Sign in to follow this  
OCT 31 1978

“Would be nice “ vs “this needs fixed”

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

I'm going to break our own rules and respond to this here. Mainly because I don't want to leave you all hanging and wondering the same.

I am, in my opinion, as transparent and honest with you all as any ComDev in games, and this reply is going to be tough to hear. But let's not derail this thread, as there is a good purpose to this thread. If you want to follow up further, let's try to take it to another thread dedicated to the topic.

We are getting very late in the life of Friday the 13th: The Game. You all have to realize that for a game like this, with the trials and tribulations it has faced, it is VERY long in the tooth. We're past 2 years since launch, and we're past 1.5 years since the content stoppage. Don't get me wrong, we are still working the items we discuss on BEYOND. But there is a finite amount of time we can spend continuously working on F13.

Patches, of EVERY type, cost money. Bug fixes and balancing both. You all are aware of the team size we have on this title at this time, and it is not a huge team at all. 

Said plainly, not every piece of community feedback will see their way into the game.

Currently, the team is tackling bugs that the community has expressed frustration over, as that is the best use of the team's time. If there is a piece of feedback or a suggestion that fits within the core design of the game and is something the team can realistically take on without derailing the priority list and bug fix schedule, we'll see to it. But these sweeping ideas of grand overhauls of core systems, most likely no. Core systems are incredibly tricky to tinker with and require a significant amount of work to perfect, and even then may introduce new bugs, creating a microcosm of a "Test, Launch, Report, Fix" cycle. These major changes go through a full cycle of creation, testing, launch, then reading reports, testing further and fixing. That's a lot of resources sunk into a change in lieu of the current bug list. That is also why the team is reluctant to get knee deep into something that is a "Would be nice" and not a "Need this fixed" situation.

At this stage, squashing bugs is far more important for the future of the game than tweaking core systems, hell, even more important than "Are you going to re-balance Jason Part 4" type feedback. Because inevitably the day will come where we cannot continue to develop, test, patch, deploy, develop, test, patch, deploy any longer and a Part 4 Jason that is kind of under powered in the community's eyes is not nearly as big of an impact as say leaving Environmental Kills broken.

There is a life span on development for all games. There is definitely a life span on development of THIS game. A realistic approach to what we can and cannot expect to see happen in game is important. Especially when the cost of those development cycles has to be weighed against the cost of keeping our servers on and so on. The resources at our disposal at this time cannot plausibly take on every piece of feedback, every bug, AND server costs indefinitely. This is why we need to approach every item from a priority standpoint, and focus our work accordingly.

You know what would help to make this easier to hear? 

The community having a list of all the “Need to Fix this “ items the team is working on......and where they fall on the priority list.

And when we have suggestions that we tag you about you communicate with us about what is possible or not.... there have been quite a few instances where you haven’t even responded to them.

I am not trying to be rude here I am just trying to understand ......if feedback that is not possible to be implemented into the game at this “late” stage of the games life is the case .....we the community need to be aware of what is being prioritized.

I appreciate the transparency and respect you very much for being upfront with us and we want to be upfront as well.

You said “having an under powered part 4 Jason vs having environmental kills still broken”

....it Is not a fair comparison.... at this stage of the games life I think it is safe to say we expect the environmental kills to be fixed and most game hindering  bugs to be out of the game by the time you are unable to continue the cycle of Develop, test, launch, report, fix.

I can understand core gameplay changes will definitely not happen do to time involved working on the deep code of the game and the problems that can arise with working on it.

I don’t speak for the entire community but I know I would like to know where the teams time table is and if opportunities for “would be nice” content could be implemented with “needs to be fixed.” Priorities.

@Kodiak I tried to add this quote and response to the topic thread but it wouldn’t let me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

You know what would help to make this easier to hear? 

The community having a list of all the “Need to Fix this “ items the team is working on......and where they fall on the priority list.

And when we have suggestions that we tag you about you communicate with us about what is possible or not.... there have been quite a few instances where you haven’t even responded to them.

I am not trying to be rude here I am just trying to understand ......if feedback that is not possible to be implemented into the game at this “late” stage of the games life is not possible.....we the community need to be aware of what is being prioritized.

I appreciate the transparency and respect you very much for being upfront with us and we want to be upfront as well.

You said “having an under powered part 4 Jason vs having environmental kills still broken”

....it Is not a fair comparison.... at this stage of the games life I think it is safe to say we expect the environmental kills to be fixed and most game hindering  bugs to be out of the game by the time you are unable to continue the development cycle of test, launch, report, fix.

