Which is the best option regarding Jason's mask?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best option regarding Jason's mask?

• Raise the HP value of Jason's mask. (His mask isn't made of paper)
    • Lower the damage inflicted upon the mask by counselors. (Counselors shouldn't have Jason-like strength)
    • Raise the mask HP and lower counselor damage output. (A little of column A and a little of column B)
    • Leave it as it is. (It's perfectly fine)

This is an issue that a lot of people feel strongly about. Where do you fit in the grand scheme of this?

@mattshotcha, perhaps you and the team could use this information in your balancing efforts in the future.

• Like 2

Lets allow counselors to deal more damage and be stronger then jason. And make 1 hit de masks a thing. 

-The devs 

F13 Forum Community- 

d63edd9af879f866baea5e3c5b506959.jpg

• Like 1

While not the only thing needing addressed raising mask hp seems the best course. It should be the simplest to implement. Tweaking all the counselor weapons would be a bigger undertaking. Also who knows what might go wrong.

41 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

While not the only thing needing addressed raising mask hp seems the best course. It should be the simplest to implement. Tweaking all the counselor weapons would be a bigger undertaking. Also who knows what might go wrong.

I agree that the mask is one of many things that needs to be looked at.

Even changes to the mask could lead to something going wrong. We'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I agree that the mask is one of many things that needs to be looked at.

Even changes to the mask could lead to something going wrong. We'll have to wait and see.

It could. But I think you have less chance of it with only changing a single thing.

1 minute ago, thrawn3054 said:

It could. But I think you have less chance of it with only changing a single thing.

In theory, I'd agree. But we know with this game, changing even one thing can lead unfortunate side effects.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

In theory, I'd agree. But we know with this game, changing even one thing can lead unfortunate side effects.

Of course. But if you are changing ten things, the odds will be higher then one thing.

I hope they can fix blocking. I’d say raise the damage reduced when blocking by a lot & then have weapons break faster when blocking as well. I can deal with the one hit demasks counselors if they can do this simple thing. Also, give Jason damage resistance when coming out of a stun for like 3 seconds.

2 minutes ago, Seraphic King said:

I hope they can fix blocking. I’d say raise the damage reduced when blocking by a lot & then have weapons break faster when blocking as well. I can deal with the one hit demasks counselors if they can do this simple thing. Also, give Jason damage resistance when coming out of a stun for like 3 seconds.

I know a lot of people claim Jason HAS damage immunity right when coming out of a stun, but that's motherfucking bullshit. If he had actual invincibility frames, demasking him with heavy attacks as soon as a stun ends wouldn't be possible, and yet it not only is, it's easy to do.

Yea the whole  being able to knock the mask off within 1min is fucking mind blowing. Like I’m trying to picture them sitting down discussing how much damage needs to be done for the mask to come off and it’s just so hard to believe that they turned what should have been the hardest and greatest achievements in the game into the easiest. If it was me that  made that Decision, I’d make almost near impossible to kill Jason just on how much I love him alone. It’s be something that had  to be planned on and worked for a big portion of the match. Not like now where you could drop what you’re doing because his mask came off and 3 minutes later he’s dead. I seriously want Matt to answer why   

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I know a lot of people claim Jason HAS damage immunity right when coming out of a stun, but that's motherfucking bullshit. If he had actual invincibility frames, demasking him with heavy attacks as soon as a stun ends wouldn't be possible, and yet it not only is, it's easy to do.

People who say that never faced any tryhard kill squads. Not only that, why is the machete so durable? Like I was just in a match and I kept blocking machete hits from Tommy and it wouldn’t break like wtf

The day that gets changed, drinks are on me.

1 hour ago, NickersLarge said:

Yea the whole  being able to knock the mask off within 1min is fucking mind blowing. Like I’m trying to picture them sitting down discussing how much damage needs to be done for the mask to come off and it’s just so hard to believe that they turned what should have been the hardest and greatest achievements in the game into the easiest. If it was me that  made that Decision, I’d make almost near impossible to kill Jason just on how much I love him alone. It’s be something that had  to be planned on and worked for a big portion of the match. Not like now where you could drop what you’re doing because his mask came off and 3 minutes later he’s dead. I seriously want Matt to answer why 

I don't think that was an intentional decision. Like so many things that have gone wrong with this game, it could have been an oversight in coding.

