Armani?

How many times have you died as Jason?

4 minutes ago, SirMang said:

There is a slight difference in hiding from Jason all match long and hiding as Jason all match long though.

Counselors have no magic spot they can go to where Jason has zero ability to kill them.

Jason, on the other hand, can go out in the water and counselors can't kill him. 

Thing is I hide as Jason all the time, especially in the lake.. when there is no Jason kill set up even going on.  

So, nothing changes for me when a Kill Squad is active, other than staying well out of sweater range until its dealt with.  And since the game is only 20 mins.  Time can run out.

There is no game play mechanic or rule that says Jason needs to alter his play style to suit the kills squads basic needs.  It would be as silly as Jason telling counselors to stop trying to avoid him.  Or Jason telling players to stop healing, or using PK or helping other counselors.

Really, This game is not about killing Jason.  Killing Jason is just one aspect of the game in terms of counselors 'surviving'.  And this game is about survival.

Getting the 7/7 result ( or if Tommy was called the 8/8 kill result ) is surely the biggest aim of playing Jason in the match, the more environmental kills involved the better.

Personally, for me, there is an even bigger aim possible  - call it satisfaction if you like: the moment in which Tommy and SG come after you, try to kill you, but do not succeed - but you on the contrary go after them again.

Just had a match on Packanack small, the Showdown directly before the lodge with Tommy , SG and a Vanessa. My mask was taken off directly on the porch and all three of them waiting in front of the campfire, me standing on the stairs, preparing the next move: knife, shift, slash for Tommy, who was a little bit on the right side (SG behind the campfire). Tommy ran off (how silly of him), next shift and I slashed him to death. Finally, I even got the 8/8, and Mommy was proud. 😎

In other words: by running away from Tommy + SG ( or hiding in the water and counting the 20 mins down) and avoiding this scenario (which I have as Jason far more often than getting killed), you really miss the best in this game. 

Skip to 6:10. See what happens when you decide to ignore defense and just Hulk your way through a mob of counselors? Didn't work out so well, did it?

Block is there for a reason. It may be clunky and unreliable, but it's still better than not using it at all.

@HaHaTrumpWon Good example. In a Situation like this it is of course risky to ambush the crowd.  But without having the meat shield as a defense,  I would definitely more slash than grab them when surrounded.

With the right timing the Jason player could have thinned out the players a little bit, making it easier for him afterwards.

However, when it comes to highly skilled counselors it’s definitely more difficult to avoid being killed as Jason and the match I earlier described happened in quickplay with average players involved, so I enjoyed the game, but I am also realistic about my previous success.

2 minutes ago, Wolledc said:

@HaHaTrumpWon Good example. In a Situation like this it is of course risky to ambush the crowd.  But without having the meat shield as a defense,  I would definitely more slash than grab them when surrounded.

With the right timing the Jason player could have thinned out the players a little bit, making it easier for him afterwards.

However, when it comes to highly skilled counselors it’s definitely more difficult to avoid being killed as Jason and the match I earlier described happened in quickplay with average players involved, so I enjoyed the game, but I am also realistic about my previous success.

Trying to tank the hits only works if the kill is void for some reason (dead Tommy or SG for example). If there is no chance of getting killed, sure, knock yourself out. If its still possible, then like it or not, you're going to have to think less Rambo and more Solid Snake. 

17 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

You REALLY need to learn how to block.

Yeah I've been practicing that lately. I had been playing for less than 2 months when that clip was recorded. I don't get much practice as Jason though because some nights it takes 2 hours until i get to be Jason. And the offline bots don't give much practice except chasing. I feel like I'm a slow learner in this game because i started so late and everyone is pretty good already. It's tough to get good when everyone is miles ahead of me.

2 hours ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

What you need is a friend or two to play with your Jason in Private to practice.

I'll help if he's on PS4.

If its sweater girl and Tommy without a gun, The battle is on. I can win those battles more then lose. Add a gun to that situation and you are fucked in most cases. Same if its a big group surrounding. You can't defend  and attack against them all. I had a really bad match a few weeks back where someone got the sweater right after I morphed. Of course i cross sweater girl and tommy a few mins later and tommy had a gun. So I morphed out to island, stood across water and said come hunt me. Guess who didnt cross? They knew they would die. Same if I crossed that water. So its pretty much a stale mate. The cops came and i tried picking them off with knives. Tommy finally dropped his gun and grabbed the ax and we did a brief battle before time ran out. Of course they called me a bitch for not running in and dying. I called them one right back for not crossing the water... :)

On 2/10/2020 at 9:41 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

If its sweater girl and Tommy without a gun, The battle is on. I can win those battles more then lose. Add a gun to that situation and you are fucked in most cases. Same if its a big group surrounding. You can't defend  and attack against them all. I had a really bad match a few weeks back where someone got the sweater right after I morphed. Of course i cross sweater girl and tommy a few mins later and tommy had a gun. So I morphed out to island, stood across water and said come hunt me. Guess who didnt cross? They knew they would die. Same if I crossed that water. So its pretty much a stale mate. The cops came and i tried picking them off with knives. Tommy finally dropped his gun and grabbed the ax and we did a brief battle before time ran out. Of course they called me a bitch for not running in and dying. I called them one right back for not crossing the water... :)

Speaking of the island, something hilarious happened earlier tonight. Anytime I'm Jason twice in a row, I usually let the people in the second round escape. Well after the first round, it dumped us back in QP, but I decided to be lazy and let them go anyway since I was quitting soon anyway (I did toss a couple of knives at some of them,  but that's just Jason's way of saying hello). Someone starts flashing me, so I turn around and most of the lobby are running to me carrying machetes (we're at the SE car location). I start blocking but shortly thereafter the mask breaks anyway. I Shift away and disappear, then get an idea: wait until the boat is fixed and almost to the exit, then zoom over and simply keep dumping them out without killing them (no deaths or escapes = no Tommy), forcing the rest of them to either fix something else or step in each others traps if they want to bring TJ in. 

