Sign in to follow this  
Strigoi

Pocket Knife Glitch.

Sometimes ill have a pocket knife and it doesent work.

Jason still grabs me and crunches me.

This has happened a few times now so i figured i should report it.

What about adding 2 more pocket knives to the game also.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Sometimes ill have a pocket knife and it doesent work.

Jason still grabs me and crunches me.

This has happened a few times now so i figured i should report it.

What about adding 2 more pocket knives to the game also.

If you can submit a video to Jason Kills buds.com and what platform you were playing on .....that will be even more helpful.

.....I have not come across this bug yet.

@mattshotcha has this been reported about before?

There's a current issue when you use fireworks, it makes the pocket knife you have in your inventory disappear. Never heard of the knife just not working though.

As for adding more pocket knives to the game, no.

• Like 1

Sounds like something that was reported with certain inventory items being used and deleting the pocket knife from the inventory. The team has been investigating and trying to reproduce the issue, but it is not a 100% reproduction rate bug.

Had a pocketknife disappear from my inventory yesterday.

Had Keys, knife and firecrackers. Found another firecrackers in a draw so dropped the one in my inventory & grabbed the one in the draw. Jason enters cabin, used firecrackers in inventory & grabbed ones on the floor. Used second firecrackers straight away & knife disappears from inventory as I use them leaving only keys in my inventory.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, MortenMagnePal said:

If you have a pocket knife in your inventory don't pick up the firecrackers it's happening to me more often for some reason

or drop the knife, toss crackers, pickup knife and be on way. 

• Like 1

I "pad" something between the PK (1st slot) and Firework (3 slot), usually with a med spray. 

• Like 2

This happened to me a couple weeks ago and I thought I was seeing things and I actually didn’t have a pocket knife… when I was sure I did! 

I once saw on a video that the counselor went to stab Jason with the pocket knife and it literally broke into two and fell to the floor, mine wasn’t like that. It was as if it was never there. 

I was the last one alive and I was in the house with the long table running around it when suddenly he grabbed me. I had a pocket knife so I expected to break free but then it was as if the pocket knife was never there. I don’t remember if I still had some fire crackers in my inventory, I know I had some before I got grabbed but I used them. 

The only way this glitch could be good is when people wait around at the exit and dance even when they’re the last ones left (people still do that), and they feel that since they have a pocket knife and the Jason isn’t that good that they won’t die. If they get grabbed in that situation it would serve them right. Or when they do some kind of annoying shit like a little kid teabagging. Other than that though, even though I’ve only come across this glitch once it is really unpleasant. 

37 minutes ago, FridayThe31st said:

The only way this glitch could be good is when people wait around at the exit and dance even when they’re the last ones left (people still do that), and they feel that since they have a pocket knife and the Jason isn’t that good that they won’t die. If they get grabbed in that situation it would serve them right. Or when they do some kind of annoying shit like a little kid teabagging. Other than that though, even though I’ve only come across this glitch once it is really unpleasant. 

It's sad people still dance and taunt at the exit rather than escaping.

I had a match like that a couple days ago. There was one counselor left. It was a speedo Chad dancing and trying to bait me. I just turned Jason around and walked away. I guess Chad got a little annoyed that I wouldn't play his game. He came looking for me, and I caught him by surprise with Stalk. His pocketknife didn't work, and he died. The salt from that player was priceless.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

It's sad people still dance and taunt at the exit rather than escaping.

I had a match like that a couple days ago. There was one counselor left. It was a speedo Chad dancing and trying to bait me. I just turned Jason around and walked away. I guess Chad got a little annoyed that I wouldn't play his game. He came looking for me, and I caught him by surprise with Stalk. His pocketknife didn't work, and he died. The salt from that player was priceless.

Exactly, it was funny to a certain extent. I find it funny when players like that try to taunt me when they’re finally able to stun me. For instance, a Buggzy was able to get 2 stuns off of me and had a pocket knife when I grabbed him. When he hit me the second time he still danced over me, then ran when I got up as usual. Like you did, I did a stalk kill which is always the best way to get people like this. I don’t know what the point of the whole dancing at the exit or teabagging is — to taunt, yes — but when they actually get killed, which, by the way, they’re just asking for in this situation (people who taunt should expect to get killed unless the Jason is really shitty. And I mean really shitty - like it’s still their first few matches of playing as Jason - even then sometimes these people get themselves killed), they definitely shouldn’t start throwing salt at others because in the end, who’s fault is it that they stuck around and decided to be an asshole? Theirs. And it surprises me that so many of these people who do this are max level. I mean, dancing can be funny sometimes, but when you’re using it to taunt it just becomes annoying and not amusing to anybody. The only amusing thing is when people like that finally get killed. 

