DontZzz34

Using the Sweater for things other than killing Jason?

Using the Sweater for things other than killing Jason?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Using the Sweater for things other than killing Jason?

• Yes
    • No

@gtdjlocker311 think whatever you want. Jason was on me the majority of the game while the so called team was doing absolutely nothing. Chase was fun and I wanted to continue it so I got the sweater to help me survive. Think I can do that if I want to. Maybe the people who wanted Jason killed could learn to do something else other than a whole lot of nothing and only kill Jason every game. They had plenty of time to escape in the car, call cops, etc. why should I care for the betterment of the group especially when they didn’t complete a single objective except call tommy (oh boy) or even check up on me the entire game. They only seen I had the sweater and wanted me for their help when they didn’t help me. And I was actually going to use it for tommy towards the end

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

@gtdjlocker311 think whatever you want. Jason was on me the majority of the game while the so called team was doing absolutely nothing. Chase was fun and I wanted to continue it so I got the sweater to help me survive. Think I can do that if I want to. Maybe the people who wanted Jason killed could learn to do something else other than a whole lot of nothing and only kill Jason every game. They had plenty of time to escape in the car, call cops, etc. why should I care for the betterment of the group especially when they didn’t complete a single objective except call tommy (oh boy) or even check up on me the entire game. They only seen I had the sweater and wanted me for their help when they didn’t help me. And I was actually going to use it for tommy towards the end

Listen dude.  I'm not trying to offend you.  I'm sure you're a perfectly nice guy.  And trust me, I've played with plenty of shit lobbies who do NOTHING to help the team.  

You presented a case wherein the other guys had everything set up other than the one thing they needed to accomplish their goal, which you had.  You asked if we agreed with your decision to go your own way instead of helping them out with their goal (which again, they couldn't accomplish without you).

I personally think it's a dick move.  It doesn't mean I'm insulting you, it doesn't mean I think you're never a team player.  It's my opinion.  I don't see why we can't agree to disagree on this.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

You presented a case wherein the other guys had everything set up other than the one thing they needed to accomplish their goal, which you had.  You asked if we agreed with your decision to go your own way instead of helping them out with their goal (which again, they couldn't accomplish without you).

I personally think it's a dick move.  It doesn't mean I'm insulting you, it doesn't mean I think you're never a team player.  It's my opinion.  I don't see why we can't agree to disagree on this.

@DontZzz34And that is how I took the post. You did ask if the sweater could be used to do other things but we all kno that it can. so I think the question turned into did you do the right thing by refusing to use sweater to kill Jason. Because it does come across as you basically saying as this, no I won’t help you kill Jason, I want the sweater Incase he gets too close to me. If you would’ve posted I was gonna help them kill Jason after 5-10 minutes I would not have had too much of an issue. But whatever misunderstandings by all. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2019 at 6:11 PM, DontZzz34 said:

Well surviving the night is way harder so why not use it to help with that? It can be the difference between life and death. 

The average player should probably leave the sweater alone unless they're going for the kill. By the time the sweater animation plays out Jason will be getting out of the stun. And then the sweater girl becomes an easy target.

However if you know how to get past the sweater animation then using the sweater at the right time could help guarantee an escape or buy you some time to distance yourself from Jason. I say it's situational and depends on the skill of the player.

23 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Listen dude.  I'm not trying to offend you.  I'm sure you're a perfectly nice guy.  And trust me, I've played with plenty of shit lobbies who do NOTHING to help the team.  

We cool man. No offense taken

28 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

The average player should probably leave the sweater alone unless they're going for the kill. By the time the sweater animation plays out Jason will be getting out of the stun. And then the sweater girl becomes an easy target.

However if you know how to get past the sweater animation then using the sweater at the right time could help guarantee an escape or buy you some time to distance yourself from Jason. I say it's situational and depends on the skill of the player.

I mean who cares, anyone can take the sweater if they want to. Average, skilled, below average, above average, etc. doesn’t matter. That’s their choice. And no one can be told how to play. If you know how to bypass the locked in animation, it can really help guranteee an escape or survival which is a huge benefit to the sweater. 

22 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I mean who cares, anyone can take the sweater if they want to. Average, skilled, below average, above average, etc. doesn’t matter. That’s their choice. And no one can be told how to play.

