DontZzz34

GUN not agreeing with the community that the Jason kill is too easy???

22 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

killin jason is not easy   evern worse when the jason players uses turbo button controller

It’s just as bad when that same player uses turbo button controller when playing as a counselor too.....

cheaters gonna cheat!

I would love for @mattshotcha to do one of those Tales streams on Thursdays while playing F13 on PS4. 

I'd grab a friend or two and show him how easy, and often, Jason can be killed.  Maybe if he saw firsthand how easily, quickly and frequently Jason dies, he'd understand where we're coming from.  

I say on stream because then there would be record of it and he could show people around the office, as well as others who watch the streams and think Jason is this big badass when in reality he's nothing more than a pushover. 

1 hour ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

killin jason is not easy   evern worse when the jason players uses turbo button controller

What makes you think it’s not easy?

37 minutes ago, SirMang said:

I would love for @mattshotcha to do one of those Tales streams on Thursdays while playing F13 on PS4. 

I'd grab a friend or two and show him how easy, and often, Jason can be killed.  Maybe if he saw firsthand how easily, quickly and frequently Jason dies, he'd understand where we're coming from.  

I say on stream because then there would be record of it and he could show people around the office, as well as others who watch the streams and think Jason is this big badass when in reality he's nothing more than a pushover. 

Pls do this

and @tyrant666 I’m afraid you are probably right

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

Many people have suggested streamed play with the player base. It could be a big help in the name of live data collection for future adjustments.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 2:59 PM, RaidCasto said:

Its 7 on 1.  Deal with it.

Its an "asymmetrical horror survival game"... which means the killer is supposed to be overpowered, even compared to being attacked by all seven counselors... Currently, his mask can be removed in one or two hits with certain counselors... which means you DO NOT need seven to do it, you only need one to remove the mask and one to get the sweater.
   If you do not like dying in a video game, then this game is not for you... Deal with it... The supposed "overpowered killer" should NOT be dying in 50% of the matches (or more) when players actively attempt to kill him... yet, here we are.

On 8/30/2019 at 9:12 PM, Strigoi said:

It makes no sense to make Jasons mask tougher to get off.

One or two hits to get the mask off... this is  a FACT... Explain how this is difficult to achieve. Would you prefer it to take even less strikes?

On 8/31/2019 at 4:19 AM, kohagan said:

It doesn't matter what they do to make the jason kill harder. Groups that dedicate themselves to nothing but the kill will still master it quickly, and will start claiming its too easy again. For the average qp lobby it isn't the easiest thing to pull off with an uncoordinated group and I see it rarely tbh. 

Groups of players that know what they are doing will always do better than groups that do not know what they are doing... Not just in this game, but in EVERY game. 
   I killed Jason for my first time on my second day of playing... and the badge for killing Jason was one of the first three I completed... That badge should have been MUCH closer to the last badge being completed, not just for me... but for everyone. Killing Jason is supposed to be difficult to do and rare to see... It is neither... and NEVER was.

On 8/31/2019 at 6:04 AM, Svatt said:

Honestly depending on the factors makes it easy to kill jason if you are killing a part 7 jason its gonna be easy because hes easily stunned but if your going up againast a part 3 jason its harder to stun and it also depends on the player if you had to kill jason but he was good at being jason then right when he gets up he would morph away so he doesnt get his mask taken off or you could be killing a jason who is playing jason for the first time hes not gonna know the concept of being jason

