2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

You did quote me. You can see why I took it that way. But as you didn't mean it that way, my bad.

It's cool. I can see where the miscommunication came from.

I feel that rage is one of the best additions to the game. Jason is supposed to be dominant. That’s how it was in the movies. It helps when you’re facing a lobby that’s a kill squad. 

• Like 1

Raga is the only thing that can prevent the group counselor pinata party at the end of the day (With the state the game has been in the last 2-3 patches) .  My only concern with rage is, it takes effect ways too far along in the match.  By that time you'll have had been stunned about 20 times by the Jason hit squad as they are circling around you, while you have to resort to Slashes that some time never connect or "old woman lunge grabs" that miss the mark. 

The force grab can prevent the Jason hit squads too.  Honestly, you don't really need rage if you have the old force grab.   I would take the old force grab over late in the game rage anyways..  

On 9/15/2019 at 4:34 PM, 999enits said:

im a jason main and i think its too OP.. game is not balanced at all.... 

i think if there are good survivours they shouldnt be punished for it. i loved the chase at the end that lasted the whole game... im here from the beginning.. 

pls fix it..

No. You favor counselors by claiming you play jason. Jason is fine.

1 hour ago, DorianRo said:

Raga is the only thing that can prevent the group counselor pinata party at the end of the day (With the state the game has been in the last 2-3 patches) .  My only concern with rage is, it takes effect ways too far along in the match.  By that time you'll have had been stunned about 20 times by the Jason hit squad as they are circling around you, while you have to resort to Slashes that some time never connect or "old woman lunge grabs" that miss the mark. 

The force grab can prevent the Jason hit squads too.  Honestly, you don't really need rage if you have the old force grab.   I would take the old force grab over late in the game rage anyways..  

More of this bs??? Leave the forum please :)

and sounds like you need to git good

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Rage definitely helps to make Jason feel more powerful and was implemented because of piñata Jason parties....but still requires the Jason player to adapt and use the abilities in their arsenal to limit counselors players from constantly stunning Prior to Rage Activating......

I know sometimes it isn’t easy to do but try to break up the group By blocking and not releasing it till there weapons have broken or you have rage when surrounded....

Get used to switching from getting into combat stance into block and out of block.....practice with off-line bots it really helps...remember Jason blocks 360 degrees if they are ganging up hold it and don’t let go....

if they see what you are doing they will usually break off the attack either to get another weapon or re group take this time to go after the stragglers if possible....use sense to locate the ones that are alone and focus on them.

I don’t see Gun making any changes to the grab range anytime soon and if they did it wouldn’t be to revert to the force grab they would probably just widen the cone as his grab length is decent enough.

20 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

More of this bs??? Leave the forum please :)

and sounds like you need to git good

I am not a fan of “Git Good” statements.

Some players will continue to make the same mistakes repeated when they get overly frustrated.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I am not a fan of “Git Good” statements.

That makes two of us.

• Like 1

well if it gets removed the trolls will just go back to bullying him  jasons might to be a beast not a punching bag

Imo I think the whole rage buff is all bs and one of the reasons why I mostly play offline bots now. This is a videogame, not a movie, which the game is suppose to be fun for both sides, not only Jason. If you want to avoid a pinata party, learn to play better as Jason and just like if you hate dying all the time as a counselor, learn to get better at playing that certain counselor like what I do with Jenny. When I first started playing Jason Pt.3 when I got the game in Dec 17, I sucked and when I got used to using him I started getting to be a decent Jason player. I still need to work on breaking windows and stalk, since my mind is so into playing Jason, it makes me not want to think of those smart tactics sometimes. I'm a fun Jason anyways so I like having fun then taking this game too serious like some people do. 

Jason was already unstoppable before the rage update with his 4 abilities that the counselors don't have, Stalk, Sense, Shift and Morph, you just have to know how to use them. Plus he has throwing knifes and traps also. Yea he has strengths and weaknesses also but that's the chance you take when you choose a certain Jason to play as just like when you play as a counselor, it's the chance you take for playing as one of them.  

If Jason gets rage early, what's the point of having weapons in the game to fight back then and also this update messes things up like make perks more useless, what's the point of them also then. I guess there's no point of escaping in the cars since it ends in a cluttered massacre with trying to fight Jason off to get the car started and try to escape and also Jason can throw knives at cars to flip them over now. I miss those memories when I would be limping as jenny towards the police entrance and give Jason one final swing with a weapon and make it to safety. 

