intro_beyond_twitter-final.png

Hey gang!

Some forum users had a really great idea for involving the folks here a bit more in our live content for BEYOND. While you all can have the usual conversations with me across the forums, many cannot make it to the BEYOND streams. So we now have a weekly thread dedicated for you to ask questions that can then be read on air.

Of course, for more pressing and urgent things, you'll want to contact support (JasonKillsBugs.com) and create threads here, as this is not a replacement for forum involvement. But for things you'd like to see highlighted, deep dives, etc, you can reply here and I'll read and address live on the next episode.

This is not a request or feedback thread, as we have a whole forum for that. This is simply for questions you'd like to see addressed in a live environment.

After the episode airs, this thread will be locked and a fresh thread created with the date of the next show.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@mattshotcha

Would it be possible to add some of the maps and Kills that are in the Single player challenges to the multiplayer portion of the game?

( I know some kills are cinematic but a few could be included as environmental kills..... the wheel barrel rock kill and stop sign kill come to mind.)

Would it be possible to let Jason players hear the Jason specific chase music that counselors hear when being chased by different Jason’s?

( Each Jason has a different chase theme that can only be heard when playing as counselor.)

Is out of sync audio for Off-line bots going to be addressed in the next patch?

Thanks 

@mattshotcha I get the feeling a lot of the community’s feedback doesn’t really get considered as anything that’s going to get implemented into the game. You guys listen to what we have to say in the streams but nothing really goes beyond the conversation. Your guys’ player base knows the game the best and what’s best for it. Listening to the player base and implementing some of what we suggest would do a lot of good for the game. The streams are starting to seem like the same thing every week. I see a lot of the same suggestions in the chat week after week...... and those same suggestions are just becoming the same old conversation and nothing more than that on a weekly basis. You guys haven’t made yourselves very clear if you’re going to move forward and try to implement anything we’ve suggested. Can you guys tell us what the plans are as far as what you guys might implement into the game out of all the ideas that have been thrown your way? There’s been a lot of feedback and suggestions given to you guys.... Im asking myself is anything going to get implemented at all...? Is the players voices just going to be noise and nothing more than a conversation? I just want a honest answer of what’s happening and what  has a chance to get implemented out of our suggestions so some of us can quit wasting our own time suggesting the same things week after week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Would it be possible to let Jason players hear the Jason specific chase music that counselors hear when being chased by different Jason’s?

Really like that idea.

One question I have. Would it be possible to do away with the boat on the Pinehurst map and add a second car? Not remove the boat entirely from the map for good, but randomly. One round the boat is an option, the next time the map is played, the boat has been replaced by a car. Just wondering, because the boat hardly ever gets used on that map unless I'm a counselor during the match from my experience.

8 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

@mattshotcha I get the feeling a lot of the community’s feedback doesn’t really get considered as anything that’s going to get implemented into the game. You guys listen to what we have to say in the streams but nothing really goes beyond the conversation. Your guys’ player base knows the game the best and what’s best for it. Listening to the player base and implementing some of what we suggest would do a lot of good for the game. The streams are starting to seem like the same thing every week. I see a lot of the same suggestions in the chat week after week...... and those same suggestions are just becoming the same old conversation and nothing more than that on a weekly basis. You guys haven’t made yourselves very clear if you’re going to move forward and try to implement anything we’ve suggested. Can you guys tell us what the plans are as far as what you guys might implement into the game out of all the ideas that have been thrown your way? There’s been a lot of feedback and suggestions given to you guys.... Im asking myself is anything going to get implemented at all...? Is the players voices just going to be noise and nothing more than a conversation? I just want a honest answer of what’s happening and what  has a chance to get implemented out of our suggestions so some of us can quit wasting our own time suggesting the same things week after week. 

I'm going to break our own rules and respond to this here. Mainly because I don't want to leave you all hanging and wondering the same.

I am, in my opinion, as transparent and honest with you all as any ComDev in games, and this reply is going to be tough to hear. But let's not derail this thread, as there is a good purpose to this thread. If you want to follow up further, let's try to take it to another thread dedicated to the topic.

We are getting very late in the life of Friday the 13th: The Game. You all have to realize that for a game like this, with the trials and tribulations it has faced, it is VERY long in the tooth. We're past 2 years since launch, and we're past 1.5 years since the content stoppage. Don't get me wrong, we are still working the items we discuss on BEYOND. But there is a finite amount of time we can spend continuously working on F13.