Longest sentence I have seen in a while...
   ALL Jasons are stunned just as easily as any other... the stun chance is in the weapon used... Stuns resistance only lowers the time Jason is stunned for... Once stunned, he is open to an indefensible demasking hit... indefensible means "it IS NOT possible to avoid this hit... and this type of hit can be done over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again... on ANY Jason variant. Fortunately for counselors, it only takes 2 hits MAX to get the mask off if you are using the right counselor... If you are using a counselor that takes more hits to demask him... well, no problem there at all, we can just stun him and take the indefensible hit... over, and over, and over, and over again until it does come off... This is ridiculously easy to achieve in any number of ways.
   With a sweater girl that know when to use the sweater, Jason CANNOT morph away as he has no time... The sweater stun will also bring Jason out of shift if he attempts to use that... And even if Jason does manage to morph away due to sweater girl taking too long to use it... yes, it is simple to play keep away with a killer that will die instantly if he gets too close to Tommy and sweater girl... barring a mistake or glitch, which do not happen very often any more... But Jason feeling the need to run away is counter to everything he is... and to the horror aspect of this game. The killer IS NOT the one that should be afraid to engage ANYONE... and retreat should not even be in Jason's vocabulary... Jason retreating is just as good as getting killed in the first place.
   I do not hunt noobs... I very rarely hunt Jason unless someone asks for help doing it... and my success rate is astronomically high compared to my failure rate, which can only be taken from matches that I actually tried to kill Jason... Matches in which I do not try to kill Jason have zero bearing on the ratio of kills vs attempts as there was no attempt made.

On 8/31/2019 at 6:23 AM, Urmomsnewman said:

So the FACTS as everyone keeps talking about in this thread  are not really facts at all but personal experiences of players who play the game alot more then the majority of the player base.

Personal experiences in game are actual facts... This is what we see... because you do not like it or agree with it does not change the facts to non facts... With so many people seeing Jason being killed MANY times per night... I find it hard to believe anyone that says otherwise as it is the opposite of what so many players ARE in fact seeing in game. Literally what you are saying here is that the players who play the game the most, and know it better than "casual" or first time players... are wrong and don't know what they are talking about... Your utter lack of logic astounds me at times... and not in a good way.

On 9/1/2019 at 3:50 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Some players will quit playing whether they die as Jason or as a counselor.....it’s a mentality issue.....when I started playing for me getting killed by Jason was part of the fun........players shouldn’t be discouraged by this it’s part of the experience.......

This game is not for everybody... Any player that cannot handle dying a lot in ANY game... will not like this game and NEVER will like this game until they can get over this issue they have with dying in a game.
   Knowing what this game was when I got it, I fully expected to die VERY often as a counselor and very rarely as Jason... as it was stated that the Jason kill was difficult to achieve and rare to see... and I know what to expect for counselors as I had seen every movie more times than I care to admit... I also expected to be very bored of it within a month as it looked very repetitious.
   I was surprised to find that escaping was actually not difficult, even against good Jason players and I was not dying nearly as much as I thought I would be... On my second night of playing, I discovered just how easy it was to kill Jason... and as I said above, this was one of the first three badges I completed... which as a fan of the franchise... I found to be ridiculous. Soon after I started playing came the great Jason nerf of 2017... I seemed to be the only player that even wanted to play Jason at that point... But I stuck it out and learned to 'git gud' as many players that used me as a pinata "kindly" suggested. I met a lot of good people playing this game and still play sometimes with some of the first people I played the game with... The situational hilarity of this game... and a lot of good people to play it with... as well as a love of this franchise has kept me playing far longer than I initially thought I would be... The piñata parties came VERY close to pushing me away from this game, but I am as tenacious as my namesake.
    It took me a while to see all of the kills in the game due to a few.... I am looking in the direction of asphyxiate and head punch... being so popular with many players, for... reasons. But death in this game often comes with a nice and bloody kill animation. The game is a challenge from many perspectives, and all of us die a lot as a counselor... But I still, and will always find it ridiculous that it is so easy to kill Jason when it was stated to be difficult to achieve and rare to see. I stopped hunting Jason the moment I finished that badge... at least from an active viewpoint. I still help kill squads if they ask politely... and a few hunters that I play with that do not need to ask for help... I already know what they are up to and will help them out. But I almost never instigate a "hunt" for Jason on my own... I much prefer escaping on a boat... or a in a full car... or being part of the charge towards the cops... in that order. Surviving the night works for me too but this one is never what I am going for at the start of a match... it just sometimes works out as your only remaining option. But all of these are a challenge to achieve and I will not be able to do any one of them anywhere near as consistently as killing Jason... so I take the more challenging path for the most part... Which is also why I am a big fan of using Part IV and his "lesser tools" as some have called him.

