tyrant666

Why Are Slash N Cast And Others Still Pumping Up The Company?

Like I get it. Some people are excited that they might make another game like F13 again...but better.

However it could just as easily be Danielle Harris or Jamie Lee Curtis stunning Michael Myers over and over with a baseball bat in Halloween/Lingerie costumes while dancing all over him in Halloween: The Game.

Or...

Heather Langenkamp or Patricia Arquette stunning Freddy over and over with a baseball bat in Halloween/Lingerie costumes while dancing all over him in A Nightmare On Elmstreet: The Game.

In which case, the game is just another mess that some still love and some don't.

I know its easy to shift the blame at Illfonic/Black Tower for the rawness of the game due to their coding, but the above things come directly from the publishers.

To be fair. Slash N Cast have called them out in the past sometimes, but they've also pumped them up too.

I just feel like this game needs to be in a much better state than its in before any sort of hype train begins for a new F13 type game. Unless they hire a company that just codes so damn well that it makes up for the silly shit they add in the game along the way.

For those who wonder what I'm talking about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Im Just Happy that there is a Game Company Like GUNMEDIA That will fight and pursue a Horror franchise game like Halloween or Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

If Wes Keltner gets the Deal done for Halloween  I Will Cry and get down and kiss his shoes.

I think It was Wes Keltner that said something simmilar to this, ' No one belives in video games. they think Gamers are just a bunch of Weird people who live in their mothers basement'.

If the Next game is Halloween  it makes sense to add costume packs for Halloween.

Id Like To See 1970s costume packs Kiss costumes,Universal Monsters costumes,1970s Marvel Costumes.

Dance Emotes from 1970s movies like Saturday night Fever.

Face Paint and Masks costumes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I won’t make this a post about whether others should or shouldn’t defend them or promote them

.....all I will say is there is a lot wrong with F13 the game but on the other side of that coin there is a lot that is great about F13 the game.... even with its flaws the love and passion from the Developers is all over this game the core game mechanics are fun as hell.....the character models, music, maps, details etc......

I wonder if the Game was still able to develop content and the lawsuit hadn’t effected things if people would think differently about supporting them with a future project.....

I know I would definitely support them if they made another licensed Horror game. 

• Thanks 5

I agree no other game company would go out of their way to make a good Horror game.

Gunmedia is going way out of their way to put together a great Horror franchise video game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I won’t make this a post about whether others should or shouldn’t defend them or promote them

.....all I will say is there is a lot wrong with F13 the game but on the other side of that coin there is a lot that is great about F13 the game.... even with its flaws the love and passion from the Developers is all over this game the core game mechanics are fun as hell.....the character models, music, maps, details etc......

I wonder if the Game was still able to develop content and the lawsuit hadn’t effected things if people would think differently about supporting them with a future project.....

I know I would definitely support them if they made another licensed Horror game. 

That is, I think, the main reason they support Gun as much as they do. This game has plenty of flaws. But nobody can deny it was a game made by fans. Guys that really loved the source material. They definitely made missteps. But they're passion is undeniable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I agree no other game company would go out of their way to make a good Horror game.

Umm Alien Isolaton . Creative Assembly and Sega 

1 minute ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Yes but most companies dont fight through all the bullshit that you have to fight through just to get a license to make a Horror game.

Wes Keltner and Gunmedia have proven they are more dedicated to the Horror genre.

Its a Miracle that we got what we got with Friday the 13th because it was SUPER SENSITIVE RULES For Friday the 13th and every single thing had to be approved.These are part of the reason as to why Wes Keltner never wants to mess with Friday the 13th again.

No other game company would have gone through the headache and torture of the super sensitive approval needed in everything in friday the 13th.

If Wes Keltner works a deal to get a license for Halloween i belive the first 2 million dollars for the game should be croud funded so that fans can get special collectors items and packages not available in stores.

Wes Keltner and Gunmedia have proven to be more dedicated because most Gaming companies wont fight through all the Bull crap that it takes to get a License for these games.

I'm sure  21st Century Fox  were pretty picky as far as letting their license to Alien go to just any gaming company too. Disney owns that franchise now though. The attention to detail in that game is uncanny and the artificial intelligence? I wish F13 bots were that smart, I wouldn't even bother playing online with all the toxic atmosphere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

There is no doubt the developers of Alien Isolation killed it on that game....I do know they were working on an insanely higher budget And multiple development teams (  including a couple AAA development Partners ) with their production than F13 was.

Considering what F13 is and has accomplished for Indy Developers it is still something special.

Another side note the Alien games have had a few terrible games in the past.......Colonial Marines comes to mine instantly.....so even bigger developers can make mistakes in development along the way.

...Yea.. Great game.  Where a bunch of counselors gang up on the killerr, knock him on his ass every minute with one swing of a bat  and dance over him and tea bag his face  🤫

Nothing like being a zombie punching bag to women.  Righhttt

1 hour ago, DorianRo said:

...Yea.. Great game.  Where a bunch of counselors gang up on the killerr, knock him on his ass every minute with one swing of a bat  and dance over him and tea bag his face  🤫

Nothing like being a zombie punching bag to women.  Righhttt

It’s only like that if the Jason is complete garbage 

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Strigoi said:

If a Halloween game is being made and done by Gunmedia what would you want to see in the game.

A story mode campaign.

online multiplayer Like F13 but more emphasis on stalk/ stealth kills.

off line single player vs Bots and AI Michael.

All Michael’s looks through out the the films included his Asylum sheet.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

A story mode campaign.

online multiplayer Like F13 but more emphasis on stalk/ stealth kills.

off line single player vs Bots and AI Michael.

