DontZzz34

GUN not agreeing with the community that the Jason kill is too easy???

13 pages of this more or less proves how much more of a blast the game was in beta for those who played it.

Even in the final days when people were previewing the future of the game by spamming Vanessa to no end against Part 3. The premise of the game was much more in line with the films. Fighting Jason was an option, stunning him could be done. However he was still an unstoppable entity and the focus was mostly escape.

A bit after launch, once people learned how to fight him and kill him. The game really became a poorly coded open world fighter that showed how out of touch the devs were to think the 1 in 75 stat would hold up. Maybe in their playtesting with people just goofing around perhaps.

Either the kill should've been much more difficult or it should've been kept off the table, like in beta. Beta was more hectic. Course it had its issues, like the usual game breaking bugs, the even easier meta cop call, etc.

• Like 1

I find it a bit hypocritical to remove my post that only told you how to do one little trick but it's ok to tell people whos videos to go watch to learn how to do them anyway.:wacko:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I find it a bit hypocritical to remove my post that only told you how to do one little trick but it's ok to tell people whos videos to go watch to learn how to do them anyway.:wacko:

I'm not capable of removing anything if that was directed towards me. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I'm not capable of removing anything if that was directed towards me. 

It wasn't just a general observation, I know you aren't a moderator or a admin. but you see my point right? Or maybe my logic is off a bit.

2 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Can we just get the option to toggle Jason kills off in lobbies??? 🤷🏼‍♂️

If they were to do that, no one would play. Killing Jason is the easiest win condition in the game for counselors. It takes a lot more effort and skill to complete objectives, no one wants to do that.

29 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

If they were to do that, no one would play. Killing Jason is the easiest win condition in the game for counselors. It takes a lot more effort and skill to complete objectives, no one wants to do that.

I don't know about that.  It seems to me the people who only play to kill Jason are a very small minority.

I played F13th for 8 hours over the weekend.  Only saw 3 games where people where going for the kill.  And only one Jason kill happen, due to the Jason player being stupid and walking right into it.

43 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I don't know about that.  It seems to me the people who only play to kill Jason are a very small minority.

I played F13th for 8 hours over the weekend.  Only saw 3 games where people where going for the kill.  And only one Jason kill happen, due to the Jason player being stupid and walking right into it.

I was being slightly sarcastic. It seems to be a 50/50 split in my experience. At least half the matches I play in has someone going for the kill.

6 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Lol. Shit. I would. I loved the days when I had to survive against an unkillable Jason. 

12 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I'd be more apt to fire up the game without a message or invite from my friends to play than I am now if two things were done...

Eliminate the Jason kill.  Fix the knifing the car into oblivion. 

Every game I play one of those two things happens.  Without fail.  

My friends will get me into a lobby and I'll play 2-3 games and be like yeah, I've had enough, i'm done. 

On 12/17/2019 at 10:36 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

Killing Jason is the easiest win condition in the game for counselors. It takes a lot more effort and skill to complete objectives, no one wants to do that.

I know some may disagree with me on this, but I still say this comes down to the skill level of both Jason and the counselors. A lv 5 Jason (assuming it is indeed a brand new player and not someone pretending to be one just for shits and giggles) is not going to survive a lobby full of 150's that go for the kill unless he refuses to engage. On the flip side, a lobby full of brand new counselors will almost definitely fail to kill an experienced, well-skilled Jason (I say ALMOST because... shit happens, maybe God wants Jason dead that round or something). Having said that, if there is no massive gap of skill between counselors and Jason (and assuming Tommy and SG are not complete retards), yes, killing him IS the easiest and fastest win condition. even if RNG slows the counselors down a little (nobody spawning at CB cabin, lack of machetes/axes, etc...)

Most of the time, however, somebody is going to spawn at the CB cabin, and if it's an actual group instead of just 2-3 people that decide to kill Jason on a whim, they're going to have Tommy called in the first 30 seconds. After that, it's a simple matter of finding Jason and going bonzai on him until a couple of counselors are dead. Whoever wants to play SG grabs a shotgun and camps Jason's shack until Tommy shows up, then grabs the sweater and waits. If the kamikaze's have done even a small amount of damage by that point, the two shotguns and axe will easily get the mask off and after that it's most likely GG for Jason.

18 hours ago, SirMang said:

I'd be more apt to fire up the game without a message or invite from my friends to play than I am now if two things were done...

Eliminate the Jason kill.  Fix the knifing the car into oblivion. 

Every game I play one of those two things happens.  Without fail.  

My friends will get me into a lobby and I'll play 2-3 games and be like yeah, I've had enough, i'm done. 

If they had removed the Jason kill, I can bet a whole lot of people would have stopped playing for that reason alone.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I know some may disagree with me on this, but I still say this comes down to the skill level of both Jason and the counselors. A lv 5 Jason (assuming it is indeed a brand new player and not someone pretending to be one just for shits and giggles) is not going to survive a lobby full of 150's that go for the kill unless he refuses to engage. On the flip side, a lobby full of brand new counselors will almost definitely fail to kill an experienced, well-skilled Jason (I say ALMOST because... shit happens, maybe God wants Jason dead that round or something). Having said that, if there is no massive gap of skill between counselors and Jason (and assuming Tommy and SG are not complete retards), yes, killing him IS the easiest and fastest win condition. even if RNG slows the counselors down a little (nobody spawning at CB cabin, lack of machetes/axes, etc...)