On 9/2/2019 at 6:21 AM, kohagan said:

Overall I don't see the jason kill happen much, gun can see on the server side how many players have killed Jason and its probably very rare. 

Seeing the exact number of times Jason has been killed would only be relevant if they had a way of knowing how many actual attempts to kill Jason were made to achieve this number. Comparing it to the overall number of matches played would be ridiculous and in no way give ANY indication of how easy it is to achieve... For the kill vs. attempt ratio to even exists, number of kills AND number of attempts both have to be a known number... and there is literally no way to track "attempts" that do not result in Jason's death.
   I have played many nights in which no one even bothered to make an attempt on ANY Jason player... and I have played many nights in which EVERY match had an attempt to kill Jason... and every single time I see multiple attempts on Jason's "unlife"... the number of failed attempts is far lower than the number of Jason kills. Just because you are not seeing attempts does not mean no one is trying in matches you are not playing in. You don't see Jason die much, I will grant you that... but I have extreme doubts that the number of attempts that you have seen are even equal to the number of Jason kills you have seen... and the failed attempts are more than likely far fewer than the successful attempts... For anyone who cannot do math... 50% is not rare... and is actually pretty damned far from being rare.

On 9/3/2019 at 8:59 AM, Manny1985 said:

I wouldn’t say it’s rare, but I’d put it at 25 to 30 percent of matches. I mostly play quick play and Jason kills happen once or twice every 10 games, and that’s on a good night. I have been in lobby’s though when Jason is killed 9 out of 10 times, but it doesn’t happen often.

Percentage of matches it happens in is irrelevant. Not every match even has an attempt made... only failed attempts vs successful attempts can be used for a ratio that means anything at all... Matches in which no one bothers to try and kill Jason cannot be counted here... It is all about how many attempts are made vs actual kills. If there are only two attempts and two kills, that does not make it rare... If out of your 9 out of 10 times only included 9 attempts... that would be a big 100% success rate as well.
   Also... 20 or 30% is also far from rare.... 2 or 3 in 10 IS NOT and NEVER will be called rare for ANYTHING... For something to even be considered rare... you have to go bellow 10% to achice something more like 9 out of 100 instead of 1 out of ten.
   When I see attempts made in ever match, I see above 50% of games in which Jason dies... and that is just me being in a game with an attempt on him. I do not participate often... but still see it far more than we should be seeing for it to be called rare... or difficult.

On 9/4/2019 at 5:31 PM, MovieWatcher101 said:

One or two hits to get the mask off... this is  a FACT... Explain how this is difficult to achieve. Would you prefer it to take even less strikes?
   If you see someone using a "turbo controller", then record it and send the video in with a report to Jasonkillsbugs… It is listed under bannable offenses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

Personal experiences in game are actual facts[um ya EVERYONES personal experience not just players that play everyday]... This is what we see... because you do not like it or agree with it does not change the facts to non facts[yes and as Matt said more people complain about Jason being unstoppable after rage more so then him being easy to kill]... With so many people seeing Jason being killed MANY times per night[again MORE people beg to differ]... I find it hard to believe anyone that says otherwise as it is the opposite of what so many players ARE in fact seeing in game[again MORE people disagree]. Literally what you are saying here is that the players who play the game the most, and know it better than "casual" or first time players... are wrong and don't know what they are talking about[literally no I’m not but I’m saying your opinion means no more the someone who plays a few times a week as you both bought the game]... Your utter lack of logic astounds me at times... and not in a good way.[your utter lies that all these people think it’s to easy to kill Jason astounds me as again Matt said otherwise and guess who gets most of the feedback?from all sources not just here]

@Urmomsnewman so you seriously don’t think the Jason kill is a broken mess? 