I can understand core gameplay changes will definitely not happen do to time involved with working on the deep code of the game and the problems that can arise with working on it.

I don’t speak for the entire community but I know I would like to know where the teams time table is and if opportunities for “would be nice” content could be implemented with “needs to be fixed.” Priorities.

@Kodiak I tried to add this quote and response to the topic thread but it wouldn’t let me.

This is definitely a fair criticism. I have not replied to every piece of feedback here on the forums. But as far as why I haven't communicated what isn't possible and what is is because it is a very fluid situation. 

This fluidity to the situation recently changed again with the situation with the slingshot bug and counselors reaching the roof. A bug like that, that has reach deep into the code of the game and takes a significant amount of work to fix, can shift the entire scope drastically this late into the game's life. Earlier on, or at a time when content can still be created and released, not as much. So it's not always as cut and dry, and often shifts on the fly. But I can say I will be taking more care to comment on the items that are definitely outside of the scope of the project, though there is still going to be a variety of shades of grey.

And yes, those two items mentioned above are not 1:1, but it's a matter of resources and time. Getting knee deep into a system and releasing a major balancing change that has potential to have ripple effect issues that will then need to be fixed, etc etc is a chunk of development resources better suited to repairing something existing. Basically, and very very truncated, changing a balance or system has the potential to then create bugs/fixes that are required in order for that change to sit well with the community. So we're starting one of those development loops I mentioned with something fresh that may well need to be iterated on into the future, as opposed to correcting an issue in the existing game (iteration, of sorts, itself).

Currently, we don't have a rigid timetable because of that same fluid nature. But I can say this, there is room for some of the "would be nice" with the main caveat being that interrupting major core systems in game are not wise at this stage, as that can shuffle other items of the end of the list.

Overhaul all Jason types? That's not likely at this stage.

Smaller, more specific value changes? That's more possible, though still not something we can promise.

A good example is perks. A major perk rework where we comb through and change the entire system is not going to happen at this point. But, we are looking at what we can do to alleviate some of the pain points with the current system, so it's in a better spot. So this is why feedback is still vital.

I don't see anything you said here as rude and I truly appreciate the discourse. Going forward, this topic is much more open to this type of dialogue and I will do all that I can to check in on the feedback threads and reference this aspect where I can. I can understand the interest and need for more case by case assessment on this, and I'll make that effort to the best of my abilities.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

@mattshotcha

Thanks for talking me off the ledge lol

Glad to hear there will still be wiggle room for  Some of those “ would be nice” items In the game.

I completely understand the limitations with the small team and that priority should always go to  Game play improvements over “it would be nice.” Type Changes/ additions.....and how time and costs will factor into it......

Having your feedback and assessments of the communities suggestions is very much appreciated.

• Thanks 2

I think it’d help a lot when someone gives a suggestion they respond to it and tell us how possible it is if it will get implemented or if it’s flat out not going to happen. That way they don’t hear the same suggestions weekly and us players are more aware of what’s possible. This would be good to do in the forums/social media/and the streams

@mattshotcha would you guys be able to do this?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I think it’d help a lot when someone gives a suggestion they respond to it and tell us how possible it is if it will get implemented or if it’s flat out not going to happen. That way they don’t hear the same suggestions weekly and us players are more aware of what’s possible. This would be good to do in the forums/social media/and the streams

@mattshotcha would you guys be able to do this?

To an extent, sure. It will be tricky in some of those grey areas, but I will provide as much insight and info as I can when it is not so cut and dry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

To an extent, sure. It will be tricky in some of those grey areas, but I will provide as much insight and info as I can when it is not so cut and dry.

Okay I’d appreciate that very much. To us players it will more clear on what’s possible to get implemented this way and the repeat suggestions will start to fade..... For starters, do you see a possibility in more mask hp? 

@OCT 31 1978 and @mattshotcha

i appreciate this information.

if its down to the wire on this stuff id like to subjest:

1- context kills be fixed.

2- if the car being booted into outter space is too complicated and far too deep of a problem to be fully cleaned at this point, for it to at least kill you when you glitch off the map so the match isnt stuck in limbo.

3- maybe give the mask a tad more HP if its an easy buff, to make the jason kill a little more tricky.

4- tweek the perk rolling system so its less fustraiting.

id be happy with that. im glad so much work is still put into this game. i thank you all for your time & effort.

