Sign in to follow this  
RaidCasto

Pinehurst needs a loot fix

No one I play with likes playing this map.  Its just not fun.  Not only is it by far the biggest map, it has the worst loot ratio.  You can search 4 cabins amd come away with nothing.  I think for distances coumselors have to travel to objectives, it should have MORE loot than a standard map.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah I hate pinehurst map to unless I’m Jason. Lol and they also need to fix upstairs drawer in the bedroom that gets you stuck 

They *can* modify existing assets.  Proof when they added a 2nd tractor.(THAT got development time??)

The distances are huge for counselors to cover.  A smaller map might be more playable, but I think a simpler fix is just more weapons and knives.

The car needs to spawn at the main house grounds.

Gas can needs to spawn in barn in Pinehurst.

It's not my favorite map, but I don't completely dislike it. It's a welcome change from consecutive runs through the small maps.

• Like 1

I like Pine Hurst.

whenever I host I always switch to that map at least once or twice.....

I love the reactions from Packanack small mains...😂

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

It's not my favorite map, but I don't completely dislike it. It's a welcome change from consecutive runs through the small maps.

Agreed!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

37 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I like Pine Hurst.

whenever I host I always switch to that map on at least once or twice.....

Agreed!!

I personally can't stand that map. If I'm host I run through a rotation between the orginal three maps and the small maps. 

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I like Pine Hurst.

whenever I host I always switch to that map at least once or twice.....

Agreed!!

The salty reactions are priceless. 😎

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

I personally can't stand that map. If I'm host I run through a rotation between the orginal three maps and the small maps. 

It's not for everybody, but it's there. I use it accordingly. It does make for some interesting outcomes in a match.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

they also need to fix upstairs drawer in the bedroom that gets you stuck 

I really hope this is fixed next patch. Sometimes the fuse or keys are in that drawer. There is always some poor soul who tries to open that drawer and gets stuck.

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I do that I can't stand pine hurst it's so hard because you can spawn so far away from people trying to make a group can be hard to do I hate it when you find the gas for the car and the car is on the other side of the map same for the boat it's hard and just too big it is bigger than any of the other maps

If someone has it specifically picked, I'll usually go to another lobby.  I've had more teamer experiences on that map than anywhere.  I just don't like it anyway.

I escape/survive the night quite a bit on pinehurst. of course if you are just concentrating on looting and not getting parts to objectives, you will get behind the clock on Jason and be in some trouble. Dropping a part on the map when it is at opposite side of map helps no one. Run that shit on over and worry about getting your meds and knifes after you have done your part. 

Survive the night you can setup nicely. there is usually a big cabin up north and 2 small cabins with traps. There is always 2 big cabins and a small with trap over at camarillo. across the bridge at turtle pond is a big cabin. can work down to 2 small cabins to make hop over to southern camp that usually has 2 more big cabins. from there is reckless ridge house and then barn up north. and that still leaves you with the main house that has all sorts of rooms with doors and exit windows to gain some stamina and continue onward. Manage that stamina and dont blow your load and it is possible to survive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love this map because its within the spirit of the original dev videos about how challenging the game was going to be before it was released.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I escape/survive the night quite a bit on pinehurst. of course if you are just concentrating on looting and not getting parts to objectives, you will get behind the clock on Jason and be in some trouble. Dropping a part on the map when it is at opposite side of map helps no one. Run that shit on over and worry about getting your meds and knifes after you have done your part. 

Survive the night you can setup nicely. there is usually a big cabin up north and 2 small cabins with traps. There is always 2 big cabins and a small with trap over at camarillo. across the bridge at turtle pond is a big cabin. can work down to 2 small cabins to make hop over to southern camp that usually has 2 more big cabins. from there is reckless ridge house and then barn up north. and that still leaves you with the main house that has all sorts of rooms with doors and exit windows to gain some stamina and continue onward. Manage that stamina and dont blow your load and it is possible to survive.

Exactly!! I feel like I have earned it more than any other map when I escape or survive on Pine Hurst.

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

I love this map because its within the spirit of the original dev videos about how challenging the game was going to be before it was released.

Couldn’t agree more!

pinehurst is a great map, its just the hardest map to survive on.

i like how its split up by all the water & the main house is packed full of places to hide. id love to see a jarvis small & a pinehurst small...but...ya know....

5 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

pinehurst is a great map, its just the hardest map to survive on.

i like how its split up by all the water & the main house is packed full of places to hide. id love to see a jarvis small & a pinehurst small...but...ya know....

It will make you sweat sometimes. I enjoy the risks on that map.

It's the perfect map to play hide and seek. That's for sure.

• Like 1

Use Pinehurst or Jarvis map for boat badges. I prefer to be Jason on those maps.15 boat badges left for completion of all badges.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 3:23 PM, Redcat345 said:

I don't find Pinehurst any more challenging than any other map... I get most of my boat escapes on Pinehurst... And for some reason, I seem to have died more often as Jason on Pinehurst than other maps as well. Getting the car away on Pinehurst is also easy... Calling the cops does work well, but if you guess wrong, the size of the map makes it a long jog to the exit... which is hardly a big deal... Jason is usually waiting at the exit, not chasing people anymore at that point... And it is usually pretty easy to outmaneuver and get around Jason at the exit.
   I truly do not understand people's issue with this map.

On 9/2/2019 at 7:06 PM, RaidCasto said:

No one I play with likes playing this map.  Its just not fun.  Not only is it by far the biggest map, it has the worst loot ratio.  You can search 4 cabins amd come away with nothing.  I think for distances coumselors have to travel to objectives, it should have MORE loot than a standard map.

There is just as much loot in Pinehurst as every other map... There are nineteen buildings on Pinehurst, which is five more than Higgins... There are only a couple of spots where the distance between clusters of cabins is greater than on Crystal Lake, Packanack or Higgins... and it is in no way worse than Jarvis for these distances either. I escape often on this map and get more boat escapes on it than any other map... Not seeing your problem at all... Did you know it is possible on EVERY map to loot four cabins and find nothing?

On 9/2/2019 at 8:03 PM, RaidCasto said:

The distances are huge for counselors to cover.  A smaller map might be more playable, but I think a simpler fix is just more weapons and knives.

Take a look at the maps and tell me again how the distances are huge compared to other maps... We all have access to the maps and distances are PLAINLY visible and very easy to compare.
    The small maps suck... very sick of them all... So sick of them in fact that I will ask politely for a small map to be changed... If I receive no response, or a rude response... I will wait until the game starts... and leave with my entire group.