DontZzz34

GUN not agreeing with the community that the Jason kill is too easy???

34 minutes ago, Seraphic King said:

Advanced techniques? I’m all ears.

Knife block, slash block, "the Tommy Jarvis" all work in quick play. I'm sure there are more that I can't think of off the top of my head...

I'll link videos for those who don't know the techniques when I get a chance.

@Seraphic King you should also check out Boredom Era on YouTube for his advanced Jason and counselor tips and tricks. There are things there that can't be taught here...

Edited by Somethin Cool
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Anyone who honestly claims that killing Jason is hard has clearly not been playing the same game as us. Me and two other friends who play together will get the kill almost every single time as long as one of us is Tommy and another of us gets the sweater. I know some are going to disagree with me here but I do believe that the Jason player DOES have an effect on how hard or easy the kill is, but it's largely because of whether or not he chooses to attack directly or not. If he's smart he'll bide his time and wait, but if he decides to go for us head-on he's probably gonna get killed (charging into the shack maskless with Tommy and SG inside is plain fucking stupid).

Regarding the kill being the easiest way to win, unless you spawn right by the car or phone and all the parts needed to fix them are right next door, they're right, it IS the easiest way. It's far faster and far  less work to kill Jason than it is to comb the map for repair parts, then get them installed, then escape without getting cock-blocked by Jason. 

There Three different ways to look at this 

1. playing with friends on public match 

2.playing with randoms

3.playing a private match

1. when your playing with friends on a public of cause it is going to be easy, You work together and create a plan and get Jason kill quick but 90% of the time when I play with friends on public match we don't get the kill we escape because the Jason is to smart for us me and the mates were in a game and we had the sweater and Jason mask with Tommy we stuck as a group so we could kill Jason and out of no where Jason just dropped in and kill our counselor who had the sweater and than brutalized the rest of use with in minutes the reason why Jason can be easy to kill on public match's sometimes is because their NOOBS who just got the game but when playing with really skilled players it's much harder.

2.Playing with randoms and trying to kill Jason is like trying to keep a tiger away from red meat the problem with randoms is that no one listens the idea of the game is to survive and get help but when playing with randoms it's bloody impossible no wants to listen, I hate it when you have the mask off Tommy is ready to kill Jason and and then the guy with the sweater leaves. playing with randoms and trying to kill Jason is just so hard some people listen others don't.

3.If you are always playing on a private match you will find that it is way too easy to kill Jason because your playing with the same people and you get use to them playing as Jason and you find a way to kill them that is easy if you play on private match killing Jason is going to be too easy because you get use to the players moves and what they do 

the best way in my opinion to play Friday the 13th is to make a party and public match that way the Jason could be hard to kill or easy it's a mix and the best way to play it in my opinion   

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Knife block, slash block, "the Tommy Jarvis" all work in quick play. I'm sure there are more that I can't think of off the top of my head...

Knew all those. Any tips for off host?

2 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

Knew all those. Any tips for off host?

Those are tips for off host

Block does work off host. The only thing you need to know is there's a delay entering and exiting combat stance. And if you get a ping spike you could get knocked out of block. It's not perfect but it does work.

Obviously you'll need to stay away from large groups if you don't want to get beat down. That should go without saying... Other than that choose your weapon and Jason wisely if you think you might be in a kill lobby. The spear is your best bet for keeping them at a distance but it will only get you killed faster if you don't know how to use it. You're going to want to get good at twirling. Stay out of combat stance altogether and bait them into a swing and either slash or grab them on the whiff. If you do it right they cannot get close enough to get a hit in. Practice makes perfect. Other than that, like I said, check out Boredom Era for things I can't teach here. 

2 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Those are tips for off host

Block does work off host. The only thing you need to know is there's a delay entering and exiting combat stance. And if you get a ping spike you could get knocked out of block. It's not perfect but it does work.

