DontZzz34

Using the Sweater for things other than killing Jason?

Using the Sweater for things other than killing Jason?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Using the Sweater for things other than killing Jason?

• Yes
    • No

Tonight I got the sweater mainly to help me survive the night, which was my goal of the match. Then I have the entire lobby giving me crap for not using it immediately. Tommy kept following me around with an axe ready to kill Jason. I responded, “going into a game and killing Jason right away is boring. I like surviving.” Who agrees the sweater can be used for things other than the kill? Or disagrees?

Kind of a double edged sword really. I understand, and have used the sweater for that very purpose. But I feel like as long as the Jason isn't a noob, and the others wanting to go for the kill aren't dicks. You should probably at least give it a shot. I feel the same way about being Tommy. 

I honestly think the only purpose the sweater has is to kill Jason. 

As easy as it is to kill Jason, there's no other reason to get it unless you're going for the kill. 

For me, I don't go for the sweater unless I'm going for the kill. Or, creating a distraction for teammates who are working on something. In the latter example most times I won't grab the sweater, unless I have a PK. If I have the sweater I'll go for the kill, the longer I stall on that the higher the possibility of teammates dying. But, if Tommy is dead then it's used as a extra stun.

5 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I think that kinda makes you a dick.

If one grabs the sweater and wastes it, then I can see that line of reasoning.

5 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Kind of a double edged sword really. I understand, and have used the sweater for that very purpose. But I feel like as long as the Jason isn't a noob, and the others wanting to go for the kill aren't dicks. You should probably at least give it a shot. I feel the same way about being Tommy. 

The key there is finding players who aren't total dicks and want to play the game as intended. If it's a lobby with less than honorable players, then all bets are off.

4 hours ago, SirMang said:

As easy as it is to kill Jason, there's no other reason to get it unless you're going for the kill. 

Many players feel the sweater should only be used for the Jason kill. Like other items in this game, it has more than one use.

3 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

For me, I don't go for the sweater unless I'm going for the kill. Or, creating a distraction for teammates who are working on something. In the latter example most times I won't grab the sweater, unless I have a PK. If I have the sweater I'll go for the kill, the longer I stall on that the higher the possibility of teammates dying. But, if Tommy is dead then it's used as a extra stun.

At least you still get use out of it if Tommy dies.

6 hours ago, SirMang said:

Well surviving the night is way harder so why not use it to help with that? It can be the difference between life and death. 

On 9/8/2019 at 4:57 AM, DontZzz34 said:

Tonight I got the sweater mainly to help me survive the night, which was my goal of the match. Then I have the entire lobby giving me crap for not using it immediately. Tommy kept following me around with an axe ready to kill Jason. I responded, “going into a game and killing Jason right away is boring. I like surviving.” Who agrees the sweater can be used for things other than the kill? Or disagrees?

Use the sweater however you want to use it... Crybabies want to cry because you wanted to do something other than what they want to do... are just crybabies. As long as we play within the rules.... NO ONE gets to tell ANYONE how they should play the game.

On 9/8/2019 at 11:35 AM, gtdjlocker311 said:

I think that kinda makes you a dick.

Telling someone else how they should play a game makes that person the dick, NOT the other way around. If someone does not want to kill Jason, you would be a dick for trying to force them into doing what you want... If someone wants to grab the sweater for their own purposes, maybe you should have got to it before they did if you wanted to use it.
    I will help kill squads if they are polite... but when someone orders me to do ANYTHING, it is not going to happen... Neither will it happen if they are rude... whether it is rude to me, or ANYONE else in the game without that person getting rude with them first... The only thing that gives any kind of reason for getting rude with someone is when the other person gets rude first... and make no mistake, telling another person how they should do something counter to what they want to do with it IS RUDE. Try asking politely... and if they still don't want to help you with what you want to do... then too bad. Other players will play how they want to play, not how you want them to play... Neither you, nor me nor ANYONE else has ANY right to tell ANYONE else what to do.

• Like 1

@Ahab speaking the truth. Players who wanna tell other people how to play is exactly like the players that complain about Jason’s who slash. 

