Jump to content
tyrant666

Why Are Slash N Cast And Others Still Pumping Up The Company?

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

My take on the thread title question; views/ad revenue. So many YouTube videos about this game I've made the mistake of clicking on are the same old song and dance; glorified water-cooler chatter. Though I didn't click the video in question; in my experience it's almost always a video just over 10 mins with a super-pretty click-bait image with some hook phrase. So, as a fan, you click, sit through 10 mins of pure speculation, and at the end you wonder why the hell you wasted your time, as you've learned absolutely nothing new. To me, it's nearly the equivalent of getting rick-rolled.

That's why I tend to be cautious when clicking on Youtube videos. There's a lot of clickbait out there.

10 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I am beyond happy we got a legit company that cares about a license/franchise! I would love a Halloween I would most def play as H1/H40 Michael!

The creation of Friday the 13th: The Game has opened the door to potential similar games. I'd like to see many more, as long as they are made by companies that plan their product thoroughly, and care enough about the source material to make it as close to a movie, while still maintaining the balance that a game needs.

7 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Burnt out on waisting money on rushed products overhyped by youtubers that have no idea how to play video games.

I tend to be very selective when it comes to the games I invest in playing. There are some crappy products on the market.

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

.....until the Nerf Orgy started and Michael Myers started getting his ass kicked by literal children (which you know would happen as soon as people started crying about him being too OP)

Hopefully, we never see another game in this genre that suffers from that problem.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those Old Fashioned 1970s Long car flashlights could also be used as a weapon to knock Michael myers off of you.

but after a couple of hits with the flashlight it may quit working.

I Still like the idea of wearing down Michael Myers and then using a fire axe to Behead him.

Fall clothing packs and Halloween costume packs are something i look forward too.

It Must be difficult to Bring Michael myers to his Knees with enough damage to his strength and stamina.

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

On 9/15/2019 at 12:33 PM, DorianRo said:

...Yea.. Great game.  Where a bunch of counselors gang up on the killerr, knock him on his ass every minute with one swing of a bat  and dance over him and tea bag his face  🤫

 

Nothing like being a zombie punching bag to women.  Righhttt

C’mon man I get what your saying but if that’s how you sum up the game, why are you here?

12 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

My Main would be the Curse of Michael Myers Look....

Oh fuck yea 

 

56 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

It ust be difficult to Bring Michael myers to his Knees with enough damage to his strength and stamina.

I think not only should it be difficult, but even if you win by defeating him, the last scene should be that classic shot of him on his back then sitting straight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If its a game from the late 1970s like Halloween then we should get some 1970s dance emotes.

The MANO CORNUTO HAND GESTURE.

The 1970s disco dance moves

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fair Play said:

The creation of Friday the 13th: The Game has opened the door to potential similar games. I'd like to see many more, as long as they are made by companies that plan their product thoroughly, and care enough about the source material to make it as close to a movie, while still maintaining the balance that a game needs.

Blumhouse needs a game developing team tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NickersLarge said:

C’mon man I get what your saying but if that’s how you sum up the game, why are you here?

Pretty much the only thing he’ll comment about on these forums is Jason getting knocked out by teens with one hit of a bat every minute. 

I take it he’s not good with Jason and he gets owned by counselors 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Pretty much the only thing he’ll comment about on these forums is Jason getting knocked out by teens with one hit of a bat every minute. 

I take it he’s not good with Jason and he gets owned by counselors 

I Think that stunning should be removed from defense from Survivors, teenagers,college kids

Rage mode should be added even if there is no stunning.

Ive thought about it and Friday the 13th shouldnt have ever let counselors beat on Jason.

Instead there should be a point where enough damage and hits wear down Jason and Then he can be stunned with The Sweater.

Michael Myers in the movies doesent respond to Stuns from weapons.

The Only thing that Stuns Michael Myers for a short time is a series of Gunshots.

The Mechanics and Objective of a Halloween game should be to wear Michael Myers down till he falls to his knees and then Dr Loomis or Laurie Strode can BeHead him with a fire axe or Set Him on fire inside of A Building.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

I Think that stunning should be removed from defense from Survivors, teenagers,college kids

Rage mode should be added even if there is no stunning.

Ive thought about it and Friday the 13th shouldnt have ever let counselors beat on Jason.

Instead there should be a point where enough damage and hits wear down Jason and Then he can be stunned with The Sweater.

