@mattshotcha

Given that attributes such as Stealth, Strength, Fear, and Composure could use a bit of reworking/ touch-up, I felt that this idea may be easier to implement. 

Now, I know I am one of very few who would want certain things made harder for counselor play, but also know how much people rely on these damned afterthought perks.  As stated back when Illfonic had their presentation on working on the game, when perks came up, they said it was an afterthought addition  and their impact to gameplay would be minimal (and as time has told, they are the ONLY thing the players have focused on). The amount of work to change up how they work and what they do would take quite a while to put together properly, so instead I came up with two ideas (I fully expect to hear contrary criticism, especially with these just off the top of my head) :

1.  Bring down the total +% on perks.  Nothing exceeding a +10% or +15% on anything.  This would help mitigate situations where, say, someone running TS could just tank a trap and run off with no negative impact (other than alerting Jason, but this is usually done by Chads/Vanessas who run off instantly anyway) and no need to heal.  Make these situations an actual choice: Do I tank a trap and help the team, or leave it for someone else to tank/pk disable it?

2a.  Make every tier of the perks REQUIRE a -% and make -1% the lowest possible (no more 0% impact on perks.)  Go as high as the highest +% could go (with this still being determined by RNG).  With only a handful of perks being used by a vast majority of players, these mandatory -%'s could help shake up playstyles and matches overall.

2b.  (This one may be the least wanted by players and is harsher than 2a)  Have each perks +% be met with an equal -% (say a +10% to TS also has a -10% to its negative side).  Have these perks and their side effects actually mean/do something.

1 hour ago, RustInPeace said:

@mattshotcha

Given that attributes such as Stealth, Strength, Fear, and Composure could use a bit of reworking/ touch-up, I felt that this idea may be easier to implement. 

Now, I know I am one of very few who would want certain things made harder for counselor play, but also know how much people rely on these damned afterthought perks.  As stated back when Illfonic had their presentation on working on the game, when perks came up, they said it was an afterthought addition  and their impact to gameplay would be minimal (and as time has told, they are the ONLY thing the players have focused on). The amount of work to change up how they work and what they do would take quite a while to put together properly, so instead I came up with two ideas (I fully expect to hear contrary criticism, especially with these just off the top of my head) :

1.  Bring down the total +% on perks.  Nothing exceeding a +10% or +15% on anything.  This would help mitigate situations where, say, someone running TS could just tank a trap and run off with no negative impact (other than alerting Jason, but this is usually done by Chads/Vanessas who run off instantly anyway) and no need to heal.  Make these situations an actual choice: Do I tank a trap and help the team, or leave it for someone else to tank/pk disable it?

2a.  Make every tier of the perks REQUIRE a -% and make -1% the lowest possible (no more 0% impact on perks.)  Go as high as the highest +% could go (with this still being determined by RNG).  With only a handful of perks being used by a vast majority of players, these mandatory -%'s could help shake up playstyles and matches overall.

2b.  (This one may be the least wanted by players and is harsher than 2a)  Have each perks +% be met with an equal -% (say a +10% to TS also has a -10% to its negative side).  Have these perks and their side effects actually mean/do something.

I think the percentages are fine as they are. Even a 1% thick skin will let you run without healing.

Given the sheer amount of time, and cp people have spent trying to get those perfect, no negatives perks. I think this would be a bit unfair. 

This wouldn't work at all. For one thing Hypochondriac would cancel itself out.

At this stage of the games life cycle a perk rework is unlikely. It's unfortunate as I had an idea to change sense avoidance perks which I really liked alot.

I don’t agree with these suggestions. Perks are fine as is and all the + percentages are fine. And I strongly believe legendary perks shouldn’t even have a - %. 

5 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I don’t agree with these suggestions. Perks are fine as is and all the + percentages are fine. And I strongly believe legendary perks shouldn’t even have a - %. 

You and me both.

• Confused 1

Any kind of perk rework would be nice and all. Let's get those major bugs fixed first.

Its too Easy to kill Tommy Jarvis.

Perks must be added to Tommy Jarvis to help him not to be injured so quickly.

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

Its too Easy to kill Tommy Jarvis.

Perks must be added to Tommy Jarvis to help him not to be injured so quickly.

The perks equipped to the counselor that comes back as Tommy should still carry over, unless something has changed.

23 hours ago, Fair Play said:

The perks equipped to the counselor that comes back as Tommy should still carry over, unless something has changed.

They do. If you use hypochondriac or medic, whichever gives the two use sprays, with Tommy, all you have to do is drop his initial spray and pick it back up, and it will have two uses.

37 minutes ago, KillerKnives said:

They do. If you use hypochondriac or medic, whichever gives the two use sprays, with Tommy, all you have to do is drop his initial spray and pick it back up, and it will have two uses.

I figured that was the case. Thanks for the confirmation.

Cool forum name by the way.