Anybody with half a brain knows that the Jason kill is so one sided with the counselors. It’s not that hard to figure out. You hit Jason once or twice mask off, Y, Tommy hits RT, A. If you think the Jason kill isn’t easy you probably play a lot like the tommy in this video. You play like a bot most likely

And sources? People complaining about the kill being too easy is everywhere. Google “Jason kill too easy” it’s on reddit, it’s on here, it’s on gamespot, youtube, steam, it’s on GUNS streams, Twitter, etc. Several players agree. I can guarantee you more players think it’s too easy than players that don’t. 

• Like 2

@Urmomsnewman that was painful to read can you either separate the quotes that you want to comment on or highlight your points in a different color..... 

I am all for a difference of opinion and discussions but please don’t post like that people will just skip it ...... and if you took the time to post it you want people to see and read it right??

12 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

@Urmomsnewman so you seriously don’t think the Jason kill is a broken mess? 

Anybody with half a brain knows that the Jason kill is so one sided with the counselors. It’s not that hard to figure out. You hit Jason once or twice mask off, Y, Tommy hits RT, A. If you think the Jason kill isn’t easy you probably play a lot like the tommy in this video. You play like a bot most likely

And sources? People complaining about the kill being too easy is everywhere. Google “Jason kill too easy” it’s on reddit, it’s on here, it’s on gamespot, youtube, steam, it’s on GUNS streams, Twitter, etc. Several players agree. I can guarantee you more players think it’s too easy than players that don’t. 

I have said before that I think it could be tougher to kill Jason but I’ve also said the rage “buff” was the dumbest thing they have done to this game and 10 times more people complain about him being unstoppable after rage then they do about him being easy to Kill so that’s what should be addressed 1st

5 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

I have said before that I think it could be tougher to kill Jason but I’ve also said the rage “buff” was the dumbest thing they have done to this game and 10 times more people complain about him being unstoppable after rage then they do about him being easy to Kill so that’s what should be addressed 1st

I don’t agree with  ****using**** this number ratio with this argument......

The rage buff is split down the middle for the player base for every person that likes it there is a person who doesn’t......with the developers over all liking what the change accomplished in game.....

They are still looking at possible tweaks........unfortunately they have said the rage change still needs to stew a while longer before any tweaks will be made....

which brings us to......the Jason Kill....

The complaints about Jason being too easy to kill have definitely taken precedence over the rage buff  because the community is 50/50 about it on all social media outlets.... it is definitely more one sided here on the forums then it is on Facebook or twitter on Reddit it seems fairly close to the same arguments as here.

which is why  @mattshotcha and the team are collecting more information from all outlets......

I personally think there is room to improve both aspects....... but waiting for the developers to decide what change to make to rage makes no sense before they address another issues when it is being discussed and argued about just as much as the Rage buff.......and needs to be looked into.

Edited by OCT 31 1978
Clarification

13 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I don’t agree with your number ratio here......

The rage buff is split down the middle for the player base for every person that likes it there is a person who doesn’t......with the developers over all liking what the change accomplished in game.....

They are still looking at possible tweaks........unfortunately they have said the rage change still needs to stew a while longer before any tweaks will be made....

which brings us to......the Jason Kill....

The complaints about Jason being too easy to kill have definitely taken precedence over the rage buff on all social media outlets it is definitely more one sided here on the forums then it is on Facebook or twitter on Reddit it seems fairly close to the same arguments here..

which is why  @mattshotcha and the team are collecting more information from all outlets......

I personally think there is room to improve both aspects....... but waiting for the developers to decide what change to make to rage makes no sense when another aspect is being discussed and argued about just as much as the Rage buff.......and need to be looked into.

Here’s a direct quote from page 2 by Matt

“It's not that we aren't listening, it's that we're trying to account for ALL of the player base, not just some of it. Do you honestly feel that the ENTIRE player base finds it too easy to kill Jason? Because we can show ten times as many reports from players saying he is unstoppable post-Rage.”

So my numbers are pretty spot on I’d say

1 hour ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Here’s a direct quote from page 2 by Matt

“It's not that we aren't listening, it's that we're trying to account for ALL of the player base, not just some of it. Do you honestly feel that the ENTIRE player base finds it too easy to kill Jason? Because we can show ten times as many reports from players saying he is unstoppable post-Rage.”