Michael Myers in the movies doesent respond to Stuns from weapons.

The Only thing that Stuns Michael Myers for a short time is a series of Gunshots.

The Mechanics and Objective of a Halloween game should be to wear Michael Myers down till he falls to his knees and then Dr Loomis or Laurie Strode can BeHead him with a fire axe or Set Him on fire inside of A Building.

Is this the real Strigoi????

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Is this the real Strigoi????

Yes it is me.

I have just changed my mind about stunning and the mechanics of the game.

Its Difficult enough to play as Jason and Fight 8 or 7 other players in a match .

Stunning Ruined this game and let me tell you why.

Stunning never happens in the movies except for Friday the 13th part 2 and 3.

Jason shouldve had a Damage meter when the damage gets intense his stamina and Health get low and he can be stunned with the sweater.

Strikes or hits to Jason should only cause him to drop a player he is trying to kill there shouldnt be any stunning.

In Halloween Michael Myers Gets Stunned Only by Hangers,Sewing Needles and Gunshots which is not really stunning.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Is this the real Strigoi????

You doubted my faith that he’d come around. 

34 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Yes it is me.

I have just changed my mind about stunning and the mechanics of the game.

Its Difficult enough to play as Jason and Fight 8 or 7 other players in a match .

Stunning Ruined this game and let me tell you why.

Stunning never happens in the movies except for Friday the 13th part 2 and 3.

Jason shouldve had a Damage meter when the damage gets intense his stamina and Health get low and he can be stunned with the sweater.

Strikes or hits to Jason should only cause him to drop a player he is trying to kill there shouldnt be any stunning.

In Halloween Michael Myers Gets Stunned Only by Hangers,Sewing Needles and Gunshots which is not really stunning.

But seriously, you’re really our ‘little blood sucker’ right? This isn’t a prank, lol.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

Yes it is me.

I have just changed my mind about stunning and the mechanics of the game.

Its Difficult enough to play as Jason and Fight 8 or 7 other players in a match .

Stunning Ruined this game and let me tell you why.

Stunning never happens in the movies except for Friday the 13th part 2 and 3.

Jason shouldve had a Damage meter when the damage gets intense his stamina and Health get low and he can be stunned with the sweater.

Strikes or hits to Jason should only cause him to drop a player he is trying to kill there shouldnt be any stunning.

In Halloween Michael Myers Gets Stunned Only by Hangers,Sewing Needles and Gunshots which is not really stunning.

Fighting 7 counselors is difficult bc Jason’s combat stance is terrible. If he could 

block/swing/block again/repeat he’d have a much much better time fighting a group. No block/swing delay is a big thing jason needs 

He needs to be able to get into block faster 

if he could meat shield that’d help to

I love fighting both as jason and counselor. I come from playing injustice 2 daily to this game and one of the things I love about this game are the fights. So, I think Jason just needs more advanced combat mechanics to handle groups better and then the rage update wouldn’t even be necessary if Jason has the tools he needs to fight effectively. Any decent to good Jason would be way too overpowered with op combat and no stuns in rage. I know people say “Jason should be OP”. But you have to remember this is a game and balance still needs to be there...... That would throw balance out the window if Jason had no stuns in rage + OP combat mechanics. If anything less stun chance when he’s in rage plus OP combat mechanics would be better for Jason....... and it’d make the game more fun/interesting.... stunning a raged Jason would take more skill. Hit/dodge technique would be necessary to manage stuns and most the player base doesn’t even do that.

Before anyone @ me about how you can still escape/survive..... I already know you can still survive the night with the rage update. I’ve done it 100s of times.... I’d just rather see Jason have proper buffs/tools he needs instead of a lazy bandaid... the only thing I find unbalanced about the rage update and is kinda bullshit is if a counselor is low on stamina he can literally just spam grab them.... no matter how many times another counselor saves them he can just keep doing it over and over again. Or he can just slash them to death without any sort of defense from them or other counselors around unless they have a shotgun or manage to demask.... Not being able to save others or defend yourself is unfair imo... 

What made you change your mind about no stuns?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

Yes it is me.

I have just changed my mind about stunning and the mechanics of the game.

Its Difficult enough to play as Jason and Fight 8 or 7 other players in a match .

Stunning Ruined this game and let me tell you why.

