DontZzz34

GUN not agreeing with the community that the Jason kill is too easy???

It was basically laid out that the only reason we see a problem with the ease of de-masking and killing Jason is that we are all seasoned players. They’re catering more to the players that only play one time and quit because Jason is too OP, or the player that only plays once a month or so and complains that the people that play more frequently have no lives and it’s unfair that they’re so good at the game. 

On 11/25/2019 at 7:48 PM, DontZzz34 said:

I now believe the true reason they disagree with us with mask hp isn’t because they don’t believe us but more because they’re in denial bc they don’t want to take the time to fix a much needed change. 

I'm inclined to think that way too. And given the game's programming and their track record, maybe they're afraid of what they could potentially break if they were to try to change this anyway.

On 11/25/2019 at 7:51 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

It was basically laid out that the only reason we see a problem with the ease of de-masking and killing Jason is that we are all seasoned players. They’re catering more to the players that only play one time and quit because Jason is too OP, or the player that only plays once a month or so and complains that the people that play more frequently have no lives and it’s unfair that they’re so good at the game.

In other words, we are to blame for seeing things that way because we played to much otherwise we would say that it's fine the way it is. What a convenient logic they have!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

That’s such a sad excuse from them bc the average player or beginner goes for the escape. And de masking Jason wouldn’t change the balance in the game at all for those players. Raising mask hp would only make it more difficult for Jason hunters. 

• Thanks 1

I agree, I definitely think that the mask HP needs to be higher. Even if some Jason’s mask HP are lower than others (which it’s like now) it would still make it better to have higher HP for the mask.    Once Tommy is  in and there are experienced players, even if you’re an experienced Jason the game favors the counselors more, and they have more of an advantage in the end. 

About the mask HP - I’ve been able to demask a part 3 Jason within a couple seconds of the mask starting as Tiffany, with a machete through a window. So I was heavy attacking him, three hits with the machete and the mask was off, as well as my machete broke on the 3rd hit through the window. I was so surprised. If there are Jason hunters in the game no doubt that’s what they’ll try to do, get the mask early on and it’s quite easy to do as everybody knows. So the mask HP definitely should be highered. 

It’s not that hard to go into a mask with your objective being to kill Jason. I’ve done it without a mic or anything, and I’ve gotten as many axe hits and machete hits on Jason as I could before he grabbed  me and killed me (which was my goal since I knew I’d come back as Tommy). It was pretty easy after that since it was a part 2 Jason and I got the kill that match. Killing Jason is way too easy, so that’s why if I die as Jason I don’t take it as a big deal. They need to make the mask HP higher, definitely. It’s ridiculous that counselors can demask Jason so early onto the mask if they are able to. I think, as what happens in the movies, it should almost always be later on  in the match for the mask to come off, eventually leading to say a possible Jason death. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

LMFAO!  Every player that sticks around will become a "seasoned player", including players that are now just starting to play.  That's the end game (hopefully) for everyone.  The novice players aren't the one killing Jason now, so adjusting the difficultly isn't going to effect their experience.

It's kinda hypocritical for them to hide behind this excuse and yet rolled out the "rage update", something that mostly the novice and beginner players have been consistently complaining about.

• Like 1

So say they're actually catering to the beginner player. Why wouldn't raising Jason's HP be a good idea? How many of you have put a low level Jason out of his misery just to move on to a more challenging match? I know I do it all the time. Wouldn't it provide a better experience to the beginner player if he had half a chance to keep his mask?

• Thanks 1

They''ve always catered to the casual player with this game. They made it easier for counselor from pretty much start to finish minus the rage update. The rest either bogged Jason down in bugs or removed key features like meat shielding, godframes, etc. Since you play as counselor more, it seems that was the direction they decided to go with.

Outside of using quick kill and even then. Grabbing in any non 1v1 scenario is a pointless endeavor for Jason. His option is wonky combat and slash, which leaves him open to the kill option and also because counselors suffer no consequence from being slashed by Jason, since they swing through his swings unless they take a knife. If they suffered actual consequences from being slashed by a 7 foot killer, this whole idea of wanting to buff his mask HP probably wouldn't be an issue. As it is, Jason grabs, he gets punished. He slashes, he gets punished. His only safe play is the knife.