Patches, of EVERY type, cost money. Bug fixes and balancing both. You all are aware of the team size we have on this title at this time, and it is not a huge team at all. 

Said plainly, not every piece of community feedback will see their way into the game.

Currently, the team is tackling bugs that the community has expressed frustration over, as that is the best use of the team's time. If there is a piece of feedback or a suggestion that fits within the core design of the game and is something the team can realistically take on without derailing the priority list and bug fix schedule, we'll see to it. But these sweeping ideas of grand overhauls of core systems, most likely no. Core systems are incredibly tricky to tinker with and require a significant amount of work to perfect, and even then may introduce new bugs, creating a microcosm of a "Test, Launch, Report, Fix" cycle. These major changes go through a full cycle of creation, testing, launch, then reading reports, testing further and fixing. That's a lot of resources sunk into a change in lieu of the current bug list. That is also why the team is reluctant to get knee deep into something that is a "Would be nice" and not a "Need this fixed" situation.

At this stage, squashing bugs is far more important for the future of the game than tweaking core systems, hell, even more important than "Are you going to re-balance Jason Part 4" type feedback. Because inevitably the day will come where we cannot continue to develop, test, patch, deploy, develop, test, patch, deploy any longer and a Part 4 Jason that is kind of under powered in the community's eyes is not nearly as big of an impact as say leaving Environmental Kills broken.

There is a life span on development for all games. There is definitely a life span on development of THIS game. A realistic approach to what we can and cannot expect to see happen in game is important. Especially when the cost of those development cycles has to be weighed against the cost of keeping our servers on and so on. The resources at our disposal at this time cannot plausibly take on every piece of feedback, every bug, AND server costs indefinitely. This is why we need to approach every item from a priority standpoint, and focus our work accordingly.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

@mattshotcha, could you walk us through the steps taken in developing a single patch for this game, from conceptualization to delivery?

Another good question for you:

It is possible to display an occasional report to us as to which counselors and Jason are the most actively used?

• Like 2

keeep up the goood work @mattshotcha & friends! i think its great you & yours put on a live stream to stay in touch with the community.. it is truly appreciated!

with time running low on farther development in friday the 13th, is it possible for you to give us an idea of whats being made a priority for the final bug fixes of the game? i understand things dont always go as planned & you have to be prepared for set backs, but is there some what of a "must be fixed before time is up" list? i know enviorment kills is number one as youve stated before, which i am very happy about, but what are the biggest issues the team has in mind beyond enviorment kills? are the car  physics still a possiblity or do they think its too time restricted?

congrats on fixing the roof glitch once & for all! thanks again, pal!!

On 8/28/2019 at 4:35 AM, DontZzz34 said:

If you or another group combined already tried getting through them with this on multiple occasions in a Beyond stream, then unfortunately you might just have to accept on what their clear intentions are heading into the future of F13th since it's pretty much a waste of time trying this same ordeal communicating via the forums because the ones who have the final say will never have any plans of showing up here. 

If you want significant change, your best bet is to try your luck on social media to get in touch with those in charge. Message boards/forums are a dying technology anyways. Social media is the huge platform now for communication. Wes and even the others running the game's official twitter has practically freaking lived there posting more tweets regarding the game rather than the site itself in the past.

Otherwise, you're better off hoping or supporting another company to take on the moniker of an retro 80's slasher game that can provide you way more better results. 

Off topic. I've been away from the game for some time,  just picked it back up. However, can you no longer buy the DLC from the PlayStation store?

Edit: disregard I found them you apparently you can't access them from the game, have to go psn instead.

On 9/18/2019 at 11:21 PM, Fair Play said:

I'm guessing there hasn't been a Beyond stream over the last couple of weeks?

There have been two and none of these Questions were brought up...😥

Matt said yesterday on discord that team focus has switched to investigating environmental kill issue. That will be the next fix it seams. I really wish they would look at the cars too. Everytime i get in a car now it seems a Jason is tossing a knife at me or exploding me off the map with morph.

8 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I'm not surprised. Thanks for the heads up. I was waiting for the streams to be uploaded to Youtube, but it hasn't happened yet.

8 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Matt said yesterday on discord that team focus has switched to investigating environmental kill issue. That will be the next fix it seams. I really wish they would look at the cars too. Everytime i get in a car now it seems a Jason is tossing a knife at me or exploding me off the map with morph.

