DontZzz34

GUN not agreeing with the community that the Jason kill is too easy???

7 hours ago, RaidCasto said:

Wasnt there a thread on here about how many times youve been killed as Jason...

And some people actually replied, "zero".  

And its too easy?  Jason got killed every movie, he doesnt get killed every match.  Its 7 on 1.  Deal with it.

You say 7 on 1 ....Like Jason Being killed should be expected.....and that he is the one at a disadvantage ......this is the problem.

The kill was never intended to be a given every match or every other match or once every 4 or 5 matches the ratio was meant to be quite higher........Jason is supposed to be over powered and overwhelming The kill should feel earned it is not at this point.

p.s. Jason was stopped in all the movies but was not killed in every movie.......

3 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Thank you @mattshotcha for your comments! I believe there was just a poll on this very forum a few days ago “ how many times have you been killed as Jason” several posts from the people in this very thread were saying how the have only died a handful of times in 2 years and how they clear lobbies before they even hit rage. I myself think the Jason kill could be a bit tougher but I’m ok with it the way it is especially when a player who has played this game almost daily since release is Jason (a lot of the people complaining in this thread) it’s definitely nice to see you get feedback from other sources as most people who don’t play constantly and are not in this forum have a voice.

The Team should definitely do their research from all outlets....

the information @mattshotcha and the team require won’t be just in the feedback of this community or Twitter or Facebook ....it will be found in play testing and videos which I am sure will soon be readily available....

1 hour ago, makred78 said:

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, if we are to acknowledge what Matt said earlier about this forum not being representative of the entire player base, logically it also applies to these kind of pools and not just this thread we have here. Their results don't necessarily represent the majority of said player base.

@makred78

Good point!

I also want to say....

Though there are members here that have not died often it doesn’t Change the fact that we witness and participate in the kill process during many matches which also has a large bearing on our opinions about why we think the kill is so easy to accomplish.

@mattshotcha Here are a few clips, that prove that demasking Jason is a bit too easy. My friend @DontZzz34 and I went into a private match and this what came out of it. https://xboxclips.com/Seraphic King/950cb5f3-cbce-41b3-b529-51010a4f3b89 & https://xboxclips.com/Seraphic King/f5224786-49d4-4b96-8fb7-adbebd92dd88 ( Skip to 3:26)

In the first clip, I get hit with a shotgun then, hit with an indefensible hit. The shotgun is 20 damage, meaning that, that hit did 80 damage! The second clip, is just to show you how few hits it usually takes. Now, you got this and full lobby kill squads ..... Jason is underpowered in this sense. The perks Buggzy had were Slugger 14% damage, Thrasher 23%, and Man at arms 2%. 

Even you have to admit that this is a tad bit ridiculous. If you're still skeptical play against a kill squad that knows their shit.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Seraphic King said:

@mattshotcha Here are a few clips, that prove that demasking Jason is a bit too easy. My friend @DontZzz34 and I went into a private match and this what came out of it. https://xboxclips.com/Seraphic King/950cb5f3-cbce-41b3-b529-51010a4f3b89 & https://xboxclips.com/Seraphic King/f5224786-49d4-4b96-8fb7-adbebd92dd88 ( Skip to 3:26)

In the first clip, I get hit with a shotgun then, hit with an indefensible hit. The shotgun is 20 damage, meaning that, that hit did 80 damage! The second clip, is just to show you how few hits it usually takes. Now, you got this and full lobby kill squads ..... Jason is underpowered in this sense. The perks Buggzy had were Slugger 14% damage, Thrasher 23%, and Man at arms 2%. 

Even you have to admit that this is a tad bit ridiculous. If you're still skeptical play against a kill squad that knows their shit.

Thanks for posting this. Glad we took the time to make those clips. 

The proof is in the pudding. This is on a full health Jason to. And that’s all it took was just a shotgun and an indefensible hit on part 6. Seems pretty fair to me 😂 

And all it would’ve took in a real game from that point on is tommy with an axe, sweater girl. And then from there they just have to press y, RT, A. 

53 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Thanks for posting this. Glad we took the time to make those clips. 

The proof is in the pudding. This is on a full health Jason to. And that’s all it took was just a shotgun and an indefensible hit on part 6. Seems pretty fair to me 😂 

And all it would’ve took in a real game from that point on is tommy with an axe, sweater girl. And then from there they just have to press y, RT, A. 

No problem. Hopefully this shines some light and matt can see the light.

It doesn't matter what they do to make the jason kill harder. Groups that dedicate themselves to nothing but the kill will still master it quickly, and will start claiming its too easy again. For the average qp lobby it isn't the easiest thing to pull off with an uncoordinated group and I see it rarely tbh. 

