Sometimes when I’m being chased by Jason, and he’s close but not swinging at me with his weapon, and I’m injured to a limp, I can’t use my health spray. I have the spray, and I’ve selected it in my inventory (it was actually that it was the only thing in my inventory at the time). This has happened twice so far, the most recent being when the police had arrived and I was at the exit when I discovered that Jason was waiting at the side and that he had put traps all around. I stepped in one and as soon as I got out of it, it made me step in another.

Jason wasn’t slashing me when I successfully got out and was about to use my health spray. I just couldn’t use it. The button to use it wouldn’t show up. I was thinking about dropping it and then picking it up again (which I should’ve done since I ended up pocket knifing him, but in the moment it wasn’t really something I could think of). Is it some kind of glitch where the health sprays sometimes don’t have the option to work, and that maybe dropping them then picking it up again might resolve that?

Or is it when fear goes up you can’t use it? I don’t recall that being the case though because even though my fear was heightened at the time, my screen wasn’t dark  (I could see both my mini map and inventory) so I wasn’t in the final stage of fear just yet, and I remember times where my fear was up yet I was able to use my sprays.

So I’m assuming this is some kind of glitch? Has anybody else experienced the same thing?

Yeah, I've experienced this before.  I always assumed it had something to do with fear level and not being able to use the item.  Very frustrating in those circumstances where you have the spray but can't use it.  Might be one of the many bugs this game has though rather than fear-related.

• Thanks 1

I don't think the character you're playing as has fear. I think it's the PLAYER. You're too scared to input the correct command into your widdle ickle controller!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, gmintz09 said:

Yeah, I've experienced this before.  I always assumed it had something to do with fear level and not being able to use the item.  Very frustrating in those circumstances where you have the spray but can't use it.  Might be one of the many bugs this game has though rather than fear-related.

I thought so, thanks!

9 hours ago, Dolemite said:

I don't think the character you're playing as has fear. I think it's the PLAYER. You're too scared to input the correct command into your widdle ickle controller!

LOL, good one.