This is where the further failures of stats like composure come into play. There wasn't much thought put into the stats, hence why only 3 of them really drive home the difference. Luck, speed and stamina. Repair means nothing since everyone can do it, which was another indication of the casual 'everyone should be able to do it' mindset. Strength is situational, stealth is negated by sense toggle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

How many of you have put a low level Jason out of his misery just to move on to a more challenging match? I know I do it all the time]

I go out of my to actively sabotage anyone trying to kill low level Jasons.    Unless they are an annoying squeaker, then they must die. 

All other newbie Jasons, I slow it down and play like a newbie myself.  Sometimes even let that newbie kill me if hes low on kills or everyone escapes.

For me, im not looking for a challenge when I play this game.  I want to be entertained.    

16 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I go out of my to actively sabotage anyone trying to kill low level Jasons.    Unless they are an annoying squeaker, then they must die. 

All other newbie Jasons, I slow it down and play like a newbie myself.  Sometimes even let that newbie kill me if hes low on kills or everyone escapes.

For me, im not looking for a challenge when I play this game.  I want to be entertained.    

I think just about everyone is looking to be entertained in this game in some form.

One player's entertainment might just be another player's misery. It's all a matter of perspective.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

If anything is changed it will expode the game at this point

I'm not sure about that but if if they would make killing him very difficult then the old topic of Jason is too OP would be a main topic again and be twice as long as this topic is.LOL.I know lots of complaining would be voiced on the Steam message board  there are many kill squads on PC.

The only people who would be disappointed by adding Mask HP are the ones who are "counselor only" and whose ONLY goal is to kill Jason.  These happen to also be the most toxic players in the game.

So Gun is either too lazy or incompetent to fix the problem, or they actively encourage toxicity in their own game.  

Whatever.  I had a lot of fun playing this game for a long time, but at this point it's not worth it to play and deal with all the toxic language, trolling, and rage-quitting perpetrated by Gun's apparent "chosen" players.

It is a shame how poorly this game has been managed from start to finish; this is a cash cow and had some of the most ardent fans I've ever seen (myself included).

Before anyone comes in to apologize for them, citing the lawsuit, please acknowledge the fact that there is plenty Gun could have done (and could still do) to improve the experience without adding new content.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

The only people who would be disappointed by adding Mask HP are the ones who are "counselor only" and whose ONLY goal is to kill Jason.  These happen to also be the most toxic players in the game.

So Gun is either too lazy or incompetent to fix the problem, or they actively encourage toxicity in their own game.  

Whatever.  I had a lot of fun playing this game for a long time, but at this point it's not worth it to play and deal with all the toxic language, trolling, and rage-quitting perpetrated by Gun's apparent "chosen" players.

It is a shame how poorly this game has been managed from start to finish; this is a cash cow and had some of the most ardent fans I've ever seen (myself included).

Before anyone comes in to apologize for them, citing the lawsuit, please acknowledge the fact that there is plenty Gun could have done (and could still do) to improve the experience without adding new content.

Great reasoning as to why people playing an objective in the game are "the most toxic", as opposed to Jason teamers, hackers, team killing trolls, rooftop glitchers (at the time), counselors using sliding, Jason's that ghost & abduct etc.

The mask can use a little more HP but so many Jason's do not even bother to utilize block half the time or learn to twirl away from counselor attacks, cancel trap animation to block & a few other strategies that can benefit Jason.  

On 11/26/2019 at 7:18 AM, HuDawg said:

If I see a Level 1-5 in the lobby, I'll check their trophies to see if they've ever played as Jason in a match yet.

If not, I'm going all out to be their first ever kill.

Yesterday on PS4: I entered a lobby with six players in their 150s and guess what: I was directly chosen to be Jason.

Ok, I told myself (personally only level 85, playing from Time to Time) let‘s see how long I can stand the elite.

Although, I did my usual bear trapping on cabin, etc, both cars were fixed and the police called within a few minutes, in which I only managed to kill 2 counselors (one obviously with the intention to return as Tommy which he later on did).