So my numbers are pretty spot on I’d say

I didn’t say you were wrong .....I said I disagree with it.....just like I disagree with Matt using that ratio as well.......I thought I explained my point in the last post but I will try again.....hopefully better.

Matt’s post and ratio is not a fair comparison as the developers always said that Killing Jason was suppose to be very difficult......a-lot of experiences and evidence is pointing to the opposite at this time......while the developers implemented the rage buff specifically to make Jason feel more powerful.

Just because more people complain about the rage buff than the Jason Kill being easy doesn’t negate the fact that just as many people like the Rage Buff as well ....it split the player base....50/50.....

My point is if they are not going to make any changes to the rage buff because it must “stew” longer than they need to move forward with addressing the complaints about how easy it is to kill Jason..... whatever that will be....they could just as easily say no change will come of it.....or they could give him a better block or more Mask HP.... but it should be addressed especially since the rage buff is not going to change anytime soon.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

...the rage “buff” was the dumbest thing they have done to this game and 10 times more people complain about him being unstoppable after rage then they do about him being easy to Kill so that’s what should be addressed 1st

The rage buff, however dumb it may looks to you or anyone else, was a necessity to address the pinata party that was plaguing the game more and more. How much do you want to bet that most of the ppl complaining about it are probably the very same who cannot beat Jason for 20 mins? Don't you think it can be a possibility?

Even worse, who knows if part of those saying that the kill is already hard enough are not ex-pinata-Jason-party adepts who are now going for the kill every game they're playing considering how easy it is in reality? They're certainly aren't going to say that the kill is hard to do because they don't want their new go to m.o. to be made harder. 

As for saying the rage buff should be re-addressed before they make any change to the Jason kill, I don't believe those elements are part of the same gameplay category. While the rage buff may have an impact on the difficulty of playing as a counselor and their survivability chance diminishing the moment Jason gets rage, the kill being easy is affecting the whole escape methods balance. Like I and many others have said before the kill should be one of the hardest way to win a match and making it harder would not help Jason kill anyone faster or easier.

Many ppl like you(and Matt & the devs for that matter considering the quotes you brought up) seem to make the mistake of bringing those two things next to each other as if the rage buff made Jason harder to kill but those two things are mostly unrelated to each other. Even if there's ten times more ppl thinking that Jason is unstoppable post-rage, it doesn't mean that the kill  itself isn't easy to pull and it certainly doesn't mean that the former game's aspect should be addressed before the latter. And like OCT 31 1978 pointed out, they(the devs) also said before that the ratio of ppl liking/disliking the rage buff was mostly 50/50 so why should it be a priority to address it over the Jason kill?

• Like 1

IMO the rage buff is completely meaningless and pointless.

Jason either has the lobby cleared or is dead in the majority of matches I'm in before he even gets rage. 

If you're one of those people who don't like the rage buff...either kill Jason before he gets rage, call the cops or drive the car/boat and escape before he gets rage.  Don't be one of those people who still want to pinata party in the first 5 minutes and then wonder why Jason is now mopping up the lobby. 

Jason, without getting hit, doesn't get rage until about 6 minutes left. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

IIf you're one of those people who don't like the rage buff...either kill Jason before he gets rage, call the cops or drive the car/boat and escape before he gets rage.  Don't be one of those people who still want to pinata party in the first 5 minutes and then wonder why Jason is now mopping up the lobby. 

Jason, without getting hit, doesn't get rage until about 6 minutes left. 

^^^This 100%. Most people complaining that the game is to hard since the rage buff are the ones not even trying to escape. They only want to beat on Jason and dance/tea bag over him the entire 20 minutes.

***disclaimer*** I did say "most" people complaining about the buff, not "all"

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

^^^This 100%. Most people complaining that the game is to hard since the rage buff are the ones not even trying to escape. They only want to beat on Jason and dance/tea bag over him the entire 20 minutes.

