DontZzz34

GUN not agreeing with the community that the Jason kill is too easy???

Level matching(if even possible) wouldn't work either, high level people on Steam could go and create a new account using family share start at level 1 just to mess around with low level people.LOL I know I think evil.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Urmomsnewman said:

And yet all everyone keeps arguing that  new players playing as Jason die to easy and it’s getting them to quit playing the game but then you also say it should be very difficult to play as a counselor for said new players? Would that not have the same effect?

The thing is, making the Jason kill harder to pull would have next to zero impact regarding the difficulty of playing as a counselor. It would not help Jason catch/kill anyone any faster or easier than it is right now. And like OCT 31 1978 said, there's still plenty of ways to escape or survive at their disposal. The majority of ppl who would be the most affected by the change would probably be those who only aim for the Jason kill. The kill should be one of the hardest way to win a match and a last resort method to do it, kinda like surviving the night. Right now it's simply not the case.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Level matching(if even possible) wouldn't work either, high level people on Steam could go and create a new account using family share start at level 1 just to mess around with low level people.LOL I know I think evil.

You're not thinking evil, you're telling it like it is.

People that can abuse a system, will abuse a system.

11 minutes ago, makred78 said:

The kill should be one of the hardest way to win a match and a last resort method to do it, kinda like surviving the night.

The Jason kill should be the hardest win condition.

Surviving the night should be second.

Escaping should be and potentially is the easiest victory condition.

• Like 2

The problem is right now the Jason kill is the easiest and fastest and most rewarding in terms of XP counselor victory.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SirMang said:

The problem is right now the Jason kill is the easiest and fastest and most rewarding in terms of XP counselor victory.

We're all wondering what "solution" will be implemented to resolve it, if any...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

It’s amazing when someone has a different opinion then you and “they are full of shit” maybe if you actually didn’t play the game for hours a day since launch it would be tough for you to?

When you make absurd claims that are clearly and blatantly false, and try to pass them off as actual facts and not personal opinions, you are full of shit. It's not a matter of his opinion, it's his "facts" (and I use the term "facts" very lightly here).

• Like 1

Trying to start a car as AJ when Jason is in rage takes more effort then going for the sweater kill. I see why people go for the kill often, it's an easy way to escape and end the game. Gun should make sure the Jason kill is the hardest method of trying to survive against Jason, but sadly it's not. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2019 at 3:50 PM, thrawn3054 said:

You don't even need a good squad. One competent sweater girl and Tommy is all you need. I've had those kill squad nights. We pretty much only ever failed if the kill glitched

Ik. I was meaning you need a good kill squad if you want the 90% consistency. Killing Jason with randos can be hit or miss. Noob Tommy’s being an example. 

On 8/31/2019 at 5:20 PM, Urmomsnewman said:

Again coming from a max level player that plays I’m sure daily (I hear your name in almost every beyond stream) the issue is average players that maybe play 1 or 2 times a week or don’t have a forum account you know the majority of players, they find it hard enough especially now with the rage buff ( which I wouldn’t care if they took the kill out totally if they got rid of that shit)

and those average players prob don’t really go for the kill every game either. And I’ve killed Jason before with a player that just started playing on their first day. They hit Jason with tommy once with an axe. Then I told them once I sweater stun press RT and A. New players can do this and so can average players. So the excuse that it’s already hard enough for average players doesn’t really cut it. Besides, killing Jason should only be something that is done by experienced players. It should take a lot more skill and effort to accomplish. Not something a player can pull off on their first day of playing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Ik. I was meaning you need a good kill squad if you want the 90% consistency. Killing Jason with randos can be hit or miss. Noob Tommy’s being an example. 

and those average players players prob don’t really go for the kill every game either. And I’ve killed Jason before with a player that just started playing on their first day. They hit Jason with tommy once with an axe. Then I told them once I sweater stun press RT and A. New players can do this and so can average players. So the excuse that it’s already hard enough for average players doesn’t really cut it. Besides, killing Jason should only be something that is done by experienced players. It should take a lot more skill and effort to accomplish. Not something a player can pull off on their first day of playing.

But do you not think it would be harder and unlikely for less experienced players to get the kill if a more experienced player wasn't taking the lead on mics and giving them instructions. I've got to say, that situation you gave as an example is very rare with my time in EU. One way to make it harder for lower levels is matchmaker to fill lobbies with similar levels, not a level 10 and 150's.

The only time I really see Jason deaths is with dedicated death squads in a lobby. With Every match, that is their sole objective, nothing else.  This us ps4 BTW. 

Overall I don't see the jason kill happen much, gun can see on the server side how many players have killed Jason and its probably very rare. 