True but I only like to promote wise tactics. Average potato from QP shouldn't touch the sweater unless he's going for the kill and the mask is ALREADY off. There's no reason to screw over the rest of the lobby because out of Stam Deborah with no spray or pk gets a little chilly and decides to grab the sweater 3 minutes into the match. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

True but I only like to promote wise tactics. Average potato from QP shouldn't touch the sweater unless he's going for the kill and the mask is ALREADY off. There's no reason to screw over the rest of the lobby because out of Stam Deborah with no spray or pk gets a little chilly and decides to grab the sweater 3 minutes into the match. 

I can see where you’re coming from. Taking the sweater right at game start is just a bad idea overall anyway. 

4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

How do you bypass the sweater animation?  I seem to remember in a previous patch, I could stun Jason with the sweater then stun him with a bat.  Nowadays, by the time I can move again, he's already out of his sweater-stun animation.

1 hour ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

How do you bypass the sweater animation?  I seem to remember in a previous patch, I could stun Jason with the sweater then stun him with a bat.  Nowadays, by the time I can move again, he's already out of his sweater-stun animation.

I'm pretty sure I cant post that here because it's considered an exploit. But I'm sure you could look it up on YouTube. 

On 9/10/2019 at 3:09 PM, gtdjlocker311 said:

Poor analogies.  No, it's not like those, because the person is only asking you to use it for the betterment of the group, not to let them have it.

A better analogy would be this: your friends and you are on a road trip.  You call shotgun, and then you refuse to work the radio.  Your friends in the backseat would like for you to play them some sweet tunes, but "NO!" you say.  "I can do whatever I want in the passenger seat, and I choose to sleep!  None of you can tell me what to do," you say, probably as you cross your arms and exhale loudly to prove your childish point.  Your friends can't operate the radio from the backseat, and you refuse to use your seat for the betterment of the group.  Sure, the front seat is more comfortable, but you could sleep in the backseat allowing your friends to do what they want as well.  Just like you can survive the night without the sweater (GIT GUD), but they can't kill Jason without it.  Yeah, sure, you're within your rights to do as you like, but gee, you're a dick.  And a selfish one, at that.

I am not the selfish one here... that would be you, demanding that someone do as you tell them... The very definition of selfish behavior.
   My analogies were not poor at all... you just didn't like them. If a player grabs the sweater and does not want to use it to kill Jason, sorry about your luck... try again next match... I have been screamed at in various languages and levels of rudeness for not giving up a pocket knife to sweater girl so they have a better chance at killing Jason... Instead, I used it on a trap and got the cops called so EVERYONE could escape if they could make it to the exit... But I am the asshole?... I am selfish?... Your own words point to you being the selfish one here, not me. Perhaps you should google the meaning of selfish... you may find a picture of yourself there.

As to your example above... The driver of the car would have final say on what is played on the radio, and who sits where and literally anything else that happens in the car... If someone wants to be a dick like that in a car, it is the driver that needs to pull over and boot them the fuck out of the car... Calling "shotgun" does not mean you get to sit where you want, that is up to the driver. Talk about poor analogies... this one takes the cake and has NOTHING to do with what we are talking about as the DRIVER can very well tell ANYONE in THEIR frickin' car what to do, or they do not get to stay in the car... do they?... If they do not like the driver's "rules" for getting a ride in their car... EVERYONE is welcome to walk.
   We are talking about playing a game... You do not get to be in charge, I do not get to be in charge... no one really gets to be in charge unless the other players are willing to do what that person says... and if they do not want to follow your orders, then tough nugums.
   Also... I am not the one that needs to "git gud" apparently... I do very well for myself in this game already. Perhaps you should "git gud" at just one other aspect of the game other than trying to kill Jason... then you would not have to cry so much when someone else has to go for the sweater because they found nothing worthwhile in ANY drawers, or campsites, or anywhere else for that matter... Maybe you should offer them a trade for the sweater... a pocket knife? a med spray?... something would be nice instead of expecting someone else to do your bidding with ZERO incentive. Being polite and asking does work more often than not... so long as you were not an asshole to that player earlier... If that is the case... good luck getting that player to help you in any way.

