On 8/30/2019 at 3:20 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Thought about this as a way to help skew the balance a bit towards Jason but in a balanced way. As it is now, fear and composure and the stamina stat are the main ingredients for how stamina functions. I say add another layer.

Stamina:

In the real world, when you run and run until you can't, after a rest you can run again as you have replenished the oxygen in your cells and the lactic acid has flushed away. This is the basic principle behind the functionality of stamina in this game I presume. However, in the game you can do this over and over infinitely. But if you did that in the real world, eventually you'd burn up all your fuel and you would have a progressively harder time trying to run until you couldn't move until you had a full night's rest and at least a hearty meal.

Progressive Stamina debuff

* The more you use sprint, the slower your stamina recharge rate becomes over time. So the more you sprint, the more the recharge rate degrades. This would emulate in a limited degree how it can take longer and longer to regain stamina in real life after repeated intense exercise. The stamina recarge decay would bottom out at 85% of standard stamina recharge

For Strength, in real life when you get hurt, you body must divert resources to repair the damage. If you have lost blood, even if you are patched up, you will be weaker because you have less blood in your body and your strength limits will be suppressed. People who donate blood feel weak afterwards and need food and rest.

Progressive Strength Debuff

* I say tie it to how much damage the player has taken throughout the match. This would be cumulative for the whole match. Depending on how much damage taken, there will be different tiers of degrading. Say for every so many points of damage taken, strength is reduced by a certain percentage. There would be a lower limit, perhaps about 85% of the normal max as well. The damage counter would not be reset after healing so even if you have healed to full health the strength debuff applies.

I believe these two changes can help Jason take out counselors in the long haul, playing the long game per se. It would help deter certain playstyles because it would overall hurt the counselors that don't go for the escape as soon as they can.

In the real world there's this thing called adrenaline. It allows you to do all kinds of crazy things that you never knew you could do. Sprinting off and on for 20 solid minutes while some psycho with an axe is chasing you is hardly out of touch with reality...

2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

In the real world there's this thing called adrenaline. It allows you to do all kinds of crazy things that you never knew you could do. Sprinting off and on for 20 solid minutes while some psycho with an axe is chasing you is hardly out of touch with reality...

Even with adrenaline eventually you’ll run out of energy to burn. You’ll hit the wall and get muscle cramps and such.

Like Nitrous Oxide can boost a car but without fuel there’s nothing to boost.

57 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Even with adrenaline eventually you’ll run out of energy to burn. You’ll hit the wall and get muscle cramps and such.

Like Nitrous Oxide can boost a car but without fuel there’s nothing to boost.

Yeah but it's 20 minutes. You're not exactly running a marathon in 20 minutes...

2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Yeah but it's 20 minutes. You're not exactly running a marathon in 20 minutes...

These are average people and not athletes, except for two. The average person can't run for a solid 20 minutes without stopping or slowing. And I mean run-run, not jog.

6 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

These are average people and not athletes, except for two. The average person can't run for a solid 20 minutes without stopping or slowing. And I mean run-run, not jog.

That's why there's a stamina bar. If you try to run the whole 20 minutes, or even close to that, you're going to be dead for sure. If this is how you play, I completely understand why you're salty. You have to Pace yourself. 

55 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

That's why there's a stamina bar. If you try to run the whole 20 minutes, or even close to that, you're going to be dead for sure. If this is how you play, I completely understand why you're salty. You have to Pace yourself. 

Dude I'm not talking about running in the game I'm talking about real-life running. As in the average REAL person cannot run(not jog) for 20 solid minutes without stopping, adrenaline be damned.

13 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Dude I'm not talking about running in the game I'm talking about real-life running. As in the average REAL person cannot run(not jog) for 20 solid minutes without stopping, adrenaline be damned.

But you can't do that in the game either. Therefore your "progressive stamina debuff" is unnecessary since you can't continuously sprint for 20 minutes right now. Also if you take damage now your stamina recharge rate IS slowed even more...

16 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

But you can't do that in the game either. Therefore your "progressive stamina debuff" is unnecessary since you can't continuously sprint for 20 minutes right now. Also if you take damage now your stamina recharge rate IS slowed even more...

But the thing is, in this game the amount of time the stamina lasts in each usage from full to empty is the same throughout the match. My proposal is that the max stamina usage time would decline somewhat. Essentially shave off running time after so many stamina points used up. It is meant ot emulate how when you run in real life, say you run for some amount of time until you can't run anymore. You rest for 30 seconds and do it again. The next time you run you will run less because a human can't fully recover their short term stamina(glycogen) that fast. If you've burnt up your glycogen then you'll have less to run with when you do it again.

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

I get what you’re saying, part of me is on board but the other part of me is thinking that it may be unnecessary due to the fact that skilled runners will jog most of the time even when Jason is shifting on them, and sprint only when they feel like they’re vulnerable for a grab... What your nerf will essentially do is punish players that sprint everywhere they go even more, and put more importance in pacing yourself, which is fine however, it won’t effect skilled players all that much. For the sake of realism and more opportunities for Jason to exploit the mistakes of counselors.... I mean why not. 

4 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

But the thing is, in this game the amount of time the stamina lasts in each usage from full to empty is the same throughout the match. My proposal is that the max stamina usage time would decline somewhat. Essentially shave off running time after so many stamina points used up. It is meant ot emulate how when you run in real life, say you run for some amount of time until you can't run anymore. You rest for 30 seconds and do it again. The next time you run you will run less because a human can't fully recover their short term stamina(glycogen) that fast. If you've burnt up your glycogen then you'll have less to run with when you do it again.

No stamina recharge is not the same throughout the match. Take damage and it drops. Get fear and it drops. 

2 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

No stamina recharge is not the same throughout the match. Take damage and it drops. Get fear and it drops. 

Interesting, I never noticed stamina being effected by damage. If true, makes those knife throws even more valuable for your favorite marathon jogger even if you can't get a couple hits to get them limping.

10 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Interesting, I never noticed stamina being effected by damage. If true, makes those knife throws even more valuable for your favorite marathon jogger even if you can't get a couple hits to get them limping.

Yes it's effected by damage. And fear. Next time Vanessa is giving you the run around the table tour of a cabin, go cut the power on her so her fear builds.

Counselors without damage aren't afraid of Jason so they don't build fear inside. You can stand toe to toe with Jason in his shack for a full 20 minutes without hitting max fear even as Chad. As long as you don't have damage. Step outside and your fear quickly maxes out. Go back inside and it returns to normal.