What I wanna know is why some people still team up with Jason in F13th? Honest answers!?I do agree it's ruining the game for those who want to level up,  but it's getting out of control; making those who like the game uninstall and move on to other games. Have you gotten revenge as either counsoler or Jason and made the cheaters leave?  Lol I have made them quit!

I don't think Teaming is as Bad as it could be. I'm saying this as Someone who can Survive despite the Fact a Car and Jason is Chasing me or no Other objectives are Done. Only time I think it really sucks is if you die Early and Come back as Tommy when a Teamer has the Sweater. The Fear mechanics ensure that Jason can't Team up with someone effectively for a Long time. And a Person using the Map Teaming in Party chat can only give your general location. I never thought it Ruins your Exp gain but it actually does as you can't do as much. If you are Teaming though you gain more EXP than normal too as Jason will let you repair and escape that sorta sucks. 

9 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

I don't think Teaming is as Bad as it could be. I'm saying this as Someone who can Survive despite the Fact a Car and Jason is Chasing me or no Other objectives are Done. Only time I think it really sucks is if you die Early and Come back as Tommy when a Teamer has the Sweater. The Fear mechanics ensure that Jason can't Team up with someone effectively for a Long time. And a Person using the Map Teaming in Party chat can only give your general location. I never thought it Ruins your Exp gain but it actually does as you can't do as much. If you are Teaming though you gain more EXP than normal too as Jason will let you repair and escape that sorta sucks. 

@ExpertDual some trash bag told me on the x1 version said it adds a challenge, I'm like bitch its considered cheating. I've gotten offers from other players to team up with them, I said no and proceeded to kill them as Jason,  they rage quitted.

Yeah, I've encountered some teamers last night as well. Some guy was walking together with Jason and unlocking all the doors I locked to let Jason in. It happens most of the times when I play online matches which is THE reason why I hate playing online and prefer killing bots. They may be very predictable, but at least I have fun playing the game, which I don't have when I'm playing online. I've always said that players who party up together should NOT be Jason in online matches. Private? Fine. However, online they'll most likely team up. Or Jason kills everyone except them and you have to wait 20 minutes to gain exp. So I'm forced to leave the match which I do most of the times I see players teaming up with Jason before Jason is able to kill me.

Another example of Jason teamers: players who repair the car and drive the car to Jason to present the players to him. This only happened twice so far, but this one really pissed me off.

What I am trying to say is that online play has some serious issues which make the game not fun at all. And the worst part is that the developers haven't tried to do anything against it so far.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HowAreYa said:

Yeah, I've encountered some teamers last night as well. Some guy was walking together with Jason and unlocking all the doors I locked to let Jason in. It happens most of the times when I play online matches which is THE reason why I hate playing online and prefer killing bots. They may be very predictable, but at least I have fun playing the game, which I don't have when I'm playing online. I've always said that players who party up together should NOT be Jason in online matches. Private? Fine. However, online they'll most likely team up. Or Jason kills everyone except them and you have to wait 20 minutes to gain exp. So I'm forced to leave the match which I do most of the times I see players teaming up with Jason before Jason is able to kill me.

Another example of Jason teamers: players who repair the car and drive the car to Jason to present the players to him. This only happened twice so far, but this one really pissed me off.

What I am trying to say is that online play has some serious issues which make the game not fun at all. And the worst part is that the developers haven't tried to do anything against it so far.

yeah ive seen someone run to a repaired car with gas can in hand and start the car. proceed to drive around not letting anyone in and Jason not even bother with them. anyone Jason had trouble with, they would run over. gotta love those matches....

7 hours ago, GamingNerd93 said:

@ExpertDual some trash bag told me on the x1 version said it adds a challenge, I'm like bitch its considered cheating. I've gotten offers from other players to team up with them, I said no and proceeded to kill them as Jason,  they rage quitted.

Cheaters will always look for ridiculous excuses to defend what they are doing. 
    If a player tells me where someone else is... or what someone else is doing... the rat just made himself a priority target to me... I do not care if he was honest, or trying to make me morph away to a spot where there are no counselors at all... and if someone screws up a repair on the fuse box... or the boat... or gets a car going while I chase down the rat, then they get a free pass. But only up until I kill the rat.

7 hours ago, JustinX said:

Game is trash. Sell it.

