DontZzz34

GUN not agreeing with the community that the Jason kill is too easy???

@mattshotcha missed stream today. But I watched it for a little bit and noticed there was some conversation back and forth about the Jason kill being too easy and you not really agreeing. I don’t go for the kill all that much anymore cause it’s gotten so easy and boring. It’s now to me just a spur of the moment or sometimes kinda thing. But I’ve had some nights where that’s all I did and me and my team could get at least 15 or so kills in one night. Maybe failing only a couple times out of all the attempts. This should be enough info to tell you that it’s too easy. No one should have at least a 90% success rate in killing Jason....... surviving the night? Yeah that’s the real challenge in the game and you definitely will not see a 90% success rate in that method of survival. The Jason kill should be almost as hard as surviving the night imo..... should be the 2nd hardest thing to do in the game not the easiest thing to do in the game

In this video all I did was press RT mask off. Sweater girl pressed Y. I pressed RT and A. Too easy. 

I also de masked right out of his stun which is the cheapest and easiest way possible. Just to show how easy and broken this is. With Jason not having any defense or counter to getting killed. 

You guys seem iffy about giving more mask hp...... what about at the very least give Jason a few seconds of invincibility from damage dealt after a stun?

you say Jason’s mask hp isn’t a balance issue..... how isn’t it when Jason can get killed from a 1 hit de mask and getting killed with hardly any sort of counter? This is a huge balance issue that needs addressed/fixed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Imo, Tommy should not show up till the last 3 mins of the game.     

But the Jason in that video kinda made it easier then it really is.  

I've said it's too easy to kill Jason many times, me and 2 of my friends going into QP fastest time of pulling it off was 3:12.  2 of us work on the mask and die, the third just goes and waits at the shack when we do.   But, in this video, Jason did have time to go into block.  Instead he walked a few steps to the left.  

But I've demasked a Jason twenty seconds into the round before, which should never...EVER...happen.  Spawn at the fuse house, grabbed a pocket knife and axe, waited til he put his traps down on the box, went and tanked one trap off as I was clicking it off he grabbed me.  PK knocked me off the grab.  I went into CS behind him, waited til the PK stun animation was done, and bam....mask off. Now obviously this is extremely optimal de-masking conditions but it shouldn't happen regardless. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

But the Jason in that video kinda made it easier then it really is.  

That ruins Tommy’s hero role though. That’s not a good idea at all..... the issue shouldn’t be tommy. Jason shouldn’t be all that worried of tommy and SG being together...... If Jason could actually put up a better fight it’d be more fair 

maybe my timing wasn’t perfect de masking him out of stun but it’s just the point that you can de mask him right outta stun with Jason barely having any time to defend himself.

15 minutes ago, SirMang said:

I've said it's too easy to kill Jason many times, me and 2 of my friends going into QP fastest time of pulling it off was 3:12.  2 of us work on the mask and die, the third just goes and waits at the shack when we do.   But, in this video, Jason did have time to go into block.  Instead he walked a few steps to the left.  

But I've demasked a Jason twenty seconds into the round before, which should never...EVER...happen.  Spawn at the fuse house, grabbed a pocket knife and axe, waited til he put his traps down on the box, went and tanked one trap off as I was clicking it off he grabbed me.  PK knocked me off the grab.  I went into CS behind him, waited til the PK stun animation was done, and bam....mask off. Now obviously this is extremely optimal de-masking conditions but it shouldn't happen regardless. 

There are several players reporting to them that something needs changed but it seems they aren’t listening to us and what we have to say. Jason shouldn’t ever die just a few minutes into the round. That’s ridiculous. 

I don’t really rely on de masking right outta stun all the time. ik the timing might not have been perfect but it’s just to make a point most Jason’s don’t have much response time to defend themselves if you hit them out of stun whether you time it perfectly or a little too late. 

In my video Jason stood up at 10 or 10.5 seconds I hit and de masked at around 11 seconds. That’s only .5-1 second to respond and defend. Not enough time. Jason could use at least 3 seconds of damage immunity out of stuns

Posted (edited)

@DontZzz34 even if Matt doesn’t agree, if enough of the community believes it is easy ......than something will be done about it...

Between all the polls and threads the communities opinion leans heavily to it being easy....and with all the videos showing how easy it is the evidence is out there.

Edited by OCT 31 1978

@DontZzz34

When I'm in Jason killing mode, I'm hoping for the optimal conditions I posted above every time.  To me optimal conditions are spawning at or near the fuse house and having an axe.  If I don't have a PK, then I'll just wait til Jason breaks down the front door and CS axe in that second or so where Jason can't do anything.  I've de-masked more Jasons' than I can count with this method. 