• Like 3

I can only speak for myself, but I really hope that fixing/tweaking the offline bots mode is still something possible even this late in the game's life. We all know that one day, this mode and the sp challenges will probably be all that can still be played and if those bots still behave the way they do right now(standing in place, hoping in/out of windows in loop, not trying to escape, etc.) when that day arrives, there won't be much left to enjoy from this game imo client side save or not.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, makred78 said:

I can only speak for myself, but I really hope that fixing/tweaking the offline bots mode is still something possible even this late in the game's life. We all know that one day, this mode and the sp challenges will probably be all that can still be played and if those bots still behave the way they do right now(standing in place, hoping in/out of windows in loop, not trying to escape, etc.) when that day arrives, there won't be much left to enjoy from this game imo client side save or not.

Off- line fixes and Client side saves are a must!

Hopefully p2p hosting will also be possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Okay I’d appreciate that very much. To us players it will more clear on what’s possible to get implemented this way and the repeat suggestions will start to fade..... For starters, do you see a possibility in more mask hp? 

Possibly. We need to have a few more internal discussions on that, though. 

34 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

@OCT 31 1978 and @mattshotcha

i appreciate this information.

if its down to the wire on this stuff id like to subjest:

1- context kills be fixed.

2- if the car being booted into outter space is too complicated and far too deep of a problem to be fully cleaned at this point, for it to at least kill you when you glitch off the map so the match isnt stuck in limbo.

3- maybe give the mask a tad more HP if its an easy buff, to make the jason kill a little more tricky.

4- tweek the perk rolling system so its less fustraiting.

id be happy with that. im glad so much work is still put into this game. i thank you all for your time & effort.

Context/Environmental Kills are next in the priority list at number one.

The car situation definitely needs a thorough investigation before I could honestly say.

Mask I covered above.

Perks are something we're looking at as in alternatives to an overhaul. More likely would be addressing some pain points, though we're not 100% sure on what that looks like for possibility yet.

10 minutes ago, makred78 said:

As far as I know, offline bots are not ruled out for the pathing fix. Meaning, the bots not moving in some offline play. That's something we have yet to investigate fully, but we do plan to look at.

7 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Off- line fixes and Client side saves are a must!

Hopefully p2p hosting will also be possible.

That's thinking far down the line, but as I've said before, we'll be looking to protect the players from loss at the end of the line. What exactly that will look like is still in discussion as we're not there yet.

I also want to thank everyone here for the level headed discussion on this. I appreciate that.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

That's thinking far down the line, but as I've said before, we'll be looking to protect the players from loss at the end of the line. What exactly that will look like is still in discussion as we're not there yet.

Whenever you say things like far down the line when it comes to the end of development ..........it makes my heart super happy!!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

I also want to thank everyone here for the level headed discussion on this. I appreciate that.

Discussions tend to go better when the parties involved are level-headed.

We know you and the developers have your hands full. Just do what you feel is best, and whatever happens, happens.

@OCT 31 1978, excellent topic you've got here.

• Thanks 1

@mattshotcha

Thank you for taking the time to address some of these concerns.  Personally, I have perk tweaks at the top of my list of the realistic changes that could come.  I have some ideas, but I understand that you guys are going to shelf it for now while fixing the other, more pressing issues.

I have been highly critical of what I believe have been some major mis-steps in this game's development, but I still love this game and I certainly appreciate the hard work that has gone into it.

5 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

This is definitely a fair criticism. I have not replied to every piece of feedback here on the forums. But as far as why I haven't communicated what isn't possible and what is is because it is a very fluid situation. 

This fluidity to the situation recently changed again with the situation with the slingshot bug and counselors reaching the roof. A bug like that, that has reach deep into the code of the game and takes a significant amount of work to fix, can shift the entire scope drastically this late into the game's life. Earlier on, or at a time when content can still be created and released, not as much. So it's not always as cut and dry, and often shifts on the fly. But I can say I will be taking more care to comment on the items that are definitely outside of the scope of the project, though there is still going to be a variety of shades of grey.

And yes, those two items mentioned above are not 1:1, but it's a matter of resources and time. Getting knee deep into a system and releasing a major balancing change that has potential to have ripple effect issues that will then need to be fixed, etc etc is a chunk of development resources better suited to repairing something existing. Basically, and very very truncated, changing a balance or system has the potential to then create bugs/fixes that are required in order for that change to sit well with the community. So we're starting one of those development loops I mentioned with something fresh that may well need to be iterated on into the future, as opposed to correcting an issue in the existing game (iteration, of sorts, itself).

