DontZzz34

GUN not agreeing with the community that the Jason kill is too easy???

9 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I mean, holy shit.  If every lobby had players like you in it.. The game would truly be dead.  Thankfully most players actually don't and play the game for fun.

I play for fun...

You will go for a swim or bounce around the map "collecting knives" and give up all remaining kills just to say you've never been killed as Jason and you think I'm the tryhard? 🙄

7 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If it's a bunch of Vanessas (and let's be honest, it probably is) and they've got machetes or axes, you will lose your mask in literal seconds.

I prefer a Tiffany and Fox but I'll take what I get. Sweater Deb is my personal favorite. You can blame the game mechanics all you want until you get killed by Tommy and Debbie. Then it's all on you...

1 hour ago, TedWhiteJ4 said:

I was a backer and have played this game almost everyday since day 1, I’ve been at level 150 a week after gun pushed the level to 150

🧐

You're such a stud

if they keep on doing it I instantly turn into a Jason Hunter killer,

You're my hero

💞

There is nothing more fun than running over sweater girl(which is a Vanessa  with medic 98% 0f the time) the then backing over Tommy right when they are going for the kill.

You know as soon as they activate the sweater they're invincible and can no longer be run over, right?

I am part of a 3 man group that hunts Jason hunters , and any Jason hunter who takes offense to this are hypocrites.

If I see a Jason hunter hunter in my lobby, I become a Jason hunter hunter hunter...

😎

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

So now we have Jason, Jason helpers, counselors, trolls, cheaters, Jason hunters, and Jason hunter hunters.

Jason helpers, troll and cheaters are in the category of toxic there is a difference,  my group looks for Jason hunters , if they are not in a lobby, we just play the game by the book.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

50 minutes ago, TedWhiteJ4 said:

Jason helpers, troll and cheaters are in the category of toxic there is a difference,  my group looks for Jason hunters , if they are not in a lobby, we just play the game by the book.

I'm just toxic I guess

☣️

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TedWhiteJ4 said:

What is "toxic" varies from player to player.

At the end of the day, every player has people they don't want to play with, and can potentially label them as toxic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I play for fun...

You will go for a swim or bounce around the map "collecting knives" and give up all remaining kills just to say you've never been killed as Jason and you think I'm the tryhard? 🙄

Killing Jason is not fun when its all you ever seem to be fixated on.  You obviously live on a different planet then me in terms of game play.    You even claim to just kill newbie Jasons ASAP just to get it over with.  

I also go for 'swims' all the time.. Even if im not getting hunted.  Water is Jasons turf/high way.     And when play with annoying Try Hards, I return the favor by being an annoying try hard myself out of spite.  Im that type of asshole.   

I also give up 'remaining kills' all the time.  I let people escape all the time.  This isn't a competitive game.    Quality kills is greater than Quantity of kills.  

15 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I prefer a Tiffany and Fox but I'll take what I get. Sweater Deb is my personal favorite. You can blame the game mechanics all you want until you get killed by Tommy and Debbie. Then it's all on you...

There are very few things in this game more humiliating than getting killed by a Bunny Girl. Whether she dies and comes back as Tommy or she steals the sweater and teams up with him, it's a special kind of embarrassment, especially if Jason is doing a lot of shit-talking beforehand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Killing Jason is not fun when its all you ever seem to be fixated on. 

But it IS fun. So is running the clock out. Escape...not so much. I was over that a long time ago.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

You obviously live on a different planet then me in terms of game play.  

On another level for sure 😏

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Im that type of asshole.   

That you are 😉

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

This isn't a competitive game

It is for me

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

But it IS fun. So is running the clock out. Escape...not so much. I was over that a long time ago.

On another level for sure

That you are

It is for me

Jason kill is the easiest escape in this game. That's like the anti competitive. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Jason kill is the easiest escape in this game. That's like the anti competitive. 

Now that depends on the Jason. Some of them are pretty damn hard to kill. 

Edit: phoning the police with legendary my dad's a cop is the easiest escape in the game. Someone is guaranteed to get out that way.

Edited by Somethin Cool
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Now that depends on the Jason. Some of them are pretty damn hard to kill. 

