Sign in to follow this  
Daddy

List of fixes coming in the first Switch patch

@mattshotcha,

I just watched the latest episode of Beyond, and I know a new patch is getting sent to Nintendo next week (sometime). I also understand that you guys can't give a timeframe as to when we will see it, since this new (working with Nintendo) for you guys as well. I'm just wondering what things we can expect in that patch? I know you mentioned the thumbsticks, but what else? A list of things would be great.

I'm a new player thanks to the Switch release, but have been lurking on here since day 1. We really (my whole family) really enjoy the game, thanks for bringinbrit to Switch.

4 minutes ago, Daddy said:

@mattshotcha,

I just watched the latest episode of Beyond, and I know a new patch is getting sent to Nintendo next week (sometime). I also understand that you guys can't give a timeframe as to when we will see it, since this new (working with Nintendo) for you guys as well. I'm just wondering what things we can expect in that patch? I know you mentioned the thumbsticks, but what else? A list of things would be great.

I'm a new player thanks to the Switch release, but have been lurking on here since day 1. We really (my whole family) really enjoy the game, thanks for bringinbrit to Switch.

Hey! We will post complete patch notes here once we have a date for it to go live to users.

BUT! I know we have the thumbstick tuning in there, a fix for reconnection to lobbies (it was not allowing players to connect after a kick), the emote removal, and a server connection issue in the US.

• Like 1

@mattshotcha,

Thanks SO much for the quick reply. im glad the emotes are getting addressed right away, as with the players getting kicked out of the lobby (my wife and I like to play together, and this is frustrating).

On a different note, I've heard the Jason on the Switch isn't as buff as on the other platforms. Is this true? If so, can we expect a Switch buff? I'm already seeing people bully Jason. Which breaks the match imo.

38 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

and a server connection issue in the US.

Hoping this fix isn't just catered to Switch users. The PS4 playerbase is in urgent need of a server connection remedy as well.

5 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

Hoping this fix isn't just catered to Switch users. The PS4 playerbase is in urgent need of a server connection remedy as well.

I posted a separate update about that. As the two issues are unrelated we’re keeping the Switch patch unique to Switch and the server work for the other three platforms unique to them.

So we’ll be looking to sync up our patch cycles to be all four platforms at a later date.

EDIT: On my mobile so I had to grab the link. 

Server Issues - Status http://forum.f13game.com/topic/27091-recent-server-issues-status/

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

I posted a separate update about that. As the two issues are unrelated we’re keeping the Switch patch unique to Switch and the server work for the other three platforms unique to them.

So we’ll be looking to sync up our patch cycles to be all four platforms at a later date.

EDIT: On my mobile so I had to grab the link. 

Server Issues - Status http://forum.f13game.com/topic/27091-recent-server-issues-status/

Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen the update yet. Good to know this is being worked on.

3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Hey! We will post complete patch notes here once we have a date for it to go live to users.

BUT! I know we have the thumbstick tuning in there, a fix for reconnection to lobbies (it was not allowing players to connect after a kick), the emote removal, and a server connection issue in the US.

Holy cheese. That is awesome news. Thanks so much Matt. I wasn't sure that was even on the radar to get fixed since it sounded like it was meant to be that way on the Switch. Can't wait for it. I posted about it in the Suggestions/Feedback subforum and had no replies and only like 6 views after a few days. Glad it wasn't overlooked.

That is, if the thumbstick tuning is even what I think it is. Maybe it's something different. 😅

12 hours ago, dsprockeee1 said:

Holy cheese. That is awesome news. Thanks so much Matt. I wasn't sure that was even on the radar to get fixed since it sounded like it was meant to be that way on the Switch. Can't wait for it. I posted about it in the Suggestions/Feedback subforum and had no replies and only like 6 views after a few days. Glad it wasn't overlooked.

That is, if the thumbstick tuning is even what I think it is. Maybe it's something different. 😅

There is a hardware situation that leads to the dead zone behavior. That said, the team tuned around that to create a more 1:1 behavior when compared to other platforms.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

There is a hardware situation that leads to the dead zone behavior. That said, the team tuned around that to create a more 1:1 behavior when compared to other platforms.

Really looking forward to it. Thanks. Could you elaborate on your earlier post that mentions the "emote removal"? Are emotes being removed completely on the Switch?

35 minutes ago, dsprockeee1 said:

Really looking forward to it. Thanks. Could you elaborate on your earlier post that mentions the "emote removal"? Are emotes being removed completely on the Switch?

They dont save, when you change them.

39 minutes ago, dsprockeee1 said:

Emotes that could not be released due to the lawsuit made it into switch by accident... They will be removed to stay in compliance with the cease and desist that led to end of content... This has been stated elsewhere, just not sure which thread.
   They will only be removing the emotes that are not supposed to be there... due to the lawsuit. 

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

Emotes that could not be released due to the lawsuit made it into switch by accident... They will be removed to stay in compliance with the cease and desist that led to end of content... This has been stated elsewhere, just not sure which thread.
   They will only be removing the emotes that are not supposed to be there... due to the lawsuit. 

This lawsuit is insane. Never knew emotes of all things were involved in it too. Which emotes in particular are involved if you know off hand?

22 hours ago, dsprockeee1 said:

This lawsuit is insane. Never knew emotes of all things were involved in it too. Which emotes in particular are involved if you know off hand?

I am not sure, but they were not released to the other platforms before the end of content announcement, so they cannot be released without violating the agreements with the holders of the rights... and it could land them in legal trouble if they were left in.
   The lawsuit is insane... and is holding back the entire franchise, not just this game... But ANY new content is not allowed in right now because of this... That means anything that was not in the game before the cut off date... and anything includes emotes.
    It sucks, but it is what it is... No new content will be coming even if they settled the lawsuit tomorrow. It is just not going to happen now... This has been stated by the devs MANY times now. We all lost out on some stuff that would have been great additions to the game... and the devs lost out on all of the time, work and money poured into everything they were working on but could not complete in time to release before the cut off date.

• Confused 1