Currently, we don't have a rigid timetable because of that same fluid nature. But I can say this, there is room for some of the "would be nice" with the main caveat being that interrupting major core systems in game are not wise at this stage, as that can shuffle other items of the end of the list.

Overhaul all Jason types? That's not likely at this stage.

Smaller, more specific value changes? That's more possible, though still not something we can promise.

A good example is perks. A major perk rework where we comb through and change the entire system is not going to happen at this point. But, we are looking at what we can do to alleviate some of the pain points with the current system, so it's in a better spot. So this is why feedback is still vital.

I don't see anything you said here as rude and I truly appreciate the discourse. Going forward, this topic is much more open to this type of dialogue and I will do all that I can to check in on the feedback threads and reference this aspect where I can. I can understand the interest and need for more case by case assessment on this, and I'll make that effort to the best of my abilities.

If Jasons mask becomes tougher to remove.dont you think it would make sense to make machetes and axes not to break as easy. adding a couple more machetes and axes would help balance the gameto be able to demask Jason and kill him the way the game is designed.

• Confused 1

All this does is basically confirm what's already known IMO.

We'll get one solid fix every 6 months or so, then have to worry if something else breaks. Everything else up to and including changing the meta, overhauling the game in any meaningful way on Counselor or Jason side is all pipe dream stuff. Point being largely the game we have now is the game its going to be 6 months from now, a year from now, give or take dedicated servers. This after the game made a killing between backers and launch sales.

You can throw all the lawsuit nonsense out the window. Here's what actually changed in the core game since launch for those who remember that far back.

1. Removed Jason's godframes after a stun, which helped protect him from being chain stunned or damaged.

2. Removed Jason's meat shielding when grabbing counselors, so he could keep them from freeing the counselor.

3. Added a force shield around windows that prevent Jason from interacting with them when a counselor is using them, also added a prompt because players complained Jason couldn't break windows without combat stance.

4. Added a fuse after beta feedback showed how easy it was to call the cops...arguably can be today if the lobby is loaded up on the right perks that make traps pointless.

5. Added a map marker for gas, the keys and battery because it was too difficult to find the items for counselor. Yet counselors that I've seen don't even bother marking the items by picking them up and instead ignore them or miss them. At this point, you might as well go the extra step and just mark them the minute a counselor enters a cabin.

6. Gave Jason a 'speed' increase and two extra knives after the Crystal Lake armory update combined with the nerfing ofJason's grab range made Jason a bitch that nobody wanted to play as for a good while.

7. Changed Jason's grab animation to 'look better'.

8. Made Jason unstunnable in rage except for shotguns and demasking.

9. Made firecrackers and flare guns stun Jason post launch after beta complaints about not having enough ways to fight Jason. Moved the flare gun from an inventory item to an item you can hold.

10. Made single entrance cabins or rooms have unlockable doors to prevent counselors from locking items in rooms, then leaving them via a window.

11. Removed team killing because trolls began taking over games.

So that's about it unless im missing some?

Roughly ten things that really changed throughout the games life cycle. Some of those are merely quality of life changes after months of complaints.

Sure content at the time may have taken up some resources from making changes to the core game. However when you factor in the content was merely clothing packs, 2 new maps, 2 new Jasons, 4 new counselors, a cancelled gamemode after being hyped, a cancelled new Jason/map after being hyped, technically 2 cancelled Jasons with the retro rework that never happened. It really does feel like mismanagement killed the game more than anything else.

Point being after this long rambling rant. The game you have now is the game its likely always going to be forever. So for all of us that look forward to something that's going to change the narrative of the game or spice it up in any meaningful way. We're holding onto a dead dream.

A lot of people around here (more so twitter and other platforms) will probably blind buy a Halloween licensed game by Gun and company if they decide to go down this road again with another major horror franchise in the hopes and 'promise' that it will be like Friday the 13th,  but better. I know I'll be waiting for sure. It would take a massive uptake in quality and turnaround with this game for me to consider another title even similar to this one from these publishers. Not a personal attack, just the rambling of one of the many disgruntled types who are still around whereas many others left.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

All this does is basically confirm what's already known IMO.

We'll get one solid fix every 6 months or so, then have to worry if something else breaks. Everything else up to and including changing the meta, overhauling the game in any meaningful way on Counselor or Jason side is all pipe dream stuff. Point being largely the game we have now is the game its going to be 6 months from now, a year from now, give or take dedicated servers. This after the game made a killing between backers and launch sales.

You can throw all the lawsuit nonsense out the window. Here's what actually changed in the core game since launch for those who remember that far back.