Most of the time, however, somebody is going to spawn at the CB cabin, and if it's an actual group instead of just 2-3 people that decide to kill Jason on a whim, they're going to have Tommy called in the first 30 seconds. After that, it's a simple matter of finding Jason and going bonzai on him until a couple of counselors are dead. Whoever wants to play SG grabs a shotgun and camps Jason's shack until Tommy shows up, then grabs the sweater and waits. If the kamikaze's have done even a small amount of damage by that point, the two shotguns and axe will easily get the mask off and after that it's most likely GG for Jason.

99 percent of the time in quick play you dont need even one shotgun regardless of how good the Jason thinks he is. Or how good he is on host for that matter. They simply can't enter the inputs in time to block your swing. Especially if you're running swift attack. Although that very method was used on me at Jarvis once. I didn't meet them at the shack because I knew they were together (Pamela goes off for each counselor entering the shack fyi) plus I didn't have any damage at that time. Long story short, 2 shotgun hits and a light attack from a machete was all it took to use up my 85 hitpoints. And they got the kill. Funny part was they only did it because they thought I was cheating because I came into the lobby with a friend. But my friend was the one that called Jarvis and was working on calling the cops when they demasked me at the phone house.

16 hours ago, Fair Play said:

If they had removed the Jason kill, I can bet a whole lot of people would have stopped playing for that reason alone.

IMO removing Jason kills would probably help the game.  Theres not many people who are fixated on Jason kills only.

A bunch of Try Hard Jason killers do more harm to the over all player base then anything else in the game.   It makes the game look silly, since counselors are supposed to act like rabbits not wolves. 

I mean, theres other things they could do.  But removing Jason kills, would probably be a good thing.

At the very least Tommy should not show up till the last few mins of the game.  Jason attacking counselors disarms them.  Attacking the sweater girl removes the sweater.    But I doubt anything will happen..

7 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

99 percent of the time in quick play you dont need even one shotgun regardless of how good the Jason thinks he is. Or how good he is on host for that matter. They simply can't enter the inputs in time to block your swing. Especially if you're running swift attack. Although that very method was used on me at Jarvis once. I didn't meet them at the shack because I knew they were together (Pamela goes off for each counselor entering the shack fyi) plus I didn't have any damage at that time. Long story short, 2 shotgun hits and a light attack from a machete was all it took to use up my 85 hitpoints. And they got the kill. Funny part was they only did it because they thought I was cheating because I came into the lobby with a friend. But my friend was the one that called Jarvis and was working on calling the cops when they demasked me at the phone house.

The small group of friends I kill Jason with recorded this a couple of nights ago. Apparently Jason still had most of his HP by the time I grabbed the sweater because it took longer than normal to remove the mask. I understand TIffany is a 2/10 on strength, but me and Tommy got off two synchronized heavy-attacks with an axe and machete and it wasn't enough to demask this pt 8 (who was a 150 by the way) but then he basically helped us get the kill because he WOULDN'T STOP GRABBING... For fucks sake dude, every time you grab me, Tommy's going to hit you. Every time you grab Tommy, I'M going to hit you. With the damage from earlier, it will not take much of that before your mask comes off. Even when it did, he still tried to grab instead of GTFO'ing away long enough to collect knives and think up some kind of strategy.

I get the logic behind it, I really do. Using a grab is a faster method of killing counselors than slashing. You've already grabbed Tommy and Sweater-GIrl at least once, so you know they're almost definitely out of PKs. If you can grab one of them one more time, you can use the fastest grab kill you've got equipped and then get back to killing counselors without having to worry about getting killed yourself. Sometimes this plan works and you get the satisfaction of flushing an attempted Jason-kill down the toilet, sometimes it doesn't work and you get to hear half the lobby laughing its ass off while watching you get killed before the round is even half over.

Skip to 6:45, that's when the shack was invaded.

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

IMO removing Jason kills would probably help the game.  Theres not many people who are fixated on Jason kills only.

A bunch of Try Hard Jason killers do more harm to the over all player base then anything else in the game.   It makes the game look silly, since counselors are supposed to act like rabbits not wolves. 

I mean, theres other things they could do.  But removing Jason kills, would probably be a good thing.

At the very least Tommy should not show up till the last few mins of the game.  Jason attacking counselors disarms them.  Attacking the sweater girl removes the sweater.    But I doubt anything will happen..

I can't speak for the capacity of people who are fixated on just the Jason kill. I know there are some who enjoy it a lot. Others enjoy it on occasion, and some detest it. Removing it from the game entirely would make some happy, but not others.

I made a new poll to see how the people feel about it.

• Thanks 2