It would of been nice if the devs thought this rage thing more through and find another way to fix this then this lazy band aid of an update. You know what they should of done was when Jason is in rage and he gets stunned, maybe make it so he can't be knocked down (only stunned while on foot) and give him a less stun duration and you can't hit him after like 20 secs. So it will be like hit him to get away or risk dying while trying to stun chain him. This could also help out towards those cocky players beating on his ass at the police entrance, either hit him and escape or die.  I'll agree that Jason needed a fix up but imo, this shouldn't be the way to fix it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

If you want to avoid a pinata party, learn to play better as Jason 

After this I stopped reading. With the flawed combat system of this game, no matter how good you get at playing Jason, the piñata parties would still exist. The rage buff wasn’t the best option to fix the game, but it’s the only option that was given to us. Don’t tell someone if they want to stop getting beat down because of a flawed system to “get good”. The majority of the problems wasn’t the skill level of the players, it’s the mechanics of the game. 

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

After this I stopped reading. With the flawed combat system of this game, no matter how good you get at playing Jason, the piñata parties would still exist. The rage buff wasn’t the best option to fix the game, but it’s the only option that was given to us. Don’t tell someone if they want to stop getting beat down because of a flawed system to “get good”. The majority of the problems wasn’t the skill level of the players, it’s the mechanics of the game. 

I don't mean to tell people on how they should play it's just a suggestion and your right the combat system is flawed and that's one of the things that should be fixed. Like other stuff needs to be fixed instead of adding something that makes things look unbalanced. This game can no longer get content and the rage update is the last thing this game needs imo. 

9 hours ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

Imo I think the whole rage buff is all bs and one of the reasons why I mostly play offline bots now. This is a videogame, not a movie, which the game is suppose to be fun for both sides, not only Jason.

Off-Line plays more like the movies than the on-line version Jason can/ will breeze right through a match with Bots.

A-lot of players will make the argument that making Jason harder makes the game more fun for Counselor gameplay.

I happen to agree with that argument.

If you want to avoid a pinata party, learn to play better as Jason and just like if you hate dying all the time as a counselor, learn to get better at playing that certain counselor like what I do with Jenny. When I first started playing Jason Pt.3 when I got the game in Dec 17, I sucked and when I got used to using him I started getting to be a decent Jason player. I still need to work on breaking windows and stalk, since my mind is so into playing Jason, it makes me not want to think of those smart tactics sometimes. I'm a fun Jason anyways so I like having fun then taking this game too serious like some people do. 

Skill is required on both sides to thrive at this game getting better at using the characters you play as and playing to their strengths is a must.....

but combat in this game sucks and has always sucked....

( I can’t stand the bait and swing/ bait and grab style of combat in this game I would rather it come down to better blocking and dodging mechanics at least then it would be more skill based not who spun in a circle 360 degrees better before a grab lands or a swing stuns.)

....Remember gameplay mechanics play a huge hand in Jason player  issues........Before rage was implemented two Counselor could easily keep Jason stun looped for the entirety of the match even attempting to use Jason’s abilities offered little respite....

Jason was already unstoppable before the rage update with his 4 abilities that the counselors don't have, Stalk, Sense, Shift and Morph, you just have to know how to use them.

And also Jason is supposed to be overpowering with those abilities it’s 1 vs 7 if he played like a counselor he would never kill anyone.....unless he could use the car to run people over like assholes counselors players 😉

Yea he has strengths and weaknesses also but that's the chance you take when you choose a certain Jason to play as just like when you play as a counselor, it's the chance you take for playing as one of them.  

True....players have to play to these characters strengths.....

If Jason gets rage early, what's the point of having weapons in the game to fight back then

Here are 3 reasons ....

1.) If Jason has a friend of your in his grab you will be glad the weapons are there to knock them out of his grasp....

2.) You can still gain stamina off of hits on Jason during rage

.....but let’s not forget the most important reason...

3.) To knock off his Mask and get the kill.

this update messes things up like make perks more useless, what's the point of them also then

To be honest most of the perks were always useless before the Rage Buff...

I guess there's no point of escaping in the cars since it ends in a cluttered massacre with trying to fight Jason off to get the car started and try to escape.

I call that a whole lot of fun!!! I usually run off for Jason to target someone else and circle back and restart the car quite successfully.....😁 And then try picking up the stragglers.....if it’s not possible Get the fuck out of dodge!

also Jason can throw knives at cars to flip them over now.

This will be taken out eventually....it is unintended.

I miss those memories when I would be limping as jenny towards the police entrance and give Jason one final swing with a weapon and make it to safety. 

These moments are still in the game Escaping to the cops just needs to be a priority prior to Rage activating...

7 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

👍🏻 Agreed.

