42 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Exactly. Stalk is worthless without shift. Especially considering the fact that anyone in the area that's paying attention knows when Jason is hanging out in stalk. Moving the abilities around is not a good idea at all.

If the only thing you use stalk for is surprise shift grabs then in that sense stalk is worthless. Stalk + Morph works well for me. 

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

If you don't appreciate plus morph in it's current form then you're not using your pt 2 Jason right.

I rarely use part 2 Jason. I might switch over to him after I feel like I mastered part 4. How do you use Part 2

1 minute ago, Seraphic King said:

If the only thing you use stalk for is surprise shift grabs then in that sense stalk is worthless. Stalk + Morph works well for me. 

The counselors still get notified of your presence because of vhs static when you morph in or out. Plus they know when you're in the general area while using stalk because the ambient background noise stops when Jason is in stalk. So at that point anyone that knows what they're doing could simply fire a flare up in the air to pinpoint your location. Stalk without shift only works against low skill players. 

5 minutes ago, Seraphic King said:

I rarely use part 2 Jason. I might switch over to him after I feel like I mastered part 4. How do you use Part 2

You morph. A lot. You should always play your Jason to his strengths. 

2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Exactly. Stalk is worthless without shift. Especially considering the fact that anyone in the area that's paying attention knows when Jason is hanging out in stalk. Moving the abilities around is not a good idea at all.

If the developers wanted us to be able to choose the order, I'd like to think they would have given that to us from day one.

It's good to see you back to posting here. You've brought up some good conversations in the past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Jason is overpowered as it is.

My Gosh is Jason just supposed to kill everyone like offline bots.

later in the game most have the car and phone box fixed and most players dont go for the Jason kill.

People just need to be better skilled players as Jason and use stalk,sense abillity and all Jasons weapons like they are supposed to.

Its funny to see people on this forum complain and say that they refuse to play as Jason because there is a chance they might get killed by counselors.

Every time you post, it's an unpleasant reminder that the Devs listening to posters like you is why Jason got nerfed so badly in the first place.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

The counselors still get notified of your presence because of vhs static when you morph in or out. Plus they know when you're in the general area while using stalk because the ambient background noise stops when Jason is in stalk. So at that point anyone that knows what they're doing could simply fire a flare up in the air to pinpoint your location. Stalk without shift only works against low skill players. 

I thought that once you turn on stalk the counselors won’t see any static

Just now, Seraphic King said:

I thought that once you turn on stalk the counselors won’t see any static

The static is there to enhance Stalk. They see the static and hear the proximity music stop, and thus (hopefully) believe that Jason has gone elsewhere. Then, if all goes well, they come out thinking they're in the clear and you get to Surprise Motherfucker! them.

@HaHaTrumpWon

Oh I know that bro, what I mean is I thought that once you turn on stalk, you won’t see the vhs static for any other ability. Like I turn on stalk, they see the static. But while stalk is on they won’t see the static for shift

26 minutes ago, Seraphic King said:

@HaHaTrumpWon

Oh I know that bro, what I mean is I thought that once you turn on stalk, you won’t see the vhs static for any other ability. Like I turn on stalk, they see the static. But while stalk is on they won’t see the static for shift

Honestly, i don't know if they do or not. I never actually gave it much thought. Someday I want to have a counselor send me the video from a match so I can compare what I'm going to what the counselor is seeing.

1 hour ago, Seraphic King said:

@HaHaTrumpWon

No it's still there for all other abilities 

8 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

The static is there to enhance Stalk. They see the static and hear the proximity music stop, and thus (hopefully) believe that Jason has gone elsewhere. Then, if all goes well, they come out thinking they're in the clear and you get to Surprise Motherfucker! them.