Stunning never happens in the movies except for Friday the 13th part 2 and 3.

Jason shouldve had a Damage meter when the damage gets intense his stamina and Health get low and he can be stunned with the sweater.

Strikes or hits to Jason should only cause him to drop a player he is trying to kill there shouldnt be any stunning.

In Halloween Michael Myers Gets Stunned Only by Hangers,Sewing Needles and Gunshots which is not really stunning.

Don’t Let Urmomsnewman know you changed your mind 😉 

He won’t know what to do without you!

36 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You doubted my faith that he’d come around. 

But seriously, you’re really our ‘little blood sucker’ right? This isn’t a prank, lol.

Lol 😂  Hath Hell frozen over?! Is this a sign of the second coming?!?

26 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Fighting 7 counselors is difficult bc Jason’s combat stance is terrible. If he could 

block/swing/block again/repeat he’d have a much much better time fighting a group. No block/swing delay is a big thing jason needs 

He needs to be able to get into block faster 

if he could meat shield that’d help to

I love fighting both as jason and counselor. I come from playing injustice 2 daily to this game and one of the things I love about this game are the fights. So, I think Jason just needs more advanced combat mechanics to handle groups better and then the rage update wouldn’t even be necessary if Jason has the tools he needs to fight effectively. Any decent to good Jason would be way to overpowered with op combat and no stuns in rage. That would throw balance out the window. If anything less stun chance when he’s in rage. That way counselors have to hit 2-3 times to stun and have to be good at the hit/dodge technique so it takes a bit more skill stunning Jason. 

What made you change your mind about no stuns?

 

 

Agreed!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Don’t Let Urmomsnewman know you changed your mind 😉 

Hahaha he’s gonna be by himself now 

8 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Agreed!!!

I edited my post and added more to it. But you know where I’m gettin at. It’d be nice to see OP combat mechanics for Jason and less stun chance in rage. I think surviving would be more interesting. 

 

46 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You doubted my faith that he’d come around. 

I never thought strigoi would have these words in his posts before. Surprised me. Maybe he played as jason against a kill squad or people using him as a piñata and now he sees where we’re all coming from

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Blumhouse needs a game developing team tbh

If this were to happen, I'd imagine their Halloween game would be epic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

I never thought strigoi would have these words in his posts before. Surprised me. Maybe he played as jason against a kill squad or people using him as a piñata and now he sees where we’re all coming from

He’s a good egg, he just needed time and a bit of patience. Now if only Newman would come around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

If this were to happen, I'd imagine their Halloween game would be epic.

Either its done by either GunMedia,Blumhouse, or Interactive O/I (Hitman 1/2 creators) then Im fine with it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Fighting 7 counselors is difficult bc Jason’s combat stance is terrible. If he could 

block/swing/block again/repeat he’d have a much much better time fighting a group. No block/swing delay is a big thing jason needs 

He needs to be able to get into block faster 

if he could meat shield that’d help to

I love fighting both as jason and counselor. I come from playing injustice 2 daily to this game and one of the things I love about this game are the fights. So, I think Jason just needs more advanced combat mechanics to handle groups better and then the rage update wouldn’t even be necessary if Jason has the tools he needs to fight effectively. Any decent to good Jason would be way too overpowered with op combat and no stuns in rage. I know people say “Jason should be OP”. But you have to remember this is a game and balance still needs to be there...... That would throw balance out the window if Jason had no stuns in rage + OP combat mechanics. If anything less stun chance when he’s in rage plus OP combat mechanics would be better for Jason....... and it’d make the game more fun/interesting.... stunning a raged Jason would take more skill. Hit/dodge technique would be necessary to manage stuns and most the player base doesn’t even do that.

Before anyone @ me about how you can still escape/survive..... I already know you can still survive the night with the rage update. I’ve done it 100s of times.... I’d just rather see Jason have proper buffs/tools he needs instead of a lazy bandaid... the only thing I find unbalanced about the rage update and is kinda bullshit is if a counselor is low on stamina he can literally just spam grab them.... no matter how many times another counselor saves them he can just keep doing it over and over again. Or he can just slash them to death without any sort of defense from them or other counselors around unless they have a shotgun or manage to demask.... Not being able to save others or defend yourself is unfair imo... 

What made you change your mind about no stuns?