Edit: phoning the police with legendary my dad's a cop is the easiest escape in the game. Someone is guaranteed to get out that way.

Also depends on the Jason. I cant remember the last time I allowed the cops to be called. If they do get lucky enough, there isn't many of them left and 3:40 mins is usually enough time for me to take out the stragglers depending on the lobby skill. 

My problem with going for  the kill is it takes the fear/being hunted element out of the game which is to me what makes the game fun. Jason's only defense is to go into defense mode and either hide, or try knifing from a distance. Trapping the shack is pointless. Im guessing you are highly skilled an know to go after the sweater only after armed with knife/sprays and a shotgun and have tommy with you. That means two shotgun blasts a heavy ax hit and game over. Not fun. 

People using their jason kill count as a show of great game play just isn't impressive to me. Surviving the night against a highly skilled Jason is what really shows how skilled you can be in this game(assuming there was no other escape method), but most people in the lobby will just be waiting to yell at you for wasting time after so its a catch 22 i suppose.. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

It is for me

Its not a competitive game, no matter how much you think it is, it simply isn't.  Its not designed like that.  

And for me, being an asshole to try hard Jason killer is sort of a pleasure.  Not giving them what they think they deserve, isn't gonna break my bank. 

Like I said a many times.  I just don't hide.  I like to stay close enough to them to give them hope.  Like dangling a Big Mac over Rosie O Donnels face and moving it everytime she tries to go for a chomp.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

My problem with going for  the kill is it takes the fear/being hunted element out of the game which is to me what makes the game fun. Jason's only defense is to go into defense mode and either hide, or try knifing from a distance. 

This is exactly what I think about it..^.  It sucks the fun out of the game.  People who only focus on killing Jason play the game for different reasons than players like me who play for the reasons you just posted.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Also depends on the Jason. I cant remember the last time I allowed the cops to be called. If they do get lucky enough, there isn't many of them left and 3:40 mins is usually enough time for me to take out the stragglers depending on the lobby skill. 

I can't remember the last time my team didn't get the cops called. And guaranteed it gets done within the first half of the match. While the car(s)/boat is getting fixed and Tommy is being called. So after all that, the kill is the only thing left. So we grab the sweater while we're waiting for the police to arrive. Because like you said, Jason is forced to go into defense mode. If he's busy grabbing knives he's less likely to be wiping out the remaining team members, buying us valuable time for the police to arrive. If the kill presents itself in the meantime, it's worth points too.

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Its not a competitive game, no matter how much you think it is, it simply isn't.  Its not designed like that.

It absolutely is competitive, if you have a group of like minded individuals setting up rules and organizing events like we do. Not to toot our own horn, but out of the 30+ league matches my team has played, I'm pretty sure we've only lost 4 times. And that's not against public lobby skilled Jason's. We're talking about the best quick blocking, combo throwing Jason's that have ever played the game. That's not even counting tournaments, which are usually Jason oriented. But trust me, when my team enters one, we do very well.

So naturally, you can imagine my boredom in quick play, which results in the untimely death of Jasons, as well as countless times of running out the clock, and even the occasional escape or two. Now, your first thought is probably going to be "then why play public lobbies?" My answer to that is for the same reason anyone else does. To have fun with my friends in a more relaxed setting. We don't go all tryhard tournament level in quick play. It's mostly just  me and a few friends I've made from opposing teams having fun and bullshitting while playing the game. But we also don't make it easy on the Jason's either. And I'll be damned if I'm going to let some kid that barely knows how to play the game kill me and my friends while he's getting help from his teamer pal, while talking shit about how great he is the whole time. I can promise you that if you're helping Jason in one of our lobbies, for any reason, you're going to die and so is the Jason. And we don't care if he's a level 5 or 150.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

It absolutely is competitive, if you have a group of like minded individuals setting up rules and organizing events like we do. Not to toot our own horn, but out of the 30+ league matches my team has played, I'm pretty sure we've only lost 4 times. And that's not against public lobby skilled Jason's. We're talking about the best quick blocking, combo throwing Jason's that have ever played the game. That's not even counting tournaments, which are usually Jason oriented. But trust me, when my team enters one, we do very well.

