FridayThe31st

Jason In Block Mode Question

I know that Jason can block melee weapon attacks, which can end up causing the counselor’s weapon to break, but I was watching a video on what else Jason can and can’t block, and in the video it showed that Jason can walk through firecrackers if he blocks them, block flare gun shots, and even  walk through bear traps if in block mode without getting caught (it showed the bear trap stuck on his leg).

So I was just wondering if this is all true, and if Jason can in fact go in block mode to avoid getting stunned by flare guns, firecrackers and getting stuck in bear traps because if so, that could help me become an even better Jason than I already am. Thanks.

Edited by FridayThe31st

23 minutes ago, FridayThe31st said:

I know that Jason can block melee weapon attacks, which can end up causing the counselor’s weapon to break, but I was watching a video on what else Jason can and can’t block, and in the video it showed that Jason can walk through firecrackers if he blocks them, block flare gun shots, and even  walk through bear traps if in block mode without getting caught (it showed the bear trap stuck on his leg).

So I was just wondering if this is all true, and if Jason can in fact go in block mode to avoid getting stunned by flare guns, firecrackers and getting stuck in bear traps because if so, that could help me become an even better Jason than I already am. Thanks.

It was at launch. You could block everything but the shotgun. It was unintentional and patched out after a few months. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

It was at launch. You could block everything but the shotgun. It was unintentional and patched out after a few months. 

Thanks. I’m assuming you can still block melee weapons though, right?  If so when a counselor is also in combat stance and goes to block a hit  instead of dodge or jump backwards from one, does it successfully block the hit from Jason if done correctly?

@FridayThe31st Np. You can block melee hits on both sides. Both reduce the damage significantly. A counselor weapon does take damage and can break from blocking an attack from Jason. You can also block Jason's knives. For example, it takes 4 hits from a weapon strength Jason to kill a counselor at full health. I believe it take 13 or 14 hits if blocked.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

@FridayThe31st Np. You can block melee hits on both sides. Both reduce the damage significantly. A counselor weapon does take damage and can break from blocking an attack from Jason. You can also block Jason's knives. For example, it takes 4 hits from a weapon strength Jason to kill a counselor at full health. I believe it take 13 or 14 hits if blocked.

That makes sense, thanks. So if I’m blocking with my weapon, and Jason throws a knife, no matter where he throws it, if it’s anywhere at me I’ll be able to block it? 

I usually do utilize combat stance with dodging when I’m hurt or when I need stamina which I’ll get from a good hit, but blocking seems effective for preventing yourself from taking any damage in the moment, even if in the long run it does damage your weapon. But there usually are more weapons laying around, especially in a cabin, so that’s also good.

@FridayThe31st Np. I've found it helpful before. Newer Jason's can be baited into wasting their knives by standing in front of an open window and holding block. I like to do that and walk back and forth. You'd be surprised how often they outright miss.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 9:43 PM, thrawn3054 said:

Ik Counselors can tank 33 hits from a non weapon strength Jason in block. Insane 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Ik Counselors can tank 33 hits from a non weapon strength Jason in block. Insane 

I couldn't remember the exact number. I only remembered it was nuts.

11 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

11 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

It is insane.... Blocking Jason’s can’t even take that many hits before his mask comes off.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:53 PM, thrawn3054 said:

Yes I’m sure it was

12 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

It is insane.... Blocking Jason’s can’t even take that many hits before his mask comes off.

Yeah an all it takes is a herd of counselors surrounding you with weapons full on attacking you and all you can do is hold block. And while blocking you’re still tanking a decent amount of damage. :(