Feel free to take your own advice if you feel the game is trash.... There are many players that find the game to be a lot of fun to play.

6 hours ago, HowAreYa said:

I've always said that players who party up together should NOT be Jason in online matches. Private? Fine.

Take away the best part of the game from legitimate players?... NO... Most negative reviews of this game somehow still speak of how much fun it is to play with friends. Take out the option for Jason to be chosen from ANYONE in a group and the player base drops by half. We have seen this before... about a year ago, the party system was broke for a while, on steam at least... and VERY few people were playing compared to when it was working, and after it was fixed.... the numbers of people playing at any given time went right back to where they were before the issue.
    Also... just a couple nights ago, steam broke the invite system and the number of players on was almost instantly halves compared to what it has been at similar times for a while now... It was fixed the next day and it was right back to recent normal numbers.

The best thing you can do is leave a match if you know people are teaming... The next best thing... make some friends in the game (or on these forums) to play with. The more people you can bring into quick play with you at any time, the less idiot trolls you will see in any given match.

6 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

yeah ive seen someone run to a repaired car with gas can in hand and start the car. proceed to drive around not letting anyone in and Jason not even bother with them. anyone Jason had trouble with, they would run over. gotta love those matches....

The parts I do love about matches like that are getting the fuse box repaired and the cops called with both of them after me... AND escaping to the cops with them both still after me... Calling Tommy while being chased to bring someone back in just to give them someone else to worry about is always helpful as well. If they also have the fuse... there is still surviving the night... Even just dragging out the chase for an extended period is still funny enough.
     But I still prefer to not stay in a lobby with teamers... But I leave it up to the group if they want to quit a match with teamers in it.

20 hours ago, GamingNerd93 said:

What I wanna know is why some people still team up with Jason in F13th? Honest answers!?I do agree it's ruining the game for those who want to level up,  but it's getting out of control; making those who like the game uninstall and move on to other games. Have you gotten revenge as either counsoler or Jason and made the cheaters leave?  Lol I have made them quit!

People team just because they can.

People team to ruin the fun of others.

People team because they think this game should be symmetrical rather than asymmetrical.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JustinX said:

Game is trash. Sell it.

Did you sell yours yet?

ill say it again, I’ve been waiting for this bitch to come out about 10 minutes after my parents gave me the nes version. I still have fun w this game. Especially when I’m in a lobby w people that grew up w the movies like me. Those are always cool as fuck lobbies

• Like 3

22 hours ago, JustinX said:

Game is trash. Sell it.

Yet here you are. Can't be that bad if you're using your time to post on our forums.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, NickersLarge said:

Did you sell yours yet?

ill say it again, I’ve been waiting for this bitch to come out about 10 minutes after my parents gave me the nes version. I still have fun w this game. Especially when I’m in a lobby w people that grew up w the movies like me. Those are always cool as fuck lobbies

Well said sir....well said. 🤛

On 8/23/2019 at 8:36 AM, JustinX said:

Game is trash. Sell it.

And yet here you are posting on a forum centered on said trash game... 

On 8/23/2019 at 9:51 AM, HowAreYa said:

I agree, it certainly sucks balls that it's still going on, but what exactly do you think the Devs should do about it? Even better, how do you define teaming? Is it when Jason arbitrarily decides to spare someone? When he stops the car and grabs someone other than the driver? What about if he's chasing someone and walks right by someone else? If two counselors are in a cabin and Jason goes slash-happy on one of them, but then Morphs away without attacking the other, is that teaming? What about if a counselor being chased leads Jason to someone else and Jason changes targets? A lot of what gets called 'teaming' isn't actually teaming, and that's the biggest reason it's so hard to prove. Unless the counselor is walking around with Jason, letting him inside cabins or pointing out where somebody is hiding or hording repair items so nobody else can escape, it's a gray area that is largely subjective.

On a happier note, you know what I do if someone is blatantly and clearly teaming (assuming I get picked as Jason while in the same lobby)? I enlist the rest of the counselors to help me get even... seriously. I PM as many as I can and tell them to hang onto any repair parts they find because I'm only interested in killing the teamers and will let everybody else go. If the offending douchebag is playing a counselor that has duplicates in the lobby, I tell them to flash their light a couple of times so I'll know it's them and won't  kill the wrong one.