Dude.. its not a competitive game.   There isn't any teams.. Its not team sports.    Like I said before, its like you're living on a totally different planet because you've totally lost me.

The 'best quick blocking, combo throwing's Jasons that have ever played the game'???

This isn't DOA or Tekken.      I just don't get it.

• Confused 1

Just now, HuDawg said:

Dude.. its not a competitive game.   There isn't any teams.. Its not team sports.    Like I said before, its like you're living on a totally different planet because you've totally lost me.

The 'best quick blocking, combo throwing's Jasons that have ever played the game'???

This isn't DOA or Tekken.      I just don't get it.

It is absolutely a competitive game. If you're part of a competitive community.

Our Jason practicing slash block.

A short example of combos.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

It is absolutely a competitive game. If you're part of a competitive community.

Our Jason practicing slash block.

A short example of combos.

Ya dude..  I understand what you're saying in terms of attacks.  I do shit like that when needed too.   Its just comparable to a game with actual fighting in it, which meant to be competitive.

Like this..

The only way I would I could ever see F13th being played competitively.. Even in the slightest. Is  1 vs 1s.   Where both players swap between playing as Jason and Counselor.  Where the person who survives the longest wins.  Other then that, I think players who play competitively are like people who take Mario Party too seriously.

20 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Ya dude..  I understand what you're saying in terms of attacks.  I do shit like that when needed too.   Its just comparable to a game with actual fighting in it, which meant to be competitive.

Like this..

The only way I would I could ever see F13th being played competitively.. Even in the slightest. Is  1 vs 1s.   Where both players swap between playing as Jason and Counselor.  Where the person who survives the longest wins.  Other then that, I think players who play competitively are like people who take Mario Party too seriously.

Don't knock it til you try it. There are leagues and tournaments on Xbox and PS4. Play with or against one of those teams once or twice. See how good you really are. Who knows, you might actually enjoy it...

Edit: @HuDawg here's a list of points for one of the leagues I'm in. Should give you a little bit of an idea of what I'm talking about. So what happens is you go by the rules and you face the opposing teams Jason and their team faces your teams Jason. Highest scoring team wins...

POINTS SYSTEM (may change)

COUNSELOR

Start the Car = 1

Car Escape = 2 each

Start the Boat = 1

Boat Escape = 2 each

Full 4 Seater Car = 2

Full 2 Seater Car/Boat = 1

Call the Cops = 1

Cop Escape = 2 each

Repair a Power Box = 1 for each only once

Kill Jason = 4 + 1 for each survivor

Call Tommy Jarvis = 2

Survive the night = 3 each

Repair all Objectives = 5

Remove Jason's Mask = 1

Sweater = 1

Team Escape/Survive = 5

BETRAYAL = -2 for each

JASON

Kill all counselors within 10 minutes = 2

Kill all counselors = 2

Allow zero fully repaired/started objectives = 5

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Don't knock it til you try it. There are leagues and tournaments on Xbox and PS4. Play with or against one of those teams once or twice. See how good you really are. Who knows, you might actually enjoy it...

Edit: @HuDawg here's a list of points for one of the leagues I'm in. Should give you a little bit of an idea of what I'm talking about. So what happens is you go by the rules and you face the opposing teams Jason and their team faces your teams Jason. Highest scoring team wins...

POINTS SYSTEM (may change)

COUNSELOR

Start the Car = 1

Car Escape = 2 each

Start the Boat = 1

Boat Escape = 2 each

Full 4 Seater Car = 2

Full 2 Seater Car/Boat = 1

Call the Cops = 1

Cop Escape = 2 each

Repair a Power Box = 1 for each only once

Kill Jason = 4 + 1 for each survivor

Call Tommy Jarvis = 2

Survive the night = 3 each

Repair all Objectives = 5

Remove Jason's Mask = 1

Sweater = 1

Team Escape/Survive = 5

BETRAYAL = -2 for each

JASON

Kill all counselors within 10 minutes = 2

Kill all counselors = 2

Allow zero fully repaired/started objectives = 5

Sounds like Somebody needs a life and a job, this is a novelty game, people who think it’s competitive crack me up