Shift: single static  ambient background noise still there

Stalk: single static  Jason's  music stops but the ambient background noise also stops for a "dead calm" effect

Morph in: (stalk off) double static  Jason music plays to alert counselors 

Morph in: (stalk on) double static ambient background noise stops if Jason is nearby

Morph out: (stalk off or on) double static   Jason music stops or ambient background noise returns

If a counselor is paying attention stalk is only good for masking Jason's exact location. A properly used flare gun makes Jason visible on the mini map. 

Stalk isn't completely worthless though. It can be used to get a jump scare out of counselors from seeing dead bodies while you're chasing them. As long as they haven't already seen the body you're coming across. You can trigger stalk off while shifting to fake a short shift on a counselor.  But you can only get VHS static  while triggering stalk OFF during a shift. So it would be best to trigger stalk on then immediately shift to get the double static and possibly fool the counselors into thinking you morphed out. Also you can use it to hide your location from the driver of a car or a freshly spawned Tommy Jarvis who would otherwise be able to see your exact location on his main map until he gets in line of sight of you.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

it’s always fun surprising people especially when they have a mic

Just now, Seraphic King said:

@Somethin Cool

that’s kinda wack. I thought the main purpose of stalk was to not alert counselors of your presence and I thought that it cancels the vhs static for any other ability.

I mean I didn't design it 🤷‍♀️

I don't think there was a whole lot of thought put into most of the mechanics to be honest

4 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I mean I didn't design it 🤷‍♀️

I don't think there was a whole lot of thought put into most of the mechanics to be honest

Well thanks for the heads up. I’ll most definitely think up of some good strategies for stalk with this new info 

20 minutes ago, Seraphic King said:

Well thanks for the heads up. I’ll most definitely think up of some good strategies for stalk with this new info 

Since you brought it up, one of the most annoying things you can do is stalk, morph, shift, exit stalk, exit shift. Hit the counselors with a seemingly endless stream of vhs static. Of course it would be perfect if all that ends in a shift grab while they're blinded by the static.

Aight I think I thought of something last question f13 expert @Somethin Cool

Let’s say I Morph over to the phone box, but no ones there yet and I turn on stalk but no one is in the area to get the vhs static. Let’s say while I’m in stalk at the box, a counselor comes to repair. Will the ambient background music just stay from the counselors p.o.v because I didn’t turn on stalk while they were in the vicinity or will it go away and the game becomes dead silent

On 9/9/2019 at 11:18 AM, Seraphic King said:

For some of the strengths Jason has like 

+Morph

+Sense

+Grip Strength 

+Stalk

Those are good abilities but, having them as a strength doesn’t really matter that much. I’d rather have those as a neutral strength than a strength.

Would you agree that those strengths, if you have a Jason that has one of those strengths should get a slight buff. Here are some ideas I came up with. 

For one, I don’t think Jason should get sense in the beginning of the match. It makes much more sense for stalk to be the 2nd ability Jason gets. That would make stalk better by default whether your Jason has it as a strength or not. In the F13 movies, Jason was always stealthy in the beginning, then at the end, that’s when he started chasing.

For +sense, you should be able to see highlights of the objectives no matter how far you are. For example, you’re on pack large, you turn on sense and you should see a yellow highlight of the car and when it is being repaired you see the highlight turn red. Also, you should be able to like place a sense marker for things you want. Like, I see gas on the ground, I should be able to place a marker for it so whenever I turn on sense I can see it and monitor it.

For +Morph, simple the morph spots should be more accurate.

For +Grip Strength, the longer you are in Jasons Grip the more damage you take and the less stamina you’ll have if you break free

& for stalk, the time you burn when walking with stalk on should be less. I heard you can run only for 20 seconds before stalk is gone. Bump the ish up to 45.

i think they should make it more realistic an like the movies no morph cuz the developers dont know what that even is and no sense cuz he dont have that and sure he is a bit strong but thats all

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Seraphic King said:

Aight I think I thought of something last question f13 expert @Somethin Cool

Let’s say I Morph over to the phone box, but no ones there yet and I turn on stalk but no one is in the area to get the vhs static. Let’s say while I’m in stalk at the box, a counselor comes to repair. Will the ambient background music just stay from the counselors p.o.v because I didn’t turn on stalk while they were in the vicinity or will it go away and the game becomes dead silent

The background noise would still go away. Although it would be less noticeable that way. But the question is what else is getting done while you're just standing there in stalk waiting on maybe one person to come mess with the objective you're camping...

