Armani?

How many times have you died as Jason?

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

This game is too broken for competitive play. I don't see the point of it really. Its not like there are sponsors or anything. Seems like a waste of time. 

Ya, I don't get it either.   Also the comment of 'Most of the best Jasons are now league players" is a HUGE stretch.

No doubt they are good at playing the game.    And if they enjoy playing the game like that, good for them.    

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

This game is too broken for competitive play. I don't see the point of it really. Its not like there are sponsors or anything. Seems like a waste of time. 

That is you opinion, and that's fine.  We are all not wasting any less than play it casually or more focused.  What matters is if there is enough like-minding players that want to play their best against the best for a game to be worth playing competitive. 

12 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

That is you opinion, and that's fine.  We are all not wasting any less than play it casually or more focused.  What matters is if there is enough like-minding players that want to play their best against the best for a game to be worth playing competitive. 

The problem with competitive players if they are willing to exploit anything and everything to win.

I have yet to see a "tourney" player who won't knife the car.

The crowd you hang with is just as toxic as the trolls.

22 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

If that's what you're into and you've found enough like minded players to play with..  That's cool.

But I don't understand why you keep calling them the 'best'.    I mean, you can be the "BEST" in your group of players you play with.  But calling them the "BEST" period isn't really true.

49 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

But I don't understand why you keep calling them the 'best'.    I mean, you can be the "BEST" in your group of players you play with.  But calling them the "BEST" period isn't really true.

What I meant by that is players who want to "play at their best" against other players also want to "play at their best".  Some players have fun actively trying to be better at the game, what better way to do so other than playing with those of the same mindset regularly.

29 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

What I meant by that is players who want to "play at their best" against other players also want to "play at their best".  Some players have fun actively trying to be better at the game, what better way to do so other than playing with those of the same mindset regularly.

What good is being the best if it brings out the worst in you?

27 minutes ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

Im pretty competitive in this game, but have never used any exploit. I have been called a troll for taking jason on a long chase, but everything I do is part of regular gameplay. Some Jason's are just too predictable and are easy to evade. I'm not going to lie down and let jason kill me just like hes not going to lie down and let me put last part in car to escape. So chase it is.

I did run into a 150 highly skilled Jason the other day. I tanked his traps at car and dropped off gas. He arrived and I led him away. He landed a nice grab inside the boathouse on crystal and I died. I came back later and repaired/started the car as tommy. I was able to avoid him and stop to get the last counselor when suddenly i hear the knife pull and my car flying through the air and left me trapped under the map. Immediately i gave him some shit and his response was I would have killed you anyway stop complaining. Lots of these Jasons are like that where they cant handle someone being better that match and getting away. It really is a shame.

3 hours ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

Wow, like to throw judgement around, don't you?  Anyone that plays with me know I don't take anything in-game seriously and a pretty chill dude.   I don't hack or use macros, everything I do can be done by hand and is generally used by most experienced and long time players. I have no intentions of deliberately ruining/trolling someone else's game outside the game's intended premise (Jason kills Counselors, Counselor escapes or gives Jason a hard time).  I play how I want to within what is allowed by the game and it's engine, and if you don't like it if it somehow sours your game experience, sorry but not sorry.   That is the nature of the melting pot that is Quick Play.  Everyone has a different mindset and you should expect to encounter players that doesn't exactly match your. 

5 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Wow, like to throw judgement around, don't you?  Anyone that plays with me know I don't take anything in-game seriously and a pretty chill dude.   I don't hack or use macros, everything I do can be done by hand and is generally used by most experienced and long time players. I have no intentions of purposely ruining/trolling someone else's game outside the game's intended premise (Jason kills Counselors, Counselor escapes or gives Jason a hard time).  I play how I want to within what is allowed by the game and it's engine, and if you don't like it if it somehow sours your game experience, sorry but not sorry.   That is the nature of the melting pot that is Quick Play.  Everyone has a different mindset and you should expect to encounter players that doesn't exactly match your. 

You intentionally exploit the game in a way you know it was not intended or designed to be played. 

You are no different from the teamers or any other people who exploit and play for no other reason than to ruin other peoples experience in game.  You screw people over just to show them you can.

You should have been banned a long time ago.  And if Gun had any integrity, you would have been.

30 minutes ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

You intentionally exploit the game in a way you know it was not intended or designed to be played. 

You are no different from the teamers or any other people who exploit and play for no other reason than to ruin other peoples experience in game.  You screw people over just to show them you can.

You should have been banned a long time ago.  And if Gun had any integrity, you would have been.

