Jump to content

Recommended Posts

For some of the strengths Jason has like 

+Morph

+Sense

+Grip Strength 

+Stalk

Those are good abilities but, having them as a strength doesn’t really matter that much. I’d rather have those as a neutral strength than a strength.

Would you agree that those strengths, if you have a Jason that has one of those strengths should get a slight buff. Here are some ideas I came up with. 

For one, I don’t think Jason should get sense in the beginning of the match. It makes much more sense for stalk to be the 2nd ability Jason gets. That would make stalk better by default whether your Jason has it as a strength or not. In the F13 movies, Jason was always stealthy in the beginning, then at the end, that’s when he started chasing.

For +sense, you should be able to see highlights of the objectives no matter how far you are. For example, you’re on pack large, you turn on sense and you should see a yellow highlight of the car and when it is being repaired you see the highlight turn red. Also, you should be able to like place a sense marker for things you want. Like, I see gas on the ground, I should be able to place a marker for it so whenever I turn on sense I can see it and monitor it.

For +Morph, simple the morph spots should be more accurate.

For +Grip Strength, the longer you are in Jasons Grip the more damage you take and the less stamina you’ll have if you break free

& for stalk, the time you burn when walking with stalk on should be less. I heard you can run only for 20 seconds before stalk is gone. Bump the ish up to 45.

 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Seraphic King said:

For one, I don’t think Jason should get sense in the beginning of the match. It makes much more sense for stalk to be the first ability Jason gets. That would make stalk better by default whether your Jason has it as a strength or not. In the F13 movies, Jason was always stealthy in the beginning then at the end that when he started chasing.

This is something that several people on the forums have said in the past. If they were to ever make any changes to the game, this is one I would liked to have seen.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

This is something that several people on the forums have said in the past. If they were to ever make any changes to the game, this is one I would liked to have seen.

Makes sense to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seraphic King said:

For one, I don’t think Jason should get sense in the beginning of the match. It makes much more sense for stalk to be the 2nd ability Jason gets. That would make stalk better by default whether your Jason has it as a strength or not. In the F13 movies, Jason was always stealthy in the beginning, then at the end, that’s when he started chasing.

   Stalk is mostly useless without sense... and without shift active yet either, even more useless... how would this even help? Having sense early makes more "sense".

1 hour ago, Seraphic King said:

For +sense, you should be able to see highlights of the objectives no matter how far you are.

   Against good players... too much of a buff and gives reasons for Jason to camp an area... which is just a bad idea for Jason in the first place. Against do nothing players, not even a buff.
   As far as objectives go... They are already shown on Jason's map... all you need to know is how to read a map and orient yourself from the in game view of the character you are playing. You do not even have to know the area you are in well... just how to orient yourself vs the map... Sound pings already give away players that are around objectives if Jason is paying attention... Unless they actually know how to use the stealth system.
   Highlighting an objective actually being repaired at the time completely nerfs the stealth system and gives no need for repair mistake warnings... Jason would never need the repair warnings if he can already see something being repaired... Let alone if he can see this from across the map.
    The range of sense is far more limited than many players think... It does not stretch across the map... not even on a small map. Distances are just hard to estimate in game... Until you see a cabin flickering at the edge of your sense range and look at your map to find out just how far away sense actually does reach.

1 hour ago, Seraphic King said:

For +Morph, simple the morph spots should be more accurate.

    Morph is based on pins placed in the map... This would require a complete rework of the morph pins... and if Morph is suddenly too accurate, that is way too much of a buff for ANY Jason variant. Imagine morphing ahead of the car and having it crash into you every time with zero effort... no car would ever escape after the Jason players learn how to use this. Players would also be consistently be grabbed out of a morph... WAY too much of a buff.

1 hour ago, Seraphic King said:

For +Grip Strength, the longer you are in Jasons Grip the more damage you take and the less stamina you’ll have if you break free

   I do like the idea of counselors taking damage while in Jason's grip, but it would have to be minimal damage or the river of tears would begin to flow again.
   Breaking free of a choke hold will NEVER leave you with more stamina than you had before the choke... a lack of oxygen leaves you weakened, not strengthened... and being in Jason's grip IS a choke hold... How can it not be? He is holding a counselor in the air by the throat... Impossible to do without choking someone. An adrenaline boost does not give you more strength or stamina when your body is starved of oxygen as it would be after being choked.

2 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

for stalk, the time you burn when walking with stalk on should be less. I heard you can run only for 20 seconds before stalk is gone. Bump the ish up to 45.