Honestly depending on the factors makes it easy to kill jason if you are killing a part 7 jason its gonna be easy because hes easily stunned but if your going up againast a part 3 jason its harder to stun and it also depends on the player if you had to kill jason but he was good at being jason then right when he gets up he would morph away so he doesnt get his mask taken off or you could be killing a jason who is playing jason for the first time hes not gonna know the concept of being jason

16 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

@mattshotcha if the Jason kill wasn’t OP and broken for counselors kill squads wouldn’t have a ridiculously high success rate in killing Jason. I’m sorry, but we’re all players who PLAY the game. We see this firsthand that killing Jason is TOO easy more then you do. You clearly don’t see the struggle Jason has to go through. One game as jason I get sweater girl limping 3 times! Almost killed her I blocked and dodged every swing!!! They manage to hit me ONE time out of block and mask comes off and I die. If you’re gonna ask me anything, I’d say that’s a load of bullshit. I put up a way better fight then they did and shouldn’t have died. 

Be jason against a good kill squad then come back and talk to me about “balance.” This is insanity how much you aren’t even putting any of what we have to say into consideration. Game balance is obviously something you guys lack at doing. Before, several pk’s, guns, and 50% thick skin? Idk why you guys even thought that level of damage resistance was okay but it’s beyond me. Same thing goes with the Jason kill. Why would something as broken and OP as 1 hit de masks even be allowed in the game????!!!!! It’s not even fair. 

And I've killed several experienced Jason’s before as several other people have to. Even the best of the best Jason’s have died plenty of times. 

I’m sorry, but we’re all the ones in the right here and we know what we’re talking about. 90% success rate in killing Jason is enough information to tell you it’s way too one sided with the counselors. The counselors have the upper hand when it comes to killing Jason and that is a fact. No one can deny that is the case here. Jason has been killed one too many times in his own game that proves you are wrong. 

When the mask is off and the only thing now I have to do to is kill Jason with one another only involves Y, RT, and A. Lol

I truly believe the only thing to get you to agree with us is play as jason against a good kill squad. That could be something you stream. Please do it. 

Again most people on here talk about playing in groups and having “kill squads” which most likely are all max level players. I think it may be a bit easier then it should be to kill Jason when you have friends that play a lot in the game with you but if you are playing quick play by yourself it’s not easy at all and I think that’s what the majority of the player base do. So the FACTS as everyone keeps talking about in this thread  are not really facts at all but personal experiences of players who play the game alot more then the majority of the player base.

• Thanks 1

If you are a day one player like me, that has played many hours per week. It depends on the Jason player really, but yes it's simple if you set it up right. Give me Buggzy, and a machete. But, to the newer players. It must seem impossible at times, especially against a competent Jason. Giving Jason's mask more hit points is fine by me, I welcome the challenge. But, newer players would not like this. So, I get it. All it takes is to watch a few videos on YouTube, or listen to what people tell you if you're new to the game. And you can kill Jason too, there are so many ways to get open shots on Jason with minimal chance of repercussions. Baiting him to grab a teammate, windows, stun or pk animation... Where most newer players go wrong is they use the wrong weapon, and don't understand that stunning Jason causes very minimal damage.

Go read my scenario/experience on the Jason mask thread. A kill opportunity literally fell in my lap.I don't ever participate in hunting Jason on purpose in fact if I know a group is planning it ,I'll go get the sweater and purposely not use it or use it wrong just to mess with the kill squad because I think it's way too easy.  I only grabbed the sweater in my scenario as a stun device as I had no pocket knife or shotgun and I was near the police exit and expected Jason to try and cut me off. Granted that experience was maybe one in a thousand chance of happening again but I don't think it should have been that easy either.

Hey everyone. It’s the weekend so I’m out of office, but I wanted to stop in and let you know I’ve skimmed through the replies and will check out your footage once I have a few solid minutes to sit and get through it all and put together a real reply. Bit of a busy weekend but didn’t want you to think I walked away from the thread.

One quick thing I wanted to say was it’s not about me “opening my eyes” etc etc. It’s important to understand the difference between refusing to see your point and trying to see all points. I know a lot of you in here have been great at seeing both sides of the coin and I thank you. There’s also still some that seem to think I’m sticking my thumbs in my ears and singing lalala instead of hearing them. It’s not the case.

I appreciate everyone’s thoughts on this and will jump back in with some thoughts when I’m not on my mobile and at my desk at home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Again most people on here talk about playing in groups and having “kill squads” which most likely are all max level players. I think it may be a bit easier then it should be to kill Jason when you have friends that play a lot in the game with you but if you are playing quick play by yourself it’s not easy at all and I think that’s what the majority of the player base do. So the FACTS as everyone keeps talking about in this thread  are not really facts at all but personal experiences of players who play the game alot more then the majority of the player base.

