Sign in to follow this  
LowIQKiller

Is there anyway to get around not being able to get into a dedicated server on PS4?

So i'm from EU and have mentioned this in another thread, wondering if there is any bypass/fix for this, can't get into games at all on ps4 atm, sitting here right now searching for 5 minutes, back in october during the Halloween event for 2xp and shit, i had no problems finding games at all, took about 20 seconds and I was in, game isn't the same anymore, is there a fix? Any help is appreciated!

The last patch kinda borked the servers for PS4. Last I heard they were working on it. No fix yet that I know of though. 

@LowIQKiller, mattshotcha posted this yesterday in the patch notes thread:

"Hey gang! Didn't want to make anyone wait for a stream to hear the news on this. Servers will be rerouting those of you affected to more active, less problematic servers for the time being while the team continues to investigate why those servers were crashing/looping. You may see higher than expected ping, but within the realm of playable, due to the connection being to the next nearest server.

This will be mostly evident in the regions already facing an issue, and mostly on the PS4 platform."

A lot of the people affected by the server problems are reporting that they are connecting now. Hey @mattshotcha, can you maybe help @LowIQKiller out here?

Update: I have just gotten into a game, it took a few tries but I am in, feel free to lock the thread mods :)

EDIT: Everything is working fine now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LowIQKiller said:

Update: I have just gotten into a game, it took a few tries but I am in, feel free to lock the thread mods :)

EDIT: Everything is working fine now.

Glad to hear it!

• Like 1

It's good to hear the OP is now able to find a game again...

Are you sure it was a dedicated server in your region, and not a P2P lobby? 

For PS4 players in Australia for the last 2-3 weeks (since the Switch release), there are no AU servers. 

At first it would put you on an AP or US server with horrible lag, or else it'd make you host of your own P2P lobby after 4-5 minutes searching, and if you were lucky you'd have friends online who wanted to play.  

In the last few days, it seems like even the AP servers are no longer being found. It will just search for nearly 5 minutes and then put you in your own lobby, or some other P2P lobby. 

I bought the game on Switch - every day that I search for a game it places me on the "AP South East 2" server with 80ms, slightly better ping than I'd get on a PS4 AU server, but it's all for nothing sadly as there are never any other players in the lobby. I wait for a while and leave. $60 AUD down the drain... :( I'd bought the game on every platform before, and gifted it to people on more than one occasion, I'd never flat out regretted a purchase of this game up until the Switch version. 

I've been playing mostly on Xbox lately, and the AU servers are fine on that platform. It takes me like 20 seconds to be put in a populated AU lobby at most hours of the day. It's unfortunate about the cancerous insta-mute morons whose egos easily eclipse their so called skill, but that's the case on every platform.

On the bright side, it gives me ample opportunity to administer a little vehicular chemotherapy. 🚘 I ran over the same repugnant fuckhead an inconceivable THREE TIMES in the same day a few days ago, over the course of maybe 5-6 rounds. You'd think he'd have managed to avoid it the THIRD time, if not the second. 😂

There are some decent players on there too, and one of my friends who I play with all the time on PS4 has started playing on Xbox while the PS4 servers are broken, so that's been fun. 

I'll be pretty stoked if the PS4 servers are back up in my region soon, it's fun destroying all the Xbox cornballs but most of the worthwhile people I've encountered in this game are on PS4, and I miss fucking up the psychotic/meth-addled teamers on PS4 on the regular as well. 

A poster on another thread mentioned he/she had success with changing DNS servers on the PS4. Though it didn't work for me, it's something PS4 users may want to try as a last resort. Also, someone else stated they seem to have better luck finding a dedicated server if they have a group of at least one other person as opposed to being solo (this also didn't work for me, FWIW).

I changed my DNS to the cloudflare DNS; 

It works wonders if I cant find a game, give it a shot!

• Thanks 1