It does make sense to look into the environmental kills. I do hope as you do that the cars get addressed eventually.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I'm not surprised. Thanks for the heads up. I was waiting for the streams to be uploaded to Youtube, but it hasn't happened yet.

You’re not the only one.

21 hours ago, KillerKnives said:

Manage your feelings man. Gun isn’t responsible for how you behave. 

If you do love the game regardless of the bugs, hang out get to know the community. 

On 9/18/2019 at 11:21 PM, Fair Play said:

I'm guessing there hasn't been a Beyond stream over the last couple of weeks?

On 9/20/2019 at 6:19 AM, OCT 31 1978 said:

I apologize for not addressing these on BEYOND. I did skim the section, but for one reason or another they weren't really live topic material. If it's something production heavy, I usually try and stash that away for a potential focus episode or whatnot. I did give them a read, but felt they didn't translate well to the live environment. I'll comment here, and specify where I think we can hold something for a Production Focused episode.

On 8/27/2019 at 7:30 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

@mattshotcha

Would it be possible to add some of the maps and Kills that are in the Single player challenges to the multiplayer portion of the game?

( I know some kills are cinematic but a few could be included as environmental kills..... the wheel barrel rock kill and stop sign kill come to mind.)

( Each Jason has a different chase theme that can only be heard when playing as counselor.)

Is out of sync audio for Off-line bots going to be addressed in the next patch?

Thanks 

As for kills, that's dangerously close to looking as if we add new content. That is walking a razor's edge on the situation, and would not be in the best interest of Gun, even if it were plausible at this time and in the scope of the project still.

As for music, that's part of the authenticity that I think would be one of those decisions that falls back on "core design" and what that is in this game. Messing with the icon of a specific intellectual property in such a way is not something the game is intended to do. That's why Jason doesn't act in a way that is outside of the persona and essence of the character.

On 8/28/2019 at 9:28 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

Really like that idea.

One question I have. Would it be possible to do away with the boat on the Pinehurst map and add a second car? Not remove the boat entirely from the map for good, but randomly. One round the boat is an option, the next time the map is played, the boat has been replaced by a car. Just wondering, because the boat hardly ever gets used on that map unless I'm a counselor during the match from my experience.

This is feedback that has been brought up, but definitely lower down the scale. I'm not sure what it entails from a dev standpoint, but I will re-raise the feedback if the scope allows for it. Considering we have bug work to do, I am skeptical we'll see this tuned instead of some other areas that could use tuning still.

On 8/28/2019 at 6:12 PM, Fair Play said:

@mattshotcha, could you walk us through the steps taken in developing a single patch for this game, from conceptualization to delivery?

Another good question for you:

It is possible to display an occasional report to us as to which counselors and Jason are the most actively used?

This is a perfect example of something that would require a guest spot and specific focus for an episode. I would not want to detail that without a member of the production team on air with me, as we would need the level of expertise that can only come from one in that specified department.

On 9/5/2019 at 10:12 PM, glowing ooze said:

keeep up the goood work @mattshotcha & friends! i think its great you & yours put on a live stream to stay in touch with the community.. it is truly appreciated!

with time running low on farther development in friday the 13th, is it possible for you to give us an idea of whats being made a priority for the final bug fixes of the game? i understand things dont always go as planned & you have to be prepared for set backs, but is there some what of a "must be fixed before time is up" list? i know enviorment kills is number one as youve stated before, which i am very happy about, but what are the biggest issues the team has in mind beyond enviorment kills? are the car  physics still a possiblity or do they think its too time restricted?

congrats on fixing the roof glitch once & for all! thanks again, pal!!

Current priority is the Environmental Kills. Full stop. That's a bug that is not just unfortunate but changes the core design of game play and will be investigated next.

On 9/8/2019 at 2:17 AM, Liquid Swordsman said:

If you or another group combined already tried getting through them with this on multiple occasions in a Beyond stream, then unfortunately you might just have to accept on what their clear intentions are heading into the future of F13th since it's pretty much a waste of time trying this same ordeal communicating via the forums because the ones who have the final say will never have any plans of showing up here. 

If you want significant change, your best bet is to try your luck on social media to get in touch with those in charge. Message boards/forums are a dying technology anyways. Social media is the huge platform now for communication. Wes and even the others running the game's official twitter has practically freaking lived there posting more tweets regarding the game rather than the site itself in the past.