Obviously you'll need to stay away from large groups if you don't want to get beat down. That should go without saying... Other than that choose your weapon and Jason wisely if you think you might be in a kill lobby. The spear is your best bet for keeping them at a distance but it will only get you killed faster if you don't know how to use it. You're going to want to get good at twirling. Stay out of combat stance altogether and bait them into a swing and either slash or grab them on the whiff. If you do it right they cannot get close enough to get a hit in. Practice makes perfect. Other than that like I said check out Boredom Era for things I can't teach here. 

In those videos off host Jason can’t effectively slash right out of a block like that in the video that only works on host in private matches. Every single time I’ve tried slashing after blocking there’s a huge delay. I have to sprint forward and exit combat stance if I want to slash after a block. Or I’ll just block-knife-slash for more damage output. That’s my experience. 

Thats why I’ve mainly just been collecting tons of knives and using those for combat and use block to break weapons to lower the crowd with weapons in hand and I punish missed swings with slashes or grabs. also lots of shift slashing to. 

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Anyone who honestly claims that killing Jason is hard has clearly not been playing the same game as us. Me and two other friends who play together will get the kill almost every single time as long as one of us is Tommy and another of us gets the sweater. I know some are going to disagree with me here but I do believe that the Jason player DOES have an effect on how hard or easy the kill is, but it's largely because of whether or not he chooses to attack directly or not. If he's smart he'll bide his time and wait, but if he decides to go for us head-on he's probably gonna get killed (charging into the shack maskless with Tommy and SG inside is plain fucking stupid).

Regarding the kill being the easiest way to win, unless you spawn right by the car or phone and all the parts needed to fix them are right next door, they're right, it IS the easiest way. It's far faster and far  less work to kill Jason than it is to comb the map for repair parts, then get them installed, then escape without getting cock-blocked by Jason.

I agree that Jason's approach can have an influence in how "easy" or "hard" he is perceived to be.

29 minutes ago, UberJAson45 said:

1. when your playing with friends on a public of cause it is going to be easy, You work together and create a plan and get Jason kill quick but 90% of the time when I play with friends on public match we don't get the kill we escape because the Jason is to smart for us me and the mates were in a game and we had the sweater and Jason mask with Tommy we stuck as a group so we could kill Jason and out of no where Jason just dropped in and kill our counselor who had the sweater and than brutalized the rest of use with in minutes the reason why Jason can be easy to kill on public match's sometimes is because their NOOBS who just got the game but when playing with really skilled players it's much harder. There are some pretty impressive Jason players out there that can still give some of the best hunt squads a challenge.

2.Playing with randoms and trying to kill Jason is like trying to keep a tiger away from red meat the problem with randoms is that no one listens the idea of the game is to survive and get help but when playing with randoms it's bloody impossible no wants to listen, I hate it when you have the mask off Tommy is ready to kill Jason and and then the guy with the sweater leaves. playing with randoms and trying to kill Jason is just so hard some people listen others don't. That's part of the fun of Quick Play. You never know what you're gonna get.

3.If you are always playing on a private match you will find that it is way too easy to kill Jason because your playing with the same people and you get use to them playing as Jason and you find a way to kill them that is easy if you play on private match killing Jason is going to be too easy because you get use to the players moves and what they do  I agree on the familiarity that comes with matches of the same group.

the best way in my opinion to play Friday the 13th is to make a party and public match that way the Jason could be hard to kill or easy it's a mix and the best way to play it in my opinion    I like the uncertainty of a Jason of random skill level from match to match.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

In those videos off host Jason can’t effectively slash right out of a block like that in the video that only works on host in private matches. Every single time I’ve tried slashing after blocking there’s a huge delay. I have to sprint forward and exit combat stance if I want to slash after a block. Or I’ll just block-knife-slash for more damage output. That’s my experience. 

Thats why I’ve mainly just been collecting tons of knives and using those for combat and use block to break weapons to lower the crowd with weapons in hand and I punish missed swings with slashes or grabs. also lots of shift slashing to. 

The middle clip IS off host. I have no trouble with slash block. You can do it as counselor too. Using knives to cancel their swing start up is a good strategy too though. Block knife slash is an excellent tactic.