   Stalk runs out quickly when you are moving for a reason... Stalk is a very powerful tool... If it did not run down quickly, neutral and +Stalk variants would be spending most of the match in stalk… And after they get stalk, the match would be pretty short... This would throw balance to the wind.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should just bring in stalk with sense when sense comes in. It can be hard using stalk without sense. And I agree + stalk Jason’s should be able to freely move around longer. Just like how in part 8 how jason maneuvered around freely all over the boat before he got spotted was pretty insane

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ahab said:

   Stalk is mostly useless without sense... and without shift active yet either, even more useless... how would this even help? Having sense early makes more "sense".

   
   

Not true, I don’t need sense to sneak up on a counselor who is trying to repair. Nor do I need it to sneak up on a counselor trying to loot a house. The main emphasis on this game for survival was stealth , and that got thrown out the window sort of when Jason can spam sense. 

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

 

   Highlighting an objective actually being repaired at the time completely nerfs the stealth system and gives no need for repair mistake warnings... Jason would never need the repair warnings if he can already see something being repaired... Let alone if he can see this from across the map.
    The range of sense is far more limited than many players think... It does not stretch across the map... not even on a small map. Distances are just hard to estimate in game... Until you see a cabin flickering at the edge of your sense range and look at your map to find out just how far away sense actually does reach.

    

Perhaps that is too much of a buff, how about Jason can only do it to power boxes then. To keep track on the Tommy box. 

 

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

      Stalk runs out quickly when you are moving for a reason... Stalk is a very powerful tool... If it did not run down quickly, neutral and +Stalk variants would be spending most of the match in stalk… And after they get stalk, the match would be pretty short... This would throw balance to the wind.

Of course I’m not saying that it should be bumped up to a ridiculous time like a whole minute and 30. I think 45 for +Stalk variants is balanced. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

Not true, I don’t need sense to sneak up on a counselor who is trying to repair. Nor do I need it to sneak up on a counselor trying to loot a house. The main emphasis on this game for survival was stealth , and that got thrown out the window sort of when Jason can spam sense. 

   The situations you speak of are VERY situational. Stalk is indeed HEAVILY reliant on sense... Literally every video you see of stalk kills are done with heavy usage of sense. Over hundreds of games, someone could put together a video of stalk kills that did not use sense at all... but in reality, most of their stalk kills WILL be heavily reliant on sense.
   Sure you can luck out and notice someone repairing something and get into stalk and come up behind them... but exactly how often does this happen?... In almost 700 matches as Jason I can remember being able to sneak up on a lone counselor repairing something like you describe about 3 times... Sure you can walk into a cabin in stalk... but without the counselor giving off sound pings or you actually seeing them through a window (which also leaves them open to seeing you and negates stalk)... you have no idea where they are in that cabin... Being able to wander around the entire cabin in stalk to look for them while in stalk is WAY too much of a buff.
   Do the math... How long is the recharge on stalk before rage?... How long are you suggesting stalk lasts for when moving?... Without even doing the math myself I can plainly see that this would leave Jason players in stalk for WAY too much of the match while retaining mobility... and then subtract how much less stalk takes for recharge in rage... and rage can be brought on VERY early in a match.
    Stealth works fine for those with the patience (very few players have any patience towards this and need to run around like chickens with their heads cut off)… and the knowledge of how it works... Many players have no idea how it works, and think it should make them super powered ninjas instead of the teenage camp counselors (who have ZERO training in combat and stealth techniques). Sense spamming is the only thing that keeps sense avoidance perks from turning counselors into super powered ninjas... Jason actually needs a chance to find them while they have a chance to not be found... Balance and all that. Any nerf to sense spamming is also a HUGE nerf to stalk.
    Also... players that think they should be able to run around in complete silence (no sound pings) are not thinking... To be stealthy, patience and slower movements are necessary... Not even a super powered Ninja can run around silently... yet Tommy can. Staying as far away as possible from whoever you do not want to see you is another actual requirement for stealth to be "stealthy"... Some players actually think sense avoidance perks should leave them completely unnoticed as they run around in front of Jason in full view of him... which is beyond ridiculous.

18 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

Perhaps that is too much of a buff, how about Jason can only do it to power boxes then. To keep track on the Tommy box. 

    Also too much of a buff. Tommy was never the problem... getting the mask off so easily is the problem... And the devs have already stated that the power boxes will NEVER be shown for Jason... and neither should they be shown for counselors... But if they are shown for one side, they should be shown for the other side as well... Balance.