I play solo in quick play all the time 😂 killing Jason doesn’t take much coordination. Getting the sweater, finding tommy, and dropping the axe and flickering your light is enough to communicate to tommy what you wanna do. I’ve done this many times with randoms and it’s been very successful as long as the tommy isn’t a bonehead. It’s easy solo and it’s easiest in a group. 

If Jason could fight groups more effectively and have more of a fair chance to keep his mask that’d go a long way in making the kill a bit harder. I know they won’t ever make it as hard as it should be or as hard as I prefer it to be. ☹️

• Like 1

@mattshotcha, it is Labor Day weekend. We wouldn't expect you to be all business at this time. Take some quality time with your family. Many of us are doing the same. This discussion will be here when you are ready to resume it.

To everyone else, get those valid arguments and solid pieces of evidence ready. This is gonna make for one really good discussion.

For everyone who celebrate Labor Day, have a pleasant one. For those who don't, enjoy your weekend as well.

To be continued...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2019 at 2:59 PM, RaidCasto said:

Wasnt there a thread on here about how many times youve been killed as Jason...

And some people actually replied, "zero".  

And its too easy?  Jason got killed every movie, he doesnt get killed every match.  Its 7 on 1.  Deal with it.

I was one of those people who haven't died. I'm fully aware it has to do with the quality of those have attempted it. Not because I'm some amazing Jason player.

On 8/30/2019 at 2:59 PM, DontZzz34 said:

There’s base health Jason’s that are all the same. Then you got pretty sure 2, 5, 6, and 9 that have lower health I wanna say

and @RaidCasto all it takes is a good kill squad to be on a team and they will kill jason about every game they’re in. I’ve had nights where we had a 90% success rate. About every game Jason was dying. The same goes for many other players as well with a 90% success rate. And players who claim they’ve never died hide in the lake, don’t show up to the fight at all, rage quit before dying, haven’t gone up against any good kill squads, avoid kill squads, or have just been lucky enough to not have gotten hunted very much as jason. 

You don't even need a good squad. One competent sweater girl and Tommy is all you need. I've had those kill squad nights. We pretty much only ever failed if the kill glitched.

22 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Thank you @mattshotcha for your comments! I believe there was just a poll on this very forum a few days ago “ how many times have you been killed as Jason” several posts from the people in this very thread were saying how the have only died a handful of times in 2 years and how they clear lobbies before they even hit rage. I myself think the Jason kill could be a bit tougher but I’m ok with it the way it is especially when a player who has played this game almost daily since release is Jason (a lot of the people complaining in this thread) it’s definitely nice to see you get feedback from other sources as most people who don’t play constantly and are not in this forum have a voice.

Not dying. Or not dying often doesn't mean there isn't an issue. Everything people say here will be anecdotal evidence. When you look at it as a whole is when you see it's a problem. 

19 hours ago, Strigoi said:

It makes no sense to make Jasons mask tougher to get off.

The axe is the only weapon that is heavy enough to hit Jason in the head to bring him to his knees when stunned by the sweater.

making the mask tougher creates problems in the game as then weapons must be stronger and last longer.

The machete is the best weapon to demask Jason. As for dropping Jason to his knees. A wrench or bat will work as well or better. Though that takes a third person. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I play solo in quick play all the time 😂 killing Jason doesn’t take much coordination. Getting the sweater, finding tommy, and dropping the axe and flickering your light is enough to communicate to tommy what you wanna do. I’ve done this many times with randoms and it’s been very successful as long as the tommy isn’t a bonehead. It’s easy solo and it’s easiest in a group. 

If Jason could fight groups more effectively and have more of a fair chance to keep his mask that’d go a long way in making the kill a bit harder. I know they won’t ever make it as hard as it should be or as hard as I prefer it to be. ☹️

Again coming from a max level player that plays I’m sure daily (I hear your name in almost every beyond stream) the issue is average players that maybe play 1 or 2 times a week or don’t have a forum account you know the majority of players, they find it hard enough especially now with the rage buff ( which I wouldn’t care if they took the kill out totally if they got rid of that shit)

22 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Again coming from a max level player that plays I’m sure daily (I hear your name in almost every beyond stream) the issue is average players that maybe play 1 or 2 times a week or don’t have a forum account you know the majority of players, they find it hard enough especially now with the rage buff ( which I wouldn’t care if they took the kill out totally if they got rid of that shit)

This game is honestly not hard provided your team does anything useful. If they don't, then it can definitely become difficult. I'm no fan of the rage update. But it was unfortunately needed. There were better solutions. But none that would have been as easy to achieve. It would have been a large undertaking to implement the better fixes. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

This game is honestly not hard provided your team does anything useful. If they don't, then it can definitely become difficult. I'm no fan of the rage update. But it was unfortunately needed. There were better solutions. But none that would have been as easy to achieve. It would have been a large undertaking to implement the better fixes. 