But here's the thing...you deciding to keep the sweater for yourself and NOT use it for Tommy to get the kill means you're essentially telling THAT player how to play the game.  

The main use of the sweater is to stun Jason for the kill.  When other players are set to kill, but you decided you're a special snowflake who "doesn't have to listen to anybody" and wants to use the sweater your own way, YES, YOU ARE BEING A DICK.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

But here's the thing...you deciding to keep the sweater for yourself and NOT use it for Tommy to get the kill means you're essentially telling THAT player how to play the game.  

The main use of the sweater is to stun Jason for the kill.  When other players are set to kill, but you decided you're a special snowflake who "doesn't have to listen to anybody" and wants to use the sweater your own way, YES, YOU ARE BEING A DICK.

No it’s just that most players think that’s the main use for the sweater is for the kill which is wrong. You can grab the sweater and use it to survive the night, save players and use it as a stun to slow down Jason and be the hero when Jason’s in rage, to help get the car/boat started when Jason’s in rage, help get cops called, etc..... players that think it’s ONLY for the kill just flat out don’t think outside the box

43 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

No it’s just that most players think that’s the main use for the sweater is for the kill which is wrong. You can grab the sweater and use it to survive the night, save players and use it as a stun to slow down Jason and be the hero when Jason’s in rage, to help get the car/boat started when Jason’s in rage, help get cops called, etc..... players that think it’s ONLY for the kill just flat out don’t think outside the box

I'm not disagreeing that it can be used for other purposes.  Obviously it can.  I'm saying I side with the people who thought you were being a selfish dick when all of them wanted you to be a team player and use it for the kill and you refused.

No offense, I'm a dick sometimes too.  But I think in this case, yes they were right and you were wrong.

1 hour ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

I pretty much agree w @DontZzz34 on everything,  but I’m really surprised you didn’t try and get the kill when tommy asked you. I’m 100% w @gtdjlocker311. I know you can do other things w the sweater but c’mon @DontZzz34 how can you not agree that the main purpose for the sweater is to kill Jason. I’m Sorry if I’m assuming you would do this 🙄  but if you were Tommy and asked sg to help kill jason and they said no, you’d probably would make a post about here. I’d like to start a poll asking when you or someone else gets the sweater, what’s the first thing that pops in your mind? I’d be surprised if Surviving the night or helping people escape would get a quarter of the votes. I think you do that shit when tommy escapes/sucks or dead. And I’m not telling you how to play. I think the question here should be, What DO YOU THINK about telling a willing tommy no killing Jason is boring if he asked you to help?( sorry I’m getting tired so I’m not really writing my thought in the best way.)

@AhabI’ve noticed that you’ve written a few times about asking politely. I’m really curious, have had people come to you in a way that said You better help me kill Jason mother fucker? ive always had players say something along the lines of “do you wanna kill Jason?” W excitement 

When I have the sweater my main goal is to kill Jason but if I can't I use it for holding off against Jason when I am running to the police and Jason is on me and I don't have any weapons or pocket knifes I use the sweater to hold Jason back for a few moments or if Jason doesn't have his mask on and I have the sweater and I am playing with friends we use the sweater than knock him down so Jason gets held back.

The stance on this topic hasn't really changed. When I polled it months ago, the majority of participants felt the sweater was a situational item.

As it is first come first serve, the use of the sweater depends on the intentions of the player grabbing it. It will benefit some, and hinder others.

1 hour ago, NickersLarge said:

I pretty much agree w @DontZzz34 on everything,  but I’m really surprised you didn’t try and get the kill when tommy asked you. I’m 100% w @gtdjlocker311. I know you can do other things w the sweater but c’mon @DontZzz34 how can you not agree that the main purpose for the sweater is to kill Jason. I’m Sorry if I’m assuming you would do this 🙄  but if you were Tommy and asked sg to help kill jason and they said no, you’d probably would make a post about here. I’d like to start a poll asking when you or someone else gets the sweater, what’s the first thing that pops in your mind? I’d be surprised if Surviving the night or helping people escape would get a quarter of the votes. I think you do that shit when tommy escapes/sucks or dead. And I’m not telling you how to play. I think the question here should be, What DO YOU THINK about telling a willing tommy no killing Jason is boring if he asked you to help?( sorry I’m getting tired so I’m not really writing my thought in the best way.)

