DontZzz34

GUN not agreeing with the community that the Jason kill is too easy???

Probably easier at present as there are a lot of new players with no tactics. Never go for the power box or trap the phone or shack. I got a couple of Jason kills last night with just me and one other player mainly. 

Another night though a lobby was Jason killing got a few kills. Then I was Jason they didn't even get to call Tommy. Took out the right power box with a bit of luck. Trapped that and they just kept coming until I killed them all lol 😂

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 9:13 PM, SirMang said:

I don't know how a game that is so imbalanced could ever be considered competitive.

Even if the game was bug free, it's still not a competitive system at its core.

8 players of equal skill in a 7v1 setting will always favor the 7 side. 

I agree with this for the most part. 

There are times that Jason does kill an entire lobby even against good teams. But it is favored for counselors for the majority of the matches

we have a group of devs who don’t know how to fix bugs or even balance the game. They could start by making the kill hard and making objective parts spawn further away from their destinations

8 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I agree with this for the most part. 

There are times that Jason does kill an entire lobby even against good teams. But it is favored for counselors for the majority of the matches

we have a group of devs who don’t know how to fix bugs or even balance the game. They could start by making the kill hard and making objective parts spawn further away from their destinations

In competitions Jason usually kills most if not all of the counselors. Even well coordinated teams average losing more than half the lobby. You can consider yourself lucky to get more than two counselors out alive most of the time.

But in any case the points system for league matches isn't about the Jason so much. It's more about what the counselors can do. The Jason's goal is mostly to keep the opposing teams points as low as possible. In most leagues the Jason doesn't score any points at all except maybe bonus points for wiping the lobby.

You'd think it would be easy for a coordinated team to escape or kill even the best Jasons. After all Jason is weak right? And 7 vs 1 should favor the counselors. But these Jasons are some of the best in the world and are highly skilled at combat and controlling multiple objectives at the same time.

Most of the problem in quick play is everyone wants to run small maps, and usually with their favorite sub par Jason. And then there's the bad tactics. Like not even attempting the Tommy box. Or not collecting throwing knives as they go. And then the Jason runs right up to a group of counselors armed with machetes and axes and tries to grab kill them all...🤦‍♀️  Hell, I can't tell you how many times I've seen objectives go untrapped only to have the Jason rage quit because someone called the police 2 minutes into the match. They want to half ass a match and then they cry about it because they happen to try it in a lobby with tryhards.

"This isn't a competitive game"

"It's a novelty game"

"I don't see how it could be competitive"

😂 That all depends on the players. Not the game mechanics. Certainly not the glitches. If you do everything right and still die, I can understand your complaints. But if you half ass it and die like most of them, I don't feel a bit bad for you.

• Like 1

I'll give an example, well 2, of how Jason has no ability to stop people from planning/starting an escape...just working on the same objective.  This obviously doesn't take into account two different objectives being done at the same time.  

if you have 3 people together who have the fuse and their only goal is to make the call, Jason has no ability to stop them if they have sound strategy.  Sure, double trap the phone, 2 people tank the traps and one person is immediately fixing it.  The other two spray and protect the box while the person who fixed it hops in a window and calls.  All one counselor has to do is stand in front of the fuse box and Jason won't get the X prompt to disable it.  He'll have to go through the counselor who's body blocking the box to disable.  Which he won't have enough time to do.  So he can try to walk in the house and grab the person off the call, so the other counselor can just run after him and smack him.  Now of course those counselors will have to survive for those 3:45 to 5 minutes and then make it to the cops, but there's no way to combat a small team at the phone house.  

If you have 1 extra person at a fixed car, even if Jason is there...one person gets in the drivers seat and the extra just body blocks the car door.  Jason then gets no X prompt to pull them out.  The car is started and someone who knows how to drive and runs NoS isn't going to be stopped by any Jason seeing Jason never comes off the drivers mini-map unless he goes into a cabin and activates stalk.  Problem with that is in the time it's gonna take for Jason to do that, the car is going to be gone.  I like to think there is some honor among these competitive people and they're not going to be throwing knives at the car to destroy the car. 

Add shotguns or firecrackers to either of those and it's even easier.

I've body blocked plenty of Jason's from disabling objectives over the past 2 years.  It's easy.  It's simple.  And Jason has no counter to it.  Of course, a lot of people won't do this because they're afraid to let Jason kill you.  But when you're body blocking an objective Jason is going to try and slash his way through you as fast as possible so he can get the X prompt...if you have a spray, one of Jason's slashes is going to hit the house or hit the car instead of you, you just smack him and use the spray and take off. 

