DontZzz34

GUN not agreeing with the community that the Jason kill is too easy???

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

The fact Counselors are allowed to do this and it can be done is ridiculous. This is pretty much a 1 hit de mask. Sure is close enough to call it that. Any sort of prior damage and you got a 10 strength counselor his mask will come off. It’s not too hard to shoot Jason and then hit him once. Jason shouldn’t be so fragile to the point where as jason you have to be so worried to get shot once or hit a couple times with a machete or axe. It’s flat out wrong on so many levels. 

And ive seen this happen several times as counselor and it’s happened to me as jason and I’ve been killed over this nonsense indefensible hit to. And getting tommy and a sweater girl isn’t hard if it’s a kill squad who knows what they’re doing...... 1 person let’s jason kill them OR they can even set a trap and kill one another. One suicides. And there they got tommy as they wish Just like that. Then all they have to do is get sweater. Not that hard and the specific parameters aren’t that hard to get. You’d know this if you played with a kill squad for 1 night and see how broken/OP this set up is. 

I can share several clips from real games from this nonsense happening..... if you want to see them. And not just from me but from several other players as well have them to. And if we do share it you’ll tell us we don’t know what prior damage was done to Jason like you did before... 

@everyone post clips on clips on clips of Jason kills

Well said sir. You too @Seraphic King!!!

If giving Jason more mask HP would be a too huge of a balance change to the new and less experienced players.....

(I call bull-shit.)

Then he should at the very least get back his invincibility frames while stunned so that he can have a chance to defend against the one hit De- mask Hit.....at least then it would be skill vs skill not a handicap situation.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Well said sir.

... If giving Jason more mask HP would be a too huge of a balance change to the new and inexperienced players.( bull-shit)

Then he should at the least get back his invincibility frames while stunned so that he can have a chance to defend against the one hit De- mask Hit.....at least then it would be skill vs skill not a handicap situation.

Hey thanks man. 

100000% for sure longer invincibility frames would help the skilled Jason players. Too many kill squads rely on this cheap tactic against Jason and it’s not fair for Jason players.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ahab said:

On 9/7/2019 at 7:00 PM, Urmomsnewman said:

[um ya EVERYONES personal experience not just players that play everyday]

Fun fact for you... when players are saying the opposite of what everyone else is seeing, chances are, they are full of shit. Being I am actually an honest person and just call it like I see it... there are more than enough people seeing the same things I am for me to know who is full of shit (not just on this platform)... I fully understand how situational everything is... but when some people are stating the polar opposite of what is actually happening consistently for so many... I tend to take the word of the honest few. There will always be more crybabies than not... and at this time in history, there are WAY more crybabies than every before. Some of these things they say I can see being consistent for some of these people IF every single match they have ever played was with lobbies full of do nothing and completely incompetent players... and they took absolutely no time to learn any other aspect of this game other than beating on Jason... and never even tried to use dodge... Then, and ONLY then... maybe... and if that is the case... and I am not part of the "git gud" community... but they need to git gud.

[yes and as Matt said more people complain about Jason being unstoppable after rage more so then him being easy to kill]

Another fun fact for you... the rage buff made Jason even easier to kill. Reasons for this have been stated MANY times already so I won't bore you with more facts than you can handle. Many players just do not know this... and if they choose not to look into these things for themselves, then that is on them.
   After speaking with MANY players that came here to complain about the rage buff it was made clear by MANY of them that they were the ones using Jason as a piñata and wished for this behavior to continue... all of these conversations that happened on these forums are still there and easy to find... Listening to the people that were responsible for causing the issue that the buff was put into place to prevent is counter productive.
   Another fun fact... Matt also said in a recent stream that the rage buff is not going anywhere... But adjustments may yet be made. Face it, piñata parties are a thing of the past and are going to stay that way... If so many people think Jason is invulnerable in rage, then why do they insist on bringing it on quick by beating on him for shits and giggles?... Sounds to me like this is just the idiots that liked to use Jason as a piñata making the game more difficult for EVERYBODY ELSE that is still in the game.

