alexthebeast6

Friday the 13th Lawsuit

Last I heard it is in the appeal process and it could take 2-3 more years.Anyone else heard or read anything?

4 hours ago, alexthebeast6 said:

What is going on regards to the lawsuit I haven't been able to find information on it

As of right now Victor Miller The writer of Friday the 13th owns the rights to that film and all characters in the Film and the ones used only by name....Jason.....in the United States only.

This decision was made based on a terminations of copyrights law implemented in the United States that allows writers of their works to regain ownership for renegotiation purposes.

Horror INC /Sean Cunningham owns the rights to the franchise outside of the United States... including the Adult killer in a hockey mask.....

At present time Neither can go forward with a film because of said split ownership.......Victor can sue Sean because all future films based on his characters are  derivatives of his original film........

And Sean having the rights to the franchise and Adult killer in a hockey mask......Definitely doesn’t want to pay royalties to Victor Miller for the characters name.......with both being able to support the claims of ownership......

(Victor owning Jason’s name and Sean owning the rights to all of Friday the 13th’s many sequels and the look of the Adult Killer in a Hockey Mask.)

......they must both come together to make any future decisions about the franchise.......but it looks like neither party wants to do that......as talks between the two have not panned out and Sean has pushed through a full appeal to the original decision.

So with the full appeal Horror Inc continues to try to prove the idea that Victor Miller worked on the film as a work for hire and continues to press the courts to make a decision on who owns the rights to Adult Hockey Masked killer Jason Voorhees.....So that the franchise can move forward  unimpeded by lawsuits...

If Anybody can think of anything I missed add to it.......

• Like 1

Last I heard, if things go smoothly. They could cut a deal by November 25th.

If things push through. By December 1st, they will push ahead with a new film and sources inside Ubisoft have shown interest in taking over development of the game as well as resuming content, all the while offering a brand new micro-transaction system.

tumblr_o4akm4sAVc1v9sfwmo1_400.gif

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Last I heard, if things go smoothly. They could cut a deal by November 25th.

If things push through. By December 1st, they will push ahead with a new film and sources inside Ubisoft have shown interest in taking over development of the game as well as resuming content, all the while offering a brand new micro-transaction system.

tumblr_o4akm4sAVc1v9sfwmo1_400.gif

Where did you read this? 

As promising as this sounds, nothing related to this game has run smoothly.

I think you're just playing around.

2q81pty.jpg

• Haha 2

alls victor wants is a well deserved slice of the jason pie... i think sean cuntingham is the real hold up on all this but i am very bias HA

i have nothing credible to add 🤗

2 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

That was a joke, right? Please tell me that was a joke. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aurllcooljay said:

That was a joke, right? Please tell me that was a joke. 

It was definitely a joke.....

@tyrant666 micro transactions yuck.

• Haha 1

I just wish they would end this fucking garbage so they can at least get going on a new and perhaps final 13th F13 movie. 

47 minutes ago, BigJay said:

I just wish they would end this fucking garbage so they can at least get going on a new and perhaps final 13th F13 movie. 

Jason's always coming back, so a final movie may never be final.

• Like 2

If any of this happens and there is a settlement towards the end of this year, I will buy all DLC on Xbox One as I have with PS4.

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Jason's always coming back, so a final movie may never be final.

Hence The Final Chapter, The Final Friday, or The Reboots :D

1 hour ago, Nathan5226 said:

If any of this happens and there is a settlement towards the end of this year, I will buy all DLC on Xbox One as I have with PS4.

Be careful, we may hold you to that... 😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Be careful, we may hold you to that... 😎

Oh yeah, and what are you gonna do? 😏

11 hours ago, Nathan5226 said:

Oh yeah, and what are you gonna do? 😏

We'll send you to the formerly existent Salt Mines.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

We'll send you to the formerly existent Salt Mines.

😯 How could you!

Moved to off topic. 

Who knows how long the lawsuit will actually last, probably quite some time. In a perfect world though when it IS over with, they'd mass release all the content we haven't been getting.

1 hour ago, FinalBoy said:

Who knows how long the lawsuit will actually last, probably quite some time. In a perfect world though when it IS over with, they'd mass release all the content we haven't been getting.

In a perfect world, a speedy end to the lawsuit would have been great. I was looking forward to a part 7 inspired map.

• Like 1