im a jason main and i think its too OP.. game is not balanced at all.... 

i think if there are good survivours they shouldnt be punished for it. i loved the chase at the end that lasted the whole game... im here from the beginning.. 

pls fix it..

• Like 1

If they get rid of the rage update they need to improve Jason’s combat. 

Fix combat stance block/swing delay, have him be able to get into block quicker, and give more mask hp and I’d be all for removing the new rage update entirely. 

This is what they should’ve done from the beginning instead of adding in a lazy bandaid  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 999enits said:

i think if there are good survivours they shouldnt be punished for it. i loved the chase at the end that lasted the whole game... im here from the beginning.. 

pls fix it..

No. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The only thing his rage does is make it so you can’t stun him and he can break doors faster. There are so many easy great ways to evade Jason, taking away the stun button at the end of the match should not affect your ability to survive 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think it's an ineffective and pointless Jason "buff"

Most matches I play Jason doesn't get into rage.  He's either dead, or all the counselors are dead/escaped before Jason gets rage. 

N

3 hours ago, 999enits said:

pls fix it..

no 

To be honest tho wouldn’t all of you really want jason to have better combat and more mask hp over this lazy ass bandaid we call the rage buff?? 

Really don't mind the rage buff, but I think it would be better if the counselors just had 1/4  of their  normal stun chance, and Tommy have 1/2 of his normal stun chance instead of no stuns at all. 

13 hours ago, 999enits said:

pls fix it..

While I'm no fan of the rage update. Like @DontZzz34 I'd have rather seen them address the actual weaknesses. At this point I don't see that happening. I personally find it annoying as a counselor. But they had to stop the pinata parties somehow. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

To be honest tho wouldn’t all of you really want jason to have better combat and more mask hp over this lazy ass bandaid we call the rage buff?? 

Yes and No..... even though it’s not what I wanted to fix the Pinata Parties ....

I like that Rage gives Jason something more than just a faster recharge and breaking Doors down instantly.....

The only way I would want rage mode removed is if:

1.) Still immune to stuns breaking through doors.

2.) Stun Chance and Stun time with all melee weapons were drastically reduced...:When rage is activated.

3.) Fix combat delays Slashes and Blocking.

4.) More Mask Hp or the Ability to put The mask back on and get 1/2 Mask HP back.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 999enits said:

pls fix it..

I haven’t said this in a long time. But it needs to be said again.... THE GAME IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE BALANCED. Jason is meant to be OP. Just like the movies. Counselors have no problem teaming up and killing Jason within 5 minutes these days anyways. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

While I'm no fan of the rage update. Like @DontZzz34 I'd have rather seen them address the actual weaknesses. At this point I don't see that happening. I personally find it annoying as a counselor. But they had to stop the pinata parties somehow. 

This is what so many of the ones whining about the Rage buff fail to understand. They say "The Rage buff isn't going to help Jason fight groups of counselors" and I say "No shit, Sherlock! It isn't supposed to!"

The Rage buff isn't here to help fight groups, it's here to end the Pinata Parties. Before the buff it was both very easy and very common for Jason to get his ass kicked the ENTIRE ROUND, and you didn't need to be a pro at this game to do it. Some people may think "A Pinata Party is the same thing as fighting a group", but it's not. Attacking Jason to remove the mask and attacking him with no purpose or goal other than stunning him are two very different things. All the Rage buff does is ensure you can't chain stun him for 20 minutes anymore and to be honest, the only people who are affected by the buff are the ones who didn't plan to actually contribute something useful in the first place.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

This is what so many of the ones whining about the Rage buff fail to understand. They say "The Rage buff isn't going to help Jason fight groups of counselors" and I say "No shit, Sherlock! It isn't supposed to!"

The Rage buff isn't here to help fight groups, it's here to end the Pinata Parties. Before the buff it was both very easy and very common for Jason to get his ass kicked the ENTIRE ROUND, and you didn't need to be a pro at this game to do it. Some people may think "A Pinata Party is the same thing as fighting a group", but it's not. Attacking Jason to remove the mask and attacking him with no purpose or goal other than stunning him are two very different things. All the Rage buff does is ensure you can't chain stun him for 20 minutes anymore and to be honest, the only people who are affected by the buff are the ones who didn't plan to actually contribute something useful in the first place.

What we are saying is we’d rather Jason to have tools to fight effectively so he isn’t a piñata in the first place. Which is what he has needed all along 

In the right hands with the tools we truly need and the buffs Jason needs to have that would make one deadly ass Jason. Would be a lot better with proper buffs than the rage mode update 

@OCT 31 1978

yeah I agree with most of that. 