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, TedWhiteJ4 said:

Sounds like Somebody needs a life and a job, this is a novelty game, people who think it’s competitive crack me up

I have a life and a job. One match a week really doesn't eat into the night life ya know... 😉

• Like 3

On 12/2/2019 at 7:09 AM, hab007GE said:

Great reasoning as to why people playing an objective in the game are "the most toxic", as opposed to Jason teamers, hackers, team killing trolls, rooftop glitchers (at the time), counselors using sliding, Jason's that ghost & abduct etc.

The mask can use a little more HP but so many Jason's do not even bother to utilize block half the time or learn to twirl away from counselor attacks, cancel trap animation to block & a few other strategies that can benefit Jason.  

This is my problem as a fairly new player. I still am learning all the 'techniques' of Jason. So when I can get a LOT better at blocking and reversing I look forward to squaring off against obvious kill-squads.  I CAN identify them, just little I can do at this point in time.

2 hours ago, 45 RPM said:

This is my problem as a fairly new player. I still am learning all the 'techniques' of Jason. So when I can get a LOT better at blocking and reversing I look forward to squaring off against obvious kill-squads.  I CAN identify them, just little I can do at this point in time.

Check out Boredom Era on YouTube. Lots of good tips there for Jason and counselor.

• Like 1

I agree this game isn’t really meant to be competitive and it’s more meant to have fun with and not take seriously. Which is how I play, just for fun mainly.. troll Jason have a laugh.. kill bitches have a laugh. But to each our own, there are organized tournaments and teams held by the best players in the game that want to play more competitively. I respect it and so should everyone else. But you will never see f13 being anywhere near as competitive as injustice, mortal combat, rocket league, etc... those games are on another level of competitiveness 

4 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I agree this game isn’t really meant to be competitive and it’s more meant to have fun with and not take seriously. Which is how I play, just for fun mainly.. troll Jason have a laugh.. kill bitches have a laugh. But to each our own, there are organized tournaments and teams held by the best players in the game that want to play more competitively. I respect it and so should everyone else. But you will never see f13 being anywhere near as competitive as injustice, mortal combat, rocket league, etc... those games are on another level of competitiveness 

I don't know how a game that is so imbalanced could ever be considered competitive.

Even if the game was bug free, it's still not a competitive system at its core.

8 players of equal skill in a 7v1 setting will always favor the 7 side. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/6/2019 at 9:55 PM, TedWhiteJ4 said:

Wow! Thanks @TedWhiteJ4 for that well thought out, I’m so cool and above you all opinion. 
cmon baby girl, stop acting like a bitch. Please. 

10 hours ago, SirMang said:

I don't know how a game that is so imbalanced could ever be considered competitive.

Really?? Because the side of 7 might always get favored, in qp lobbies and the competitive leagues/tournaments, the side of 1 usually at least keeps it competitive. If not completely wiping out all 7, no?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SirMang said:

Agreed.

Jason is mostly on defense. Playing the goalie in this scenario and last time I checked in hockey. A goalie only has to defend one net, not multiple nets.

1. Time limit win

2. Cops

3. Cars

4. Boat

5. Killed

Jason is only barely balanced in a casual quick play setting. Where you have different types of people at play.

1. Trolls, who either play to troll Jason or troll counselors

2. Teamers who either team with Jason or help Jason despite not being friends

3. Objective types who go for the escape at all costs

4. Do Nothings...they do nothing

5. Friends...who either work together to escape or form a killsquad or go for a time limit win...or troll

6. Glitchers...they are there to ruin it for everyone, but especially Jason

7. Noobs...they don't know how to play yet

8. The veteran type - usually falls into one of the categories above and they are usually a much tougher out...they can usually solo Jason for much longer

In a mixed bag lobby. Jason can succeed at times and he doesn't necessarily have to defend 5 nets at once to use the hockey comparison.

Its kinda ridiculous that the killer is the one on Defense in most scenarios, not the counselors, but that's what ended up happening.

• Thanks 1