1. Removed Jason's godframes after a stun, which helped protect him from being chain stunned or damaged.

2. Removed Jason's meat shielding when grabbing counselors, so he could keep them from freeing the counselor.

3. Added a force shield around windows that prevent Jason from interacting with them when a counselor is using them, also added a prompt because players complained Jason couldn't break windows without combat stance.

4. Added a fuse after beta feedback showed how easy it was to call the cops...arguably can be today if the lobby is loaded up on the right perks that make traps pointless.

5. Added a map marker for gas, the keys and battery because it was too difficult to find the items for counselor. Yet counselors that I've seen don't even bother marking the items by picking them up and instead ignore them or miss them. At this point, you might as well go the extra step and just mark them the minute a counselor enters a cabin.

6. Gave Jason a 'speed' increase and two extra knives after the Crystal Lake armory update combined with the nerfing ofJason's grab range made Jason a bitch that nobody wanted to play as for a good while.

7. Changed Jason's grab animation to 'look better'.

8. Made Jason unstunnable in rage except for shotguns and demasking.

9. Made firecrackers and flare guns stun Jason post launch after beta complaints about not having enough ways to fight Jason. Moved the flare gun from an inventory item to an item you can hold.

10. Made single entrance cabins or rooms have unlockable doors to prevent counselors from locking items in rooms, then leaving them via a window.

11. Removed team killing because trolls began taking over games.

So that's about it unless im missing some?

Roughly ten things that really changed throughout the games life cycle. Some of those are merely quality of life changes after months of complaints.

Sure content at the time may have taken up some resources from making changes to the core game. However when you factor in the content was merely clothing packs, 2 new maps, 2 new Jasons, 4 new counselors, a cancelled gamemode after being hyped, a cancelled new Jason/map after being hyped, technically 2 cancelled Jasons with the retro rework that never happened. It really does feel like mismanagement killed the game more than anything else.

Point being after this long rambling rant. The game you have now is the game its likely always going to be forever. So for all of us that look forward to something that's going to change the narrative of the game or spice it up in any meaningful way. We're holding onto a dead dream.

A lot of people around here (more so twitter and other platforms) will probably blind buy a Halloween licensed game by Gun and company if they decide to go down this road again with another major horror franchise in the hopes and 'promise' that it will be like Friday the 13th,  but better. I know I'll be waiting for sure. It would take a massive uptake in quality and turnaround with this game for me to consider another title even similar to this one from these publishers. Not a personal attack, just the rambling of one of the many disgruntled types who are still around whereas many others left.

I'm not going to bicker with you, Tyrant. You've made it clear that you're more interested in pushing YOUR interpretation of what is going on than actually hearing and understanding what is going on. And that's your prerogative.

And as far as whatever our next game may be, you are totally within your rights as a consumer to not buy it. No need to inform me of that decision.

Anyhow, to anyone reading this, no, the game is not going to go through any major rework in the near future. But will the game be the same in 6 months as Tyrant seems so sure? No. So please do take his ill informed assumption as exactly that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Possibly. We need to have a few more internal discussions on that, though. 

Context/Environmental Kills are next in the priority list at number one.

The car situation definitely needs a thorough investigation before I could honestly say.

Mask I covered above.

Perks are something we're looking at as in alternatives to an overhaul. More likely would be addressing some pain points, though we're not 100% sure on what that looks like for possibility yet.

As far as I know, offline bots are not ruled out for the pathing fix. Meaning, the bots not moving in some offline play. That's something we have yet to investigate fully, but we do plan to look at.

Many users have asked about offline play fixes, the bots in general. As that's all that will be left when the servers shut down. The servers shutting down may be far away, but that doesn't fix the issue that many have asked about. When they shut down, we are stuck with part 3 jason, and part 5 jason. This needs to be fixed. An offline all unlocked, or offline progression is a must, otherwise we have a less than half experience. Also, the lan option, or self hosted games. The game could live on after the servers shut down. That I think should be priority after the environmental kills, and car glitches. The rest is livable. But the team will only get smaller as time goes on. Not having a way to use purchased content seems like a really big screw up in my opinion.

Saying that having local profiles will lead to hacks is stupid, as that's not how server side authentication works. But it won't matter when there aren't servers to play on. So who would care about hacking then? There is a way to make this work, but I have a good damn feeling one day the servers are going to shut down, and nothing will have been put in place to secure the game is still playable by people that still want to. No Lan option, no player hosted games. All because of the ridiculous progression system, that hasn't done much in the way of grinding to be like other games. I'd love to see the biggest problems fixed, and then a straight up focus on the legacy of the game, getting it to where it's possible to play after the servers shut down, and I think that would take a lot of resources at this point, but if the game is shut down in a year, who gives a shit how well it runs in the next 6 months. They'll get it running great and 3 months later it's not making money anymore. Gone. You have a paperweight. 