This game is heavily imbalanced towards the counselors when you understand how much as a counselor you can get away with and how much you can do that Jason has no ability to counter and that's without using any glitches. 

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

I'll give an example, well 2, of how Jason has no ability to stop people from planning/starting an escape...just working on the same objective.  This obviously doesn't take into account two different objectives being done at the same time.  

if you have 3 people together who have the fuse and their only goal is to make the call, Jason has no ability to stop them if they have sound strategy.  Sure, double trap the phone, 2 people tank the traps and one person is immediately fixing it.  The other two spray and protect the box while the person who fixed it hops in a window and calls.  All one counselor has to do is stand in front of the fuse box and Jason won't get the X prompt to disable it.  He'll have to go through the counselor who's body blocking the box to disable.  Which he won't have enough time to do.  So he can try to walk in the house and grab the person off the call, so the other counselor can just run after him and smack him.  Now of course those counselors will have to survive for those 3:45 to 5 minutes and then make it to the cops, but there's no way to combat a small team at the phone house.  

If you have 1 extra person at a fixed car, even if Jason is there...one person gets in the drivers seat and the extra just body blocks the car door.  Jason then gets no X prompt to pull them out.  The car is started and someone who knows how to drive and runs NoS isn't going to be stopped by any Jason seeing Jason never comes off the drivers mini-map unless he goes into a cabin and activates stalk.  Problem with that is in the time it's gonna take for Jason to do that, the car is going to be gone.  I like to think there is some honor among these competitive people and they're not going to be throwing knives at the car to destroy the car. 

Add shotguns or firecrackers to either of those and it's even easier.

I've body blocked plenty of Jason's from disabling objectives over the past 2 years.  It's easy.  It's simple.  And Jason has no counter to it.  Of course, a lot of people won't do this because they're afraid to let Jason kill you.  But when you're body blocking an objective Jason is going to try and slash his way through you as fast as possible so he can get the X prompt...if you have a spray, one of Jason's slashes is going to hit the house or hit the car instead of you, you just smack him and use the spray and take off. 

This game is heavily imbalanced towards the counselors when you understand how much as a counselor you can get away with and how much you can do that Jason has no ability to counter and that's without using any glitches. 

1) knife cancel would allow Jason to break the box even if you're body blocking it

2) leagues and tournaments don't allow body blocking

3) the ones that do allow body blocking also allow abduction

4) knifing the car is also illegal in most competitive play

5) all Jason has to do in that situation is stand in front of the car. Once it starts, it immediately breaks, and then Jason is able to pull the driver out the passenger side.

There's a counter for everything in the game. Like the loading screen says, sometimes you have to think outside the box...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

In competitions Jason usually kills most if not all of the counselors. Even well coordinated teams average losing more than half the lobby. You can consider yourself lucky to get more than two counselors out alive most of the time.

But in any case the points system for league matches isn't about the Jason so much. It's more about what the counselors can do. The Jason's goal is mostly to keep the opposing teams points as low as possible. In most leagues the Jason doesn't score any points at all except maybe bonus points for wiping the lobby.

You'd think it would be easy for a coordinated team to escape or kill even the best Jasons. After all Jason is weak right? And 7 vs 1 should favor the counselors. But these Jasons are some of the best in the world and are highly skilled at combat and controlling multiple objectives at the same time.

Most of the problem in quick play is everyone wants to run small maps, and usually with their favorite sub par Jason. And then there's the bad tactics. Like not even attempting the Tommy box. Or not collecting throwing knives as they go. And then the Jason runs right up to a group of counselors armed with machetes and axes and tries to grab kill them all...🤦‍♀️  Hell, I can't tell you how many times I've seen objectives go untrapped only to have the Jason rage quit because someone called the police 2 minutes into the match. They want to half ass a match and then they cry about it because they happen to try it in a lobby with tryhards.

"This isn't a competitive game"

"It's a novelty game"

"I don't see how it could be competitive"

😂 That all depends on the players. Not the game mechanics. Certainly not the glitches. If you do everything right and still die, I can understand your complaints. But if you half ass it and die like most of them, I don't feel a bit bad for you.

The point I was making is Good coordinated teams usually have some survivors or escapees almost every match and in some people’s eyes it’s a L for Jason if anyone lives at all. Even if it’s only 1-2 counselors. 

