Sign in to follow this  
U_r_rexdale

Vanessa - god mode

She is the best by far. Every other character (aside from Tommy) are second rate in comparison.

Nerves of steel

Marathon

A wild card on the third perk. You can choose whatever you want. I have been using speed demon lately so that I get the negative speed on repairing stuff. It makes a world of difference and I can repair stuff all by myself.

Run away from Jason? Check

Repair and call the cops? Check

Troll Jason and tee bag him when he is knocked down? Check check check

You aren't saying anything that people don't already know.

She's meta and she's boring.

Changing the meta is desperately needed, because the game is stale as all hell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

NOT OP 

Smart Jason’s- See loud Vanessa sound pings from far away, stalk, morph, try to sneak in and get her in stalk. Not as op as people think she is

and she’s only an effective repairer if the person playing is good at skill checks. Most of them miss and that call to the cops won’t happen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes, Vanessa is boring.  Like @tyrant666 said, the developers need to tweak some things to disrupt the meta.  If stealth were more useful, and having poor stealth were more harmful, then Vanessa would lose some of her OP-ness.

A lobby full of Vanessas, played by competent counselor players, is Jason's nightmare.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Yes, Vanessa is boring.  Like @tyrant666 said, the developers need to tweak some things to disrupt the meta.  If stealth were more useful, and having poor stealth were more harmful, then Vanessa would lose some of her OP-ness.

A lobby full of Vanessas, played by competent counselor players, is Jason's nightmare.

Yep

If you're playing in a lobby with a couple smart Vanessas with a pocket knife or two. No amount of sneaky Stalking will get you a W. They'll sit in cabins all day long. You can break down all the doors and destroy all the windows. Your only chance is a lucky shift grab/shift slash to limp with no extra spray. If they are carrying a couple knives. They'll get a timeout win if the kill option and the cops are off the table.

Running Jasons will wear them down a bit more, but without knives. Its unlikely you'll kill them. You can say save them for Vanessa/faster characters but if you're in a lobby full of them? Good luck with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guys come on seriously quit acting like Jason has no chance against a lobby full of them. I’ve went against several full lobbies of skilled teams with Vanessa and killed em all many times. Was hard yes but impossible? No

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Guys come on seriously quit acting like Jason has no chance against a lobby full of them. I’ve went against several full lobbies of skilled teams with Vanessa and killed em all many times. Was hard yes but impossible? No

Impossible?  No.  Fun?  Also, no.  It's one thing to be challenged as Jason.  It's another to feel totally impotent.  While playing as a monstrous, unholy killing machine.  Against a group of teenage girls.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Impossible?  No.  Fun?  Also, no.  It's one thing to be challenged as Jason.  It's another to feel totally impotent.  While playing as a monstrous, unholy killing machine.  Against a group of teenage girls.

Ik what u mean. Going against experienced lobby full of Vanessa’s is a big PITA for sure. I definitely wouldn’t classify it impotent, more so a hard challenge. You just gotta go into the game with a kick ass attitude and do your best. If you go in thinking you’re impotent then you’re surely going to play according. 

Most of em will just come fight and try to troll and get nothing done anyway. Gather tons of throwing knives, run them low on resources, and eventually you’ll dwindle them down and kill them. 

Also most likely they’ll try killing you..... so stalking in shack is necessary. 

And I was extremely lucky tommy wasn’t there atm

Positivity my friends :)

14 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Nobody could've said it better.

Edit: Wait we have the OP Rage , there is nothing to stop our Dog Jason from killing.

• Like 2

Its obvious outside of one change every six months or so. The game isn't going to get much in the way of meta changes.

What we've actually had that's actually been acknowledged.

- Item Location on Map (Counselor)

- 'Speed' Buff (Jason)

- Two More Knives (Jason)

- Not so well thought out rage buff (Jason)

As you can see. Counselor side has been woefully neglected and Jasons side has either been hindered by game breaking bugs or token changes.

We've all said many times over in many ways the game could be changed on both sides.

Right now, its paper thin.

The meta before the rage buff was Chad.

People think a lobby full of Vanessa's is bad now, they obviously weren't around for pre-rage buff full on Battle Chad lobbies. 

Same repair as Vanessa for when they decided to actually fix things but the main goal was to troll Jason all match long and there was next to nothing Jason could do about it. 

Break down a door?  Stunned.  Turn a blind corner not in block?  Stunned.  Grab a knife?  Stunned.  Swing at a Chad?  Stunned.  Grab a Chad?  Stunned by a different Chad.  Hit a trap?  Stunned after the animation.  Break a window?  Stunned.  

Pre-Rage Buff Battle Chad >>>>>>>>>>>>>  Vanessa 

Vanessa is not the best by far. She is the best at what she does. The best counselor is dependent on your play style and goals. I play Vanessa if I just feel like screwing around. If you think Vanessa is a nightmare, me as Deborah or A.J. will have you tearing your hair out. I guarantee I'll get something fixed with them.