2 hours ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

I don't mean to tell people on how they should play it's just a suggestion and your right the combat system is flawed and that's one of the things that should be fixed. Like other stuff needs to be fixed instead of adding something that makes things look unbalanced. This game can no longer get content and the rage update is the last thing this game needs imo. 

Instead they should have just 

fixed block/swing delay

get into block faster 

meatshielding 

longer invincibility frames from damage/stuns after animations/etc

more mask hp

in rage mode less stun chance instead 

I’ve said it 10000 times but this is what should’ve been done instead of the rage buff. But of course the devs aren’t going to listen to their playerbase... 

this would’ve solved the problem. Any decent to good Jason would sure and shit not be a piñata and groups who want to beat on him all game would pay the price. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Instead they should have just 

fixed block/swing delay

get into block faster 

meatshielding 

longer invincibility frames from damage/stuns after animations/etc

more mask hp

in rage mode less stun chance instead 

I’ve said it 10000 times but this is what should’ve been done instead of the rage buff. But of course the devs aren’t going to listen to their playerbase... 

this would’ve solved the problem. Any decent to good Jason would sure and shit not be a piñata and groups who want to beat on him all game would pay the price. 

As long as I can stun him during rage, I'm up for all that, what do you mean by Meat shielding? 

5 minutes ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

As long as I can stun him during rage, I'm up for all that, what do you mean by Meat shielding? 

You can stun him during rage. Shot gun, bear traps, his mom’s sweater and the de-masking hit.

Meat shielding was when you could pick a counselor up and direct them toward an attacking counselor to block the attack. 

Why did they ever mess with combat stance in the first place? It worked fairly decent at launch.I never did like the auto targeting part of it. You had instant block despite ping and zero delay swinging out of block or maybe my memory isn't that good.LOL Regardless it needs fixed along with a lot of the other suggestions BEFORE they start thinking about nerfing or removing the rage buff. I don't want to see a return to piñata Jason as most don't. It would probably require messing with the coding quite a bit to rectify and bring back and add those suggestions.We all know what happens when they start messing with the code too much now don't we?🦟🦗🐞

3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Off-Line plays more like the movies than the on-line version Jason can/ will breeze right through a match with Bots.

A-lot of players will make the argument that making Jason harder makes the game more fun for Counselor gameplay.

I happen to agree with that argument.

Skill is required on both sides to thrive at this game getting better at using the characters you play as and playing to their strengths is a must.....

but combat in this game sucks and has always sucked....

( I can’t stand the bait and swing/ bait and grab style of combat in this game I would rather it come down to better blocking and dodging mechanics at least then it would be more skill based not who spun in a circle 360 degrees better before a grab lands or a swing stuns.)

....Remember gameplay mechanics play a huge hand in Jason player  issues........Before rage was implemented two Counselor could easily keep Jason stunned looped for the entirety of the match even attempting to use Jason’s abilities offered little respite....

And also Jason is supposed to be overpowering with those abilities it’s 1 vs 7 if he played like a counselor he would never kill anyone.....unless he could use the car and run people over😉

True....players have to play to these characters strengths.....

Here are 3 reasons ....

1.) If Jason has a friend of your in his grab you will be glad the weapons are there to knock them out of his grasp....

2.) You can still gain stamina off of hits on Jason during rage

.....but let’s not forget the most important reason...

3.) To knock off his Mask and get the kill.

To be honest most of the perks were always useless before the Rage Buff...

I call that a whole lot of fun!!! I usually run off for Jason to target someone else and circle back and restart the car quite successfully.....😁 And then try picking up the stragglers.....if it’s not possible Get the fuck out of dodge!

This will be taken out eventually....it is unintended.

These moments are still in the game Escaping to the cops just needs to be a priority prior to Rage activating...

👍🏻 Agreed.

"And also Jason is supposed to be overpowering with those abilities it’s 1 vs 7 if he played like a counselor he would never kill anyone.....unless he could use the car and run people over."

or You can give him a bulldozer so he run down cabins while Counselors are in it 😂, that would be horrible for sure. 

The 3 reasons you listed if he gets rage early

1.) If Jason has a friend of your in his grab you will be glad the weapons are there to knock them out of his grasp....

True you can knock them out of his grasp but all Jason has to do is keep grabbing a counselor until one of their weapons break and can no longer be saved or when the weapon breaks then what? 

2.) You can still gain stamina off of hits on Jason during rage

Yea true but he can still grab you, without being stunned unless you got a shotgun. flare gun or firecrackers with you. 

3.) To knock off his Mask and get the kill.