I mean I definitely would’ve helped tommy with the kill eventually since they asked. I wanted to survive a bit first. It’s so boring to just go into a game and kill Jason and boom it’s over. Fuck that. It’s fun to go on a chase and try to survive Jason for awhile. That’s the way the game SHOULD be. At least that’s what I think anyway. Jason shouldn’t ever get killed till towards the end. 

The main purpose is the kill but it has other good purposes to and the one who gets the sweater first can do whatever they want with it. People can’t tell them what to do and how to use it. That’s just wrong to tell other players how to play. 

If someone had the sweater and they told me they wanted to survive I’d be all for it. I’d watch over them and have their back the whole time. Surviving is fun. 

9 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I mean I definitely would’ve helped tommy with the kill eventually since they asked. I wanted to survive a bit first. It’s so boring to just go into a game and kill Jason and boom it’s over. Fuck that. It’s fun to go on a chase and try to survive Jason for awhile. That’s the way the game SHOULD be. At least that’s what I think anyway. Jason shouldn’t ever get killed till towards the end. 

The main purpose is the kill but it has other good purposes to and the one who gets the sweater first can do whatever they want with it. People can’t tell them what to do and how to use it. That’s just wrong to tell other players how to play. 

If someone had the sweater and they told me they wanted to survive I’d be all for it. I’d watch over them and have their back the whole time. Surviving is fun. 

Fair enough.  I guess I read it wrong. I thought you basically said no I’m not going to kill Jason at all,  And you just wanted the sweater so you could survive the night. I wish I liked being a councilor that much. I just want to go in the match and escape ( preferably w the boat ). Or  I grab the sweater and if Tommy’s called Ifind him and see if he wants to kill em. Unfortunately for the most part when I find him he’s a passenger in one of the vehicles 😕. But if I’m the last one and nothing’s done and I kno there’s more than 3 minutes left. I let him kill me. Mainly to keep the full lobby full.  I kno I get board watching other people run around the map. 

On a side note, I kno they can’t but I would love to watch Jason in qp. Do you ever have matches where 1-2 are left and a few minutes go by a Jason is nowhere to be found. I wanna kno wtf he’s doing because I’m always on someone I try and kill everyone w stalk but I think they need to fix it to where you the player actually sees jason. I only kno he’s there because the councilor scream. Damn that be pretty bad ass and a game changer. If you’re in stalk they don’t scream unless he is somewhere on the screen where you can see him. Out of stalk they can scream normally.  That would definitely make the game scarier. 

15 minutes ago, NickersLarge said:

Fair enough.  I guess I read it wrong. I thought you basically said no I’m not going to kill Jason at all,  And you just wanted the sweater so you could survive the night. I wish I liked being a councilor that much. I just want to go in the match and escape ( preferably w the boat ). Or  I grab the sweater and if Tommy’s called Ifind him and see if he wants to kill em. Unfortunately for the most part when I find him he’s a passenger in one of the vehicles 😕. But if I’m the last one and nothing’s done and I kno there’s more than 3 minutes left. I let him kill me. Mainly to keep the full lobby full.  I kno I get board watching other people run around the map. 

On a side note, I kno they can’t but I would love to watch Jason in qp. Do you ever have matches where 1-2 are left and a few minutes go by a Jason is nowhere to be found. I wanna kno wtf he’s doing because I’m always on someone I try and kill everyone w stalk but I think they need to fix it to where you the player actually sees jason. I only kno he’s there because the councilor scream. Damn that be pretty bad ass and a game changer. If you’re in stalk they don’t scream unless he is somewhere on the screen where you can see him. Out of stalk they can scream normally.  That would definitely make the game scarier. 

I mean it was my goal to survive the night. I should’ve worded it differently that, I wanted to at least try and survive awhile till I used the sweater for tommy. But no one was down for that like I was. I guess it’s fun to me to get chased by Jason. Give me a Pk and spray and I’ll try to survive the night. If I don’t have any supplies I’ll usually try and escape if an opportunity is open for it. Surviving without supplies is almost impossible lol. 