11 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

The background noise would still go away. Although it would be less noticeable that way. But the question is what else is getting done while you're just standing there in stalk waiting on maybe one person to come mess with the objective you're camping...

Something that I can afford to get done like a car hopefully. Counselors like to pressure Jason especially the experienced counselors. One person would go to the fuse while another will go to the car and try to get both done at the same time and they’ll usually time when they step in traps. Like, one steps in a trap at the car and the other steps in a trap at the fuse. They’ll probably be focused on the objective to actually pay attention to the background music.

Now, typically when this happens Jason would morph over to one objective, and the counselor will be out of the trap before Jason arrives and they’ll run him around to buy time for the other counselors what I’m saying is this, you have to play relentless yet tactical and don’t give that counselor time to recover, once they step in it you don’t need to morph, you can run up or quickly shift to them since they’re vulnerable for a knife slash ( don’t grab). I’ve seen people say that Jason has no counter for a group working on multiple objectives, and I  disagreed. Jason only has no counter if the player controlling him plays like an average Jason. Thinking out side the box is critical for going against coordinated teams

3 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

Something that I can afford to get done like a car hopefully. Counselors like to pressure Jason especially the experienced counselors. One person would go to the fuse while another will go to the car and try to get both done at the same time and they’ll usually time when they step in traps. Like, one steps in a trap at the car and the other steps in a trap at the fuse. They’ll probably be focused on the objective to actually pay attention to the background music.

Now, typically when this happens Jason would morph over to one objective, and the counselor will be out of the trap before Jason arrives and they’ll run him around to buy time for the other counselors well what if Jason can kill that counselor before the counselor runs him around and buys time for the other counselor? I’ve seen people say that Jason has no counter for a group working on multiple objectives, and I  disagreed. Jason only has no counter if the player controlling him plays like an average Jason. Thinking out side the box is critical for going against coordinated teams

My tournament team begs to differ. There is no counter to coordinated teamwork and a solid team pushing all objectives at the same time. Out of our last 14 matches we've only lost once. And even that match was very close and against an equally skilled team. And we have one of the best Jasons in the world on our team. We regularly accomplish all objectives against him in practice although usually 2 or less people last long enough to escape.

At the end of the day it's 7 vs 1. If everyone prioritises objectives the only thing Jason can do is pick the objective that's most important to him. From most important to least important: Tommy box, phone, four seat car, two seat car or boat. So the strategy is tank a trap at a lesser objective and when Jason morphs there then you fix the more important objective. If you do it right you can run Jason around the map while you repair all the objectives in the confusion. Then you just need to make it to an exit. That's really the hard part...

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

My tournament team begs to differ. There is no counter to coordinated teamwork and a solid team pushing all objectives at the same time. Out of our last 14 matches we've only lost once.

Does Jason have to kill everyone to win? I always felt that if he only has 1 or 2 survivors against a really good team it isn’t much of a L for Jason. 

Anytime Jason goes against a good team I feel it’s almost a guarantee there will be at least 1 or so survivors since they have the advantage.

29 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Does Jason have to kill everyone to win? I always felt that if he only has 1 or 2 survivors against a really good team it isn’t much of a L for Jason. 

Anytime Jason goes against a good team I feel it’s almost a guarantee there will be at least 1 or so survivors since they have the advantage.

No the counselors get points by fixing objectives and if they escape. The Jason doesn't get points unless he wipes the opposing teams lobby. If he can do that he gets a 2 point bonus for his team. Team with the most points wins.

