gtdjlocker311

Game Mechanics Clarification Thread

@mattshotcha

In the thread devoted to making Jason kill harder, you mention that all of the non-zombie Jasons have less HP.  This has never been explicitly stated before, and is not at all indicated in the game.

So I decided to start a thread where we can ask, and hopefully you can answer, questions about hidden or misunderstood game mechanics.

I'll start with one that's bugged me for a while:  Does "low profile" only reduce your chances of being Sensed by Jason if you are crouching, or is it active all the time?  I've heard both answers from numerous people.

Thank you in advance.

I'm very curious to know about Low Profile myself. 

If he does have time for clarification about these things, I'd like to know about the mask hp difference. 2,5,6, and 9 all say explicitly that they have less hp. Do the other two human Jason variants have lower hp that's not listed? Or was it simply miscommunication. 

I tested low profile (25% legendary) in private matches with a friend long ago and it only worked when I crouched. 

• Thanks 1

This will definitely require a good amount of prep work from me but I love the idea. Gather up more questions along these lines and I’ll see how we can present this stuff to you in a structured format. Maybe a deep dive BEYOND stream or something.

• Thanks 4

4 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

This will definitely require a good amount of prep work from me but I love the idea. Gather up more questions along these lines and I’ll see how we can present this stuff to you in a structured format. Maybe a deep dive BEYOND stream or something.

Thanks, Matt!  For the record, I don't think EVERY hidden game mechanic needs to be revealed necessarily, but I'd mostly like clarification on ones that just seem excessively confusing.  It's been a few weeks since I've been able to play (work is hectic this time of year), but I'll get on this weekend and come back with some more questions.

EDIT:  Here's one that's bugged me for a while.  Do selected perks still remain active for Tommy?  For a long time, I thought they were.  The medic perk certainly was, because I could verify that one health spray became two (provided you drop it and pick it back up).

But the patch before last took that away from Tommy.  The most recent one restored it.  So I wonder:

1. Did the previous patch (the one before the most recent) mess up all of the perks as Tommy or only the medic perk?

2. Do all other perks still work as Tommy since the new patch, or do some of them apply while others don't?

Some may think the answer to this is obvious one way or the other, but I really don't get selected as Tommy very often at all.  I am almost always one of the last 2 or 3 survivors, and when I'm not I seem to have exceptionally bad luck being chosen as Tommy.

1 hour ago, YamaBigDog said:

Greetings Fellow Jason's,

Is this trophy still possible with all of the glitched kills?  I'm on my last 3 trophies, and this is one of them.  I figured since the game registers the kill, but the counselor still squirms away it is.  Just not certain.  When you look at the scoreboard, they are dead, yet still alive.  

Thank you,

YBD

This is a good question that fits this thread....

@mattshotcha  can you add some insight?

On 8/31/2019 at 2:23 AM, mike-hannigan said:

I tested low profile (25% legendary) in private matches with a friend long ago and it only worked when I crouched. 

Holy cow. Thanks for this info. I've been using it with AJ thinking it was always active and I'll be dumping this perk right away.

@mattshotcha it has been recently talked about that Stun resistance doesn’t work properly in game can you clarify how it is supposed to work and if it is currently functioning as intended?

Also + stalks description says it has a longer duration time....is this correct ? Because myself and other members have only seen a difference in recharging time being quicker for + stalk compared to -stalk.....is this the intended mechanic?

@DontZzz34, @Somethin Cool 

This is the place we can maybe get some clarification by the developers of how these mechanics are supposed to work and how they are actually working.....

add anything else you want to know about....hopefully Matt will explain “soon” ™️ 

Ok but I have a feeling that A) they don't care and b) won't fix it even if it doesn't work right. I mean it's always been like this...

On 8/31/2019 at 4:24 AM, gtdjlocker311 said:

In the thread devoted to making Jason kill harder, you mention that all of the non-zombie Jasons have less HP.  This has never been explicitly stated before, and is not at all indicated in the game.

This statement is 💯 false and continues to show they don't know their own game. For instance, J3 has full hp. J4 has full hp. J9 is a "zombie" Jason and does not have full hp...

22 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Kenny no perks using heavy attack with fire poker, machete, and bat against pt 3 Jason. Negative stun resistance listed as a weakness.

Kenny no perks using heavy attack with fire poker, machete and bat against pt 9 Jason. Plus stun resistance listed as a strength.

I chose Kenny for both tests because his stats are 5s across the board.

I did both tests twice with similar results each time. I think it's safe to say that stun resistance does nothing... 

@mattshotcha Stun resistance needs to be looked at here are videos from @Somethin Cool showing a - Stun resistance Jason and + Stun resistance comparison...... it is quite apparent that it is not working.

On 8/31/2019 at 9:13 AM, mattshotcha said:

SWEET!