***disclaimer*** I did say "most" people complaining about the buff, not "all"

We thank you for not being one of those members who presumes to speak for the entire community here.

• Like 1

After catching up on the thread, there's a couple of points I need to make.

While I agree, comparing Rage and the Mask topic is not a 1:1, our community will do exactly that. Look at some threads and discussions outside of this echo chamber and you'll see people suggest a change that could be seen as a buff to Jason and be met with outrage and replies like " Does Jason REALLY need another buff?!? After the Rage update he is already OP."

I read one such reply on Reddit earlier today.

So while I realize there is more to the topic than that simple comparison, part of my job is to anticipate the reaction to these proposed changes.

As far as making the change and why Gun "won't" listen, it's just not the case. This group needs to understand the difference between not listening and not agreeing. We HEAR you, we DON'T AGREE that the team should make a change that affects the entire player base to try and balance for the smaller percent that can take out a Jason on demand. 

And the idea that a forum built hit squad to try and crash a TALES from the STREAM episode so that you can "show me" is not only unnecessary, it also feels a bit short sighted. First off, there are ways to record footage other than live, so I guess what you're saying is that you want to crash a stream designed to spend time with the community. That's rude and bordering on toxic to try and take an event meant to be in good fun and turn it into a hunting party for the ComDev's head. Secondly, it's assuming that I'm the blocker for this change. As if it is all my decision and I'm just refusing to flip the switch. Third, it's assuming that this topic hasn't been covered in house here at Gun, when it has, repeatedly been discussed. And finally, it is again ignoring the fact that the team has stated why it is not something we're looking to do just yet. We don't see this as a need to tune for the entirety. 

Last thing to cover, yes, the team did originally intend for the Jason Kill to be rare. And if this were happening earlier on in the game's life, we would probably take that into account when deciding what to do for balance going forward. But there is, especially at this point, some consideration that needs to be given to the fact that players have been playing this way for a long time now. This would be a potentially big shake up and while the team is not against shaking things up, we do pay attention to that angle. We prepped for the Rage change and how that would shake up the community and decided in the end that it was important to the core design of the game. 

Topics like this one are super tricky. There is a skill gap in the player base. There is no way around that fact. But changing things based solely off one end of that skill gap or the other is not a smart way to balance the game. And any potential option that can cover the most experienced players without alienating the newer, less experienced players will have to be explored before pulling the trigger on a change like this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@mattshotcha thanks for the response. I want to ask if you watched @Seraphic King clips he tagged you in. Him and I made those clips and it showed me shooting him with a shotgun and perfectly timing the 1 hit indefensible de mask properly with buggzy. I want to ask what you think of that? If that was a real game and tommy and sweater girl were there jason would be dead without any sort of defense on Jason’s side. And there’s plenty of counselors who can time the indefensible hit properly to. It’s very unfair for Jason players to have to deal with this nonsense. I watched videos of Jason from awhile ago and out of stuns his invincibility lasted a whole lot longer. That’s the way it should be still. Not sure why that was taken out.

19 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

@mattshotcha thanks for the response. I want to ask if you watched @Seraphic King clips he tagged you in. Him and I made those clips and it showed me shooting him with a shotgun and perfectly timing the 1 hit indefensible de mask properly with buggzy. I want to ask what you think of that? If that was a real game and tommy and sweater girl were there jason would be dead without any sort of defense on Jason’s side. And there’s plenty of counselors who can time the indefensible hit properly to. It’s very unfair for Jason players to have to deal with this nonsense. I watched videos of Jason from awhile ago and out of stuns his invincibility lasted a whole lot longer. That’s the way it should be still. Not sure why that was taken out.

While being able to hit Jason for damage before he can react is not ideal, this is still a rigged environment.

You have a Buggzy with very specific perks, rolled to be high attributes, with a shotgun sitting next to an ax, and still need a Tommy and a Sweater Girl. And you keep calling it a "1 hit indefensible de mask" which isn't entirely accurate either. There are clearly a lot of parameters to set up in order for this to be a thing, which is why you shared a clip of it from a private match. It's not as if every round you can strut up to Jason and take his mask with an actual single hit. You'll still need the shotgun, ax nearby, and specific perk set, etc.

