Sign in to follow this  
The Rain

Shift techniques that cannot be done on PC

Hi, I don't know if they know that there are many techniques that I can do in ps4 with respect to Shift but in PC I can't do them.

Why is the reason?

There is a lot of difference in handling even if you use Joystick

for example on ps4 I can look forward to moving to the sides and stay in place straight.
On pc I would go where I am looking.

I would like you to investigate this @mattshotcha

I play with xbox360 controller on PC. If I hold down RB after activating shift you can have full control on which every way you shift. People that use this are really really good at shifting inside cabins/houses and getting you where ever you may be hiding out. I have never mastered it or use it in QP as i think it gives too much adv. to jason, but its in the game(not sure if its supposed to be, so may be thought of as an exploit)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Rain said:

for example on ps4 I can look forward to moving to the sides and stay in place straight.
On pc I would go where I am looking.

I would like you to investigate this @mattshotcha

This just depends on the controller you are using. I did not know a joystick would work with this game though. Try remapping the controls to "look" to the pov hat and you should be fine.

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I play with xbox360 controller on PC. If I hold down RB after activating shift you can have full control on which every way you shift. People that use this are really really good at shifting inside cabins/houses and getting you where ever you may be hiding out. I have never mastered it or use it in QP as i think it gives too much adv. to jason, but its in the game(not sure if its supposed to be, so may be thought of as an exploit)

I can tell who is using a controller compared to mouse and keyboard just by spectating them for a while... Players using controllers can look around too easily and often run into things when not watching where they are going.... They also take that bit of extra time to make a turn around, but with a mouse, you can turn on a dime. I think different types of controllers give certain advantages over each other... but nothing game breaking or anything like that.
    Even though I miss a shift grab now and again... I missed quite a few last night... I would not want more of an advantage with it than I already have with it.

13 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I can tell who is using a controller compared to mouse and keyboard just by spectating them for a while... Players using controllers can look around too easily and often run into things when not watching where they are going.... They also take that bit of extra time to make a turn around, but with a mouse, you can turn on a dime. I think different types of controllers give certain advantages over each other... but nothing game breaking or anything like that.
    Even though I miss a shift grab now and again... I missed quite a few last night... I would not want more of an advantage with it than I already have with it.

Same, and yeah i run into shit all the time. Also accidentally go into combat stance when i try to make a quick turn at times or start jogging when i turn sprint and am an easy grab(this happened to me twice last night).. lol 

11 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I also use joystick 360. Can you go back and look forward in that way for example?

10 minutes ago, Ahab said:

This just depends on the controller you are using. I did not know a joystick would work with this game though. Try remapping the controls to "look" to the pov hat and you should be fine.

use the X box 360, I'm going to check if I can do it with keyboard and mouse and obviously with joystick. I appreciate your response

6 minutes ago, The Rain said:

I also use joystick 360. Can you go back and look forward in that way for example?

Im not sure exactly. I played with it awhile back in offline match. I know you can hold shift in place by holding back on the left  joystick and holding down RB. also can shift back and forth instead of just straight by holding RB and directing left joystick left or right. Can also shift turn on a dime by using left and right joysticks at same time while holding RB. Shift length is still the same though so it doesnt help with getting someone that is far away. Just gives more precision getting around objects/in and out of doors etc. There is also a weird shift that happens if you activate shift right after aiming a throwing knife..

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Im not sure exactly. I played with it awhile back in offline match. I know you can hold shift in place by holding back on the left  joystick and holding down RB. also can shift back and forth instead of just straight by holding RB and directing left joystick left or right. Can also shift turn on a dime by using left and right joysticks at same time while holding RB. Shift length is still the same though so it doesnt help with getting someone that is far away. Just gives more precision getting around objects/in and out of doors etc. There is also a weird shift that happens if you activate shift right after aiming a throwing knife..

Thanks man today I will try. Do you play with the keyboard and mouse? shift can be held in place? How would it be with keyboard and mouse? .
I look like a bot with keyboard and mouse haha

5 minutes ago, The Rain said:

Thanks man today I will try. Do you play with the keyboard and mouse? shift can be held in place? How would it be with keyboard and mouse? .
I look like a bot with keyboard and mouse haha

Same. I grew up a console gamer. Never been able to adapt to keyboard/mouse play. Controller is just natural to me.