[again MORE people beg to differ]

Indeed... and here are some more fun facts... just for you. It is MUCH harder to find honest people than it is to find people who are full of shit... dishonest people quickly become apparent through even a short conversation with a few simple questions about the subject.... And crybabies will be crybabies... Listening to crybabies is the wrong way to go... for ANYTHING.

The devs vision of this game is simple.... ASYMETRICAL horror survival game... The killer is supposed to be overpowered, but the potential victims are just that... "Potential"... With the concept of an overpowered killer, the potential victims need to work together to survive, and not all of them will survive... in general. Sometimes, all of them will die... and other times all of them will escape... and everything in between. I think they were going with a 5 out of 8 as an average... If you understand how averages actually work... the number of games I have seen with Jason players getting zero kills alone would be enough to bring the average down to 6 even with all of these people saying every game they see is 8 of 8.
   There is no horror if no one is dying... There is no fear of a killer that is being used as a pinata for ANY length of time... There is no slasher in the slasher game if no one gets slashed... and very little fear of dying at all if 4 or more players are escaping in EVERY match... If you cannot do math... 4 is half of 8 of Jason's possible victims... and you can take four players out in one car. If there is zero concern for one's player, then how can it be a horror game?... People complaining about the rage buff are showing their brand new fear for Jason instead of their utter lack of fear AND respect for him. It did its job, whether others can see this or not.
    I just happen to like the whole "asymmetrical balance" thing... It is different. This game, like any other, is simply not for everyone... Players that cannot handle dying a lot in a game will not like this game, or the balance the devs are going for... and there is only one reason for that. We ALL die a lot in this game... some of us escape far more than others, but everyone manages to escape at some point... Out of ten matches you play... how many do you survive?... Take your next ten matches and keep track... and I will give you my own average.

On 9/7/2019 at 8:54 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

that was painful to read

Yes, it was.

On 9/8/2019 at 7:26 AM, Urmomsnewman said:

the rage “buff” was the dumbest thing they have done to this game

Yes... you have said that... and you have also said in the past that you were one of the people using Jason as a piñata... and again... Why exactly should the opinions of the people that were the cause of the issue that the buff was put in to deal with matter at all?... Everyone knows exactly why they are complaining... and when you are complaining about anything put in place to prevent the behavior you are responsible for... you will find it falling on deaf ears... unless it is a fool doing the listening.

Though I won’t post a novel on here as I have better things to do I do wish that you point me to even one instance that I remotely claim to have beat Jason silly all match.... I’ll wait..... and I’m not gonna argue with someone who seems to say everyone who doesn’t agree with his vison of the game is a troll or stupid, but please show me these post of mine where I circle beat Jason because for someone who claims FACTS all the time you sure are full of shit here. I got a fact for you not everyone agrees with you deal with it

Alright, @mattshotcha has spoken.

I'm a little perplexed why I got called a troll for wanting to show him in a stream just how easy and often Jason gets killed though.  A stream which he would experience firsthand how easy it is and a stream that would be kept for posterity by Gun themselves.  Me, or others, showing 100 different clips is meaningless because we can just dictate the parameters of the kill and it can be brushed aside.  Just like @DontZzz34 and @Seraphic King video got brushed aside.  

Killing Jason will remain the easiest, most efficient, and most rewarding "victory"

So be it.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Alright, @mattshotcha has spoken.

I'm a little perplexed why I got called a troll for wanting to show him in a stream just how easy and often Jason gets killed though.  A stream which he would experience firsthand how easy it is and a stream that would be kept for posterity by Gun themselves.  Me, or others, showing 100 different clips is meaningless because we can just dictate the parameters of the kill and it can be brushed aside.  Just like @DontZzz34 and @Seraphic King video got brushed aside.  

Killing Jason will remain the easiest, most efficient, and most rewarding "victory"

So be it.  

I think everyone is missing the point, I’m sure there far more clips of high level Jason’s mowing through lobby’s where he don’t get damasked or anything even close to being killed. The game is supposed to be balanced toward the WHOLE player base not just the vocal minority of players.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

I think everyone is missing the point, I’m sure there far more clips of high level Jason’s mowing through lobby’s where he don’t get damasked or anything even close to being killed. The game is supposed to be balanced toward the WHOLE player base not just the vocal minority of players.