I don’t think it’d be fair to spectate Jason. You could call out his location to your party you’re in. And this would make using stalk pointless for Jason that’s going against people playing in a party. 

The sweater isn't too helpful outside of using it for the kill. When it is used you are stuck in animation (I know there is prob still a glitch to get out of this somehow, im not interested in) for just about as long as Jason is, so it doesn't give you a free getaway like a pocket knife or weapon stun would.

• Like 1

I tend to avoid going into the shack until I know tommy is in play and on board with a kill attempt. The earlier you grab the sweater, the better chance Jason has of finding and killing you before you and Tommy hook up, especially if he has booby-trapped the shack and you have no PK. However, once tommy has been eliminated,  I have used the sweater as an extra defense to give me a chance to escape, and it's worked a few times. But to grab it and hold it when others need it, I suppose it's no different than holding the fuse or keys so no one else can use it, generally frowned upon. But I've played with people who have done far worse than that, so to each their own.  Cheers, and game on, my friends 

20 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

@Ahab speaking the truth. Players who wanna tell other people how to play is exactly like the players that complain about Jason’s who slash. 

Complaining about a slashing Jason is literally saying they should not slash... Listening to one's opponent's orders is detrimental to one's chances to actually "win".
    Letting other players boss you around in a match is detrimental as well... Who put that person in charge in the first place?... How is it they know what's best for you to do? Teamwork is a thing, and is very important in this game... But teamwork does not require someone ordering others about. I for one do not respond well to orders, particularly not when given to me by strangers... let alone the person signing my paycheque... and if they get rude about it, I assure you... I can get far ruder than they can... I just never get rude first. There are already enough assholes in the world.
    Some players need to realize that asking politely actually works sometimes... shouting orders at people is not going to go well for them... and if the player does not want to do what they want them too, then they need to accept that they are not the boss... And even if they were "the boss"... sometimes, that person can easily find another job working for someone who is not an asshole... Skilled labor has its perks... this is one of them.

17 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Not anymore than someone taking a pocket knife for themselves and not handing it over when you order them to so you can use it for something else. Not any more than someone finding a med spray for themselves and not handing it over when ordered to because you need it for yourself. Not anymore than someone finding a weapon and not handing it over when ordered to because you wanted to use it for yourself... Not any more than someone not giving up their seat in a vehicle because they were ordered to because you wanted a ride... are you seeing a pattern here... I am.
    If a player grabs ANYTHING... and you tell them what they HAVE TO do with it... Make no mistake... YOU are the entitled snowflake. You do not get to tell other people how to play this, or any other game... and believing that you do have this right makes you the snowflake, not the other person... Calling someone a dick because you didn't get your way also makes you an entitled snowflake... Don't try to justify shit behavior... it will not go well for you.

15 hours ago, NickersLarge said:

@AhabI’ve noticed that you’ve written a few times about asking politely. I’m really curious, have had people come to you in a way that said You better help me kill Jason mother fucker? ive always had players say something along the lines of “do you wanna kill Jason?” W excitement 

Yes, I have had many players approach me politely to ask for help when I respawn as Tommy... or when I have been the final girl to grab the sweater for the kill. Some of these same players were EXTREMELY rude to other players (which happen to be the friends I am playing with) in that same match, or a previous match... or even on a previous night and I just remember them and what they did last time... I have a VERY good memory... I am what some people call "an unforgiving prick"... And I learned to be unforgiving because I was once too forgiving. People do not change, they just become more of what they actually are... and forgiveness is a license for escalation. I have lived long enough, and known many people way more than long enough to have learned this the hard way... and I am not one for repeating mistakes.
    But, I also run into many players (and people in general) that are not assholes. I may be an unforgiving prick in the opinion of literally every asshole I have ever had to deal with more than once in my life... people do tend to get upset when you don't give them a second chance to screw you over... But if someone who has not yet proven to be an asshole can be polite, and ask me for help... I feel compelled to help them... By polite... I don't mean "please" and "thank you"... I mean, NOT being an asshole... to me... or to anyone else.
    When an asshole calls me (or anyone else) an asshole for not wanting to do what they want me (or anyone else) to do... to the rest of the world (or at least those people with actual brains in their heads), the real asshole is made apparent... and I doubt these same assholes would EVER feel compelled to help someone just because they asked for help... unless it was already in line with what they wanted to do for themselves anyway.
    Yes... even an asshole can be polite at times... But if I already know them to be an asshole from a previous encounter... they get no help from me. But neither do I go out of my way to screw over what they are doing either... Unless they have tried doing the same to me or my friends in the past... then all bets are off. 
    I am now wondering if I have beat my own record on the use of the word asshole in one post.