The 4 seater escaped (at least no dancing, baseball swinging crowd), the police arrived, but Tommy and sweater girl got of the 2seater and went for the kill. 

What I really find annoying in this situation are Jasons quit raging, hiding at the edge of map or swimming near the shore in safe distance in the water. 

However, I took my chances and was lucky: the sweater stunning worked, but I was somehow free (never pressed the x button so hard) before Tommy could slash. Both of them then ran for the police and I was left with 2/8, mommy was proud nevertheless.

In the end it all comes down to the lobby and players involved, different lobby, different Players couple of minutes later  I got 8/8 in the end. So for me, I have still fun with the game.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wolledc said:

Yesterday on PS4: I entered a lobby with six players in their 150s and guess what: I was directly chosen to be Jason.

Ok, I told myself (personally only level 85, playing from Time to Time) let‘s see how long I can stand the elite.

Although, I did my usual bear trapping on cabin, etc, both cars were fixed and the police called within a few minutes, in which I only managed to kill 2 counselors (one obviously with the intention to return as Tommy which he later on did).

The 4 seater escaped (at least no dancing, baseball swinging crowd), the police arrived, but Tommy and sweater girl got of the 2seater and went for the kill. 

What I really find annoying in this situation are Jasons quit raging, hiding at the edge of map or swimming near the shore in safe distance in the water. 

However, I took my chances and was lucky: the sweater stunning worked, but I was somehow free (never pressed the x button so hard) before Tommy could slash. Both of them then ran for the police and I was left with 2/8, mommy was proud nevertheless.

In the end it all comes down to the lobby and players involved, different lobby, different Players couple of minutes later  I got 8/8 in the end. So for me, I have still fun with the game.

Know whats worse than Jason Rage-quitting mid-death? When they quit because you steal the sweater or call the fuzz. Seriously... you couldn't even ATTEMPT to put up a fight? Even if you get killed or everybody escapes, you still learned something you wouldn't have if you'd just quit. 

Also, I'm trying out a new strategy I thought up in the event the sweater gets stolen and I for whatever reason can't stop the thieving little bitch before she gets out of the shack. It goes like this (I'm using Crystal Lake as an example):

1409568.jpg

Do your usual pre-hunt set-up as normal, but if any of that set-up happens to bring you close to your shack, take a minute or two if you can spare it and destroy the doors on the 2-3 cabins closest to the shack. It is a near guarantee that unless they're ready to kill you as soon as the sweaters taken, whoever grabs it is going to bee-line it to the closest cabin (to regain stamina and/or loot for items or weapons) and once they reach it, what's the first thing they're going to do (unless someone else has already done it)? Yep... bar the doors and force you to break them down. You could just go break them at the start of the round before your first Morph, but it's an iffy move. Unless you know from the start they're going to try and kill you, you should probably go trap the objectives first (or at least the phone) and then come back to the closest cabins if time permits. 

On a different note, a few days ago I was Jason on HHS and before I'd even finished trapping the shack (if its on the East side of the map, I put one trap at the doorway and a second one in the middle of the opening in the fence that counselors have to run through to get to the shack), a Buggzy ran right up to me and immediately starts dancing and clicking his flashlight, then doesn't move when I walk over to him. I grabbed him, then realized what was going on (Tommy-bait counselor) and let him kick out and Morphed somewhere else. I DID come back and kill him, but only after the first 2 kills. Tried to send him a "Nice try" message but couldn't.

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

a few days ago I was Jason on HHS and before I'd even finished trapping the shack (if its on the East side of the map, I put one trap at the doorway and a second one in the middle of the opening in the fence that counselors have to run through

Yes, I usually spend 2 traps this way, giving you a nice pre alert. 

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

then realized what was going on (Tommy-bait counselor) and let him kick out and Morphed somewhere else.

exactly this! Best way to treat Players which are begging to get killed in order to become Tommy.

When it comes to dealing with a crowd of dancing, bat swinging counselors, Iike a „good cook who prepares his meal“ I started out this: there was a bulk of counselors toying and teasing around (obviously well equipped with PK) and I started to slash till each one of them was limping and walking around in slowmotion (sprays all used), but I didn’t finish each one of them with the final slash. Instead I watched them for awhile and then let each slash count 😉

8 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Know whats worse than Jason Rage-quitting mid-death? When they quit because you steal the sweater or call the fuzz. Seriously... you couldn't even ATTEMPT to put up a fight? Even if you get killed or everybody escapes, you still learned something you wouldn't have if you'd just quit. 