Is it possible, sure. But this isn't the undeniable proof you think it is. 

33 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

While being able to hit Jason for damage before he can react is not ideal, this is still a rigged environment.

You have a Buggzy with very specific perks, rolled to be high attributes, with a shotgun sitting next to an ax, and still need a Tommy and a Sweater Girl. And you keep calling it a "1 hit indefensible de mask" which isn't entirely accurate either. There are clearly a lot of parameters to set up in order for this to be a thing, which is why you shared a clip of it from a private match. It's not as if every round you can strut up to Jason and take his mask with an actual single hit. You'll still need the shotgun, ax nearby, and specific perk set, etc.

The fact Counselors are allowed to do this and it can be done is ridiculous. This is pretty much a 1 hit de mask. Sure is close enough to call it that. Any sort of prior damage and you got a 10 strength counselor his mask will come off. It’s not too hard to shoot Jason and then hit him once. Jason shouldn’t be so fragile to the point where as jason you have to be so worried to get shot once or hit a couple times with a machete or axe. It’s flat out wrong on so many levels. 

And ive seen this happen several times as counselor and it’s happened to me as jason and I’ve been killed over this nonsense indefensible hit to. And getting tommy and a sweater girl isn’t hard if it’s a kill squad who knows what they’re doing...... 1 person let’s jason kill them OR they can even set a trap and kill one another. One suicides. And there they got tommy as they wish Just like that. Then all they have to do is get sweater. Not that hard and the specific parameters aren’t that hard to get. You’d know this if you played with a kill squad for 1 night and see how broken/OP this set up is. 

I can share several clips from real games from this nonsense happening..... if you want to see them. And not just from me but from several other players as well have them to. And if we do share it you’ll tell us we don’t know what prior damage was done to Jason like you did before... 

@everyone post clips on clips on clips of Jason kills

• Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 7:00 PM, Urmomsnewman said:

[um ya EVERYONES personal experience not just players that play everyday]

Fun fact for you... when players are saying the opposite of what everyone else is seeing, chances are, they are full of shit. Being I am actually an honest person and just call it like I see it... there are more than enough people seeing the same things I am for me to know who is full of shit (not just on this platform)... I fully understand how situational everything is... but when some people are stating the polar opposite of what is actually happening consistently for so many... I tend to take the word of the honest few. There will always be more crybabies than not... and at this time in history, there are WAY more crybabies than every before. Some of these things they say I can see being consistent for some of these people IF every single match they have ever played was with lobbies full of do nothing and completely incompetent players... and they took absolutely no time to learn any other aspect of this game other than beating on Jason... and never even tried to use dodge... Then, and ONLY then... maybe... and if that is the case... and I am not part of the "git gud" community... but they need to git gud.

[yes and as Matt said more people complain about Jason being unstoppable after rage more so then him being easy to kill]

Another fun fact for you... the rage buff made Jason even easier to kill. Reasons for this have been stated MANY times already so I won't bore you with more facts than you can handle. Many players just do not know this... and if they choose not to look into these things for themselves, then that is on them.
   After speaking with MANY players that came here to complain about the rage buff it was made clear by MANY of them that they were the ones using Jason as a piñata and wished for this behavior to continue... all of these conversations that happened on these forums are still there and easy to find... Listening to the people that were responsible for causing the issue that the buff was put into place to prevent is counter productive.
   Another fun fact... Matt also said in a recent stream that the rage buff is not going anywhere... But adjustments may yet be made. Face it, piñata parties are a thing of the past and are going to stay that way... If so many people think Jason is invulnerable in rage, then why do they insist on bringing it on quick by beating on him for shits and giggles?... Sounds to me like this is just the idiots that liked to use Jason as a piñata making the game more difficult for EVERYBODY ELSE that is still in the game.