And yes... I have actually had players tell me... "You better frickin' help us kill Jason"... or words to a similar effect... I get a good laugh out of these idiots that think they can order people around.
    I do play with a couple of damned good Jason hunters now and again... and they are some of the most polite people you could ever meet. Yet still, some people will grab the sweater and run away giggling, or don't bother to help as Tommy... Non of us get rude with these people, we simply try again in the next match... Its not like a match with no attempt to kill Jason actually counts towards their ratio of Jason kills vs failed attempts... To be included in this ratio... for success or failure... and attempt actually has to be made.
    A bit of a drawn out answer... but literally everything is more complicated than most people think.

Also... boat escapes are my favored way out of camp whenever possible as well... they are always worth a shot. I almost never instigate a hunt for Jason... I prefer escaping with as many other counselors as possible... or at least making escape possible for as many others that can get away. I try to contribute as much as possible to the team in any match I play.

5 hours ago, NickersLarge said:

On a side note, I kno they can’t but I would love to watch Jason in qp. Do you ever have matches where 1-2 are left and a few minutes go by a Jason is nowhere to be found. I wanna kno wtf he’s doing because I’m always on someone I try and kill everyone w stalk but I think they need to fix it to where you the player actually sees jason.

Due to rampant complaints of "teaming"... this will never happen... and needs to stay that way. If it ever was put in game, stalk would need to remove him from spectate at the very least. For honest players... this would make spectating much more fun... its too bad there are so many dishonest players out there to ruin it for everyone else.
    You can, however, watch Jason from spectate in private matches... if you can convince your friends to play private matches. Most of my friends are not used to team killing and do not like private matches because of this... Not because some purposefully kill other players... but because they have a hell of a time knocking another player free of Jason's grip without killing the player in his grip... So I rarely get into private matches... even when I have a full lobby of friends... Either way, I leave it for the group to make decisions that affect the group.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Not anymore than someone taking a pocket knife for themselves and not handing it over when you order them to so you can use it for something else. Not any more than someone finding a med spray for themselves and not handing it over when ordered to because you need it for yourself. Not anymore than someone finding a weapon and not handing it over when ordered to because you wanted to use it for yourself... Not any more than someone not giving up their seat in a vehicle because they were ordered to because you wanted a ride... are you seeing a pattern here... I am.
    If a player grabs ANYTHING... and you tell them what they HAVE TO do with it... Make no mistake... YOU are the entitled snowflake. You do not get to tell other people how to play this, or any other game... and believing that you do have this right makes you the snowflake, not the other person... Calling someone a dick because you didn't get your way also makes you an entitled snowflake... Don't try to justify shit behavior... it will not go well for you.

Poor analogies.  No, it's not like those, because the person is only asking you to use it for the betterment of the group, not to let them have it.

A better analogy would be this: your friends and you are on a road trip.  You call shotgun, and then you refuse to work the radio.  Your friends in the backseat would like for you to play them some sweet tunes, but "NO!" you say.  "I can do whatever I want in the passenger seat, and I choose to sleep!  None of you can tell me what to do," you say, probably as you cross your arms and exhale loudly to prove your childish point.  Your friends can't operate the radio from the backseat, and you refuse to use your seat for the betterment of the group.  Sure, the front seat is more comfortable, but you could sleep in the backseat allowing your friends to do what they want as well.  Just like you can survive the night without the sweater (GIT GUD), but they can't kill Jason without it.  Yeah, sure, you're within your rights to do as you like, but gee, you're a dick.  And a selfish one, at that.