You really have a limited perspective that takes the account of only yourself.  Exploits you say?  SFII had an exploit that allowed you to cancel a hit into a special that wasn't "intended", and that pretty much became the basis of every Fighting Game combo system (and, funny enough, applies to F13 as well).  The creator of Smash Bros never intended his "party game" to become competitive, he even made changes to the next installment to counter it, but yet 20 years later Smash Melee still has a huge following and tournament turnout despite being superseded by 3 games now.  Large portion of it's "Tech" are derived from exploit (wave-dashing) or other oddities or "jank" that players utilize that granted Melee additional depth lacked by the followups.   F13, counselor and Jason both have their fair share of exploits (I prefer to refer to them as "Tech"), and even when everyone is using them (like in league play), gameplay is generally balanced.  The information is out there for those that want it, and I'm always willing to share and teach to anyone asking.

Regardless of how the game was designed or "intended" by the devs, it's the players collectively that ultimately evolves it. 

24 minutes ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

Banned for exploits? Most of the f13 player base would be gone if that were the case. 

and question, so you consider someone health spray cancelling as bad as someone who follows Jason around like a puppy dog and helps him? 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

You really have a limited perspective that takes the account of only yourself.  Exploits you say?  SFII had an exploit that allowed you to cancel a hit into a special that wasn't "intended", and that pretty much became the basis of every Fighting Game combo system (and, funny enough, applies to F13 as well).  The creator of Smash Bros never intended his "party game" to become competitive, he even made changes to the next installment to counter it, but yet 20 years later Smash Melee still has a huge following and tournament turnout despite being superseded by 3 games now.  Large portion of it's "Tech" are derived from exploit (wave-dashing) or other oddities or "jank" that players utilize that granted Melee additional depth lacked by the followups.   F13, counselor and Jason both have their fair share of exploits (I prefer to refer to them as "Tech"), and even when everyone is using them (like in league play), gameplay is generally balanced.  The information is out there for those that want it, and I'm always willing to share and teach to anyone asking.

Regardless of how the game was designed or "intended" by the devs, it's the players collectively that ultimately evolves it. 

Justify your actions however you want. 

You are toxic. 

47 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Banned for exploits? Most of the f13 player base would be gone if that were the case. 

and question, so you consider someone health spray cancelling as bad as someone who follows Jason around like a puppy dog and helps him? 

Corruption comes in small steps.

Eventually most people will graduate from Spray Cancels to Ghost Walking, Car Knifing, and Sliding.

13 minutes ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

Corruption comes in small steps.

Eventually most people will graduate from Spray Cancels to Ghost Walking, Car Knifing, and Sliding.

Not me. I’ve been doing minor things like spray cancel, knife cancels, trap blocking, etc things I consider more adv techniques than exploits for awhile now and have no desire to slide. That doesn’t apply to everyone

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Not me. I’ve been doing minor things like spray cancel, knife cancels, trap blocking, etc things I consider more adv techniques than exploits for awhile now and have no desire to slide. That doesn’t apply to everyone

Sounds like a troll who probably wouldn't be able to handle a few good skileld players on his own. No exploits.

This person doesn't seem to understand That exploits are not allowed in tournaments. Once again, another pub stomper who probably got hurt by some toxic people. Now he wants to generalize everyone here as toxic.

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

To some people, getting on the roof at Packanack was an "advanced technique", not a glitch or exploit. 

19 hours ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

Justify your actions however you want. 

You are toxic. 

As someone who prides themselves on being toxic.  I find your comment extremely and utterly offensive to us people of toxicity.

You wanna bust GeneiJins ass for being a Try Hard, that's one thing.   But calling him a cheater and toxic?   Whaaat are you talking about?

11 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

As someone who prides themselves on being toxic.  I find your comment extremely and utterly offensive to us people of toxicity.

You wanna bust GeneiJins ass for being a Try Hard, that's one thing.   But calling him a cheater and toxic?   Whaaat are you talking about?

The opinion of a gutless coward who hides in the lake is of no consequence.

3 minutes ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

The opinion of a gutless coward who hides in the lake is of no consequence.

Booo Hoo the lake.

Jasons needs permission from Lord Wesker before going into the lake?  is that it?

As if I need a lake to avoid being killed.   ...lol

Lord Wesker has deemed hiding is gutless.  Stupid Jason, hiding, trying to ambush his prey.    So toxic..

23 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

F13, counselor and Jason both have their fair share of exploits (I prefer to refer to them as "Tech"),

lol "Tech".  Are you trying to justify your glitching/cheating to us...or yourself?

I just played with a guy the other day that spent the first match sliding around with the shotgun and in the next match turned himself invisible as Jason.  He kept showing off all the different "Tech" (Lol sorry I find that term for cheating really funny) he could do.  As I was running away from him I finally said "Dude, you have skill. Wtf are you doing this for?"  And to my utter surprise he actually apologized and stopped glitching (and eventually killed me ;) ).  It was quite refreshing and a good sign that eventually the "Tech" (lol still funny) users will eventually just mature and give it up.