If I get a machete or fire poker then I just hide to the side of the door wait til he walks in and smack him.  Most of the time I can get 2-3 machete hits in before he kills me.  It amazes me how many people just blindly walk into cabins or around corners in this game.  Doing so is a clear invitation that "hey!  I'm a scrub.  please hit me, take my mask and kill me!"  

Still, even if the Jason is a scrub, it should NOT be that easy to de-mask him. 

25 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@DontZzz34 even if Matt doesn’t agree if enough of the community believes it is something will be done about it...

Between all the polls and threads about it the evidence is out there.

I sure hope something will be done. The evidence is out there. And I believe the more evidence the better. 

21 minutes ago, SirMang said:

@DontZzz34

When I'm in Jason killing mode, I'm hoping for the optimal conditions I posted above every time.  To me optimal conditions are spawning at or near the fuse house and having an axe.  If I don't have a PK, then I'll just wait til Jason breaks down the front door and CS axe in that second or so where Jason can't do anything.  I've de-masked more Jasons' than I can count with this method. 

If I get a machete or fire poker then I just hide to the side of the door wait til he walks in and smack him.  Most of the time I can get 2-3 machete hits in before he kills me.  It amazes me how many people just blindly walk into cabins or around corners in this game.  Doing so is a clear invitation that "hey!  I'm a scrub.  please hit me, take my mask and kill me!"  

Still, even if the Jason is a scrub, it should NOT be that easy to de-mask him. 

I know exactly what u mean. Hitting him around corners (why I block as jason coming around corners) or hitting him right out of animations such as stuns or the door breaking one (another reason why I combat stance doors and block between hits) is just another hit and more damage towards getting the mask off. God forbid Jason gets hit with a machete only one time.

19 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Jason is to easy to kill.... this is a fact, not an opinion.

It is big facts!!!

• Like 1

Its only a small amount of forum members who belive that its too easy to kill Jason.

Jason is not easy to kill and thats a fact.

making it more difficult to kill jason would rui the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Its only a small amount of forum members who belive that its too easy to kill Jason.

It’s actually a very large amount of us forum members that believe the Jason kill is too easy. Along with many people on their twitch streams from today especially. It was filled with people saying “make the Jason kill harder” “give more mask hp” “the Jason kill is the easiest thing to do in the game when it should be the hardest”  etc.... @Strigoi if you think the Jason kill is hard you lack skill. The Jason kill is easy and that is a fact. On @Fair Play poll it is 23-8 on mask hp needs a buff of some kind or counselor strength needs decreased compared to only 8 people who think it should stay as is. And those 8 people either lack skill or don’t want to have to put in work for killing Jason 

• Like 4

@DontZzz34 your video does not show how much damage Jason took before that point unfortunately... He could have been hit a few times before the shotgun blast, or stepped into beartraps, or been hit by a flare gun. I agree with you... It IS too easy to kill Jason, I have seen it done too many times, had it done to me too many times... and done it myself to other Jason players too many times to not believe it is too easy... but this video cannot be considered proof of that.
    Also... you don't need to be behind him for either hit, it works just as well from the front for the indefensible hit, and for kneeling him. I am not sure why people think you need to do it from behind... I never do it from behind and rarely fail... But remember, I also do not try to do it very often since I completed my badge for it way back when.

@SirMang Although the indefensible hit was not timed to hit him directly out of the stun, it came barely a second later... There is no way he could have got into block that quick with how slow the response to block is if you are not the "host"... or "picker of the map" as the case may be... Before the engine upgrade, you could have gotten into block quick enough to block that one without an issue though. Back before it was slowed you could get into it almost instantly, now it takes more than a full second to get into block, unless you are the "host"... and that is not quick enough... Either way, if timed properly... there was no way we could get into block quick enough before it was slowed... and the timing is not difficult to achieve... DontZzz was just a bit off with that hit.

What is needed here is a video from Jason's perspective from the start, up to the kill... like one of Mr. Mang's kills for instance. 3:12 is pretty damned quick Mr. Mang… but it would still have to be shown from Jason's perspective to show exactly how much damage he took before the kill attempt... and how few hits it actually takes to get the mask off... and several of these videos from one night of play (in a row with no breaks to prove they were all in a row) would illustrate the simplicity of it much better than one video... whether from Jason's perspective, or the hunter's perspective... But if it is from the hunter's perspective, we can never be 100% sure just how much damage Jason took before they ran into him.
    Either way, it is hard to expect them to watch long videos to prove this... or many short videos to prove this... One video really proves nothing... For all they know, it took you hundreds of attempt to do it. Find the stream of a Jason hunter that does nothing but try and kill Jason... and it will show you how easy it is just by the number of successes vs attempts over a few hours of play from one hunter's perspective.
    From what Matt said in Tuesday's stream, he thinks it is hard to kill Jason because he has never lost his mask and considers himself to not be a great Jason player... so he shrugged his shoulders and ignored it. But playing against a couple of kill squads in a row is a pretty easy way to change someone's mind too. They are looking at it from their perspective... not from ours... They need actual proof of the ease of the kill, and that means consistent kills over the course of several games in a row from ONE player's perspective. Also... you have to actually play against players that are actually trying to kill Jason in every match they play.