My whole point is... You do not get to tell others how to play... Thinking that I am wrong about this would make you an asshole... Telling me to "git gud" when I was never the player doing this might even confirm this... Calling me a "dick" and  "selfish" solidifies it... I don't take the sweater for no reason... but neither would I ever bitch someone out for taking it and not wanting to help with a Jason kill. that is THEIR choice to make, not mine and certainly not yours.
   I got news for you... I actually play for the team, even when EVERYONE else in a match does not... But I am a dick am I?... I am selfish am I?... The asshole in this conversation has truly revealed himself.

9 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I am not the selfish one here... that would be you, demanding that someone do as you tell them... The very definition of selfish behavior.
   My analogies were not poor at all... you just didn't like them. If a player grabs the sweater and does not want to use it to kill Jason, sorry about your luck... try again next match... I have been screamed at in various languages and levels of rudeness for not giving up a pocket knife to sweater girl so they have a better chance at killing Jason... Instead, I used it on a trap and got the cops called so EVERYONE could escape if they could make it to the exit... But I am the asshole?... I am selfish?... Your own words point to you being the selfish one here, not me. Perhaps you should google the meaning of selfish... you may find a picture of yourself there.

As to your example above... The driver of the car would have final say on what is played on the radio, and who sits where and literally anything else that happens in the car... If someone wants to be a dick like that in a car, it is the driver that needs to pull over and boot them the fuck out of the car... Calling "shotgun" does not mean you get to sit where you want, that is up to the driver. Talk about poor analogies... this one takes the cake and has NOTHING to do with what we are talking about as the DRIVER can very well tell ANYONE in THEIR frickin' car what to do, or they do not get to stay in the car... do they?... If they do not like the driver's "rules" for getting a ride in their car... EVERYONE is welcome to walk.
   We are talking about playing a game... You do not get to be in charge, I do not get to be in charge... no one really gets to be in charge unless the other players are willing to do what that person says... and if they do not want to follow your orders, then tough nugums.
   Also... I am not the one that needs to "git gud" apparently... I do very well for myself in this game already. Perhaps you should "git gud" at just one other aspect of the game other than trying to kill Jason... then you would not have to cry so much when someone else has to go for the sweater because they found nothing worthwhile in ANY drawers, or campsites, or anywhere else for that matter... Maybe you should offer them a trade for the sweater... a pocket knife? a med spray?... something would be nice instead of expecting someone else to do your bidding with ZERO incentive. Being polite and asking does work more often than not... so long as you were not an asshole to that player earlier... If that is the case... good luck getting that player to help you in any way.

My whole point is... You do not get to tell others how to play... Thinking that I am wrong about this would make you an asshole... Telling me to "git gud" when I was never the player doing this might even confirm this... Calling me a "dick" and  "selfish" solidifies it... I don't take the sweater for no reason... but neither would I ever bitch someone out for taking it and not wanting to help with a Jason kill. that is THEIR choice to make, not mine and certainly not yours.
   I got news for you... I actually play for the team, even when EVERYONE else in a match does not... But I am a dick am I?... I am selfish am I?... The asshole in this conversation has truly revealed himself.

Lighten up, Francis.

I wasn't calling you anything.  I was giving my opinion on a hypothetical situation, before you came in throwing a tantrum about how no one gets to tell you what to do. 

Personally I used to get the sweater every game I could. It has plenty of uses outside of killing Jason. It also is a fun thing to mock Jason about. 

You can do whatever you want with the sweater.  But dont be surprised if people are pissed you didnt use it to help kill Jason.  If Jason dies everyone gets the bonus points. So ya its a bit of a dick move if Tommy is on the scene and wants to kill jason.  

Ahab is the kind of random Id gleefully run over with the car.

I mean, no one can tell *me* how to play, right?

If im in a game, and I end up being a female counselor.   And Jason is a low level.  I''ll grab the sweater asap.   

Basically safe guarding the game from annoying try hard Jason killers from any early kills.      Maybe help kill Jason near the end of the game, maybe not.    Depends..lol

Especially nowadays on xbox with F13th going free with Games with Gold.  Not about to let try hards chase away the new bloods.