It's best if you did this when he's not in rage, doing it during rage can be more risky since you have to hit him with a weapon that can't stun him. 

'I call that a whole lot of fun!!! I usually run off for Jason to target someone else and circle back and restart the car quite successfully.....😁 And then try picking up the stragglers.....if it’s not possible Get the fuck out of dodge!"

I try picking people up too especially if it's the 4 seater, but if Jason is on my ass and some ppl not getting in the car, I'm sure getting the fk outta doge lol. 

About the throwing knives thrown at cars

If they take this out, hopefully they keep it for the offline bots, since it's a fun thing to do on that mode. 

44 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You can stun him during rage. Shot gun, bear traps, his mom’s sweater and the de-masking hit.

Meat shielding was when you could pick a counselor up and direct them toward an attacking counselor to block the attack. 

Pretty much the weapons that you can use one time are able to stun him except for bear traps, you can use it on him as much as you like but setting those up are a pain. 

ahh ok, it would be nice if you could do that but sadly swinging a weapon at Jason hits him as it goes threw a counselor that's in Jason's grasp. 

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Why did they ever mess with combat stance in the first place? It worked fairly decent at launch.I never did like the auto targeting part of it. You had instant block despite ping and zero delay swinging out of block or maybe my memory isn't that good.LOL Regardless it needs fixed along with a lot of the other suggestions BEFORE they start thinking about nerfing or removing the rage buff. I don't want to see a return to piñata Jason as most don't. It would probably require messing with the coding quite a bit to rectify and bring back and add those suggestions.We all know what happens when they start messing with the code too much now don't we?🦟🦗🐞

maybe removing team killing messed up the combat stance, I was not around when team killing was a thing so I wouldn't know. I'm glad they removed team killing though, the game is intended to survive the night against a murderous killing machine not against 7 other shady fks or 8 if u count tommy. They should put some tweaks into the rage buff instead of like welp, screw the ppl that can't stun him anymore, we add it anyways. 

1 hour ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

or You can give him a bulldozer so he run down cabins while Counselors are in it 😂, that would be horrible for sure. 

Lol 😂 

On to the next point....But remember you said what is the point of having weapons if Jason has Rage......

I gave you 3 and you agreed that all three were reasons to have weapons after rage was activated......so here is my responses to your responses....

True you can knock them out of his grasp but all Jason has to do is keep grabbing a counselor until one of their weapons break and can no longer be saved or when the weapon breaks then what? 

There is plenty of time to get the Hell away from Jason once he drops you as long as the player doesn’t try to pick up a weapon and runs the moment they are dropped.

If the weapon breaks it is what it is....weapons break in this game it’s a thing...they break even when Jason doesn’t have rage...

Yea true but he can still grab you, without being stunned unless you got a shotgun. flare gun or firecrackers with you. 

When using this Gameplay mechanic it is best not to attempt to hit him before he has made a grab attempt.....use it to keep your stamina up and bait him into a grab...move away and hit instant stamina for more running which you will definitely need to do once you hit him...since it doesn’t do anything.

3.) To knock off his Mask and get the kill.

It's best if you did this when he's not in rage, doing it during rage can be more risky since you have to hit him with a weapon that can't stun him.

Its actually just as easy to kill him even when he has rage..... it’s actually easier since all none stunning hits are full damage to his Mask Hp....when he gets stunned he actually takes less damage to the mask.....

" try picking people up too especially if it's the 4 seater, but if Jason is on my ass and some ppl not getting in the car, I'm sure getting the fk outta doge lol. 

Not going to lie.... it makes me a little warm and tingly inside as I speed away with someone still attempting to Fight Jason......The look of utter despair in the other counselors face as I flee for my life is priceless....😊

About the throwing knives thrown at cars

If they take this out, hopefully they keep it for the offline bots, since it's a fun thing to do on that mode. 

If it gets taken out it will will also be taken out of the Off-line portion of the game...

• Like 1

SPOILER ALERT

The game you have now is the game its going to be 6 months from now, 1 year from now.

Like it or leave it. They're done making meaningful changes to the game beyond one change every six months and even that is suspect at this point.

- Too expensive

- Game is too old, you know because normally every game dies after one year or less...especially if support doesn't pan out much...and apparently every game at 2 years old is ancient...only the bad/unsupported ones im afraid

- Whatever super, duper secret project they're working on next will take up all of their time

tumblr_oo0q2f9UO21qmob6ro1_500.gif

• Sad 1

On 9/15/2019 at 3:34 PM, 999enits said:

im a jason main and i think its too OP.. game is not balanced at all.... 

i think if there are good survivours they shouldnt be punished for it. i loved the chase at the end that lasted the whole game... im here from the beginning.. 

pls fix it..