28 minutes ago, kohagan said:

But do you not think it would be harder and unlikely for less experienced players to get the kill if a more experienced player wasn't taking the lead on mics and giving them instructions. I've got to say, that situation you gave as an example is very rare with my time in EU. One way to make it harder for lower levels is matchmaker to fill lobbies with similar levels, not a level 10 and 150's.

The only time I really see Jason deaths is with dedicated death squads in a lobby. With Every match, that is their sole objective, nothing else.  This us ps4 BTW. 

Overall I don't see the jason kill happen much, gun can see on the server side how many players have killed Jason and its probably very rare. 

Well that’s just too damn bad if less experienced players don’t get the kill because they don’t know what to do and someone experienced isn’t leading them through the process. Maybe if they want to know how kill Jason they can watch YT videos how to do it, make friends with experienced players and do it with them, and overall get good enough to be able to pull off killing Jason. Catering to noobs and making the kill so easy they can do it isn’t really the way to handle it. Only good players should be the ones killing Jason. 

The Jason kill not happening that often doesn’t matter or mean anything. Ever since the rage buff it seems more and more lobbies are focusing on escaping/objectives. You don’t see as many piñata parties anymore or people trying to kill Jason as much as before. 

The number of times Jason has died is a big number. I’ve killed him 100s of times and I don’t even go for the kill all that much anymore cause it got so boring. Some kill squads are definitely in the 100s-1000 Jason kills. Totaling up the number Jason has died in his own game is probably a lot. 

1 hour ago, kohagan said:

One way to make it harder for lower levels is matchmaker to fill lobbies with similar levels, not a level 10 and 150's.

Go up to the top of the page, I explained why this wouldn't work at least on PC. I don't own any consoles so I'm clueless if there is family sharing on consoles. High levels can go create alternate accounts and start from level 1 just so  they could mess with noobs. I know people that do this.I had to do it because a relative screwed up my account. It is kind of ironic though starting over and going against high levels and they rage quit because a level 2 Jason with 150 experience was able to kill them.

• Like 1

I found myself against a team of 5 who were going to hit me directly to kill me and even let me get to the car to hurt me or put traps in the fuse. Nothing I can do I remembered this topic.

15 hours ago, Brogan322 said:

Trying to start a car as AJ when Jason is in rage takes more effort then going for the sweater kill. I see why people go for the kill often, it's an easy way to escape and end the game. Gun should make sure the Jason kill is the hardest method of trying to survive against Jason, but sadly it's not. 

IMO The act of killing Jason should be easy.  The window of time that Jason can be killed in should be much smaller.

Tommy should not show up till the last few mins of the game.    Tommy is the result of getting KILLED when playing as a counselor.   Tommy should not show up with 15+ mins left in the game.   Getting Tommy should NOT be a reward for allowing Jason to kill you early in game.    Instead it should be a reward for players who stuck around till the end of the game to have ONE last chance at saving someone or going for a Jason kill.

I don't think its that much more complicated then that.  

To balance Tommy showing up in the last few mins of the game.  Make Tommy still be able to stun Jason with Melee Weapons.

On 8/30/2019 at 6:11 PM, tyrant666 said:

If Jason had the tools he had at launch. This probably wouldn't be as glaring as it is now.

I'd say a fair trade is something like this that should keep mains on both sides happy.

For Counselor.

Allow Jason to be stunned in rage with any weapon again, but the weapons break instantly regardless. This should help the slower/repair based counselors have more of a chance of surviving the night. Yes it does help the faster/more meta counselors, but with the trade being the weapon breaking instantly. I think that's a fair trade. Before rage, the weapons will have their normal durability plus whatever based on perks and said counselor stats. Bottom line, don't want him to get to rage? DON'T LOOK TO HIT HIM FOR NO REASON other than stamina regeneration. If you get him to rage and you start losing your weapons quickly. That's your fault.

For Jason.

Bring back godframes. This allowed him seconds of invincibilty after a stun, which prevented him from being possibly chainstunned or damage stunned without any real protection. Removing this made no sense. Back then, people made the claim that it was a lazy band aid for Jason and made him too strong. Well times have changed and it should return.

The other tool you give him back is meat shielding. This allowed him to plausibly grab a counselor in a 2 vs 1 scenario, quickly spin them around to have his back in front of them and they COULD NOT FREE the counselor if Jason had his back towards them. This was a great protection in crowds, making grabs not COMPLETELY USELESS in crowds. Once this was removed, it basically made grabs in any scenario where Jason was not 1 vs 1 a total joke because its now instant freedom for every melee hit, thus forcing him to become a slasher in all crowd situations, which in turn opens him up to being demasked and killed quicker, REGARDLESS OF COMBAT STANCE.

You could give him his old combat quick blocking back as a token buff, but I'd much rather have the other two as they help massively in the crowd game.