18 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

Of course I’m not saying that it should be bumped up to a ridiculous time like a whole minute and 30. I think 45 for +Stalk variants is balanced. 

   Buffing stalk to not burn down while moving for that long DOES leave Jason players able to be in stalk for way more of the match than you would ever want to see them in stalk for when playing a counselor... As it is, stalk is Jason's most powerful ability... and is even more powerful when used in conjunction with sense, morph and shift... in that order. Using sense to see a counselor allows you to morph ahead of them and shift back at them, while using sense to actually be able to see them, or you will not be catching them at all... Trees, bushes, rocks, cabins... and generally anything that blocks your view outside of sense will leave it in the hands of blind luck whether or not you could even find them without sense... This is almost a guaranteed kill on even the best Vanessa players out there... barring a pocket knife of course... and there are only so many of those in a match.
   Stalking is a game of patience when not morphing ahead of someone you see in sense and shifting back at them... and needs to stay that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ahab said:

   The situations you speak of are VERY situational. Stalk is indeed HEAVILY reliant on sense... Literally every video you see of stalk kills are done with heavy usage of sense. Over hundreds of games, someone could put together a video of stalk kills that did not use sense at all... but in reality, most of their stalk kills WILL be heavily reliant on sense.
   

Ahab, so a counselor messing up on a mini game  is situational? Counselors looting houses in the beginning of the match is situational? If anything what this buff will do is make the game even more frightening. Think about what typical counselors do. They find a cabin, and speed loot it without even locking the doors. That type of mistake should be punished. There should be much more emphasis on locking doors in this game in the beginning because you never know who is coming. 

Also, it should be more punishing if you mess up on a mini game . As of right now, in the beginning of the match, if you mess up, Jason would morph over there, but of course once he does you’ll immediately know when he’s there because the loud ass music and you’ll run out of the area. This will make stealth characters even more useful, and players that main dumb characters will think twice before they try to repair something in the beginning.

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

   
   Do the math... How long is the recharge on stalk before rage?... How long are you suggesting stalk lasts for when moving?... Without even doing the math myself I can plainly see that this would leave Jason players in stalk for WAY too much of the match while retaining mobility... and then subtract how much less stalk takes for recharge in rage... and rage can be brought on VERY early in a match.
    

Rage can only be brought very early on if the counselors want to beat on Jason, and most smart counselors won’t do that. Also, I’m not saying that every Jason variant should get the time bumped up to 45, only the ones with +stalk. Having stalk as a strength right now, imo is a waste of a strength, I’m only suggesting for this buff so that it can actually be worthy of being an actual strength. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

Ahab, so a counselor messing up on a mini game  is situational? Counselors looting houses in the beginning of the match is situational? If anything what this buff will do is make the game even more frightening. Think about what typical counselors do. They find a cabin, and speed loot it without even locking the doors. That type of mistake should be punished. There should be much more emphasis on locking doors in this game in the beginning because you never know who is coming. 

Also, it should be more punishing if you mess up on a mini game . As of right now, in the beginning of the match, if you mess up, Jason would morph over there, but of course once he does you’ll immediately know when he’s there because the loud ass music and you’ll run out of the area. This will make stealth characters even more useful, and players that main dumb characters will think twice before they try to repair something in the beginning.

Rage can only be brought very early on if the counselors want to beat on Jason, and most smart counselors won’t do that. Also, I’m not saying that every Jason variant should get the time bumped up to 45, only the ones with +stalk. Having stalk as a strength right now, imo is a waste of a strength, I’m only suggesting for this buff so that it can actually be worthy of being an actual strength. 

Changes to Stalk could make the game more frightening for some players. That's not to say it will with 100% certainty.

Players who don't lock the doors early on in a match, could potentially regret it later in a match. The same holds true for not opening windows as well.

Players are punished for a multitude of things, all depending on the type of Jason player they encounter, and the actions of fellow counselors.

The strength / weakness dynamic of this game could use adjustments across the board. With the game being a little over 2 years old, I see very little chance of that happening.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Changes to Stalk could make the game more frightening for some players. That's not to say it will with 100% certainty.

Players who don't lock the doors early on in a match, could potentially regret it later in a match. The same holds true for not opening windows as well.

Players are punished for a multitude of things, all depending on the type of Jason player they encounter, and the actions of fellow counselors.