I will be glad when it is changed at some point.

1 hour ago, Seraphic King said:

People who say that never faced any tryhard kill squads. Not only that, why is the machete so durable? Like I was just in a match and I kept blocking machete hits from Tommy and it wouldn’t break like wtf

Perhaps it is Tommy's lucky machete.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

The last time I got killed as Jason, i intercepted Sweater-Girl just as she grabbed the sweater and body-blocked her inside the inner room. She didn't attack, though she did try and bait me into Shifting or approaching so she'd have room to escape. It never happened, and we kinda had a 5+ minute stalemate. During that time, other counselors fucked up every skill check possible in an attempt to get me to respond (which never happened... nice try assholes, but not even the stupidest Jason in the world is going to believe that failing the phone skill-check 50+ times in a row is anything other than a poor attempt at baiting him). When they finally realized it wasn't going to work, two of them got the boat fixed and escaped so Tommy would spawn in. Once he did, they all came to the shack and started swarming. I blocked literally every single attack (minus the shotgun) and took no damage whatsoever before they showed up. yet despite that, it only took about one minute or so for the mask to break, and we all know what happened then. 

I believe that Jason's block should negate either all damage, or at least 80-90% of it. Yeah, you can still demask him even if blocking, but at least that way it'd take a hell of a lot longer to do so. Demasking a blocking Jason should require a shitload of broken weapons even if the whole lobby is in on it. Lately, I've noticed a trend where trying to kill Jason is almost the default escape choice for counselors. Instead of scrambling for parts, they'll scatter, find machetes/axes, group up, and go find Jason (which, in fairness, I've done that too, but rarely. I don't start the game having already decided to kill Jason, but I will if the opportunity comes up).

34 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

The last time I got killed as Jason, i intercepted Sweater-Girl just as she grabbed the sweater and body-blocked her inside the inner room. She didn't attack, though she did try and bait me into Shifting or approaching so she'd have room to escape. It never happened, and we kinda had a 5+ minute stalemate. During that time, other counselors fucked up every skill check possible in an attempt to get me to respond (which never happened... nice try assholes, but not even the stupidest Jason in the world is going to believe that failing the phone skill-check 50+ times in a row is anything other than a poor attempt at baiting him). When they finally realized it wasn't going to work, two of them got the boat fixed and escaped so Tommy would spawn in. Once he did, they all came to the shack and started swarming. I blocked literally every single attack (minus the shotgun) and took no damage whatsoever before they showed up. yet despite that, it only took about one minute or so for the mask to break, and we all know what happened then. 

I believe that Jason's block should negate either all damage, or at least 80-90% of it. Yeah, you can still demask him even if blocking, but at least that way it'd take a hell of a lot longer to do so. Demasking a blocking Jason should require a shitload of broken weapons even if the whole lobby is in on it. Lately, I've noticed a trend where trying to kill Jason is almost the default escape choice for counselors. Instead of scrambling for parts, they'll scatter, find machetes/axes, group up, and go find Jason (which, in fairness, I've done that too, but rarely. I don't start the game having already decided to kill Jason, but I will if the opportunity comes up).

See this is why I don’t trap the shack until I hear the notification then I’ll try and beat them before they can get out and I’ll trap it and then try limping them with knives or come up and slash them and if they make it past me they run into my trap. Then from there all I gotta do is slash em down

Raise HP, lower counselor damage

AND

Give Jason the ability to put his mask back on.  If someone doesn't pick it up, he can just grab it.  If someone does and he kills them he gets it back.  Allow Jason the ability to regain half of his HP in this process. 

14 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I believe he has stun immunity. But can still take damage. 

@Seraphic King it's because of Tommy having 10 luck. A Buggzy would get 2 to 3 hits at most.