I feel like if you did the above things, that would be a decent trade balance. I feel like we need video/visual evidence from back then to show what he was like around launch because outside of the OG launch players, people seem to have no idea what these mechanics are or were.

I totally agree with this.

@mattshotcha Pay attention to suggestions

• Like 3

On 8/30/2019 at 1:58 PM, malloymk said:

Just my opinion, but the game would be better if killing Jason wasn't even an option.

I admit I'm likely in the minority here. 

You probably are in the minority but you are certainly not alone.  Why fear something you can kill?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

IMO The act of killing Jason should be easy.  The window of time that Jason can be killed in should be much smaller.

Tommy should not show up till the last few mins of the game.    Tommy is the result of getting KILLED when playing as a counselor.   Tommy should not show up with 15+ mins left in the game.   Getting Tommy should NOT be a reward for allowing Jason to kill you early in game.    Instead it should be a reward for players who stuck around till the end of the game to have ONE last chance at saving someone or going for a Jason kill.

To balance Tommy showing up in the last few mins of the game.  Make Tommy still be able to stun Jason with Melee Weapons.

Or just make Jason killable final 5 minutes so tommy can still try and save others 

there has been times I’d fill up a entire 4 seat car go to exit and let them take the car and escape and go 1v1 Jason as tommy should 😁

4 hours ago, The Rain said:

I totally agree with this.

@mattshotcha Pay attention to suggestions

When have they payed attention to our suggestions? 🙁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Well that’s just too damn bad if less experienced players don’t get the kill because they don’t know what to do and someone experienced isn’t leading them through the process. Maybe if they want to know how kill Jason they can watch YT videos how to do it, make friends with experienced players and do it with them, and overall get good enough to be able to pull off killing Jason. Catering to noobs and making the kill so easy they can do it isn’t really the way to handle it. Only good players should be the ones killing Jason. 

The Jason kill not happening that often doesn’t matter or mean anything. Ever since the rage buff it seems more and more lobbies are focusing on escaping/objectives. You don’t see as many piñata parties anymore or people trying to kill Jason as much as before. 

The number of times Jason has died is a big number. I’ve killed him 100s of times and I don’t even go for the kill all that much anymore cause it got so boring. Some kill squads are definitely in the 100s-1000 Jason kills. Totaling up the number Jason has died in his own game is probably a lot. 

What I meant was that for the majority of players( on ps4 eu anyway ) which is a  low level casual player base on quick play  - they don't kill jason very often.

The example you gave was saying low levels shouldn't be killing jason on their first day - that only happened because you helped them along. They probably wouldn't of got the kill without your help.

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

The returning player can also have escaped. The point of Tommy is to be a hero and help save others. 3 minutes barely gives them time to do this.

23 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

When have they payed attention to our suggestions? 🙁

That's not fair really. They listened to the complaints about the pinata parties and took action. While I didn't like the action they took, they did listen. I'm sure they do listen to our suggestions. It's just actually implementing them hasn't happened much. To be fair, considering how terrible some of the suggestions that have been floated on the forums have been, who could blame them? The entire point of Matt's response was, we do listen. We just can't implement every idea. Due to limited resources, and balance concerns. 

23 minutes ago, kohagan said:

What I meant was that for the majority of players( on ps4 eu anyway ) which is a  low level casual player base on quick play  - they don't kill jason very often.

The example you gave was saying low levels shouldn't be killing jason on their first day - that only happened because you helped them along. They probably wouldn't of got the kill without your help.

Yes I did help. But the point of my example was the work they had to put in was so little. All this day 1 tommy did was press RT to get mask off I kinda signaled them when to swing, I press Y, then I said RT and A. Boom Jason killed. Prior damage was just me being a bully with a bat. Maybe a couple shotguns to as far as I know. 

@thrawn3054 20 minute piñata parties they took care of which was good. But that’s really all they’ve done. And the rage buff was kinda lazy. They didn’t buff Jason properly at ALL. When are we going to get any proper buffs? The block/swing delay is a huge issue for Jason they still are yet to implement. This has been an issue since engine upgrade and they’re still yet to fix it..... even after everyone complaining about it. Also it’s insanely obvious Jason needs more mask HP and they argue with us about it like we’re wrong even though the proof is in the pudding. We show them Jason can get de masked without any defensive counter and get killed and they brush it off. 

I wouldn’t consider this them listening to their own player base at all. Any aaa dev company would’ve taken care of all these issues the game has a long time ago

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

@thrawn3054 20 minute piñata parties they took care of which was good. But that’s really all they’ve done. And the rage buff was kinda lazy. They didn’t buff Jason properly at ALL. When are we going to get any proper buffs? The block/swing delay is a huge issue for Jason they still are yet to implement. This has been an issue since engine upgrade and they’re still yet to fix it..... even after everyone complaining about it. Also it’s insanely obvious Jason needs more mask HP and they argue with us about it like we’re wrong even though the proof is in the pudding. We show them Jason can get de masked without any defensive counter and get killed and they brush it off. 