Then you're gonna be pretty much screwed when You get a group of bully counselors circling you with Thrasher etc. You're gonna be getting knocked to the ground with every shot,  tea bagged then killed.   Rage at leasts prevents it somewhat (though by the time you get rage its probably too late anyways) 

And Jason should have never been a piñata.  The counselors should NEVER be the ones out hunting the zombie killer.  Nor should  their single hits with a bat do more damage than a slash by Jason . ROFLMAO   Though in this game its generally what it is.  Sure against a noob QP lobby, the game goes how its supposed to.   But more times than not its the counselors out hunting the killer and not vice-versa 

I seem to recall stunning Jason after he is in rage mode. It doesn't always happen and the stun time is brief. Am I mistaken?

45 minutes ago, U_r_rexdale said:

I seem to recall stunning Jason after he is in rage mode. It doesn't always happen and the stun time is brief. Am I mistaken?

That’s the de mask

• Thanks 1

no way. there needs to be a penilty for beating on jason. you do not need to stun jason every five seconds to survive. you dont even need to stun him once to survive in fact.. it takes almost fifteen minutes before jason is raging out if you keep the attacks to a miminum like you should. in that time, if you didnt escape or set up a jason kill, then you will pay the price!

@DontZzz34 & @OCT 31 1978

id love to see those kinda changes as im sure you both know. particularly a cleaner combat mode. even with those changes however, i think rage should stay the same. there should be a penilty for attacking jason too much. i think there should also be a penilty for taking the mask off too. like weapon strength doubles when the mask is off.. its like what @The Milwauking Dead said, jason was intended to be OP. youre supposed to be running for your life from an unstoppable maniac.

the rage buff also helped sway the game play more towards strategy.

Edited by glowing ooze
new content
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I know what it is there for. It was the wrong way to do it. Maybe be less of an ass just because people don't agree with you.

2 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I know what it is there for. It was the wrong way to do it. Maybe be less of an ass just because people don't agree with you.

Excuse you? I wasn't lumping you into the same category as "the ones whining about the Rage buff". You said the Pinata Parties had to end, I said "This is what so many of the ones whining about the Rage buff fail to understand", which was intended as "The ones whining about it don't get that it was there to end Pinata Parties". At no point did I mean you were one of the ones whining about it.

Put a little more effort into reading next time before you call someone an ass... ass.

3 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

no way. there needs to be a penilty for beating on jason. you do not need to stun jason every five seconds to survive. you dont even need to stun him once to survive in fact.. it takes almost fifteen minutes before jason is raging out if you keep the attacks to a miminum like you should. in that time, if you didnt escape or set up a jason kill, then you will pay the price!

@DontZzz34 & @OCT 31 1978

id love to see those kinda changes as im sure you both know. particularly a cleaner combat mode. even with those changes however, i think rage should stay the same. there should be a penilty for attacking jason too much. i think there should also be a penilty for taking the mask off too. like weapon strength doubles when the mask is off.. its like what @The Milwauking Dead said, jason was intended to be OP. youre supposed to be running for your life from an unstoppable maniac.

the rage buff also helped sway the game play more towards strategy.

I agree with you 100%

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2019 at 4:34 PM, 999enits said:

pls fix it..

The chase at the end that lasted the whole game?? What did you mean to write? 

@glowing ooze I just feel a very OP combat system for Jason and him being unstunnable in rage would be too much imo

With an op combat system that’d be plenty enough for a good Jason to have. Fighting a good Jason with these tools would be very hard

more damage when de masked? I feel balance would go out the window. Especially w/out thick skin. Weapon strength Jason would do 1 slash and limp a counselor. 1 knife would limp a counselor. Thick skin it’d go up to 2. It’d be near impossible surviving the night 

8 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Every once in a while, there's a thread that causes me to sign back in and post.

No, Jason's Rage is not OP, and there's still counterplay to it:https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/thatguyinktown/video/79256973

That video cuts off me fixing the fuse, making the call, and running Jason for at least 60 seconds before the clip begins.

Nice. Jason can be ran around even longer for like 10+ minutes to

15 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Excuse you? I wasn't lumping you into the same category as "the ones whining about the Rage buff". You said the Pinata Parties had to end, I said "This is what so many of the ones whining about the Rage buff fail to understand", which was intended as "The ones whining about it don't get that it was there to end Pinata Parties". At no point did I mean you were one of the ones whining about it.

Put a little more effort into reading next time before you call someone an ass... ass.

You did quote me. You can see why I took it that way. But as you didn't mean it that way, my bad.