The strength / weakness dynamic of this game could use adjustments across the board. With the game being a little over 2 years old, I see very little chance of that happening.

Of course everything could be adjusted but, I’m just being more specific with stalk.

but of course, we can all agree to disagree. I just like the thought of having counselors always being on edge and watching their back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason is overpowered as it is.

My Gosh is Jason just supposed to kill everyone like offline bots.

later in the game most have the car and phone box fixed and most players dont go for the Jason kill.

People just need to be better skilled players as Jason and use stalk,sense abillity and all Jasons weapons like they are supposed to.

Its funny to see people on this forum complain and say that they refuse to play as Jason because there is a chance they might get killed by counselors.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Jason is overpowered as it is.

My Gosh is Jason just supposed to kill everyone like offline bots.

later in the game most have the car and phone box fixed and most players dont go for the Jason kill.

People just need to be better skilled players as Jason and use stalk,sense abillity and all Jasons weapons like they are supposed to.

Its funny to see people on this forum complain and say that they refuse to play as Jason because there is a chance they might get killed by counselors.

I agree redo the rage buff 1st and foremost it’s killing the player base 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

I just like the thought of having counselors always being on edge and watching their back.

Some counselors already fit that bill at this point in the game.

Adjusting Stalk is likely to have the same reaction as the proposal to make Jason harder to kill.

@Strigoi, funny or not, people voice their opinions on things they may be discontent with. If someone doesn't want to play as Jason, respect their call and try not to judge them for their choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it blows my fucking mind that people think Jason is OP!!!  Hes actually supposed to op that’s why he has a movie, that’s why he has a game (yes just 1 game). 

2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

My Gosh is Jason just supposed to kill everyone like offline bots.

Well yea! I think the offline bots make the game true to the movies, except they never have gone to the shack on me. But seriously no it shouldn’t be that easy but you shouldn’t be able to circle jason freely and make him look like a bitch either. I’ve never seen Jason get tea bagged or the councilors just standing there doing Saturday night fever in the film. I don’t think they should get rid of it either, but there needs to be serious consequences for that shit. Screen goes black, pk doesn’t work if you stand next to him to long or dancing. I almost wish that there were only 10 weapons on the map which I think would make councilors do what there supposed to do and hide and try to fix shit to get the fuck outta hear. I think the kill should happen maybe once every 15-20 matches. That might be too much but killing him should be hard as fuck and make you feel like you accomplished something huge.  

Sorry addys takin over

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

 

Its funny to see people on this forum complain and say that they refuse to play as Jason because there is a chance they might get killed by counselors.

I’ve never heard anyone hear say something like that. But if so, good it’s there game, they play the part they like. Besides better chance for me to be Jason. 

I seriously wish I could pay for a monthly service where I was only put in lobbies w all councilor preference players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NickersLarge said:

it blows my fucking mind that people think Jason is OP!!!  Hes actually supposed to op that’s why he has a movie, that’s why he has a game (yes just 1 game). 

Well yea! I think the offline bots make the game true to the movies, except they never have gone to the shack on me. But seriously no it shouldn’t be that easy but you shouldn’t be able to circle jason freely and make him look like a bitch either. I’ve never seen Jason get tea bagged or the councilors just standing there doing Saturday night fever in the film. I don’t think they should get rid of it either, but there needs to be serious consequences for that shit. Screen goes black, pk doesn’t work if you stand next to him to long or dancing. I almost wish that there were only 10 weapons on the map which I think would make councilors do what there supposed to do and hide and try to fix shit to get the fuck outta hear. I think the kill should happen maybe once every 15-20 matches. That might be too much but killing him should be hard as fuck and make you feel like you accomplished something huge.  

Sorry addys takin over

The offline bots were never coded to go for the kill. It would have been nice if they could have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently i watched an episode of Slash n Cast where the guys said that if a Halloween game is made that there should be no weapons or beating on Michael Myers.

Why do people belive that Horror Villains should just kill and there is no plot or story to the game.

People should just be happy to be killed by a Horror character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Strigoi said:

People should just be happy to be killed by a Horror character.

And yet you complain venomously over Jason being too overwhelming and killing players all the time.....or too easily.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

I agree redo the rage buff 1st and foremost it’s killing the player base 

I’d be all for them getting rid of the rage buff only if they gave Jason more mask hp, get into block faster, better combat stance (no block/swing delay, and overall better combat mechanics. I’d take those proper buffs over the lazy ass rage buff bandaid all day. That’s what should’ve happened in the first place over the rage buff anyways.... 