I wouldn’t consider this them listening to their own player base at all 

I was among those who didn't like the rage update. I disliked it for the very reason that it didn't solve the core issues. What I've also come to understand, is fixing all the things that many of us wanted, was going to take alot of effort and resources to do. Possibly more than they thought would be feasible. If they had decided to make the changes we'd asked for how long would it have taken? We'd probably still be waiting. Obviously I don't work for Gun and can only guess at their thought processes. But not implementing something doesn't mean they don't listen. It just means, for whatever reason they decided it wasn't the best route to take.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

The returning player can also have escaped. The point of Tommy is to be a hero and help save others. 3 minutes barely gives them time to do this.

That's not fair really. 

I really don't care if someone can't do something in 3 mins.  Its not supposed to be fair for Tommy. 

Besides, The point of Tommy is to KILL Jason.  

If people want to be a hero.. They can be a hero with the counselor they chose at the start of the game and act like a hero all match long.

If they want kill Jason with Tommy.  3 mins is more than enough time to pull off a kill.   Also. if Jason runs away or Jumps in the lake, then theres only a few mins left in the game anyways.

It makes ZERO sense for Tommy to come into the game so early.. Or for Jason to even be in a position to die too early.  Both of that should be late game.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I really don't care if someone can't do something in 3 mins.  Its not supposed to be fair for Tommy. 

If people want to be a hero.. They can be a hero with the counselor they chose at the start of the game and act like a hero all match long.

If they want kill Jason with Tommy.  3 mins is more than enough time to pull off a kill.   Also. if Jason runs away or Jumps in the lake, then theres only a few mins left in the game anyways.

It makes ZERO sense for Tommy to come into the game so early.. Or for Jason to even be in a position to die too early.  Both of that should be late game.  

Killing Jason is only one purpose for Tommy. Not the only one. The point of his existence is to save the remaining counselors. By helping them survive the night, escape, or kill Jason. Your argument really makes no sense. If you were arguing for making Tommy harder to call, sure. But you're basically saying he shouldn't come back until a certain time because you don't like him coming in early. 

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

When have they payed attention to our suggestions?

I'm sure they are listening to a certain degree. Don't take their silence to mean they are ignoring us.

With the way things are in the game now, it's more of an issue with players asking for something versus demanding it. When people start demanding things, the ones who are on the receiving end of those demands can get heated, and it shows in their responses to us. I found similar discussions on Reddit, and look at the exchange between the members there with our community lead, and compare them to the conversations being held here. I can only imagine the conversations on Facebook and Twitter are about the same.

If the developers were ignoring us, then all of their social media presence (including this forum) could have been shut down at any time. None of us would be having this or any kind of conversation if that were the case.

Hopefully by tomorrow, we can resume this discussion with our community lead, and we can get closer to making the game a little bit better off than it currently is. Here's to hoping our concerns can lead to change for the better.

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

I wouldn’t consider this them listening to their own player base at all. Any aaa dev company would’ve taken care of all these issues the game has a long time ago

Any company with a large enough team and sufficient resources could have resolved these issues. It doesn't have to be a AAA company.

40 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Every counselor (Tommy included) has an intended role and an actual role. The intended role is based on their stats, while the actual role is entirely up to the player that wields them. I've seen some really impressive outside the box thinking with people in Quick Play.

In all honesty, I don't see Tommy's arrival ever being changed. It'll probably be because of the core mechanics of the game, which I'm guessing aren't going to be altered this late in the game's life cycle. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see what the future holds.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 5:21 AM, kohagan said:

I wouldn’t say it’s rare, but I’d put it at 25 to 30 percent of matches. I mostly play quick play and Jason kills happen once or twice every 10 games, and that’s on a good night. I have been in lobby’s though when Jason is killed 9 out of 10 times, but it doesn’t happen often.

Eh...I think its just time to throw in the white towel sadly.

1. Content is dead

2. They can only do one thing at a time in terms of fixes

3. The game still breaks

4. Every balance change requires nearly a full year before being revisited

5. They're more pro active in blocking videos showing unreleased content than moving the needle of the game in a timely fashion

6. They remove double xp too soon, giving newer players basically zero incentive to stick around. The ones that want to stick around anyway

The game now is largely what the game will be 6 months from now, a year from now. I just think I'll find myself playing less and less. I've already taken big breaks at interval. The definition of insanity tends to be doing the same thing over and over, expecting a difference. That's what the game is nowadays.

Basically here's what to expect come December for xmas

Spoiler Alert...

Double XP for 3 days...

tumblr_p1j7xpNBq31whifb8o1_540.gif