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Same, and yeah i run into shit all the time. Also accidentally go into combat stance when i try to make a quick turn at times or start jogging when i turn sprint and am an easy grab(this happened to me twice last night).. lol 

I accidently exited the car when trying to look behind me twice last night. It got me killed once... "E" is right next to "R"... "E" exits the car and "R" gives you the view for reverse if you are not driving in reverse.
   Hitting the wrong button by accident has gotten me killed many times... but looking away from the screen to make sure you don't hit the wrong key can get me killed more often than that. Damned double edged swords.

2 hours ago, The Rain said:

use the X box 360, I'm going to check if I can do it with keyboard and mouse and obviously with joystick. I appreciate your response

Sometimes it is best to stick with the controller that you are used to... Switching to mouse and keyboard from controller or controller to mouse and keyboard can hurt your gameplay until you get used to it... which can take some time. But play with whatever you are comfortable playing with. I was just never a fan of controllers.

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Can also shift turn on a dime by using left and right joysticks at same time while holding RB.

You can turn around pretty quick with a mouse in shift, but turning at speed still takes a bit away from your range... and I use that -Shift thingy... so I have to watch it with that.
   Turning in shift is VERY touchy with the mouse if you need to do a 180 degree turn and I often overcompensate with that one... Just a couple of degrees off on your turn at speed like that throws you off enough that the shortened range can screw you over with -Shift... With lesser range, the more direct a route you can take with shift is best.
    @The Rain I did not know you could shift in place with a controller... To do this on mouse and keyboard you have to shift against an object, such as a table, wall or a rock. Unless there is a way to do it that I have never heard of.

My friend said he thinks Jason is a God on PC VS Console Play. One reason he said is that aiming Shift is Easier with a Keyboard and Mouse. He also said Vanessa being able to move with WASD is just way better for Footsies since Stick has a bigger Delay over 2 Button presses. Throwing Knives are Also way easier to hit he said since the Framerate is higher you don't miss as much and you can get better at aiming. You don't have to rely on alot of Console Techniques Playing as Jason on PC. 

17 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I have never mastered it or use it in QP as i think it gives too much adv. to jason, 

17 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Sorry guys I don’t want to sound fucked up but are fuckin serious???

You choose not to use the side shift because you don’t want too much of advantage than you already have?? Again all due respect, that’s just stupid. Here’s what too much of an advantage is to me, 3-4 hits and your mask is off, then Y, R2, A Andy you’re dead.  

1 hour ago, NickersLarge said:

Sorry guys I don’t want to sound fucked up but are fuckin serious???

You choose not to use the side shift because you don’t want too much of advantage than you already have?? Again all due respect, that’s just stupid. Here’s what too much of an advantage is to me, 3-4 hits and your mask is off, then Y, R2, A Andy you’re dead.  

Some think its an exploit and not supposed to be in the game. I just like the game to be fun. I get 7of7 or 8of8 probably 95% of the time im Jason without using the strafe shift, so yes, i would feel bad using it. lol But I dont knock anyone that does use it. I prefer to face the hardest version of Jason I can in this game. If it helps them catch me better then so be it, but still need good luck trying! haha

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Some think its an exploit and not supposed to be in the game. I just like the game to be fun. I get 7of7 or 8of8 probably 95% of the time im Jason without using the stife shift, so yes, i would feel bad using it. lol But I dont knock anyone that does use it. I prefer to face the hardest version of Jason I can in this game. If it helps them catch me better then so be it, but still need good luck trying! haha

That’s interesting that it might not be apart  of the intended gameplay. It would be cool to find out about this and the anime cancellations from Matt and what he thinks about it. I personally think the anime cancellations are unnecessary. I’ve been playing for a while and can’t remember if I’ve ever been hit while grabbing a knife or setting a trap so I have no need for that. The strife shift( I call It side shift) isn’t an instant improvement to your game it takes a lot of practice. Now that I’ve mastered it, I can’t quit now lol so to some I’m a cheater I guess. 

15 minutes ago, NickersLarge said:

That’s interesting that it might not be apart  of the intended gameplay. It would be cool to find out about this and the anime cancellations from Matt and what he thinks about it. I personally think the anime cancellations are unnecessary. I’ve been playing for a while and can’t remember if I’ve ever been hit while grabbing a knife or setting a trap so I have no need for that. The strife shift( I call It side shift) isn’t an instant improvement to your game it takes a lot of practice. Now that I’ve mastered it, I can’t quit now lol so to some I’m a cheater I guess. 

Getting hit while grabbing knife or setting trap was more of a pre rage buff thing when the main focus of some counselors was trolling/distracting Jason. I havnt seen this in awhile either so not much of a concern to me. Jason should be invisible during these animations though, shouldnt have to worry about doing a cancel.