Also, I'm trying out a new strategy I thought up in the event the sweater gets stolen and I for whatever reason can't stop the thieving little bitch before she gets out of the shack. It goes like this (I'm using Crystal Lake as an example):

1409568.jpg

Do your usual pre-hunt set-up as normal, but if any of that set-up happens to bring you close to your shack, take a minute or two if you can spare it and destroy the doors on the 2-3 cabins closest to the shack. It is a near guarantee that unless they're ready to kill you as soon as the sweaters taken, whoever grabs it is going to bee-line it to the closest cabin (to regain stamina and/or loot for items or weapons) and once they reach it, what's the first thing they're going to do (unless someone else has already done it)? Yep... bar the doors and force you to break them down. You could just go break them at the start of the round before your first Morph, but it's an iffy move. Unless you know from the start they're going to try and kill you, you should probably go trap the objectives first (or at least the phone) and then come back to the closest cabins if time permits. 

On a different note, a few days ago I was Jason on HHS and before I'd even finished trapping the shack (if its on the East side of the map, I put one trap at the doorway and a second one in the middle of the opening in the fence that counselors have to run through to get to the shack), a Buggzy ran right up to me and immediately starts dancing and clicking his flashlight, then doesn't move when I walk over to him. I grabbed him, then realized what was going on (Tommy-bait counselor) and let him kick out and Morphed somewhere else. I DID come back and kill him, but only after the first 2 kills. Tried to send him a "Nice try" message but couldn't.

What? No that's a horrible idea. I hunt Jason all the time. I can tell you I'm waiting for two things. 1) the Jason that's dumb enough to morph to the shack as my partner and I are grabbing the sweater (easy kill). 2) the Jason that's going to try to sneak attack us the first chance he gets (easy kill#2).

What the Jason should be doing, demasked or not, is collecting throwing knives in an effort to keep us at a distance. Also to use up our resources (sprays) and for tk-slash combos.

By the time we meet up at the shack we've already collected everything we need. There's no reason to loot cabins at this point. Even if you've managed to keep your mask, we've undoubtedly done some damage before our Tommy candidate died. So by this point the shotgun and the axe from the shack will easily get us the mask.

I would never waste a first morph on breaking doors close to the shack. Better to go for the Tommy box instead. Most maps will tell you exactly where the box is in the cutscene. Or at minimum will tell you where it is not, either way will increase your odds of finding the correct box on the first morph. If you're not into Tommy prevention, it's probably best to collect some throwing knives as you go and save some for combos for when Jarvis spawns in. 

11 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

What? No that's a horrible idea. I hunt Jason all the time. I can tell you I'm waiting for two things. 1) the Jason that's dumb enough to morph to the shack as my partner and I are grabbing the sweater (easy kill). 2) the Jason that's going to try to sneak attack us the first chance he gets (easy kill#2).

What the Jason should be doing, demasked or not, is collecting throwing knives in an effort to keep us at a distance. Also to use up our resources (sprays) and for tk-slash combos.

By the time we meet up at the shack we've already collected everything we need. There's no reason to loot cabins at this point. Even if you've managed to keep your mask, we've undoubtedly done some damage before our Tommy candidate died. So by this point the shotgun and the axe from the shack will easily get us the mask.

I would never waste a first morph on breaking doors close to the shack. Better to go for the Tommy box instead. Most maps will tell you exactly where the box is in the cutscene. Or at minimum will tell you where it is not, either way will increase your odds of finding the correct box on the first morph. If you're not into Tommy prevention, it's probably best to collect some throwing knives as you go and save some for combos for when Jarvis spawns in. 

I didn't say waste a morph on breaking a cabin, I said if you're already near it. Also, responding to your shack being invaded is the best option Jason has... in the right circumstances. If the mask is already gone, yes, showing up and barging in the shack is an excellent way to get killed. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a Jason do it and NOT get killed.