Probably if it’s a lobby full of trash players. GOOD lobbies and hard teams don’t get mowed down. Entire lobby of 150 experienced counselors and a high level experienced Jason. You better believe jason will struggle and there will probably be at least 1 survivor if not more. If Jason is lucky he’ll kill everyone

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

Indeed... and here are some more fun facts... just for you. It is MUCH harder to find honest people than it is to find people who are full of shit... dishonest people quickly become apparent through even a short conversation with a few simple questions about the subject.... And crybabies will be crybabies... Listening to crybabies is the wrong way to go... for ANYTHING.

This is correct but you still keep doing it

4 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Probably if it’s a lobby full of trash players. GOOD lobbies and hard teams don’t get mowed down

This is the point!!! There are FAR more “trash” players as you call them[i like to call them people with lives aside from playing Friday the 13th] you do realize there a WAY more players that don’t have accounts on a game forum then people who do and play all the time.

and I’m sorry for the double post I’m not to sure how to put them together

19 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Nope, I think most members can’t wrap their head around a gameplay mechanic that was touted out from the beginning as being difficult to accomplish and yet is completely the opposite........

Using the excuse of :

we are too far into the life of the game to make a change..”

Or

“ it would be too much for less experienced or new players to deal with..”

Is ridiculous....

Giving Jason more Mask Hp would not be game breaking for any side of play and it would at the very least make Jason players feel like the mask coming off took a little bit of effort........

For counselor players this will still not even be an issue if they want the mask off they will just have to work a bit harder for it.

Allowing indefensible hits that de-Mask Jason as a mechanic to set up an already easy kill.... Shouldn’t even be in the game.....if Jason can’t get more Mask Hp he should at least get Stun immunity.

if a player can stun or injure Jason with skill that’s one thing but free shots that you can’t defend against is a problem and should be fixed... or give more Mask HP to counter balance it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

This is the point!!! There are FAR more “trash” players as you call them[i like to call them people with lives aside from playing Friday the 13th] you do realize there a WAY more players that don’t have accounts on a game forum then people who do and play all the time.

and I’m sorry for the double post I’m not to sure how to put them together

Okay and a lobby full of low level counselors going against an experienced Jason, obviously a slaughtering ass whooping is bound to happen. And this will happen with ANY game. Experienced players will almost always be the ones to kick ass. Deal with it. Players who put in more time to the game will do better usually. But that doesn’t give any reason at all that the Jason kill shouldn’t be harder. Buffing mask hp and giving longer invincibility frames would make NO difference for these noob lobbies that probably don’t even know how to kill Jason. The main issue is the second an experienced Jason goes against a good team/kill squad he is at a HUGE disadvantage and it almost seems unfair and balance goes out the window. 

33 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

I would like an explanation of how raising Jason mask HP would make the game unbalanced in your opinion.  

These lower level players you reference in another post aren't players who are going out to kill Jason every round. 

Care to give your reasoning as to why a tweak in Jason's HP would unbalance the game? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

After catching up on the thread, there's a couple of points I need to make.

While I agree, comparing Rage and the Mask topic is not a 1:1, our community will do exactly that. Look at some threads and discussions outside of this echo chamber and you'll see people suggest a change that could be seen as a buff to Jason and be met with outrage and replies like " Does Jason REALLY need another buff?!? After the Rage update he is already OP."

Some members of the community may do that, but not all will do it. Let's be cautious (you, me and everyone else here) of trying to speak for the entire community.

The majority of responses in the majority of topics on the forum could be perceived as an "echo chamber". Not everyone in this topic has been pushing for the exact same thing.

I read one such reply on Reddit earlier today.

I've been following a number of threads on Reddit, and you seem to catch a lot more heat there than here. I'd like to think most of the people here on the forum are a bit more courteous than that lot.

So while I realize there is more to the topic than that simple comparison, part of my job is to anticipate the reaction to these proposed changes. The state of the game puts you in a rather tight spot. No matter what you say, someone won't be happy.