I’m sure stun immunity for say 10 sec after a stun and meat shielding would have been almost ironed out by now if the implemented at the time lol

6 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

I’m sure stun immunity for say 10 sec after a stun and meat shielding would have been almost ironed out by now if the implemented at the time lol

10 seconds would have been too much. 3 would have been sufficient. I assume that meat shielding and stun immunity/damage immunity would have been more involved and difficult to solve.

On 8/30/2019 at 5:47 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

You're full of shit, but then I guess some people just can't tolerate a challenge unless it's easy enough for an 8 year old to accomplish.

It’s amazing when someone has a different opinion then you and “they are full of shit” maybe if you actually didn’t play the game for hours a day since launch it would be tough for you to?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

It’s amazing when someone has a different opinion then you and “they are full of shit” maybe if you actually didn’t play the game for hours a day since launch it would be tough for you to?

Are you listening to your argument now players who play the game “too much” and know the mechanics are the problem???

Every player including new players have to adapt and gain some level of skill to thrive at playing this game........new players and casual players should be held to the same standard as players who play for “hours” the level of difficulty shouldn’t be held in place because.......any higher of a difficulty and a level 30 player may not be able to kill A Jason player........🤦‍♂️

The casual players with a low skill level still do have plenty of other ways to escape and survive instead of killing Jason.....

That should be reserved for the players who do play often and take the time to learn, grow and gain skill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@OCT 31 1978 I concur! The difficulty level should not be catered to the random bellow 30lvl players. As in any other other game: Play->learn->thrive.

Jason kill is pretty easy, demasking is way too easy. Only kills we ever have problems with, are the top tier Jasons. Though we've killed a few of those too.

And yeah, I've encountered these "I've never been killed" -Jasons.... It's not hard to run away or hide in the lake. News flash! Hiding to avoid getting killed don't make you good...  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

So what? Are they supposed to make the game easy because there are people who want to play the game, but they don't play it very often?

If the kill was only achieved once in every fifty to a hundred matches for the average player, this wouldn't be a big issue.

I'd like to believe that middle ground can be achieved. Killing Jason can be made more of a challenge, while at the same time, keeping the game fun and enticing for the casual player. The fun part will be getting there.

1 hour ago, lasse_hei said:

And yeah, I've encountered these "I've never been killed" -Jasons.... It's not hard to run away or hide in the lake. News flash! Hiding to avoid getting killed don't make you good...  

Some Jason players have yet to be killed, and don't hide in the lake. I tip my hat to those who have yet to be killed, and handle their business like a true badass.

And yet all everyone keeps arguing that  new players playing as Jason die to easy and it’s getting them to quit playing the game but then you also say it should be very difficult to play as a counselor for said new players? Would that not have the same effect?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Urmomsnewman said:

And yet all everyone keeps arguing that  new players playing as Jason die to easy and it’s getting them to quit playing the game but then you also say it should be very difficult to play as a counselor for said new players? Would that not have the same effect?

All Jason’s are easy to kill not just new players.......the process is extremely easy to accomplish.....( this is what needs to be fixed.)

No one is saying playing as counselors should be made harder.......most are asking for the process to either demask or kill Jason to be made more of a challenge........

High skill level Jason players are also susceptible to it ..... the only difference between new and experienced is how the player attempts to combat the kill attempt......once the Jason player is unmasked and set up with Tommy his weapon and SG.....old or new....the outcome will be the same.

Some players will quit playing whether they die as Jason or as a counselor.....it’s a mentality issue.....when I started playing for me getting killed by Jason was part of the fun........players shouldn’t be discouraged by this it’s part of the experience.......

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Not everyone is making the same argument. For an argument to take place, there have to be at least two difference sides.

There are players run off from the game because they are being killed as Jason back to back to back. Some players tough it out, adapt, and learn to survive. Others give up. That will happen in many games.

The issue many have with the Jason kill, is the ease of knocking the mask off in one hit with the right counselor, perks and weapon. Many people feel it shouldn't be that easy, and one can see why.

This discussion came about because some players want to see changes made. Given the point of this game's life cycle, we have no way to know what changes (if any) will come of it.

• Like 1