On 12/3/2019 at 6:46 PM, Somethin Cool said:

Jason is better off just ignoring what the try hard Jason killers are doing, just doing his own thing.  Once the sweater is grabbed, and the game turns into derp fest.  Then Jason should start walking around wasting time and grabbing knives.

But the best solution is to screen lobbies, making sure that anyone who wants to play Jason is not stuffed in a lobby with a bunch of try hards in the 1st place.

I mean, holy shit.  If every lobby had players like you in it.. The game would truly be dead.  Thankfully most players actually don't and play the game for fun.

I've been playing the game daily since day one. Yesterday was an interesting game. I was part 9 Jason....wasn't stunned once yet and someone went to the shack. Had them blocked in, missed a couple of throwing knives, stalked and they managed to still get out after missed grab. Tommy was there in no time. Shotgun hit followed by a direct stun afterwords and the mask was off....like really? 2 stuns? I was killed instantly after that and tea bagged....there was literally nothing I could do to avoid it. I don't care if I get killed, but that was pretty ridiculous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Jason is better off just ignoring what the try hard Jason killers are doing, just doing his own thing.  Once the sweater is grabbed, and the game turns into derp fest.  Then Jason should start walking around wasting time and grabbing knives.

But the best solution is to screen lobbies, making sure that anyone who wants to play Jason is not stuffed in a lobby with a bunch of try hards in the 1st place.

I mean, holy shit.  If every lobby had players like you in it.. The game would truly be dead.  Thankfully most players actually don't and play the game for fun.

If counselors are actively trying to kill you (or you suspect they will), ignoring the shack alert is an excellent way to make it really easy for them (EDIT: I though for a second you were saying ignore them if the shack is invaded. My apologies). If you get there and they're already long gone then yes, go back to hunting-as-usual. There's no sense in getting paranoid and removing yourself from play just because that bitch with the sweater pulled a Houdini. If they're really serious about killing you, I'm sure you'll see her again at some point. 

If you get there in time to watch her make her escape, literally everything except killing her should be put on hold. I have dodged quite a few kill attempts because I wouldn't let up the pressure until she either died or used the sweater to save her own ass. Depending on how competent the counselors are, she may or may not show up alone (and if she does, she may or may not be well-prepared. I.E. no PK or med-spray vs PK+med-spray+shotgun). I know there's a lot of differing opinions on when to grab or not grab SG, but personally I think you should grab her IF she's alone (alone does not mean 'Another counselor is several feet away', it means she's fuckin' ALONE). I have killed or seen others kill more Jason's than I can count who just absolutely refused to stop being grabby even while in a crowd. Every time you grab, you're getting hit. If it's a bunch of Vanessas (and let's be honest, it probably is) and they've got machetes or axes, you will lose your mask in literal seconds.

Edited by HaHaTrumpWon

I was a backer and have played this game almost everyday since day 1, I’ve been at level 150 a week after gun pushed the level to 150,  I’ve finished all the trophies etc... a while ago, when I get in a lobby with Jason hunters , I’ll go along with it once or twice, if they keep on doing it I instantly turn into a Jason Hunter killer, I’ll get into a car and run them all over. 
‘There is nothing more fun than running over sweater girl(which is a Vanessa  with medic 98% 0f the time) the then backing over Tommy right when they are going for the kill.

I am part of a 3 man group that hunts Jason hunters , and any Jason hunter who takes offense to this are hypocrites.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TedWhiteJ4 said:

I was a backer and have played this game almost everyday since day 1, I’ve been at level 150 a week after gun pushed the level to 150,  I’ve finished all the trophies etc... a while ago, when I get in a lobby with Jason hunters , I’ll go along with it once or twice, if they keep on doing it I instantly turn into a Jason Hunter killer, I’ll get into a car and run them all over. 
‘There is nothing more fun than running over sweater girl(which is a Vanessa  with medic 98% 0f the time) the then backing over Tommy right when they are going for the kill.

I am part of a 3 man group that hunts Jason hunters , and any Jason hunter who takes offense to this are hypocrites.

So now we have Jason, Jason helpers, counselors, trolls, cheaters, Jason hunters, and Jason hunter hunters.

• Haha 2