even though he did go 8/8 on the last match, 7/8 would have still gotten the win as long as there weren't any Chad's left. Lol sounds easy enough in theory, but believe me any one of the Chad's or the Jason's they faced would be enough to make an average player contemplate uninstalling the game after playing against them. Whether it be as counselor, or Jason. 

@TimDuke 01 slashing was permitted as well as calling Jarvis.

Oh ok now I know the stipulations thanks. I believe I saw some exploits on both sides and Guru was obviously using a turbo controller or he's got the button mashing technique down. I thought I saw one of the Chads use "sliding" exploit. Were exploits allowed?

17 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Oh ok now I know the stipulations thanks. I believe I saw some exploits on both sides and Guru was obviously using a turbo controller or he's got the button mashing technique down. I thought I saw one of the Chads use "sliding" exploit. Were exploits allowed?

I'm going to answer no due to the fact that our definition of exploits are different than yours. BTW Guru doesn't use "turbo" controllers. That's all button mashing.

I'm sure sliding wasn't allowed or they would have all been doing it .  Fun fact: sliding isn't effective against host Jason. The "disappearing" part anyway. It's still good for conserving stamina. But host Jason will easily knife, slash, or grab the slider because they don't disappear from his screen.

On 9/15/2019 at 4:34 PM, 999enits said:

im a jason main and i think its too OP.. game is not balanced at all.... 

>Jason too OP

>Game not balanced

Wut....when was this game suppose to be balance????

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

That's all button mashing

Oh ok.I'm very good at this and get accused of using a macro or turbo keyboard or controller.That is why they'll never ban anyone for using macro's or special controllers.It is humanly possible to mash as fast or nearly as fast.I know you can get up to 12-13 presses  a second and there are lots of videos showing proof.

On 9/19/2019 at 6:07 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

I watched Game Playing Guru do the 7 Chad thing and in my opinion he is one of the best Jason players I've seen that does YouTube. And he was struggling but then again I'm not sure what conditions applied to the matches. I only knew it was survive the night and no escapes.Apparently no Tommy either. It seemed he wasn't slashing when clearly he could have a number of times so there may have been restrictions on slash killing as he was only going for grab kills or it seemed that way. Those tournament matches usually have certain "rules" you have to follow. But if anything it was a clear indication of why the rage buff was needed or he wouldn't have killed any of them and he only got 3 or4 as it was.

I realized you only saw the first game.
Look at the secondr

16 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

>Jason too OP

>Game not balanced

Wut....when was this game suppose to be balance????

Um it’s a game? Games need balance