And they will do it... gleefully :D  There are few things in this game more satisfying than teleporting to an objective (usually a vehicle) and hearing some whiny little shit freaking out that everyone's just standing around not fixing anything even though Jason's RIGHT THERE walking up to them. If you REALLY want to be an asshole, you can play it off as "Jason's letting everyone go because [reason]" then as soon as the car's fixed and started, grab that little motherfucker and face-stomp him for everybody's amusement. 

On 8/23/2019 at 11:19 PM, Ahab said:

Take away the best part of the game from legitimate players?... NO... Most negative reviews of this game somehow still speak of how much fun it is to play with friends. Take out the option for Jason to be chosen from ANYONE in a group and the player base drops by half. We have seen this before... about a year ago, the party system was broke for a while, on steam at least... and VERY few people were playing compared to when it was working, and after it was fixed.... the numbers of people playing at any given time went right back to where they were before the issue.
    Also... just a couple nights ago, steam broke the invite system and the number of players on was almost instantly halves compared to what it has been at similar times for a while now... It was fixed the next day and it was right back to recent normal numbers.

The best thing you can do is leave a match if you know people are teaming... The next best thing... make some friends in the game (or on these forums) to play with. The more people you can bring into quick play with you at any time, the less idiot trolls you will see in any given match.

Playing with friends is fine, but it becomes problematic when one of them gets to be Jason. Sure, some groups will play the way it's supposed to be played, but they are unfortunately very rare. So I'm not saying the devs should remove the whole party system which would result in a player base drop, but they could tweak some things up to make online play more fun. My experience is 1/10 groups play the game normally, 9/10 are teaming when one of them is Jason (most people in these groups are kids).

Finding people to play with to decrease the chance of finding idiot trolls is surely an option. Unfortunately, I live in a region where the most people play other (let's say very overrated) games. It won't fix the issue what's going on, but it seems like the only solution to play a decent online game.

1 hour ago, HowAreYa said:

Playing with friends is fine, but it becomes problematic when one of them gets to be Jason. Sure, some groups will play the way it's supposed to be played, but they are unfortunately very rare. So I'm not saying the devs should remove the whole party system which would result in a player base drop, but they could tweak some things up to make online play more fun. My experience is 1/10 groups play the game normally, 9/10 are teaming when one of them is Jason (most people in these groups are kids).

Finding people to play with to decrease the chance of finding idiot trolls is surely an option. Unfortunately, I live in a region where the most people play other (let's say very overrated) games. It won't fix the issue what's going on, but it seems like the only solution to play a decent online game.

Making friends is a large part of the game. Get in with the right group of decent players, and you won't have to worry so much about trolls.

When old friends give up on the game, make a few new friends.

• Like 2

My experience is 1/10 groups play the game normally, 9/10 are teaming when one of them is Jason (most people in these groups are kids).

My experience is the exact opposite from that... most groups I see are playing without cheating, or teaming in ANY way... and it is VERY rare that I see anyone who can legitimately be considered a 'Teamer"... But I do see them from time to time.

It took me a while to find a good number of friends to play in groups with... and even with the numbers I have to invite, it is still rare I will fill a lobby with friends, let alone keep a full lobby for long... For the most part, I have only three or four friends with me at any given time... but this greatly helps keep the numbers of idiot trolls out of my matches.
   Now and again I play alone in quick play, or with just one friend... and I see more trolls this way... a lot more trolls... This is also when I will see the players teaming up with Jason, but is almost uniformly only one player helping him, NOT large groups of players.
   Trolls that find their way into my lobby will be booted as soon as they reveal themselves... and they do make it in now and again through another player inviting them. But I boot them the moment I see shitty behavior... or at the request of another person in my lobby that has issues with someone... but if I saw nothing, I want to hear both sides before booting anyone. Everyone is welcome in my lobby, as long as they don't hack, or cheat (like trying to team with Jason for instance)… and also on the condition that they can get along with others in the lobby... and I do not think that is too much to ask for. 

4 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

When old friends give up on the game, make a few new friends.

I have a lot of friends that don't play any more, and many that only play on rare occasions... and less than a dozen that play on a regular basis without being invited into the game first... But I still find new friends from time to time... sometimes in quick play, and sometimes through other friends.
   Playing this game with friends is what keeps it fun to play amid the cesspool of trolls that we call quick play... Without so many friends to play the game with, I might have put it down long ago.

• Confused 1