On 2/20/2020 at 10:46 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

Im pretty competitive in this game, but have never used any exploit. I have been called a troll for taking jason on a long chase, but everything I do is part of regular gameplay. Some Jason's are just too predictable and are easy to evade. I'm not going to lie down and let jason kill me just like hes not going to lie down and let me put last part in car to escape. So chase it is.

I did run into a 150 highly skilled Jason the other day. I tanked his traps at car and dropped off gas. He arrived and I led him away. He landed a nice grab inside the boathouse on crystal and I died. I came back later and repaired/started the car as tommy. I was able to avoid him and stop to get the last counselor when suddenly i hear the knife pull and my car flying through the air and left me trapped under the map. Immediately i gave him some shit and his response was I would have killed you anyway stop complaining. Lots of these Jasons are like that where they cant handle someone being better that match and getting away. It really is a shame.

If you're a team-killing/teaming douchebag, I'll knife your car. I'll also knife your car if you're a straight-up stun-and-dance shithead. Aside from this, I'm not going to do it. If you're simply a better player and are getting away then oh well, I'll try a little harder next time. 

9 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

lol "Tech".  Are you trying to justify your glitching/cheating to us...or yourself?

More like I'm just explain my particular mindset when it comes to games.  I generally only play fighting games, and in that community what is allowed by the game engine, including glitches/exploits, are allowed in competition.  Of course there is a "line" that can be crossed where a exploit is ether too powerful or breaks/crashes the game, and in those cases they get banned in organized play.  F13 is no exception to this, of course, however there is no referee or sheriff to enforce anything.  I have a personal "standard" of which exploits are ok and which are too OP, and if I organized a PM I might set rules. but Quick Play is the Wild Wild West.  Everyone has there own "standards" of how the game should be play, what can and can not be used, and everyone is going to run into players that don't care about any standards.  I'm just tried hearing players whining on forums/reddit acting like their "standards" is somehow the bar everyone should abide to and somehow superior to everyone else's. If you don't like how someone plays, find another lobby, or better yet, form your own community and play within the agreed "standards" of everyone there.

I don't ever cheat, btw.  Everything I do is done in game without any external devices or hacks.  Everything I do is what is commonly done in league play and I suggest watching Pleasevini's streams if you curious what it looks like when everyone plays with an agreed rule set.

12 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

More like I'm just explain my particular mindset when it comes to games.  I generally only play fighting games, and in that community what is allowed by the game engine, including glitches/exploits, are allowed in competition.  Of course there is a "line" that can be crossed where a exploit is ether too powerful or breaks/crashes the game, and in those cases they get banned in organized play.  F13 is no exception to this, of course, however there is no referee or sheriff to enforce anything.  I have a personal "standard" of which exploits are ok and which are too OP, and if I organized a PM I might set rules. but Quick Play is the Wild Wild West.  Everyone has there own "standards" of how the game should be play, what can and can not be used, and everyone is going to run into players that don't care about any standards.  I'm just tried hearing players whining on forums/reddit acting like their "standards" is somehow the bar everyone should abide to and somehow superior to everyone else's. If you don't like how someone plays, find another lobby, or better yet, form your own community and play within the agreed "standards" of everyone there.

I don't ever cheat, btw.  Everything I do is done in game without any external devices or hacks.  Everything I do is what is commonly done in league play and I suggest watching Pleasevini's streams if you curious what it looks like when everyone plays with an agreed rule set.

If you use exploits to get an edge then you are a cheater, there's no discussion.

Everything else is you trying to justify your cheating to us and yourself.

There's no referee so I can do whatever I want is the mantra of a toxic player.

Btw there ARE standards of play - you just choose to ignore then because you can't cut it with your own skill.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

Btw there ARE standards of play - you just choose to ignore then because you can't cut it with your own skill.

Maybe its my lack of brain cells.     But what exactly did GeneiJin say that has your feathers so ruffled?

You can get a good idea of what kind of player you are hunting by going to break a window of a cabin they are in. If they are standing there in combat stance trying to get a free hit, then you know they are going to use what ever they can in game to survive(btw, knife them in the head then break window, or fake break and let them swing at air and break window while they are stuck in animation). Just have to adjust your game play and be unpredictable. Breaking down doors early in match makes these players sitting ducks and are usually pretty easy to get with stalk as long as you practice shifting through cabins. Don't try running down as it will just become a long frustrating chase. stalk, morph a bit a way. sense. Watch them run in circles for a bit then shift and grab them.

• Like 1