No. lol.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, martindd45 said:

well if it gets removed the trolls will just go back to bullying him  jasons might to be a beast not a punching bag

It's not likely to be removed, but rather it will be adjusted, if they see fit to do so.

13 hours ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

Imo I think the whole rage buff is all bs and one of the reasons why I mostly play offline bots now. This is a videogame, not a movie, which the game is suppose to be fun for both sides, not only Jason. If you want to avoid a pinata party, learn to play better as Jason and just like if you hate dying all the time as a counselor, learn to get better at playing that certain counselor like what I do with Jenny. When I first started playing Jason Pt.3 when I got the game in Dec 17, I sucked and when I got used to using him I started getting to be a decent Jason player. I still need to work on breaking windows and stalk, since my mind is so into playing Jason, it makes me not want to think of those smart tactics sometimes. I'm a fun Jason anyways so I like having fun then taking this game too serious like some people do. 

Whether you are playing just  to have fun, or from a serious standpoint, it is your choice. The same choice applies to each player, as long as they are playing in a way that is within the rules, and not trying to ruin the experience for others.

A video game based on a movie can be fun and immersive. It all depends on how the game is designed, and who you play with.

Jason was already unstoppable before the rage update with his 4 abilities that the counselors don't have, Stalk, Sense, Shift and Morph, you just have to know how to use them. Plus he has throwing knifes and traps also. Yea he has strengths and weaknesses also but that's the chance you take when you choose a certain Jason to play as just like when you play as a counselor, it's the chance you take for playing as one of them.

Jason is unstoppable to some players but not others. The skill level on each side has some influence over how unstoppable Jason can be perceived to be.

If Jason gets rage early, what's the point of having weapons in the game to fight back then and also this update messes things up like make perks more useless, what's the point of them also then. I guess there's no point of escaping in the cars since it ends in a cluttered massacre with trying to fight Jason off to get the car started and try to escape and also Jason can throw knives at cars to flip them over now. I miss those memories when I would be limping as jenny towards the police entrance and give Jason one final swing with a weapon and make it to safety. 

Some players look at a pile of lemons and see a pile of lemons.

Other players see a pile of lemons, and make lemonade.

A chosen few players see the lemons, make lemonade, and end up with a pocket full of cash from selling the lemonade.

Your outlook on the game defines you as a player.

It would of been nice if the devs thought this rage thing more through

It would have been nice if such an update didn't have to be made in the first place. Blame the counselors playing pinata for that one.

Would you mind avoiding the back to back posting? It makes more work for our mods.

9 hours ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

Balance in this game has been an ongoing issue for some players more than others. Sometimes when the balance changes, you may have to change with it. Call it adaptation.

There is stuff that needs to be fixed or adjusted. Hopefully some of that will be resolved before support is abandoned.

9 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I agree with you on that one. The Jarvis map currently plays like a scene rehearsal for a movie.

6 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

This would’ve could've solved the problem. Any decent to good Jason would sure and as shit  not be a piñata, and groups who want to beat on him all game would pay the price.

Even if those things are "fixed", I'd be more concerned with what breaks as a result.

6 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

At this stage in the game's life cycle, I'm not looking for much to change. I hope I'm wrong.

5 hours ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

If it's changed, it'll likely be all or none. They're not gonna leave it offline and remove it from online.

• Like 1

As someone who would have fought against the implication of an the "Rage Buff" prior to it, I am "generally" fine with it.  Yes, I would have preferred an improvement to the combat system as @DontZzz34 mentioned, but it's not going to happen with the current scope from development.  Honestly, even if the combat was directly addressed, it would have only benefited advanced players and, like it or not, Jason unstunnable post-rage addresses pinata-Jason for more skill-levels (past 2 years in, and I still come across 150s that doesn't know Jason can block 😂). 

Even with the "Rage Buff", Jason isn't OP.  Jason can still have his hands tied with more than one objectives being pushed and killing him is the same as it always been (easier once he gets Rage).  For anyone following the "hardcore" scene,  last weekend skilled players streamed a "Money Match".  Top-Tier Jason players against 7 Chads; survive the night, no escape.  Out of the 3 Jason players, only 1 player manage to kill all players, and it was only in 1 out of the 3 game he played.  Of course you can't compare an organized team vs the typical Quick Play game, but keep in mind that they are forced to remain on the map for the full 20 mins against a tournament caliber Jason. 

Next to killing Jason, surviving the night is my most common survival condition.  Jason isn't OP.