I personally don’t view this game as a competitive game no matter what anyone tells me bc all I do is screw around, have fun, and entertain myself. But that’s just my view. I know some people do play it competitively and get serious with it. That’s cool people do that and I have respect to those players that set up their own tournaments, play in teams, organize everything with a points system, etc. But what I was getting at is this game won’t ever be as competitive as some games like fighting games.

And other players like some people here who made some rude comments shouldn’t bash players who play this game competitively. Everyone needs to understand everyone plays different games for different reasons. 

for quick play Jason’s I see most not play right at all. And some will learn from their mistakes and some won’t. That’s their problem lol 

I disagree on the game mechanics not playing a role into what makes a game competitive. Competitive games needs to be balanced for both sides and not be too sided with one. Also our own devs don’t do the proper buffs and nerfs necessary that we need. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I personally don’t view this game as a competitive game no matter what anyone tells me bc all I do is screw around, have fun, and entertain myself. But that’s just my view. I know some people do play it competitively and get serious with it. That’s cool people do that and I have respect to those players that set up their own tournaments, play in teams, organize everything with a points system, etc. But what I was getting at is this game won’t ever be as competitive as some games like fighting games.

Ya man, this game isn't meant to be competitive.   But there are ways of playing it that could be considered competitive, which I understand.. (to each their own)

But when people starting acting like they are playing with the "BEST JASONS IN THE WORLD"..  I can't help but laugh, since the games skill bar isn't really set that high in the 1st place.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Ya man, this game isn't meant to be competitive.   But there are ways of playing it that could be considered competitive, which I understand.. (to each their own)

But when people starting acting like they are playing with the "BEST JASONS IN THE WORLD"..  I can't help but laugh, since the games skill bar isn't really set that high in the 1st place.

Lol. 

7 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I think that’s too big of a claim to make that any Jason’s are the best in the world with a small playerbase and game with no real leaderboard. It’s a lot more realistic saying you play with the best Jason’s in the game. 

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I think that’s too big of a claim to make that any Jason’s are the best in the world with a small playerbase and game with no real leaderboard. It’s a lot more realistic saying you play with the best Jason’s in the game. 

What's the difference between the best in the game and the best in the world? Btw I can think of probably 5 Jason's off the top of my head that are way above the rest in terms of skill. And I'm not exaggerating either. I would say the best in the world because we play euro Jasons as well. Private matches are an amazing thing.

Here's a few short matches from the best two Jason's I've ever faced:

We've all had matches where we've wiped the lobby in under 8 minutes. But these are well coordinated teams that practice regularly getting wiped in under 8 minutes. Not lobbies full of noobs because Friday was free that month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

What's the difference between the best in the game and the best in the world? Btw I can think of probably 5 Jason's off the top of my head that are way above the rest in terms of skill. And I'm not exaggerating either. I would say the best in the world because we play euro Jasons as well. Private matches are an amazing thing.

Here's a few short matches from the best two Jason's I've ever faced:

We've all had matches where we've wiped the lobby in under 8 minutes. But these are well coordinated teams that practice regularly getting wiped in under 8 minutes. Not lobbies full of noobs because Friday was free that month.

Because this world has billions of people on it. And what’s our current playerbase? Maybe 3,000-4,000 between all systems. To be considered the best in the world I’d say you need to be compared to a lot more players than our tiny playerbase we have. Other games have a leaderboard system consisting of 100s of thousands of players. 

ive seen em play. They’re the best in the game. But tbh to be considered the best I n the world It should consist of being between more than a few thousand players 

16 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Because this world has billions of people on it. And what’s our current playerbase? Maybe 3,000-4,000 between all systems. To be considered the best in the world I’d say you need to be compared to a lot more players than our tiny playerbase we have. Other games have a leaderboard system consisting of 100s of thousands of players. 

ive seen em play. They’re the best in the game. But tbh to be considered the best I n the world It should consist of being between more than a few thousand players 

But those other leaderboards consist of everyone that's ever played the game. And I'm ranking these two above everyone that's ever played. Not just the ones that still play...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

But those other leaderboards consist of everyone that's ever played the game. And I'm ranking these two above everyone that's ever played. Not just the ones that still play...

We all have a good idea who’s the best in the game. But with this game not having a proper top 100 leaderboard and ranking system it doesn’t make sense to consider anyone the best in the world mainly bc of that. 

39 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

We all have a good idea who’s the best in the game. But with this game not having a proper top 100 leaderboard and ranking system it doesn’t make sense to consider anyone the best in the world mainly bc of that. 