2 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

Exactly, it was funny to a certain extent. I find it funny when players like that try to taunt me when they’re finally able to stun me. For instance, a Buggzy was able to get 2 stuns off of me and had a pocket knife when I grabbed him. When he hit me the second time he still danced over me, then ran when I got up as usual. Like you did, I did a stalk kill which is always the best way to get people like this. I don’t know what the point of the whole dancing at the exit or teabagging is — to taunt, yes — but when they actually get killed, which, by the way, they’re just asking for in this situation (people who taunt should expect to get killed unless the Jason is really shitty. And I mean really shitty - like it’s still their first few matches of playing as Jason - even then sometimes these people get themselves killed), they definitely shouldn’t start throwing salt at others because in the end, who’s fault is it that they stuck around and decided to be an asshole? Theirs. And it surprises me that so many of these people who do this are max level. I mean, dancing can be funny sometimes, but when you’re using it to taunt it just becomes annoying and not amusing to anybody. The only amusing thing is when people like that finally get killed. 

Some max level players have gotten bored. Rather than just giving the game up, they just troll for the sake of trolling.

Killing a player like that gives one a minimal level of satisfaction.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Some max level players have gotten bored. Rather than just giving the game up, they just troll for the sake of trolling.

Killing a player like that gives one a minimal level of satisfaction.

I just encountered the pocket knife glitch again, but this time I noticed that I had firecrackers! I threw some down and then a few seconds later of running away got grabbed only to realize my pocket knife wasn’t working as it should work. Now I remember the other time my pocket knife didn’t work I had firecrackers — and I had thrown them down seconds before. So it definitely has something to do with firecrackers, especially since I’m not the only one who this has happened to with the firecrackers & pocket knives being together in the inventory leading to the pocket knife not working.

15 minutes ago, FridayThe31st said:

I just encountered the pocket knife glitch again, but this time I noticed that I had firecrackers! I threw some down and then a few seconds later of running away got grabbed only to realize my pocket knife wasn’t working as it should work. Now I remember the other time my pocket knife didn’t work I had firecrackers — and I had thrown them down seconds before. So it definitely has something to do with firecrackers, especially since I’m not the only one who this has happened to with the firecrackers & pocket knives being together in the inventory leading to the pocket knife not working.

Hopefully after the environmental kills, they'll look at that one next. Either that or the knife on car glitch.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Hopefully after the environmental kills, they'll look at that one next. Either that or the knife on car glitch.

Yeah, those environmental kills definitely need to be fixed. I haven’t had many problems with the fireplace kill though, at least in maps like Packanack, Crystal Lake & Higgins Haven. For the other two, somebody tried to kill me in the fireplace and it glitched out.

Theres another glitch too that sometimes happens early on in the game when I’m still looking for stuff. Usually it happens when I go upstairs in a house and go to open a door. Suddenly I can only run, squat, drop items and flash my light. I can’t move my camera to look around me or even interact with anything. I know that’s usually fixed when being grabbed or hit or something, but that one’s  pretty annoying too.

10 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

Yeah, those environmental kills definitely need to be fixed. I haven’t had many problems with the fireplace kill though, at least in maps like Packanack, Crystal Lake & Higgins Haven. For the other two, somebody tried to kill me in the fireplace and it glitched out.

Theres another glitch too that sometimes happens early on in the game when I’m still looking for stuff. Usually it happens when I go upstairs in a house and go to open a door. Suddenly I can only run, squat, drop items and flash my light. I can’t move my camera to look around me or even interact with anything. I know that’s usually fixed when being grabbed or hit or something, but that one’s  pretty annoying too.

There are a lot of annoying bugs still within this game. I look forward to the day the majority of them are resolved, hopefully without new ones taking their place.

• Like 1