@DontZzz34 the counselor needs to be blocking or you need to position yourself in such a way to use the environment (wall, tree, doorway, etc.) if you want to be able to get back in block fast enough to avoid getting hit after the slash. Another place a longer range weapon would come in handy considering not many people in quick play know what block is for.

15 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

The middle clip IS off host. I have no trouble with slash block. You can do it as counselor too. Using knives to cancel their swing start up is a good strategy too though. Block knife slash is an excellent tactic.

@DontZzz34 the counselor needs to be blocking or you need to position yourself in such a way to use the environment (wall, tree, doorway, etc.) if you want to be able to get back in block fast enough to avoid getting hit after the slash. Another place a longer range weapon would come in handy considering not many people in quick play know what block is for.

Okay that’s what confused me was bc I’ve never been able to block/slash that effectively bc majority of qp players don’t even block... so there’s NO delay if the counselors are blocking or if you use the environment. Got it noted down. I’ll try and use it if I can. Seems lots of fights take place in the open on the road. That’s where counselors like doing it. I know when I fight Jason I prefer out in the open with more space 

@DontZzz34 yea, you can cancel Jason's slash on block, granted if he was in CS before the swing.  Even if players don't block, its good practice to input block anyhow.  If they block, then you cancel into your own guard, if they didn't well you are stuck in the slash recovery anyhow, simple option select.  If you wanna get the feel for it, slash at a wall to get the timing down.

58 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Okay that’s what confused me was bc I’ve never been able to block/slash that effectively bc majority of qp players don’t even block... so there’s NO delay if the counselors are blocking or if you use the environment. Got it noted down. I’ll try and use it if I can. Seems lots of fights take place in the open on the road. That’s where counselors like doing it. I know when I fight Jason I prefer out in the open with more space 

Blocking is a bit clunky, yes, but it's still a big help. Standing still going shot for shot against a machete wielding counselor will get you demasked QUICK, especially after Rage. I know it's tempting to just go full-on shredder against them, particularly post Rage when you can't get stunned (until your mask breaks) but don't. Block as much as you can instead of trying to tank the hits (unless Tommy's dead, in which case go fuck em' up good)

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

so there’s NO delay if the counselors are blocking or if you use the environment. Got it noted down. I’ll try and use it if I can. Seems lots of fights take place in the open on the road. That’s where counselors like doing it. I know when I fight Jason I prefer out in the open with more space

Yes but don't forget that you're in control of where the battle takes place against a kill squad. If they want that mask they have to come to you. Don't let them bait you into a place where you can't properly defend yourself.

Edit @GeneiJin is 💯 correct. You should always be pressing the button to block. Even when it doesn't work, just to be in the habit of using it. I block cancel breaking doors and windows too. It also doesn't always work because sometimes the weapon will stick. But it's good practice.

Edited by Somethin Cool

14 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I don’t think we’re ever going to get a difficult Jason kill we all want. Watching Matt constantly argue with the community against facts is honestly cringy as hell to watch on their streams. The majority of the twitch chat, the majority of this forum, and the majority of players from other places like reddit, Twitter, Facebook, etc are all on the same page that something needs tweaked. GUN will continue to bullshit around and argue against us and that’s that. 

Them brushing constant proof to the side is also a bunch of bs. People have shown how easy his mask falls off in videos in this thread and all the proof in the world doesn’t seem to matter. Kill squads having a 90% success rate? They’ll brush that off to. 

Tommy not showing up till the last 3-5 mins of the game, is still the best solution in terms of pushing back Jason kills to the end of the game.   So that way, killing Jason will still be easy.. But you gotta wait till later in the game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

@Seraphic King you should also check out Boredom Era on YouTube for his advanced Jason and counselor tips and tricks. There are things there that can't be taught here...