As far as making the change and why Gun "won't" listen, it's just not the case. This group needs to understand the difference between not listening and not agreeing. We HEAR you, we DON'T AGREE that the team should make a change that affects the entire player base to try and balance for the smaller percent that can take out a Jason on demand.

Most of the people here understand (with the exception of some  here and there).

And the idea that a forum built hit squad to try and crash a TALES from the STREAM episode so that you can "show me" is not only unnecessary, it also feels a bit short sighted. First off, there are ways to record footage other than live, so I guess what you're saying is that you want to crash a stream designed to spend time with the community. That's rude and bordering on toxic to try and take an event meant to be in good fun and turn it into a hunting party for the ComDev's head. Secondly, it's assuming that I'm the blocker for this change. As if it is all my decision and I'm just refusing to flip the switch. Third, it's assuming that this topic hasn't been covered in house here at Gun, when it has, repeatedly been discussed. And finally, it is again ignoring the fact that the team has stated why it is not something we're looking to do just yet. We don't see this as a need to tune for the entirety.

This is the point where the wires got crossed. You are assuming that "a forum hit squad has plans on hijacking a stream and humiliating you." Hopefully that isn't true, but you don't have to play with those suspected members.

A suggestion was made that you could consider playing matches with representatives of each social platform (selected by a rational and fair system of your choosing). The players could be across all tiers of skill, or matches could be with players of specific tier levels. Play for fun, or play to gather data. Playing with the community a bit more frequently would help in the long run.

Last thing to cover, yes, the team did originally intend for the Jason Kill to be rare. And if this were happening earlier on in the game's life, we would probably take that into account when deciding what to do for balance going forward. But there is, especially at this point, some consideration that needs to be given to the fact that players have been playing this way for a long time now. This would be a potentially big shake up and while the team is not against shaking things up, we do pay attention to that angle. We prepped for the Rage change and how that would shake up the community and decided in the end that it was important to the core design of the game. 

Players have been playing this way for so long, as there wasn't any alternative.

It is good to hear that the team is open to shaking things up at some point.

Topics like this one are super tricky. There is a skill gap in the player base. There is no way around that fact. But changing things based solely off one end of that skill gap or the other is not a smart way to balance the game. And any potential option that can cover the most experienced players without alienating the newer, less experienced players will have to be explored before pulling the trigger on a change like this.

The trickiness here is the amount of assumptions being made, and the responses to the assumptions being made. I think going forward, more people should take time to consider the stance of others before going all in with their emotions on full blast. Likewise, the responses shouldn't be based on feeling one is personally being attacked either.

4 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

@everyone post clips on clips on clips of Jason kills

We can post all the clips in the world, but I don't think it's going to change much of anything. I'm considering an alternative option at this point.

2 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

Homie, I get you’re a busy man, I am too. In fact I think most of the dudes here are, and I get that we are not the majority but, we are the ones who put hours into your product, the level 150s. The ones who actually decided to  sign up to this forum. This is literally the only forum I made an account for. I am an honest person and I am not lying to you when I say the Jason kill is easy. Why does it seem like you’re trying hard to not see our points. 

Don't forget about the female players as well. There are quite a few of them out there.

I admire that you are an honest member. Most of us are. Unfortunately, there are some here with less than honorable intentions. I can see why the powers that be are cautious with any decisions they make.

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

So be it. 

It's likely to stay this way for the time being. One day, things may change. I hope to still be playing at that point.

15 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Never speak for the entire community. That's unwritten rule number one of any forum.

I do agree that there is evidence to the contrary of the stance that Jason is too easy.

The problem with balancing a game for this player base, is like our community lead said: the skill gap between tiers.

The only way to fix that would be for everyone to be on the same skill level.

44 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Probably if it’s a lobby full of trash players. GOOD lobbies and hard teams don’t get mowed down

Even the best team can have an off match. It's rare, but it can happen.

29 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Topics like this one are super tricky. There is a skill gap in the player base. There is no way around that fact. But changing things based solely off one end of that skill gap or the other is not a smart way to balance the game. And any potential option that can cover the most experienced players without alienating the newer, less experienced players will have to be explored before pulling the trigger on a change like this.