Otherwise, you're better off hoping or supporting another company to take on the moniker of an retro 80's slasher game that can provide you way more better results. 

Reaching out to the social sites will still be me you're talking to. I think a lot of you guys underestimate just how many channels I operate on. And reaching out to Wes directly is assuming that I don't have these talks with the entire team, which is incorrect. Every decision is a team decision and I'm the messenger, not the evil curmudgeon wagging their finger and saying NO.

5 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Manage your feelings man. Gun isn’t responsible for how you behave. 

If you do love the game regardless of the bugs, hang out get to know the community. 

Won't be a chance for that. There's far too much to do around here still to suffer that level of hostility.

Let it be clear to everyone here that these forums are not a right that comes with the purchase of the title. This is an opt in space, run by Gun. Keeping your cool is imperative. Right, wrong, or indifferent, we're all human beings and should conduct ourselves with the level of respect for each other that we expect in return. And if that isn't in your capability, then you do not have to participate here.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention, there will be no BEYOND streams for the next two Tuesdays. No TALES either. Streaming will return on October 8th.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

As for music, that's part of the authenticity that I think would be one of those decisions that falls back on "core design" and what that is in this game. Messing with the icon of a specific intellectual property in such a way is not something the game is intended to do. That's why Jason doesn't act in a way that is outside of the persona and essence of the character.

I agree completely that authenticity is necessary when it comes to the iconic character and core design the developers are after with this game....

My Question actually falls in line with making the game more authentic to Jason and specifically each different version of him......counselors hear different chase theme music based on which Jason is stalking after them......wouldn’t it be more authentic for those specific Jason’s to hear the same chase theme that was made for them specifically instead of the basic Jason chase theme that all the Jason’s hear now?

Ps thank you for taking the time to answer these questions.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Let it be clear to everyone here that these forums are not a right that comes with the purchase of the title. This is an opt in space, run by Gun. Keeping your cool is imperative. Right, wrong, or indifferent, we're all human beings and should conduct ourselves with the level of respect for each other that we expect in return. And if that isn't in your capability, then you do not have to participate here

id like to say something about this kinda talk around here because it bothers me to no end. why some people find it necessary to post such ugly things on here is crazy to me. sure, its the internet. you find this kinda thing everywhere.. still, if you loved the game so much that you signed up here to talk about it, id think youd have more respect for the people who made it possible. to go out of your way to insult this dedicated team for their efforts when things dont go as planned or when things werent good enough. if youre just poking fun at how long a patch takes or how glitchy the game is or whatever, i get that. but if youre just trying to insult the very people who brought us all together, please do yourself a favor & stick it right back up your ass. these people are working to make you happy. dont jump the gun as they say. they did us a soild by putting jason back out in the woods for another slaughter. yall are better than that. dont waste another day of your life being a player hater! go pick up your sticks & play a fresh new round of jason voorhees action, & when ya get the 2 seater stuck in a tree send me a picture.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

This is a perfect example of something that would require a guest spot and specific focus for an episode. I would not want to detail that without a member of the production team on air with me, as we would need the level of expertise that can only come from one in that specified department.

I would look forward to this if it ever becomes an option. I know there are others who feel the same. No pressure.

@glowing ooze, you meant well to defend the developers and all, but telling the "player haters" to "shove it up their ass" isn't doing any of us any favors. Let's try not to add fuel to the fire.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I would look forward to this if it ever becomes an option. I know there are others who feel the same. No pressure.

@glowing ooze, you meant well to defend the developers and all, but telling the "player haters" to "shove it up their ass" isn't doing any of us any favors. Let's try not to add fuel to the fire.

ya know, youre totaly right! 😅

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 4:09 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

I agree completely that authenticity is necessary when it comes to the iconic character and core design the developers are after with this game....

My Question actually falls in line with making the game more authentic to Jason and specifically each different version of him......counselors hear different chase theme music based on which Jason is stalking after them......wouldn’t it be more authentic for those specific Jason’s to hear the same chase theme that was made for them specifically instead of the basic Jason chase theme that all the Jason’s hear now?

Ps thank you for taking the time to answer these questions.

I must have misread your post. That's a good question, and something I'll ask of the team. But considering where it is in priority I would not want to make any promises.