So far in the beta the weapons I have in my hand I try to use when I'm cornered and out of stamina.

At least try to fight cause you get points if you do hit and you get stamina back for that too I believe.

An this is of course me talking about the counselors side, I do get confused why people have a weapon

if they don't use it in their final moments, even though they may get lucky. I also feel it's emotionally boosting

to know at least you tried to hit him. I know the fighting mechanics aren't the best concerning how far of the distance

you and Jason has to be to hit him and after one swing you instantly get grabbed by him cause it's like you almost miss

every time even though you had a real face to face moment. Jason's attacking mechanics are quickly on par you can

click a button and he will instantly do a quick slice attack while the counselors does this slow tiring swing animation.

Feels not as fair if we wanna talk about balanced in a way, we should have both Jason and the counselors attack the same way just saying, I'm still confused.

Also I feel most people grab weapons for comfort and still think of themselves not as strong, of course but feeling brave enough and calculating

your stance towards Jason's should give you a upper hand. Jason players are going in so hard cause it's suppose to be a breeze while counselor

players have to figure out the confusing system process and learn how to survive more every match. Also I get that internet connection making one or the other

lag out could be the cause of missed hits but me having good connection matches not really. I'm just bringing this up cause I didn't find a thread for this topic and possibly

everyones concern as well the only thing I see people use is mainly the shot-gun but then you gotta be really close and Jason is bobbing and weaving and the person playing

him is taunting you on mic and he can grab you without his model touching your models body, I feel like they should be that close for Jason to pick a counselor up. Not from a far.

ADDED EDIT :

It's hard for me to say anything is wrong but seeing other peoples actions, there is something up I feel about the melee combat/battling scenarios that I don't see much of.

Could be not on peoples minds of course but saying only if you are in a pinch to start fighting.

• Like 1

Weapons are pretty much useless feom what I gather. Sure the gun may buy you some time if you knock him down, but he will just get up and morph to you location. Weapons have to be used in close to him, but that almost guarentees your death getting that close.

All weapons/combat is useless. Counselors take AGES to swing and recover from a swing. So long that Jason can kill you while your still in the animation. It might be too early to judge bc we don't have the Jock or the Edgy Guy. But still if those guys have the terrible attack animation strength will be useless.

ImO only usefull weapons are Pocket Knives & The Shotgun. The gun will always stun Jason.

However don't waste the bullet shooting Jason if he grabbed someone. Also when you play Tommy Jarvis don't hunt Jason just to shoot him.

• Like 1

Extra Xp if you stun him, though, that's tempting to me.

Really though, the two best power players in the game aren't in it, as in the Jock and (I think) Edgy Guy. Not sure on Tommy.

So the meta for fighting successfully, to a degree at least, isn't really there. It's mainly running/stealthy/fixer counselors in the Beta, so you won't get the full benefit yet.

The weapons are for saving your partners when Jason grab him.

You can use a heavy attack while he is busting through a door to get a guaranteed stun. It's really easy to land.

• Like 1

You can use a heavy attack while he is busting through a door to get a guaranteed stun. It's really easy to land.

If this is true that's actually REALLY cool... gotta be ballsy to try this move tho.

The weapons are for saving your partners when Jason grab him.

This seems to be their primary function. The dark souls style COMBAT MODE isn't all that useful it seems.