The trickiness here is the amount of assumptions being made, and the responses to the assumptions being made. I think going forward, more people should take time to consider the stance of others before going all in with their emotions on full blast. Likewise, the responses shouldn't be based on feeling one is personally being attacked either.

Very well put @Fair Play

This is why I essentially quit playing this game. Gun has their head shoved so far up their ass, they can see out of their belly button when it comes to these issues. This once great game is no longer that fun for me to play. Only occasionally playing with great friends such as @Redrum138, @RustInPeace, @lasse_hei and @pioneer67fkd keeps me barely hanging on in this game. I was an above average Jason and have played well over 500 matches as him. For over a year now with all of the counselor buffs and Jason nerfs leading to the emergence of Jason hunting squads in almost every single match, I refuse to play as Jason. Jason is supposed to be the hunter, not the hunted. The game today is completely the opposite of what it was at launch. The original intent of this game was to escape from him, not gang up and hunt him down like a pack of angry villagers with torches and pitchforks. Killing Jason is supposed to be a last resort. It has now become the first resort.

• Like 6

I have seen an uptick in kills again recently. The newer players have figured out the kill is much easier then trying to repair objectives and escape, so that seems to be the new meta. Them being "new" means they don't have much skill, so it gives you a chance still to keep your mask and prevent them from getting sweater, but it is still how the game seems to be drifting. 

One match i ran all over the map with Chad, not only shuttling the parts, but fixing things too. I had the car repaired, tracked across the map for keys that someone had no need for, was making my way back only for the Jason kill animation to show up. I was like wtf! spent the whole match running all over doing everything myself only for it to be meaningless in the outcome of the match. Next time ill just hide in a closet and wait for the animation i guess, would be less frustrating.. lmao

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vaderspupil said:

This is why I essentially quit playing this game. Gun has their head shoved so far up their ass, they can see out of their belly button when it comes to these issues. This once great game is no longer that fun for me to play. Only occasionally playing with great friends such as @Redrum138, @RustInPeace, @lasse_hei and @pioneer67fkd keeps me barely hanging on in this game. I was an above average Jason and have played well over 500 matches as him. For over a year now with all of the counselor buffs and Jason nerfs leading to the emergence of Jason hunting squads in almost every single match, I refuse to play as Jason. Jason is supposed to be the hunter, not the hunted. The game today is completely the opposite of what it was at launch. The original intent of this game was to escape from him, not gang up and hunt him down like a pack of angry villagers with torches and pitchforks. Killing Jason is supposed to be a last resort. It has now become the first resort.

Speaking the truth. I’d like to see Matt play against a kill squad as jason or play with a kill squad as counselor and see firsthand what we’re talking about. Then after that, tell us nothing needs adjusted. And if he still thinks nothing needs done he’s lying

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Allowing indefensible hits that de-Mask Jason as a mechanic to set up an already easy kill.... Shouldn’t even be in the game.....if Jason can’t get more Mask Hp he should at least get Stun immunity.

if a player can stun or injure Jason with skill that’s one thing but free shots that you can’t defend against is a problem and should be fixed... or give more Mask HP to counter balance it.

This, a 100% this. Being able to land cheap shot hits on Jason while he's recovering from some of his animations is pure bs. There should be some adjustments made about this the same way something was done to prevent it when he's raging through doors & walls.

13 hours ago, SirMang said:

I would like an explanation of how raising Jason mask HP would make the game unbalanced in your opinion.  

These lower level players you reference in another post aren't players who are going out to kill Jason every round. 

Care to give your reasoning as to why a tweak in Jason's HP would unbalance the game? 

From what I understand reading something Matt said in one of his post, giving the mask more HP will be automatically perceived by the majority of players as another buff for Jason making him even more OP than he already is in their eyes. So no matter if the change is needed and that it would mostly have no impact on the counselor's chance of survival, this is irrelevant in the bigger picture it seems. The possible reaction to such a change is in part responsible as to why it has close to zero chance to happen.