55 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

maybe my timing wasn’t perfect de masking him out of stun but it’s just the point that you can de mask him right outta stun with Jason barely having any time to defend himself.

As I said above, your timing was a bit off... but as it stands now with block, there was still no defending against that. The timing is NOT difficult to achieve consistently to hit him immediately as he comes out of the stun, and that IS and always has been INDEFENSIBLE.

39 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Between all the polls and threads about it the evidence is out there.

Poles and threads are not evidence... People lie, people exaggerate... so these things cannot be considered evidence... but they can be considered "opinion"... I am with you... I know how easy it is... but to a non believer like @mattshotcha… he needs undeniable proof... and that takes time on his part... and he is a busy, busy man.
   To prove this would require a commitment of time on his part to either play against a half decent kill squad of even just 2 players... or to watch several hours of play from a kill squad that streams their games as I stated above... But... is the kill squad they are playing against here actually trying to prove it is easy... or are they going to make it look difficult so all of us look like liars?
   I could ask @Ambiguously gay batman if she still has a stream of us playing with @GeneiJin for a few hours... but using the best of the Jason hunters that I have seen to prove it is easy is also... NOT proving it is easy for everyone... even if he is technically the only Jason hunter in our group.

33 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Jason is to easy to kill.... this is a fact, not an opinion.

I agree... but... it is all really just our word, and a few videos of one kill here and there. There are also a great many people that claim it is hard and we are just a bunch of crybaby Jason mains... Just check out the steam comunity for that crap... or you can look above this post at @Strigoi's post. I am sure a few others like him will pop into this thread at some point as well.

• Like 1

@Ahab  3:12 is optimal conditions, fastest possible that I know of, one in a thousand type of thing.  I'm not gonna exaggerate and say it can happen that fast all the time.  We've had several kills in under 4 minutes, probably a couple dozen in total.  But when we're in the Jason killing mode, by the 6 minute mark, Jason is dead 9 times out of 10.  Since there's only 3 of us doing this, there is account for a random coming back as Tommy or Jason simply hiding the rest of the match once his mask is off. 

@Strigoi you have constant posts saying killing Jason is too difficult.  Do you not play that often?  Is your skill level not that good?  Do you load into QP by yourself?  Do you not have a couple players with you who are willing to just die once the mask is off?  Are you hitting Jason repeatedly with a baseball wondering why the mask won't come off?  I'm trying to figure out why you think it's so difficult.   Fact of the matter is one CS heavy axe shot from Buggzy is gonna de-mask a part 9 Jason every time, any other Jason one attack from any other weapon/bear trap plus that axe shot is de-masking Jason.  That's not opinion, it's fact and proven in videos.  

• Like 1

I understand where you’re coming from. A video from a Jason players perspective would be the best evidence possible. In my video even if Jason took a bear trap or 1 machete strike. If I applied potent ranger+thrasher perks Jason’s mask would’ve still easily been off in that 1 hit even without much prior damage dealt. But Jason losing his mask easily didn’t seem like much of a balance issue according to Matt. I’m not sure why he thinks that bc then all it takes is sg+tommy together and Jason is more than likely dead. And it doesn’t take a lot to press y. RT as tommy and press A. 

I think the best way is what you said, for @mattshotcha to play as jason and go against a good kill squad for a few rounds. He would see firsthand how unfair of a fight Jason has on keeping his mask and not dying to them. Another idea is Matt joining a kill squad for a few games and killing Jason with them..... Even watching a kill squads stream would help to get them to understand where we’re all coming from. Or even someone making a video and posting it here with as much evidence as possible. Showing all the damage dealt from a-z

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

That ruins Tommy’s hero role though. That’s not a good idea at all....

Not sure how it ruins the hero role.

In your video it took you under a min to kill Jason.   So that gives you 3 mins to be a hero

42 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

LOL!!! This is a joke right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

I don't know about that but I can get behind Tommy, if called, shouldn't show up until Jason hits rage.  Whenever that may be in the round.  It's not gonna make the Jason kill necessarily harder or more difficult but it will give the Jason player some time to try and kill female characters so there is no one, or hardly anyone who can get the sweater and so Jason isn't dying in the first 5 minutes of a match so he can actually do something and get his own XP for the round. 

• Like 1

Just now, HuDawg said:

Not sure how it ruins the hero role.

In your video it took you under a min to kill Jason.   So that gives you 3 mins to be a hero

Good Jason’s can clear lobbies in around 10 mins. Maybe under 10 minutes if it’s a good lobby. There can even be 1 final survivor left to run the clock out against a good Jason. But my point is Tommy’s hero role In these lobbies would make him useless and he wouldn’t have a chance to save all that many counselors. 

