32 minutes ago, Ahab said:

It was originally supposed to be 1 in 75 matches

True but take into consideration that was by the actual programmers of the game who knew the game better than anyone else would and they were trying to kill him all 75 times. In my opinion even the most elite kill squad you could put together should do no better than that ratio. 1 in 15-20 as suggested is still too often. Just my personal opinion. Also combat stance worked correctly back then and there was meat shielding and other things Jason doesn't have anymore.

52 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

True but take into consideration that was by the actual programmers of the game who knew the game better than anyone else would and they were trying to kill him all 75 times. In my opinion even the most elite kill squad you could put together should do no better than that ratio. 1 in 15-20 as suggested is still too often. Just my personal opinion. Also combat stance worked correctly back then and there was meat shielding and other things Jason doesn't have anymore.

The kill ratio will never be 1 in 75 games. It doesn't matter what they do to his hit points. Your average casual Jason can't avoid getting killed as Jason and that's what the real problem is. However he also doesn't do anything to protect himself and thinks he should be able to blindly shift grab into a group of Buggzys armed with machetes without a care in the world. Most QP Jason's don't attempt to Tommy box. Hell most of them don't even trap objectives. And who do they put the blame on when they die? Ridiculous...

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Yes, they know the mechanics better than the rest of us... but nowhere was it stated that they were trying to kill him all 75 times either. It was 1 in 75 matches, but I don't think they considered that all 75 matches would have a kill attempt in them... Little did they know that many players would literally dedicate themselves to killing Jason and absolutely nothing else.
   1 in 15 technically is not a rarity, but if they could ever come close to this with some balance adjustments, this would be a happy median for players on both sides of the argument I think... A bit of a challenge is not too much to ask after all... It is not much of a challenge right now from what I see.
    I got the game in Oct 2017... Meat shielding worked back then, block was more responsive... but other than that, combat stance has not changed... it was always a bit wonky.

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

.. When a player messes up on the gas... which car do you go for?... or do you go for the boat or the car?... If they mess up on the battery, which car do you go for?... you complain about the game's balance? 

It is possible to be able to tell which car they’re going for depending on how you trap the cars. 

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

Not sure how you got that out of what I said... When a player messes up on the gas... which car do you go for?... or do you go for the boat or the car?... If they mess up on the battery, which car do you go for?... If there is only one car, and you have not smashed a power box... 

The power box and the car battery mess up sounds are not the same. They’re similar but not the same, in-fact it’s easy to differentiate the two

We can agree to disagree but all I’m asking is for the variants that have +Stalk to burn less stalk time when moving. I’m not asking for the entirety of the stalk time be increased.

Other than it taking forever to get into games and the dropouts when the game first came out. It played so much better back then. I feel Jason was at a good strength and had the advantage, now he is absolutely lame. Nobody runs from him, everybody just boxes him and makes him a complete joke. There are so many different ways they can make Jason worth playing again. Extend his reach back to the way it was. Lower the cool down time on his abilities. LET HIM GRAB FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF A WINDOW!  I don't know, i want this game to be super fun again, or maybe I have been away from it for far too long and on such a low xp level that I just plain suck at the game now, but that wasn't always the case, used to have no issues killing everyone, today I'm lucky to kill 4 in match.

21 minutes ago, ryanmc564 said:

Other than it taking forever to get into games and the dropouts when the game first came out. It played so much better back then. I feel Jason was at a good strength and had the advantage, now he is absolutely lame. Nobody runs from him, everybody just boxes him and makes him a complete joke. There are so many different ways they can make Jason worth playing again. Extend his reach back to the way it was. Lower the cool down time on his abilities. LET HIM GRAB FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF A WINDOW!  I don't know, i want this game to be super fun again, or maybe I have been away from it for far too long and on such a low xp level that I just plain suck at the game now, but that wasn't always the case, used to have no issues killing everyone, today I'm lucky to kill 4 in match.

Jason’s reach is already long as hell I feel like. If you can’t kill everyone in QP most of the time you’re doing something wrong. It’s you not jason. 

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

It was originally supposed to be 1 in 75 matches... But not every match even has an attempt to kill Jason either... But I think you have the right idea here... 15 or 20 tries to get one kill would definitely make players feel like they accomplished something... As it stands now... 9 out of 10 is not an accomplishment and never will be.