I Agree i like all those ideas.

But id like to see a croud funding campaign that offers deluxe versions of the game with extra maps.

Id also like to see Halloween costume packs Kiss,Universal monsters,1970s Marvel costumes.

Dance emotes from 1970s movies like Saturday Night Fever.

Virtual Michael Myers house with all versions of Michael Myers in the Glass tanks.

Haddonfeild 1981 map to include The School and Haddonfeild Memorial Hospital.

Expansion of the supernatural story of SAMHAIN and the Dark forces that drive Michael Myers.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

If a Halloween game is being made and done by Gunmedia what would you want to see in the game.

Online multiplayer- defeating Michael by burning him alive, escape in car, or surviving the night. 5-7v1 

Have the game be focused on stalk kills and have stealth be more of a thing for both survivors and Michael both. 

Story mode 

offline mode where you can choose to be survivor vs a good ai Michael or Michael vs good ai bots 

More emphasis on hide and seek and make the game very very scary. Lots of jump scares

Have limited weapons spawn on the map that way survivors can’t use Michael as a piñata and have it be another piñata party. Something like 7 weapons. Survivors would have to use their weapon only when they have to

dr loomis as hero character spawns in with 6 shot pistol

Let Michael drive his own car 

Etc

• Like 1

I think that's just their coping mechanism to deal with the lawsuit that has been suffocating the franchise. Most fans have different ways of doing it and this is just one of them. It's why you're starting to see more fan films recently and now you got slash n cast in association with another one, while at the same time, striving Gun Media to do another horror franchise.

I agree with you though, that a game like Nightmare or Halloween definitely needs to shift away from that streets of rage simulator that had tainted the F13 game for quite a long time and a better developer that knows what they're doing. It didn't take long for me to become unimpressed illfonic's new Predator game from their trailer. I don't even like the concept of it being a call of duty type of shooter while making the predator feel like a side character. Also, as far being stable, good luck to any future owner of that game.

• Thanks 1

To answer your question @tyrant666, I believe they still have some level of faith in Gun's potential.

18 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I agree. The game has had its ups and downs, but has been a blast for so many, despite the continual bugs.

17 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Gunmedia is going way out of their way to put together a great Horror franchise video game.

There are a great many skilled companies that could make a game similar to this. Gun got the ball rolling, but I'm sure others will take a shot, if and when they feel they are ready. Sometimes letting someone else take the first step will give you inspiration to improve on the concept.

16 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

That is, I think, the main reason they support Gun as much as they do. This game has plenty of flaws. But nobody can deny it was a game made by fans. Guys that really loved the source material. They definitely made missteps. But they're passion is undeniable. 

Their passion definitely shows in the content they were able to get out before the lawsuit stopped them. If only we could have gotten more...

9 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I'm sure  21st Century Fox  were pretty picky as far as letting their license to Alien go to just any gaming company too. Disney owns that franchise now though. The attention to detail in that game is uncanny and the artificial intelligence? I wish F13 bots were that smart, I wouldn't even bother playing online with all the toxic atmosphere.

I think of all the AI out there in video games, and how a portion of it could have made a realistic experience on both sides in this game.

• Like 1

My take on the thread title question; views/ad revenue. So many YouTube videos about this game I've made the mistake of clicking on are the same old song and dance; glorified water-cooler chatter. Though I didn't click the video in question; in my experience it's almost always a video just over 10 mins with a super-pretty click-bait image with some hook phrase. So, as a fan, you click, sit through 10 mins of pure speculation, and at the end you wonder why the hell you wasted your time, as you've learned absolutely nothing new. To me, it's nearly the equivalent of getting rick-rolled.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I am beyond happy we got a legit company that cares about a license/franchise! I would love a Halloween I would most def play as H1/H40 Michael!

My Main would be the Curse of Michael Myers Look....

Just now, OCT 31 1978 said:

Im not gonna lie lol after 4-Resurrection...I never liked the masks until the Rob zombie H1 remake but the H2 by Rob wasn't a good mask.

23 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Im not gonna lie lol after 4-Resurrection...I never liked the masks until the Rob zombie H1 remake but the H2 by Rob wasn't a good mask.

The only masks I dislike are Halloween 5 and Resurrection.

18 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

That mask was definitely one of the better ones. I would still go with the classic William Shatner mask as my main, with Part 6 being my strong second 

• Like 1

Watched the Predator: Hunting Grounds gameplay. I'm sure the it will be a Playstation 3 exclusive based on how it looks.

Indie looking game with dated graphics. Not interested in tree top bugs for soldiers to avoid the predator for 20 minutes.

Horror games can be fun. I'm not a fan of recent movies in general. Predictable, politically correct agenda underneath a bad script.

Terrible actors, not scary. Always end up skipping through boring sections to speed up the point of a bad movie.

That is why you don't often see gamers hyping up horror games. They come and go fast.

Just thousands of b quality movies every year. I want quality over quantity. I'll play it as long as it's a great quality game.

Burnt out on waisting money on rushed products overhyped by youtubers that have no idea how to play video games.

Halloween game could be fun. If they start adding microtransactions, loot boxes, over the top outfits or fortnite bullshit then I say hell no.

Keep it simple. Co-op horror game. Match making. Campaign. Offline bots.

Don't let Illfonic anywhere near the project. Get some quality developers this time.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I am beyond happy we got a legit company that cares about a license/franchise! I would love a Halloween I would most def play as H1/H40 Michael!

.....until the Nerf Orgy started and Michael Myers started getting his ass kicked by literal children (which you know would happen as soon as people started crying about him being too OP)

• Haha 1