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

Raise HP, lower counselor damage

AND

Give Jason the ability to put his mask back on.  If someone doesn't pick it up, he can just grab it.  If someone does and he kills them he gets it back.  Allow Jason the ability to regain half of his HP in this process. 

A second chance, I like it.

• Like 1

I mentioned in a another thread (bending the double post rule) raising mask durability really would only delay the inevitable.instead of 1-2 hits from Buggzy with perks it would take 4--5? It would have to be a very significant  increase  or they could make it to where he can't be unmasked until he hits rage but that is probably a bit OP.  He can be free hit coming out of any animation if timed correctly and some people are masters at it. That needs to be addressed. Give him at least time to do something coming out of a pocket knife to the neck or any animation as tyrant666 suggests god frames.

6 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

See this is why I don’t trap the shack until I hear the notification then I’ll try and beat them before they can get out and I’ll trap it and then try limping them with knives or come up and slash them and if they make it past me they run into my trap. Then from there all I gotta do is slash em down

If your Morph is offline when that happens, they're getting away with the sweater... period. If your mask is already off, and SG happens to have it, you won't even get the warning from Pamela, meaning that unless you camp your shack for the rest of the round, you could very possibly chase a counselor into a cabin and run right into Tommy and SG. If you trap your shack beforehand, you will at least know when someone's fucking around with Pamela (even if they PK disarm it, you'll still be able to see it's been disarmed, which is better than nothing). 

If your Morph is offline when that happens, they're getting away with the sweater... period. If your mask is already off, and SG happens to have it, you won't even get the warning from Pamela, meaning that unless you camp your shack for the rest of the round, you could very possibly chase a counselor into a cabin and run right into Tommy and SG. If you trap your shack beforehand, you will at least know when someone's fucking around with Pamela (even if they PK disarm it, you'll still be able to see it's been disarmed, which is better than nothing). 

I usually try not using my morph unless it’s for an alarm. So I will typically have it. Often enough I’ve been able to trap in sweater girl and was able to block her in there with no escape 😁

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I usually try not using my morph unless it’s for an alarm. So I will typically have it. Often enough I’ve been able to trap in sweater girl and was able to block her in there with no escape 😁

Until Tommy shoots you and she runs past you. Though I've heard if you turn sideways instead of facing either of the rooms, it's harder to get past because there's nowhere for you to fall.

10 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Until Tommy shoots you and she runs past you. Though I've heard if you turn sideways instead of facing either of the rooms, it's harder to get past because there's nowhere for you to fall.

Not if SG goes there alone tho 😁

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Not if SG goes there alone tho 😁

All the more reason to trap the shack. She may just heal up and steal the sweater anyway, or she might PK disarm it and steal the sweater anyway, true... but the point I can't seem to get some of you to realize (not naming names, just in general) is that anything and everything than can be done to sap counselor resources is a benefit to Jason. Whether its a lost PK, med spray, or even just an already-injured counselor that takes one for the team, it still benefits Jason. Do you have any idea how many times I've had a wannabe sweater-girl step in a shack trap and her still be in it when I teleport over? Most of the time, if they're alone, they're fucked. I won't come right over and grab them, I'll stand just out of melee range and go into combat-stance blocking, approach, light-attack, then back to blocking. If she pulls out a med spray I'll R2 or TK her. I don't go full on slash-happy because she can still hit you as you're hitting her, stun you, heal, grab sweater. and run. I won't grab her either because I know when I do shes going to PK me, heal, grab sweater, and run.

Keep some distance, stay in block, and don't grab no matter how tempting it is because if you get PK'ed or stunned, she's probably getting away.

If you ask me its simple Jason is overpowered as it is.

Jasons mask needs to stay the way it is.

If Jasons mask becomes tougher to knock off or remove then the counselors need a buffing up to balance things out.

Example axes and Machetes need to endure more hits without breaking.

Adding a more machetes and axes around the camp ground and cabins is needed if Jasons mask is tougher to remove.

adding an extra axe and machete in Jasons shack is needed if Jasons mask gets tougher to remove.

We need to think about balance in the game.

killing Jason is part of the game. no matter how rare and difficult people want it to be.