@mattshotcha 

Is there any possible way for you guys to fix combat stance? It’s very slow to get into block mode and that sometimes gets me stunned. On host, it’s fine but off host it’s bad. Is there a way for you guys to fix it off host?

Don’t forget the awful block/swing delay to in cs. 

And I doubt it’ll ever get fixed... sadly

matt was saying that any core mechanics are most likely not going to be changed due to the already pressing issues & limited time frame to complete them.

if any little change is possible, id vote for removing the "auto lock on" system in combat mode for both counsolers & jasons.

29 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

matt was saying that any core mechanics are most likely not going to be changed due to the already pressing issues & limited time frame to complete them.

if any little change is possible, id vote for removing the "auto lock on" system in combat mode for both counsolers & jasons.

What if it just locked on to whatever target your camera is angled at? I still like the lock on. Just not when it locks on to the wrong target 

18 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

What if it just locked on to whatever target your camera is angled at? I still like the lock on. Just not when it locks on to the wrong target 

i can dig that. i do like it too but it screws me over so bad sometimes that id rather it be gone ha ha ha

1 hour ago, glowing ooze said:

i can dig that. i do like it too but it screws me over so bad sometimes that id rather it be gone ha ha ha

I always use combat stance when I fight Jason and the lock on helps so much in this case. 1v1 fights as jason or counselor the lock on is great. But it really sucks when you’re trying to break a window or door down and it locks the wrong target. So annoying lol. I hear you on that. 

the only real problem with lock on as a counselor is when it locks onto the other counselors. it makes no sense. jason is the only thing you need to lock onto. why would i turn and face my team mate when jason is breaking down the door?

i use combat mode more as a way to maneuver & "recenter" my line of sight if jason is around so i know where he is in the dark.. i use similar tactics as jason, like walking backwards and clicking in & out of combat into a jason jog to dodge attacks. i also use it to make jason think im going to fight him, then last second click out of combat & make a mad cowardly dash to the left or right. so really it makes no sense for me to want it removed all together, but like you subjested, tweak it so its not such a mess. i think that could easily be done on the counselors end by removing "friendly lock on".

as for jason voorhees.. this is where the lock on really puts my balls in a lobster tank. the counselors have one target. jason has seven targets. i really dont need to explain any farther!

back on subject to blocking.. id love to see that fixed. i can only use block occasionally for certain things because i dont trust it. you have to have trust in your buttons. i do see it as a big issue, but not big enough to really put any hope into seeing it fine tuned. it doesnt by any means break the game & you can still do well without it. although having a reliable block would definatly give jason much more of a chance at being able to manage groups of attackers and just overall being more deadly. which to me is the spirit of the game. having a deadly force high on your heels giving you little chance of survival....while blocking!

14 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

I'd say the simplest and best solution is to remove lock on. It would be a quick change for sure. Too many problems come from the lock on and removing it would make the combat actually quite skill-based in my opinion. Dodging could actually have merit.

22 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I'd say the simplest and best solution is to remove lock on. It would be a quick change for sure. Too many problems come from the lock on and removing it would make the combat actually quite skill-based in my opinion. Dodging could actually have merit.

Remove lock on?

how-about-no-meme-how-about-no-generate-

Im fine with removing lock on. Only purpose it serves to me is having Jason twitch out when im trying to break down a door and a counselor runs to the close wall to right or left to mess with target. Also in group fights you are stuck locked in on the same counselor instead of being able to switch to the guy behind sneaking up(atleast allow for toggle between targets!). the lockon is so pointless in current state..

4 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Im fine with removing lock on. Only purpose it serves to me is having Jason twitch out when im trying to break down a door and a counselor runs to the close wall to right or left to mess with target. Also in group fights you are stuck locked in on the same counselor instead of being able to switch to the guy behind sneaking up(atleast allow for toggle between targets!). the lockon is so pointless in current state..

Nooooo we need a lock on for counselors and Jason. It’s still important in combat even though it can be annoying at times. To fix it-

for counselors- only allow it to lock on to Jason only

for jason- allow him to toggle between targets

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

remove lock?

What do you say man, Jason has to have a block that works correctl

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Nooooo we need a lock on for counselors and Jason. It’s still important in combat even though it can be annoying at times. To fix it-

I almost forgot about the annoying counselor locking on to other counselor issue! haha im guessing that was put in when you could do damage to your fellow campers.. its completely useless now, but they prob don't know how to take it out without breaking a million other things, so there it stays...

Pleeeenty of games do fine with no combat lock-on. It's called aim. Just aim at the target. It's simple.

Wait a second, I bet the people that want it to stay can't play FPS games with both thumbs at the same time. I bet that's it.

23 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

☝️ This if combat only locked on Jason for counselors and allowed Jason to toggle it to different counselors like the ones behind him would be great!!

It would be a-lot more fluid and better to use.

• Like 1