Last night, me and two friends played about 7-8 rounds. Out of those, we killed Jason every single game except one, and that was only because a total n00b ended up as Tommy. The strategy we used is extremely effective but also extremely simple: Me and Friend #1 spawn in, grab machetes/axes, and beeline it right for Jason. Mask is usually off in the first 2 minutes of the round unless there is difficulty finding machetes/axes, or difficulty finding Jason (usually this only happens on large maps), and once it's off we just bait Jason into killing us. If no one else has died yet, it's a virtual guarantee one of the two of us is going to be Tommy. Once Tommy arrives, he finds Friend #2 and they go for the sweater together. Everything after that is straightforward and the only difficulty comes from whether or not Jason decides to attack directly or not. 

The kill is WAY too easy to get. You don't need a dedicated several-member squad to get it done when 3 people are more than enough.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Jason’s reach is already long as hell I feel like. If you can’t kill everyone in QP most of the time you’re doing something wrong. It’s you not jason. 

You're not wrong. I absolutely suck at this game now on both sides.  Can't shift grab worth a shit, while i watch countless people do it to me. Can't run from Jason, can't run down people with Jason.  So very frustrating but yet i keep playing...  

15 minutes ago, ryanmc564 said:

You're not wrong. I absolutely suck at this game now on both sides.  Can't shift grab worth a shit, while i watch countless people do it to me. Can't run from Jason, can't run down people with Jason.  So very frustrating but yet i keep playing...  

Only thing you can do is practice and change up what you’re doing. 

16 hours ago, Ahab said:

but nowhere was it stated that they were trying to kill him all 75 times either

May have been a poor assumption on my part but the way I understood it was they were actually trying all 75 times. Guess we'll never know for sure. Yes blocking was WAY more responsive regardless of latency and you could slash instantly out of blocking which is a huge difference. The grab length is ok it is the width of it that needs to be a bit wider, if you are slightly off left or right especially shift grabbing yeah you miss when you probably shouldn't have a lot of the times. It took me quite some time to adapt to the newer lunge grab while doing shift grabs.

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

May have been a poor assumption on my part but the way I understood it was they were actually trying all 75 times. Guess we'll never know for sure. Yes blocking was WAY more responsive regardless of latency and you could slash instantly out of blocking which is a huge difference. The grab length is ok it is the width of it that needs to be a bit wider, if you are slightly off left or right especially shift grabbing yeah you miss when you probably shouldn't have a lot of the times. It took me quite some time to adapt to the newer lunge grab while doing shift grabs.

With how insane the grab length is, making it even wider would be silly. If they made it wider they’d have to shorten the grab range a tad. 

19 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

With how insane the grab length is, making it even wider would be silly. If they made it wider they’d have to shorten the grab range a tad. 

Agree to disagree the current length is MAYBE the same as it was originally( I think it's less than the "Jedi" grab  use to be) again just my opinion. The width is about the same as it was when they nerfed the original grab when we had T Rex armed Jason who couldn't grab worth crap.Remember that? I notice missing grabs if I'm just slightly off left or right when I know  it should have grabbed and the recovery time when you miss is horrible. I'd be ok with a tad less length and more width IF the recovery was faster, a fair compromise.

15 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Agree to disagree the current length is MAYBE the same as it was originally( I think it's less than the "Jedi" grab  use to be) again just my opinion. The width is about the same as it was when they nerfed the original grab when we had T Rex armed Jason who couldn't grab worth crap.Remember that? I notice missing grabs if I'm just slightly off left or right when I know  it should have grabbed and the recovery time when you miss is horrible. I'd be ok with a tad less length and more width IF the recovery was faster, a fair compromise.

I wasn’t here for the previous versions of the game so I wouldn’t know exactly how everything else worked. Didn’t start playing till November 2018. 

I took a close look at the grab length and how wide the cone actually is. 

I think the grab length is ridiculous. Could be shortened a tad and the grab cone could maybe be widened a tad. Small adjustments on both sides would balance it. 

Recovery? The recovery shouldn’t be all that good. In real life try grabbing like Jason’s grab and see how awkward and weird it feels. A fast recovery on his grab would be too much imo.