 

 

I've survived the last 6 minutes as Jarvis stuck on the island by myself at Higgins against a level 150 J6 after he cut down my sweater girl. No exploits either. Rage buff doesn't mean shit if you stay away from Jason and Dodge cancel stam hits when he whiffs a shift grab. All about timing strategy and a little luck.

If there's more than one counselor left there are strategies to get out of spam grabs too. But in any case the whole point of the rage buff was to give you a reason to escape and a punishment for unnecessarily beating on Jason.

Now your going to say something like: "but I like to survive the night"...

Good, then don't beat on the Jason early in the match and you won't have any trouble with that. You will only have to kite him for 5 minutes post rage if you don't beat him down early for your own amusement... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

He’s a good egg, he just needed time and a bit of patience. Now if only Newman would come around. 

I don’t see Newman doing that lol

7 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I've survived the last 6 minutes as Jarvis stuck on the island by myself at Higgins against a level 150 J6 after he cut down my sweater girl. No exploits either. Rage buff doesn't mean shit if you stay away from Jason and Dodge cancel stam hits when he whiffs a shift grab. All about timing strategy and a little luck.

If there's more than one counselor left there are strategies to get out of spam grabs too. But in any case the whole point of the rage buff was to give you a reason to escape and a punishment for unnecessarily beating on Jason.

Now your going to say something like: "but I like to survive the night"...

Good, then don't beat on the Jason early in the match and you won't have any trouble with that. You will only have to kite him for 5 minutes post rage if you don't beat him down early for your own amusement... 

Okay? This isn’t anything relative to what I posted. 

I think Jason should have OP combat mechanics and rage mode to have less stun chance bc it’d make the game more fun and interesting. 

I know surviving the night is still possible in rage right now....

i just think the rage buff was a lazy bandaid. Jason needs proper buffs like more mask hp and better combat mechanics. This is what he has needed all along to help deal with groups and fighting more.. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I don’t see Newman doing that lol

Okay? This isn’t anything relative to what I posted. 

I think Jason should have OP combat mechanics and rage mode to have less stun chance bc it’d make the game more fun and interesting. 

I know surviving the night is still possible in rage right now....

They're counselors. Not a swat team. Plus they won't even rebalance Jason now. They're sure as hell not going to mess with rage or roll it back to where it was before. Everyone complaining about how the rage buff is too op but still saying Jason is too weak are kind of contradicting themselves. Been a lot of that going on here recently. 

There's nothing wrong with block. The reason quick block sucks in QP is there's a delay entering and exiting combat stance. You can still do block slash in QP. You just have to enter combat stance earlier. Knife slash still works too. Again a little more delayed. The biggest problem with QP is the counselors perks. Swift attack being the biggest problem as a female counselor running Swift with ping can easily put Jason on his back before he has time to react let alone wait for the combat stance delay to end so he can block. Then there's ping spikes that will throw off even a perfectly timed grab, slash, or block.

But honestly the old system had it's problems too. Only Jason's hosting the lobby ever had instant block. If you were off host in a public lobby you still couldn't quick block like you can on host. And even if you were on host you still had to deal with frame lag. You can host a full private lobby on a large map if you want to explore the joys of frame lag today.

As far as any other combat, I don't see a problem right now except for people not thinking enough about what they're doing. Or most importantly, what might happen next. I know guys right now that can cut down a Jarvis running 20% thick skin so fast he won't have time to react. It's all about strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

They're counselors. Not a swat team. Plus they won't even rebalance Jason now. They're sure as hell not going to mess with rage or roll it back to where it was before. Everyone complaining about how the rage buff is too op but still saying Jason is too weak are kind of contradicting themselves. Been a lot of that going on here recently. 

There's nothing wrong with block. The reason quick block sucks in QP is there's a delay entering and exiting combat stance. You can still do block slash in QP. You just have to enter combat stance earlier. Knife slash still works too. Again a little more delayed. The biggest problem with QP is the counselors perks. Swift attack being the biggest problem as a female counselor running Swift with ping can easily put Jason on his back before he has time to react let alone wait for the combat stance delay to end so he can block. Then there's ping spikes that will throw off even a perfectly timed grab, slash, or block.

But honestly the old system had it's problems too. Only Jason's hosting the lobby ever had instant block. If you were off host in a public lobby you still couldn't quick block like you can on host. And even if you were on host you still had to deal with frame lag. You can host a full private lobby on a large map if you want to explore the joys of frame lag today.