If Vanessa’s wasn’t a good counsellor you would not see lobbies filled with Vanessa’s.

A vast majority of people will pick the easiest and most accessible character.

same goes for Jason. Which is why we see so many part 3 and 8

This is common in all multiplayer games.

doesn't matter if you do well with Lachapa or Jenny. They are considered bad by a large majority of players.

I do think Vanessa needs a slight nerf, or buff stealth counsellors and nerf -sense Jason’s. Even better do all three.

Some sort of meta will always form, and shift, that’s common in all games, but this game and developers seem to take months to even address simple balance and quality of life adjustments.

• Thanks 2

I bounce back and forth between her and La chop , its getting very boring , half the Jason's don't respond to any alarms so ill use Vanessa and just hope to land a set of keys . As far as Jason and chasing them if you get a GOOD TEAM of 4 or 5 with Medic and thick skin they will just negate any and all your traps , i do it now as a run of the mill counselor. She is tuff . Like the Chad killing teams prior rage .

alls ya gotta do if ya cant catch her in a chase is out smart her with that big jason brain of yours. when she knows youre after her she can be slick, so catch her up in some stalk action.

also that window bouncing comes to an end when ya throwing knife her mid climb back into the cabin & hack her pocket knife ass up!

besides..

she aint got NOTHIN' on fox 🤓

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

It is not as difficult to catch good Vanessa's (or any other 'runner') as people think it is. If I'm down to one counselor and it looks like she's going to cabin-hop until time runs out, before I even start chasing her, I take a look at the map and go destroy every door in every cabin that's anywhere near us. Not "both main doors", not "Both main doors and one of the hallway doors", EVERY SINGLE DOOR... bathroom door included. The entire strategy of most 'cabin hoppers' is based on slowing Jason down enough to recharge stamina and run to the next cabin. By camping near a window with the surrounding doors locked, the counselor forces Jason to reveal his location if he want's to try and attack them.

Destroy the doors on nearby cabins, THEN start breaking into the one they're in. It makes a huge difference.

29 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

It is not as difficult to catch good Vanessa's (or any other 'runner') as people think it is. If I'm down to one counselor and it looks like she's going to cabin-hop until time runs out, before I even start chasing her, I take a look at the map and go destroy every door in every cabin that's anywhere near us. Not "both main doors", not "Both main doors and one of the hallway doors", EVERY SINGLE DOOR... bathroom door included. The entire strategy of most 'cabin hoppers' is based on slowing Jason down enough to recharge stamina and run to the next cabin. By camping near a window with the surrounding doors locked, the counselor forces Jason to reveal his location if he want's to try and attack them.

Destroy the doors on nearby cabins, THEN start breaking into the one they're in. It makes a huge difference.

Bang on. As a person who mostly plays Vanessa, this strategy works great at wearing me down faster.

Catching any counselor one on one with rage mode is a joke , like i stated before when you get 4 or 5 to start the game with perks and they are using the game objectives to escape they render your traps to simply notifying you but that doesn't last when they are working both cars and a phone and possible Tommy box . Any good Jason knows when its one and one destroy doors and windows as she cant hide because of ping . I'm strictly referring to teams that actually play together she is by far the best to use . 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bryanp3692 said:

Catching any counselor one on one with rage mode is a joke , like i stated before when you get 4 or 5 to start the game with perks and they are using the game objectives to escape they render your traps to simply notifying you but that doesn't last when they are working both cars and a phone and possible Tommy box . Any good Jason knows when its one and one destroy doors and windows as she cant hide because of ping . I'm strictly referring to teams that actually play together she is by far the best to use . 

Teamwork will make every counselor more viable. A lobby full of Vanessa's is more annoying than a threat. A couple of Vanessa's make a solid addition to a team but they're not that big of a deal. Try a lobby full of Deborah's, A.J.'s, and LaChappa's. Everything will be fixed so fast you'll be begging to see a Vanessa. 

6 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Teamwork will make every counselor more viable. A lobby full of Vanessa's is more annoying than a threat. A couple of Vanessa's make a solid addition to a team but they're not that big of a deal. Try a lobby full of Deborah's, A.J.'s, and LaChappa's. Everything will be fixed so fast you'll be begging to see a Vanessa. 

I’ve had lobbies like that.... it doesn’t end well for counselors lol.

LOL,   so everybody is great at every counselor they use . Lets just end the argument.  A team of Lachappas lol . I main Lachappas , you have to be kidding me .   

• Thanks 1

In the end, it's not the counselor that makes the difference, it's the player in control of the counselor.

21 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Very sound advice right here.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, woundcowboy said:

I’ve had lobbies like that.... it doesn’t end well for counselors lol.

Oops quoted the wrong person! Sorry about that.

My speed demon is -12.

9 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I have Speed Demon with -10% Repair speed(makes it easier). Anyone seen any bigger negative to it?

I rolled an epic +25%   -15% on PS4 but sold it once I got a legendary one with +22   -5   +3 %.