@mattshotcha

Could you respond in more detail about what plans or what the talks are about in place of keeping this game alive after the servers shut down, and what users could expect in the next 2 years? 

1 minute ago, Mdw22 said:

Many users have asked about offline play fixes, the bots in general. As that's all that will be left when the servers shut down. The servers shutting down may be far away, but that doesn't fix the issue that many have asked about. When they shut down, we are stuck with part 3 jason, and part 5 jason. This needs to be fixed. An offline all unlocked, or offline progression is a must, otherwise we have a less than half experience. Also, the lan option, or self hosted games. The game could live on after the servers shut down. That I think should be priority after the environmental kills, and car glitches. The rest is livable. But the team will only get smaller as time goes on. Not having a way to use purchased content seems like a really big screw up in my opinion.

Saying that having local profiles will lead to hacks is stupid, as that's not how server side authentication works. But it won't matter when there aren't servers to play on. So who would care about hacking then? There is a way to make this work, but I have a good damn feeling one day the servers are going to shut down, and nothing will have been put in place to secure the game is still playable by people that still want to. No Lan option, no player hosted games. All because of the ridiculous progression system, that hasn't done much in the way of grinding to be like other games. I'd love to see the biggest problems fixed, and then a straight up focus on the legacy of the game, getting it to where it's possible to play after the servers shut down, and I think that would take a lot of resources at this point, but if the game is shut down in a year, who gives a shit how well it runs in the next 6 months. They'll get it running great and 3 months later it's not making money anymore. Gone. You have a paperweight. 

@mattshotcha

Could you respond in more detail about what plans or what the talks are about in place of keeping this game alive after the servers shut down, and what users could expect in the next 2 years? 

I cannot provide exact details until the team is working through that aspect, but as we've said in the past, we're not going to leave players without access to their content and their game.

As for servers and what happens once we hit that point, there are options to fall back on to allow players to still have a functional multiplayer game. Part of that is offline, yes. Part of that is p2p, etc. So once we get there, we'll discuss more openly what we're looking at. But this is too early still to assume that we're going to shut it down and lock people out of their content.

2 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

I cannot provide exact details until the team is working through that aspect, but as we've said in the past, we're not going to leave players without access to their content and their game.

As for servers and what happens once we hit that point, there are options to fall back on to allow players to still have a functional multiplayer game. Part of that is offline, yes. Part of that is p2p, etc. So once we get there, we'll discuss more openly what we're looking at. But this is too early still to assume that we're going to shut it down and lock people out of their content.

Has the company Gunmedia allready started production of their next game.

When the next game is announced will there be new forum for the new game and will banned members of the fridays forums be given a second chance on the new game forum.

could we expect to hear about Gunmedias next project this october.

• Confused 1

I’d like to be able to play my Counselors offline. (Both bots and SPC’s)

When I bought the game, I didn’t think the Counselor play would be as fun as it is. I thought it would be a chore to play those matches waiting for my chance to be Jason. It wasn’t though, it was and is fun. It made me love playing games again after losing almost all interest in them.

It’s what I want to do when I have only 20 minutes to dick around, it’s how I want to visit camp for years to come. 

Thank you

26 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Has the company Gunmedia allready started production of their next game.

When the next game is announced will there be new forum for the new game and will banned members of the fridays forums be given a second chance on the new game forum.

could we expect to hear about Gunmedias next project this october.

These aren't topics we're ready to share more on at this time other than to say that Gun is not going anywhere, any time soon.

20 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’d like to be able to play my Counselors offline. (Both bots and SPC’s)

When I bought the game, I didn’t think the Counselor play would be as fun as it is. I thought it would be a chore to play those matches waiting for my chance to be Jason. It wasn’t though, it was and is fun. It made me love playing games again after losing almost all interest in them.

It’s what I want to do when I have only 20 minutes to dick around, it’s how I want to visit camp for years to come. 

Thank you

Considering how much that would entail, it's unlikely at this stage. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you, but that's the honest truth.

That said, we will still aim to have the game be playable by our fans in some form or fashion, including counselor gameplay. Whether that is P2P matchmaking or private lobbies, it is the goal and the plan.