A few minutes later, the boats on it's way to the exit but I get this stupid glitch where pressing X to Morph makes noise but doesn't do anything, so they got away. Couple of minutes later, and yep... Tommys here. He runs to the car where everyone else is still congregating, and this gives me an even better idea 😈 I go and make a slow pass of the shoreline (close enough for them to know I'm there), then head back to the island and make sure they see me leaving the lake. Now, I start alternating Stalk on and off. It takes a few minutes, but, low and behold, I see someone swimming towards me. I Morph into the lake and come up behind her as she reaches the island. She's clearly out of stamina and won't be running anywhere, so I start following her around and see another female counselor show up, followed by Tommy Jarvis who immediately shoots me and this prompts the 2nd counselor to run for the shack.

Except... the shacks not on the island. It's way over on the Western side of the map. I trolled those dumbasses into swimming over to Deathtrap Island, and now they're trapped there with me 🤣. They're fucked and they knew it. I did eventually kill Tommy, just in case somebody got butthurt and actually made it to the shack. 

i never died as jason cuz i never was jason but me an ppl in my session have killed jasons  more them 20 times some nights every game we kill a jason  some times even when the jason has ppl helpin him by runnin us over with the car

5 minutes ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

i never died as jason cuz i never was jason but me an ppl in my session have killed jasons  more them 20 times some nights every game we kill a jason  some times even when the jason has ppl helpin him by runnin us over with the car

This coming from one of the main complainers about Jason being to OP.

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2020 at 1:16 PM, Wolledc said:

In other words: by running away from Tommy + SG ( or hiding in the water and counting the 20 mins down) and avoiding this scenario (which I have as Jason far more often than getting killed), you really miss the best in this game. 

Meh.. I enjoy pissing off kill squads.

They try to ruin my play time as Jason.  I ruin their play time as Kill Squads.  

Just last night dragged one out with 3 people, till the last second.  I killed the sweater girl, right at the end....  Literally at the last possible second.

The "DEAD" sweater girl player sent me a PM.  " I gave up, you're a pussy you just kept hiding and running away"...

I love the PMs.  …. Always cracks me up.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

Confusing, what did change yr opinion so quickly ???

FC6DCB80-0C2B-4452-B003-A2B82FA641CB.jpeg

4D51405F-7251-44B6-A2D8-BB5C33A4EDB0.jpeg

• Confused 1

none, came close one time. was in a private lobby with some american friends at the time (me and my mate would play on the american servers so ping was usually 400+). tried the whole stalk shift grab quick kill method but got stunned into the sweater, got dropped but they messed up the finishing blow. besides that haven't been tested, had teams try to but always have managed to escape it. 

I need to update my total. I died a few moments ago as Roy. 

Tommy runs over the trap I put in front of the shack. I grab him, and it glitches so I’m unable to kill him. 

Sweater girl enters and I morph a few yards away. I hit them with knives from a distance, and decided to face my death with some dignity. So I head toward them, sweater girl hits Y, Tommy hits me, and the animation starts immediately. Oh well. 

I have died less than 20 times as Jason. Don't have an exact total, but know it's fewer than 20. Most of those were early on when I was a low level noob and wasn't worth a crap as Jason, but the rest of the times after the rage update.

On a side note however, I think it's hilarious when low level kill squads actually meet up with a Jason that has half a clue what's going on. They think just because Tommy is there and they get the sweater that the Jason is supposed to just put his machete down, remove his mask and accept the kill. I've had some of my greatest laughs with this game while dismantling kill squads and denying them the kill as they all die. 

I got killed about 4-5 hours ago on Pinehurst. I think they were a little irritated because I sliced their obvious bait-counselor the fuck up and left her there instead of killing her, though a few minutes later I killed her by mistake (Call it racist all you want, but Vanessas all look the same to me when viewed through Sense). I blocked 90% of everything they dished out and was in Rage in less than 5 minutes. Not long after, the mask broke, and a few minutes later, everyone's dead except Tommy, a Chad, and a couple of the Vanessas. I chase the Chad into a cabin but step in a bear-trap. Chad hops out the window and hauls ass, but I see Tommy and one of the Vanessas approaching the cabin.

Bear-trap gets kicked off, I go after Tommy and Vanessa, but they just stand there instead of running (which is always a red flag to me that they're trying to kill you). I stop coming towards them and am trying to see if she's got the sweater or not. I knew she may have picked up the mask, but the shack entrance was trapped and I never got the audio cue, so I assume the answer's a No, and come towards them.

Well, I was wrong, so you can probably guess how this one ended. I found out later than the traps at the shack were PK disarmed, and since I had already been stabbed by them twice earlier in the round, this means that one of them (Tommy or SG) didn't have a PK. 

Oh well, live and learn.

On 2/7/2020 at 10:23 PM, GeneiJin said:

Most of the best Jason are now league players, so they die regularly in competition.

This game is too broken for competitive play. I don't see the point of it really. Its not like there are sponsors or anything. Seems like a waste of time. 

• Thanks 1