[again MORE people beg to differ]

Indeed... and here are some more fun facts... just for you. It is MUCH harder to find honest people than it is to find people who are full of shit... dishonest people quickly become apparent through even a short conversation with a few simple questions about the subject.... And crybabies will be crybabies... Listening to crybabies is the wrong way to go... for ANYTHING.

The devs vision of this game is simple.... ASYMETRICAL horror survival game... The killer is supposed to be overpowered, but the potential victims are just that... "Potential"... With the concept of an overpowered killer, the potential victims need to work together to survive, and not all of them will survive... in general. Sometimes, all of them will die... and other times all of them will escape... and everything in between. I think they were going with a 5 out of 8 as an average... If you understand how averages actually work... the number of games I have seen with Jason players getting zero kills alone would be enough to bring the average down to 6 even with all of these people saying every game they see is 8 of 8.
   There is no horror if no one is dying... There is no fear of a killer that is being used as a pinata for ANY length of time... There is no slasher in the slasher game if no one gets slashed... and very little fear of dying at all if 4 or more players are escaping in EVERY match... If you cannot do math... 4 is half of 8 of Jason's possible victims... and you can take four players out in one car. If there is zero concern for one's player, then how can it be a horror game?... People complaining about the rage buff are showing their brand new fear for Jason instead of their utter lack of fear AND respect for him. It did its job, whether others can see this or not.
    I just happen to like the whole "asymmetrical balance" thing... It is different. This game, like any other, is simply not for everyone... Players that cannot handle dying a lot in a game will not like this game, or the balance the devs are going for... and there is only one reason for that. We ALL die a lot in this game... some of us escape far more than others, but everyone manages to escape at some point... Out of ten matches you play... how many do you survive?... Take your next ten matches and keep track... and I will give you my own average.

On 9/7/2019 at 8:54 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

that was painful to read

Yes, it was.

On 9/8/2019 at 7:26 AM, Urmomsnewman said:

the rage “buff” was the dumbest thing they have done to this game

Yes... you have said that... and you have also said in the past that you were one of the people using Jason as a piñata... and again... Why exactly should the opinions of the people that were the cause of the issue that the buff was put in to deal with matter at all?... Everyone knows exactly why they are complaining... and when you are complaining about anything put in place to prevent the behavior you are responsible for... you will find it falling on deaf ears... unless it is a fool doing the listening.

On 9/8/2019 at 11:10 AM, OCT 31 1978 said:

I still have met VERY few players in game with an actual complaint about the rage buff. But I have talked to a few now. 

On 9/8/2019 at 11:42 AM, OCT 31 1978 said:

I didn’t say you were wrong .....I said I disagree with it.....just like I disagree with Matt using that ratio as well

Indeed... such a claim should be backed up with an actual count... and compared to the ratio of the toxic members of the community vs those with some rationality... I bet the numbers are identical... Quick play in this game can be one of the more toxic places you can visit on the internet... and that is where this lovely multi platform community all came from... But, good and bad in every group... that is just the way it is. 
   This post is getting long though... I'll be back... "soon".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Even without the perks, Buggzys default stats would take around 3 hits with a machete to demask. Remember that Buggzy has 10/10 strength. Some players worry about that and why does Jason have to worry about human strength when he is inhuman nowadays, with like Super Strength.

3 hits, and there are 3 possible shotguns. You’re also not thinking about something else when it comes to indefensible hits... it doesn’t have to be only one person to do an indefensible hit,  it can be MULTIPLE. Multiple players will stand around Jason waiting to hit him with an indefensible hit. Should I record that and send that to you as well? Indefensible hits are not only not ideal, they’re unfair and a pain in the ass. 

Why is it that counselors can take up to 6 hits from a neutral strength Jason (with thick skin) and Jason can only take 3 before mask comes off and he dies.

Homie, I get you’re a busy man, I am too. In fact I think most of the dudes here are, and I get that we are not the majority but, we are the ones who put hours into your product, the level 150s. The ones who actually decided to  sign up to this forum. This is literally the only forum I made an account for. I am an honest person and I am not lying to you when I say the Jason kill is easy. Why does it seem like you’re trying hard to not see our points. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1