In general, these techniques are not very effective outside the host. You will even be surprised in the defense mode when several hit you. Yes it works but in some cases.
The blocking should work only when hitting the counselor there would be much more useful. What I do sometimes I approach places where I can attack and block

A weird thing I noticed the other night, when you block a hit, your block goes down and you are open to another hit even when holding down the block button. I know in the past if you held it down you stayed in block and where able to block multiple hits one after another. Now you have to hurry and try to get block up again before next person strikes. The good news is i was able to hold off a mob trying to kill me last night doing this, the bad news is I only survived because the Tommy was terrible. It was fun though to kill that dancing sweater girl after that thought for sure they were going to kill me.. haha.

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

A weird thing I noticed the other night, when you block a hit, your block goes down and you are open to another hit even when holding down the block button. I know in the past if you held it down you stayed in block and where able to block multiple hits one after another. Now you have to hurry and try to get block up again before next person strikes. The good news is i was able to hold off a mob trying to kill me last night doing this, the bad news is I only survived because the Tommy was terrible. It was fun though to kill that dancing sweater girl after that thought for sure they were going to kill me.. haha.

One block will hold them off. That's another misconception that just because his arm drops that he's not in block anymore. Actually his arm will raise back up and block the next hit.

1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

One block will hold them off. That's another misconception that just because his arm drops that he's not in block anymore. Actually his arm will raise back up and block the next hit.

That it did not. I was standing there open to hits after the first and my mask came off when i found this out and died in a match last week. I'm on PC, not sure if that matters.

5 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

That it did not. I was standing there open to hits after the first and my mask came off when i found this out and died in a match last week. I'm on PC, not sure if that matters.

Must be isolated to PC. I was able to hold off a couple Bugzy’s last night without coming out of block on PS4. As soon as their weapons broke, it was two easy kills. 

Every time I block an attack on PS4 my arm drops and I have to release the button and press it again to raise my arm back up quickly. 

If the arm isn’t raised back up in time for the next hit I’ll get knocked on my ass. 

4 minutes ago, Top_Cat said:

Every time I block an attack on PS4 my arm drops and I have to release the button and press it again to raise my arm back up quickly. 

If the arm isn’t raised back up in time for the next hit I’ll get knocked on my ass. 

yes, this was my experience. I play with a wireless controller so maybe it lagged and thought i released the block, idk. That will happen sometimes when im counselor and looking back over my shoulder and i have to let go and press again..

On 9/20/2019 at 9:23 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

Must be isolated to PC. I was able to hold off a couple Bugzy’s last night without coming out of block on PS4. As soon as their weapons broke, it was two easy kills. 

Same here. Also, if you're blocking + counderattacking:

1) Tap R2, don't press it all the way down

2) You'll get back into block a bit quicker if you back away slightly immediately after you counterattack.

On 9/19/2019 at 8:56 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Blocking is a bit clunky, yes, but it's still a big help. Standing still going shot for shot against a machete wielding counselor will get you demasked QUICK, especially after Rage. I know it's tempting to just go full-on shredder against them, particularly post Rage when you can't get stunned (until your mask breaks) but don't. Block as much as you can instead of trying to tank the hits (unless Tommy's dead, in which case go fuck em' up good)

I know, I wasn’t saying I don’t use block. I just don’t use the block/swing method as there is a delay off host and you will get hit almost every time trying to do that. I always use block especially to waste their weapons then I engage by lowering the crowd with weapons so I don’t have to deal with as many people with weapons. I make them miss swings and punish with slashes and throw a lot of knives at them as they charge at me. Lot of EZ kills that way. I never go full on slasher against a group unless I prevented the tommy call or if tommy is dead, then I will murder everyone full on. 

On 9/19/2019 at 8:53 PM, GeneiJin said:

@DontZzz34 yea, you can cancel Jason's slash on block, granted if he was in CS before the swing.  Even if players don't block, its good practice to input block anyhow.  If they block, then you cancel into your own guard, if they didn't well you are stuck in the slash recovery anyhow, simple option select.  If you wanna get the feel for it, slash at a wall to get the timing down.

If there’s blocking counselors I’ll keep this in mind. Never knew it worked against them if they block. Weird how this game works?