As far as any other combat, I don't see a problem right now except for people not thinking enough about what they're doing. Or most importantly, what might happen next. I know guys right now that can cut down a Jarvis running 20% thick skin so fast he won't have time to react. It's all about strategy.

Never once said the rage buff is too OP or said Jason was too weak.... but ok. 

Jasons combat mechanics aren’t really all that great and they need a major buff. Jason’s combat could be more advanced and I’m sure plenty of people would agree with me on that... 

If there wasn’t much issue with Jason’s combat mechanics Jason wouldn’t be dying near as often as he does 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Never once said the rage buff is too OP or said Jason was too weak.... but ok. 

Jasons combat mechanics aren’t really all that great and they need a major buff. I’m sure plenty of people would agree with me on that... 

If there wasn’t much issue with Jason’s combat mechanics Jason wouldn’t be dying near as often as he does 

True but a lot of that has to do with the amount of experienced counselors vs the amount of experienced Jasons. It's easy to be sitting at one thousand plus legit matches as counselor. Not so much for Jason. People that play Jason a lot can get extremely good. Even with Jason's current weaknesses. But you also have to be willing to learn new techniques and strategies. 

Even then you're still going to get your ass kicked occasionally. People will escape. I've had a car out before shift plenty of times. People will also occasionally get the kill. At the end of the day it's still 7 or 8 v 1. No amount of buffing can adjust for that every match. But the number of Jason deaths can definitely be limited a hell of a lot more than they are right now just by people not playing poorly. And no matter how much they buff Jason some of that isn't going to change. Whoever came up with the 1:75 match thing has clearly never played an online game before. There's way too many ignorant people on one end of the spectrum and too many skilled people on the other end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

True but a lot of that has to do with the amount of experienced counselors vs the amount of experienced Jasons. It's easy to be sitting at one thousand plus legit matches as counselor. Not so much for Jason. People that play Jason a lot can get extremely good. Even with Jason's current weaknesses. But you also have to be willing to learn new techniques and strategies. 

Even then you're still going to get your ass kicked occasionally. People will escape. I've had a car out before shift plenty of times. People will also occasionally get the kill. At the end of the day it's still 7 or 8 v 1. No amount of buffing can adjust for that every match. But the number of Jason deaths can definitely be limited a hell of a lot more than they are right now just by people not playing poorly. And no matter how much they buff Jason some of that isn't going to change. Whoever came up with the 1:75 match thing has clearly never played an online game before. There's way too many ignorant people on one end of the spectrum and too many skilled people on the other end.

Yes definitely. I’ve played against some amazing Jason players who seem like they are next to impossible to survive. Especially when they get really really good at shifting and don’t seem to ever miss no matter how much you zig zag them. 

It takes a lot of skill playing as Jason against a good kill squad to prevent the kill from happening. It’s so one sided with counselors that if it’s even skill across the board the counselors will most likely win. But that isn’t to say with the proper strategy and skills he can’t prevent it. It will just be very very very hard. 

Not sure how they came up with the 1/75 tbh. When kill squads can have 15-20+ kill streaks on Jason in a row or more. Or even a 90% success rate, there’s something wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Yes definitely. I’ve played against some amazing Jason players who seem like they are next to impossible to survive. Especially when they get really really good at shifting and don’t seem to ever miss no matter how much you zig zag them. 

The trick to that is:

Strafe shift: changing up your speed and making erratic quick turns. Try jog turn Sprint turn in short bursts.

Regular/Quick/no start up shift: just a well timed quick turn left or right. Works best with nerves of steel. Jog straight away from them and turn at the last second. You can even use combat stance and dodge at the last second. That's my favorite move when I'm trolling with dance emotes. Average Jason doesn't know you can dance in combat stance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Hahaha he’s gonna be by himself now 

I edited my post and added more to it. But you know where I’m gettin at. It’d be nice to see OP combat mechanics for Jason and less stun chance in rage. I think surviving would be more interesting. 

 

I never thought strigoi would have these words in his posts before. Surprised me. Maybe he played as jason against a kill squad or people using him as a piñata and now he sees where we’re all coming from

I Realized after seeing the video of Jason getting Demasked so easily by Bugzy and how stressfull it is for Jason players in a match.

I Think stunning should be removed.

Jason should be worn down by hits not stuns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...