All that time they took to add in the rage buff could’ve been time to properly give Jason the tools he needs to fight more effectively against groups. Fighting large groups still and has been an issues for Jason ever since the engine upgrade. If Jason could fight more effectively a no stun in rage buff wouldn’t even be necessary. 

Against groups it’s sad jason has to back away and throw knives and have that and shift slashes be his biggest hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

And yet you complain venomously over Jason being too overwhelming and killing players all the time.....or too easily.

I don't understand this one either. @Strigoi, you keep jumping back and forth on both sides of the debate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 2:29 PM, Ahab said:

 

On 9/9/2019 at 12:18 PM, Seraphic King said:

For one, I don’t think Jason should get sense in the beginning of the match. It makes much more sense for stalk to be the 2nd ability Jason gets. That would make stalk better by default whether your Jason has it as a strength or not. In the F13 movies, Jason was always stealthy in the beginning, then at the end, that’s when he started chasing.

   Stalk is mostly useless without sense... and without shift active yet either, even more useless... how would this even help? Having sense early makes more "sense".

 

 I see your point but sense is pretty much useless wo shift for the most part. In fact, the fight doesn’t really start til shift comes. I spend the first few minutes setting up shop, phones box, car, and grabbing knives, waiting for shift to come. And I kno it’s a sin here assuming  or grouping people’s thoughts as one (which I’d love to kno what happened  here that made people so offended  by it), but  I kno majority of people I talk to do the same. I don’t even go after a councilor when I’m setting up. UNLESS, they are in a house on my  trap route and the door is unlocked or I can see there pings heading my way, I’ll go inside and wait. And tell me if im wrong guys, but isn’t such a great way to start a match. Gets me more relaxed and confident. Any way to make a long story longer, stalk would be pretty bad ass to start with, especially w us power walking jasons. It could possibly get those players in the lobby you’re worried about,  out of the way early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't appreciate plus morph in it's current form then you're not using your pt 2 Jason right.

And considering stalk is about worthless to anyone that knows what they're doing, I'd say leave stalk where it's at and just take away all the other vhs static while stalk is on. Let's say unless Jason is in line of sight like his background music. That way if you can't see him then there's no static for shift start up or morph. Keep them guessing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NickersLarge said:

 I see your point but sense is pretty much useless wo shift for the most part. In fact, the fight doesn’t really start til shift comes. I spend the first few minutes setting up shop, phones box, car, and grabbing knives, waiting for shift to come. And I kno it’s a sin here assuming  or grouping people’s thoughts as one (which I’d love to kno what happened  here that made people so offended  by it), but  I kno majority of people I talk to do the same. I don’t even go after a councilor when I’m setting up. UNLESS, they are in a house on my  trap route and the door is unlocked or I can see there pings heading my way, I’ll go inside and wait. And tell me if im wrong guys, but isn’t such a great way to start a match. Gets me more relaxed and confident. Any way to make a long story longer, stalk would be pretty bad ass to start with, especially w us power walking jasons. It could possibly get those players in the lobby you’re worried about,  out of the way early. 

Some of us do the same thing. Tend to the objectives, and prep some of the cabins before the hunt begins.

Let's say you started with Stalk. A disadvantage is that focused counselors could potentially get objectives completed easier and faster, while you run / power walk to them.

If we had the ability to customize the order of Jason's abilities, that could lead to some interesting outcomes. I don't know if we'll ever see that happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Some of us do the same thing. Tend to the objectives, and prep some of the cabins before the hunt begins.

Let's say you started with Stalk. A disadvantage is that focused counselors could potentially get objectives completed easier and faster, while you run / power walk to them.

If we had the ability to customize the order of Jason's abilities, that could lead to some interesting outcomes. I don't know if we'll ever see that happen.

Exactly. Stalk is worthless without shift. Especially considering the fact that anyone in the area that's paying attention knows when Jason is hanging out in stalk. Moving the abilities around is not a good idea at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Some of us do the same thing. Tend to the objectives, and prep some of the cabins before the hunt begins.

Let's say you started with Stalk. A disadvantage is that focused counselors could potentially get objectives completed easier and faster, while you run / power walk to them.

If we had the ability to customize the order of Jason's abilities, that could lead to some interesting outcomes. I don't know if we'll ever see that happen.

I’m saying stalk should go after morph. I completely disagree with a person saying morph shouldn’t always go first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...