Leaderboards can be fixed. Kills can be farmed. Skill wise, they're the best.

Any PS4 player that cares to put their Jason skills to the test should sign up for this:

https://challonge.com/events/BlackXMas2

All skill levels are accepted. It'd be a great time to test your Jason skills against some of the best  coordinated lobbies. Also all the players are highly respectful so there won't be any trash talking to worry about, win or lose.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

One of the videos I watched.  Technically that Jason was on point, creatively he gets 2 thumbs down.

2 Head punches and Choke?   Ewwww….

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

It'd be a great time to test your Jason skills against some of the best  coordinated lobbies. 

Sounds like a total buzz kill.

6 months after the games was released.  I started to fall into the try hard groups.    I started to notice that I was no longer enjoying the game.  That playing in lobbies with 'coordinated' counselors sucks the fun out of both playing as Counselors and playing as Jason.  

Took a break from the game due to getting burnt out..  Came back, and realized the randoms/quick play lobbies is where its really at and never went back.

Most fun I've had in a long time is when this game went up for free with Games With Gold.    A good mash up or newbies, casual and veterans all shoved into the same camp, with barely any real verbal coordination and more of a re-active/opportunistic approach with other forms of bs, is far more entertaining.

36 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

6 months after the games was released.  I started to fall into the try hard groups.    I started to notice that I was no longer enjoying the game.  That playing in lobbies with 'coordinated' counselors sucks the fun out of both playing as Counselors and playing as Jason.  

Took a break from the game due to getting burnt out..  Came back, and realized the randoms/quick play lobbies is where its really at and never went back.

Most fun I've had in a long time is when this game went up for free with Games With Gold.    A good mash up or newbies, casual and veterans all shoved into the same camp, with barely any real verbal coordination and more of a re-active/opportunistic approach with other forms of bs, is far more entertaining.

I agree 100 percent. I hate the try hard crowds, they get upset if they don’t win every time and blame everyone else. This is why I don’t like to use mics either.

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

It's not for everyone I guess

4 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

I agree 100 percent. I hate the try hard crowds, they get upset if they don’t win every time and blame everyone else. This is why I don’t like to use mics either.

You can have fun and still be a "tryhard".

And we don't blame "everyone else" when we don't win. Like I said it's not for everyone, I guess.

7 hours ago, HuDawg said:

One of the videos I watched.  Technically that Jason was on point, creatively he gets 2 thumbs down.

It's more about speed than how pretty the kills are...

14 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

@Somethin Cool Any chance any of these events can come to PC? 😀

They probably would if they could get enough players 😎

• Like 1

A lot of the advanced tactics used by those Jasons are on the console versions. No doubt some of them can probably be performed with an XBOX controller on PC. However when players are used to the keyboard/mouse. Its basically apples and oranges.

If cross platform were ever a thing. The PC playerbase would be behind the curve, but with the 'long in the tooth' comment. No shot it happens.

8 hours ago, HuDawg said:

52 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

It's more about speed than how pretty the kills are...

That head punch and choke kill gets old fast lol I think you guys should give bonus points for getting cool jump scare kills in stalk mode. That beats speed any day. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

A lot of the advanced tactics used by those Jasons are on the console versions. No doubt some of them can probably be performed with an XBOX controller on PC. However when players are used to the keyboard/mouse. Its basically apples and oranges.

If cross platform were ever a thing. The PC playerbase would be behind the curve, but with the 'long in the tooth' comment. No shot it happens.

I'm not sure about all of the techniques they use but I know double tap works with keyboard and mouse.

34 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

That head punch and choke kill gets old fast lol I think you guys should give bonus points for getting cool jump scare kills in stalk mode. That beats speed any day. 

Tie breakers are decided on who did it faster, but I get what you're saying.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Every is  available on PC as well, as long as you use a controller.   It only effects Jason, as far as I know, every tech for counselors can be done on keyboard.  Jason can not do any tech involving "R1", since there isn't any equivalent on keyboard.  (To be honest, I'm not sure why they decided to dedicate a "ability" button for the face buttons on controller than doing something else, like maybe an dedicated block button outside CS)

I wouldn't say we are that far behind the curve.  I've seen many Jasons recently using tech, and many players have been on other platforms before.

On 12/7/2019 at 10:43 AM, Somethin Cool said:

Check out Boredom Era on YouTube. Lots of good tips there for Jason and counselor.

Thank you!