I don't feel this is a win or lose type game. I feel good as a counselor if i repair a car, distract Jason while others get away and I still die. Jason killed me so he prob feels good about that since i was a thorn in his side. Its all about the experience. If you are playing this game and having fun, you are winning. I don't feel i have to survive every match, or go 8for8 as Jason. I know some really do, and you can usually tell by their reaction on mic when things don't go their way, but whatevs... 😁

Edit: I didnt realize you guys were talking about tournament format.. lol

24 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

No the counselors get points by fixing objectives and if they escape. The Jason doesn't get points unless he wipes the opposing teams lobby. If he can do that he gets a 2 point bonus for his team. Team with the most points wins.

That’s pretty cool. 

I wish in QP they had a point system for matches and give each counselor a certain amount of points for different things. Repairing objectives, time in Jason’s presence, damage dealt to Jason, stuns dealt to jason, etc. and then at the end of the round it shows the placings of the counselors from 1st-7th and then the MVP with the most points. It’d make it a bit more competitive in QP online and maybe people would have more incentive to do something. 

On 9/10/2019 at 3:22 PM, Seraphic King said:

Ahab, so a counselor messing up on a mini game  is situational? Counselors looting houses in the beginning of the match is situational?

Not sure how you got that out of what I said... When a player messes up on the gas... which car do you go for?... or do you go for the boat or the car?... If they mess up on the battery, which car do you go for?... If there is only one car, and you have not smashed a power box... then this would be the only way to be sure where a player that screwed up on the repair actually is, considering there is only one car and a boat instead of two cars. So yes... VERY situational... particularly when considering you have no idea who is doing the repair unless there is only one counselor left... and if you don't know who is doing it, you have no idea if they will be finished the repair or not before you can morph there (considering you even morphed to the right spot)… and sneak up behind them... If this was not situational, it would literally be happening several times in every single match EVER played.... and it is not.
    Also... counselors looting the cabins at the start of the match is also situational. There are actually counselors who forego speed looting in favor of the part they found before even opening a drawer... This is the ONLY way to get the VERY situational two cars and six counselors escaping before Jason gets his first shift... It is rare, but it happens. Catching a counselor while speed looting at the start of the match is VERY situational. You have no stalk at this point, neither do you have shift... If they see you, they will normally run at this point if they have a brain... Catching, let alone actually killing a counselor at the start of the match while speed looting is VERY situational... or, once again... it would be happening in every single match every played... and it is not.
   Mistakes can be punished, but only if you morph to the right spot... and are actually quick enough to do anything about it. A counselor screwing up a repair has to worry about Jason showing up to give chase... but even that is not guaranteed. If Jason has no morph active at the time and is not nearby, he is not showing up... If Jason guesses wrong, he is not showing up.
   Jason's music only indicates he is in the area... you literally have no idea where in the area he is unless you see him. 
   Stealth counselors are very useful despite what others say about them... But stealth will NEVER help you if Jason morphs nearby and sees you.... and if you are in his line of sight, or give off a sound ping that is obviously close enough that you should be glowing in sense but are not glowing... then sense avoidance perks are of no use either. Stealth AND sense avoidance are only useful if you can keep your distance from Jason. Neither are a guarantee you will not be found, and neither should they be.

On 9/10/2019 at 3:22 PM, Seraphic King said:

Rage can only be brought very early on if the counselors want to beat on Jason, and most smart counselors won’t do that. Also, I’m not saying that every Jason variant should get the time bumped up to 45, only the ones with +stalk. Having stalk as a strength right now, imo is a waste of a strength, I’m only suggesting for this buff so that it can actually be worthy of being an actual strength. 