And with Gun. insistence that the % of players only going for the kill is really small, them disagreeing with the necessity of said change combined with the misconceptions of the greater portion of the player base on how it would affect the game in reality is imo why this change will never ever happen. I know Matt said earlier in the thread that "...we haven't said flat out NO, we won't change anything with the mask." but let's be real here, did any of the following posts he made make you think there's a real chance that some change will happen?

34 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Speaking the truth. I’d like to see Matt play against a kill squad as jason or play with a kill squad as counselor and see firsthand what we’re talking about. Then after that, tell us nothing needs adjusted. And if he still thinks nothing needs done he’s lying

Plot twist, Matt is secretly part of a kill squad and that why he doesn't want things to change!

More seriously, I don't see something like that ever happening. With what he said about it on last page, I think he's seeing this offer as some sort of set-up to make him look bad. It's probably not the intend of said offer but I can't blame him for thinking that way.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I was honestly thinking the same thing. Lets set up some matches with Gun vs forum members and test this theory. Hell Gun against a lobby of squeakers that are told to just kill who ever is Jason. They will die every time and I bet not have a very good time. Delusional they are at times..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I was honestly thinking the same thing. Lets set up some matches with Gun vs forum members and test this theory. Hell Gun against a lobby of squeakers that are told to just kill who ever is Jason. They will die every time and I bet not have a very good time. Delusional they are at times..

Let’s do it. I’m on Xbox, I’ll get my Xbox kill group together and show them. We can do this on our own time with GUN. Doesn’t even have to be on their stream if they feel it will ruin the point of their streams. 

3 minutes ago, makred78 said:

Plot twist, Matt is secretly part of a kill squad and that why he doesn't want things to change!

More seriously, I don't see something like that ever happening. With what he said about it on last page, I think he's seeing this offer as some sort of set-up to make him look bad. It's probably not the intend of said offer but I can't blame him for thinking that way.

No it’s to enlighten him to show him firsthand how easy killing Jason is

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

That's how I saw it too.

15 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

11 minutes ago, makred78 said:

That's how I saw it too.

That was the exact intent on my post and offer.

3 minutes ago, SirMang said:

That was the exact intent on my post and offer.

I also think it should be done. No matter the amount of videos that we could provide to illustrate the point, it would be easier for them to see what we mean if they experience it first hand.

1 minute ago, makred78 said:

I also think it should be done. No matter the amount of videos that we could provide to illustrate the point, it would be easier for them to see what we mean if they experience it first hand.

Exactly.  And then there's no "oh look it's an optimal setup, you won't get every game" type of dodge to what is, in my opinion, a huge flaw in this game.  Jason should be the hunter, not the hunted. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Exactly.  And then there's no "oh look it's an optimal setup, you won't get every game" type of dodge to what is, in my opinion, a huge flaw in this game.  Jason should be the hunter, not the hunted. 

See, when I read some of the reasons given to discard the easy kill examples some have brought up, it almost always end up as being this perfect case scenario/rare occurrence/almost impossible to pull situations according to him. It almost makes me questioning if I'm playing the same game. If the required steps to pull for the kill were so hard to do or rare to align, we wouldn't be seeing the kill that often.

And yes Jason should be the hunter, I couldn't agree more. Matt asked in one of his post why would a Jason walk into a fight with a combo of Tommy/SG and 1 or 2 strong counselors. Does it mean that Jason should avoid them? What if they stay together for the rest of the game? Sure there's throwing knifes to use from a distance but not only are they in limited number, there's also the amount of sprays+medic+thick skin to take into account. And they're not going to just stand still while you're trying to take them out either.

55 minutes ago, SirMang said:

That excuse would be so invalid due to the amount of win streaks people have and most kill squads having a 90% success rate in the j kill. But they’ll just brush that off like they do everything else we’ve showed them

13 minutes ago, makred78 said:

And yes Jason should be the hunter, I couldn't agree more. Matt asked in one of his post why would a Jason walk into a fight with a combo of Tommy/SG and 1 or 2 strong counselors. Does it mean that Jason should avoid them?

Like wtf??? Is Jason supposed to be a bitch and not show up to the fight? Fucking really GUN?!???