How do you feel about the graphics in this game?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the graphics in this game?

• Fine by me.
    • They're ok, but could be better.
    • I'm neutral.
    • They're a bit annoying.
    • They ruin the game for me!

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I don't expect this to change anything, but have at it people.

I thought they did a damned good job on the graphics... and the attention to detail is pretty damned good too.
   It is not photo realistic and could have been done better... but I think even photorealistic CGI effects can always be done better. It never takes me long to find the flaws in even the best CGI in movies... which is not hard when you know what to look for. No CGI effects yet produced have aged well... But certain games do age well... and almost two years of playing, I still think the graphics are VERY well done in this game.

• Like 1

I never really cared about graphics when playing a video game. When I play a game with good graphics, cool! It's whatever. To me what matters most is how fun/enjoyable a game is. Not how it looks visually. But that's just me. 

16 minutes ago, BigJay said:

I never really cared about graphics when playing a video game. When I play a game with good graphics, cool! It's whatever. To me what matters most is how fun/enjoyable a game is. Not how it looks visually. But that's just me. 

I think fun trumps graphics in most cases.

• Like 2

The graphics perfectly capture the look and feel of The Friday the 13th franchise and 80’s Horror films which is what the developers were going for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The graphics perfectly capture the look and feel of The Friday the 13th franchise and 80’s Horror films which is what the developers were going for.

They nailed it.

• Like 3

Biggest gripe for me is that the game should have 4k HDR support and run @ 60 fps on PS4 pro and XBOX ONE X.

• Like 1

Pro and ONE X should have some form of increased performance. But can't code for shit so.

I remember when I heard of the game first coming out I was pretty amazed at the way they were doing things. When I watched gameplays my first thoughts were how good the graphics were.

I first played the game in October of 2017 when I bought it off Steam for my laptop. Little did I know that the game wouldn’t run smoothly on my laptop…at all. It was horrible. It wasn’t a gaming PC so that was the main reason why it didn’t run well. The lightening strikes were delayed after the sound of the thunder, as a result it was really hard to see when outside. Even though I did survive many times, it was just flat out hard to play due to it being so slow and had lots of brief freezing time periods. I’d be running one second, then it would stutter for a few moments, then a few seconds later when it came back,  I was about to get killed. Really took away from the goodness of the game.

A few months ago luckily I got an Xbox One and purchased the game (the Ultimate Slasher Edition), and of course it runs really good on there. Sometimes there are connection issues, but that’s rare, and that happens to everybody. 

Anyway, I think the graphics are really good, and like people said above, they really captured the 80s feel like the movies. And for that, that just makes the game even better. 

• Thanks 1

Despite the bugs within the game, I think the graphics are appealing to the majority.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2019 at 8:40 PM, Fair Play said:

Despite the bugs within the game, I think the graphics are appealing to the majority.

@SlashNCast did an interview with Tom Mcloughlin recently in which he praised the gory kills that this game got away with... and said they would never have been allowed to do such graphic kills in a movie... I think he had a good point there... If the graphics in this game were more realistic... it would have been toned down quite a bit.
    The interview went up on youtube on August 17th…. It was worth a watch for F13 fans.

• Like 1