Smart counselors sure... but you have a great many counselors that think its smart to not open windows or lock doors, and rely on hitting Jason for extra stamina to prolong the chase... which also brings on rage early. ALL of these hits add up. Too many players do not even consider how to avoid rage... and strike Jason at every opportunity, leaving everyone else that is still alive in game after them to deal with early rage... I do very well without hitting Jason unless it is to save another player from his grip... and after Jason is done chasing me, whether he killed me or morphed away to deal with something else... he is no closer to rage than the default timer has given him. If everyone played like me, you would never even see a Jason in rage before halfway into the match or more... Where are all these smart players you speak of?... I still see many players wanting to fight Jason, whether in a group or one on one.
   Not every Jason, only the +Stalk should get this buff?... That would be the variant that would be WAY too overpowered with this buff... and if +stalk is altered, then neutral and -Stalk would remain the same? How does that even make sense?... A +Stalk Jason would be able to spend more than half the match in rage with this buff... which by definition makes it too over powered.
    As the game is now, once stalk is active, players already have to worry about Jason being around every corner.

On 9/10/2019 at 6:30 PM, Fair Play said:

Players who don't lock the doors early on in a match, could potentially regret it later in a match. The same holds true for not opening windows as well.

This behavior usually leads to other players getting killed... not the player that was not opening windows and locking doors... At least, that is how I see it play out from spectate after escaping or dying early.

On 9/10/2019 at 7:44 PM, Strigoi said:

Jason is overpowered as it is.

My Gosh is Jason just supposed to kill everyone like offline bots.

later in the game most have the car and phone box fixed and most players dont go for the Jason kill.

People just need to be better skilled players as Jason and use stalk,sense abillity and all Jasons weapons like they are supposed to.

Its funny to see people on this forum complain and say that they refuse to play as Jason because there is a chance they might get killed by counselors.

Jason is supposed to be overpowered... Asymetrical balance and all that.
  If players do nothing... or do nothing but beat on Jason... then yes, they will all die. Teamwork is your friend in this game... but teamwork is not a guarantee of survival either. You have to work for it. I find it funny to see people complain about dying as a counselor and demanding Jason be nerfed into the ground... again... Escapes have to be worked for, if you can't do the work, then you should be dying.
   If you see the car fixed AND the phone fixed later in the game all the time, then you must escape quite often. Why exactly do you complain about the game's balance? Do you think you should escape in every match?
    It sounds to me like people need to learn to work together as counselors like they are supposed to. This game promotes teamwork and punishes a lack of teamwork. Even two players working together can make Jason struggle to get more than a hand full of kills... One player fixing a car and getting it going can EASILY pick up three other counselors and escape with half the lobby... and you think it is Jason players that should learn to play?

On 9/10/2019 at 8:44 PM, Urmomsnewman said:

I agree redo the rage buff 1st and foremost it’s killing the player base 

I check the number of players online on steam quite often... the numbers never dropped... They were between 300 and 400 for quite some time before the rage buff and for some time after it was implemented... Then came some sales, and the numbers went up... Which SEVERELY contradicts your statement here... Fortunately, Matt has stated that the rage buff is not going anywhere... so once again... deal with it.

On 9/10/2019 at 10:28 PM, NickersLarge said:

I think the kill should happen maybe once every 15-20 matches. That might be too much but killing him should be hard as fuck and make you feel like you accomplished something huge.  

It was originally supposed to be 1 in 75 matches... But not every match even has an attempt to kill Jason either... But I think you have the right idea here... 15 or 20 tries to get one kill would definitely make players feel like they accomplished something... As it stands now... 9 out of 10 is not an accomplishment and never will be.

On 9/10/2019 at 11:32 PM, Strigoi said:

People should just be happy to be killed by a Horror character.

Happy we have a game like this... sure. You don't need to be happy that you were killed in a game... it happens in literally every video game. Players of a game like this simply need to accept the fact that they are not going to survive every match... and a skilled player is still lucky to survive 50% of the time. We all die a lot in this game... Dying in a game like this and complaining about it is literally whining. This game is not for everyone... some people just cannot handle dying in a game... and those types of players should move on to things that will not frustrate them so much... like checkers... or coloring books.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1