33 minutes ago, SirMang said:

@Ahab  3:12 is optimal conditions, fastest possible that I know of, one in a thousand type of thing.  I'm not gonna exaggerate and say it can happen that fast all the time.  We've had several kills in under 4 minutes, probably a couple dozen in total.  But when we're in the Jason killing mode, by the 6 minute mark, Jason is dead 9 times out of 10.  Since there's only 3 of us doing this, there is account for a random coming back as Tommy or Jason simply hiding the rest of the match once his mask is off. 

@Strigoi you have constant posts saying killing Jason is too difficult.  Do you not play that often?  Is your skill level not that good?  Do you load into QP by yourself?  Do you not have a couple players with you who are willing to just die once the mask is off?  Are you hitting Jason repeatedly with a baseball wondering why the mask won't come off?  I'm trying to figure out why you think it's so difficult.   Fact of the matter is one CS heavy axe shot from Buggzy is gonna de-mask a part 9 Jason every time, any other Jason one attack from any other weapon/bear trap plus that axe shot is de-masking Jason.  That's not opinion, it's fact and proven in videos.  

well from the start there is few weapons that can get the mask off. there is very few axes and machetes.

have you noticed that there is only 4 axes and 4 machetes in the whole match of each map.

it takes alot of swipes to get the mask off.

Jason has protection of RAGE that stops most people from trying killing him.

adding more protection to Jason and causing the mask to be harder to get off would cause all axes and machetes to break and be unusable.

then most people wont be able to kill jason because all axes and machetes would be broke from trying to get the mask off.

then Gunmedia would have to pay for more axes and machetes to be added to each map and it would fuck everything up.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

well from the start there is few weapons that can get the mask off.

have you noticed that there is only 4 axes and 4 machetes in the whole match of each map.

adding more protection to Jason and causing the mask to be harder to get off would cause all axes and machetes to break and be unusable.

Use buggzy apply slugger+thrasher. Find axe throw fireworks. Stun Jason with fireworks and hit him right out of stun. Mask should come off with just that alone. A lot of swipes? Your hits must be coming from the axe with a low strength counselor and it’s just doing stuns. Stuns don’t do a whole lot of damage. 

You can even de mask with Tiffany with only about 4 machete strikes. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Strigoi said:

well from the start there is few weapons that can get the mask off.

It doesn't take a lot of swipes to get the mask off.

One CS heavy axe from a Buggzy running Thrasher and then any other attack from a damage weapon (axe/machete/fire poker/shotgun) or a bear trap will de-mask any Jason.  Every time. 

And two hits to Jason might make him get rage 12 minutes into the match.  Problem for Jason is he's dead in  less than half of that time. 

Rage isn't a protection.  

• Like 3

I do want to add that due to the kill being so easy, it is scaring new players away. I’ve asked this in a previous post of mine, “what is the point in killing new Jasons.

You’ve got, Level 150s ganging up and taking out new Jasons one by one. Now, usually I would say to those new players that you just have to get better but for real tho, what is “better”😂? Realizing that blocking is useless? Spending hours playing offline mode, taking pictures of the map so you can figure out where the Tommy box should be (Still 50/50 chance you’ll get it) 

I won’t get scared away but I will say that that shit ain’t fun 😂 I mean before I knew the cheap tactics these kill squads used I wanted to fight them because it was fun.

• Like 1

not everyone uses Buggzy.

this is what needs to happen to make everyone happy.

instead of Gunmedia paying black tower to add more stuff.

add a more difficult mode to the game where the sweater is missing and Jason cant be killed.

its better to take things away than try to switch things around.

add a more difficult mode to the game where the sweater is missing and Jason cant be killed.

Your posts don't even make sense.

You say it's too hard to kill Jason as it is presently and killing Jason is part of the game, when provided counter points to show you why it is too easy, you decide that the proper course of action is to just eliminate the Jason kill???  What??!?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've seen Vanessa's demask with 4 hits from a machete. That is not hard to pull off. The kill is like everything in this game. If you have a competent group of counselors it's pretty easy to do. Pulling off things solo is harder, but not that hard.

@Ahab I know for sure that at least Shifty knows how easy the kill is. He used to hop into Slash'n Cast's streams all the time. Killing Jason was all they did.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thrawn3054 said:

If you have a competent group of counselors it's pretty easy to do.

You don’t even need to have a group of competent counselors to make the Jason kill easy. I have teamed up with just one other random several times since the rage buff to pull off an excessively easy Jason kill.

All this talk about Jason being too hard to kill is hilarious. I can’t help but laugh out loud while reading how someone honestly thinks Jason is so hard to kill, and he is overpowered to the point counselor’s need more buffs and more weapons to pull off a kill. 

• Like 1