Armani?

How many times have you died as Jason?

40 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Ahab you make an interesting point. I can only recall about having had a dozen or so attempts to kill me. Three of which nearly succeeded. 

Only a dozen? I feel like I’ve been hunted 100s of times.... I’ve been able to prevent it a lot. Probably been killed around 10 times. How can a Jason simply only be hunted 12 or so kill attempts? 

I feel like on Xbox there’s a lot of Jason hunters

A bunch.... probably at least 10 times, all as my main (part 6). The first time I was like, "Oh cool! Yeah, sorry guys, but I'm gonna tap out of this thing by the time one of you---" and then I got dropped and the meter reset. Shit... oh well, at least the filter looks pretty bitchin'".

If I get killed as Jason, I always message Tommy or SG (both if possible, and if I can't message either then I just pick someone at random) to tell them they did a great job. You'd be surprised how well a lot of players react to this, as a lot of the time they're expecting Jason to be a salty-ass douche about it. I've had games before where I got killed as Jason, then in the very next round, teamed up with the same SG or Tommy to kill that round's Jason (which is kinda surreal, but still fun). It's not exactly the end of the world to get killed as Jason, so why some people act like it is is beyond me. 

A few nights ago, I helped two very inexperienced players get the badge for killing Jason (which, since this is their 4TH ATTEMPT, ironically, proves that sometimes it's just as hard to kill Jason when he's cooperating as it is to do it when he's resisting and fighting back) 

Seriously, there's nothing wrong with getting killed as Jason. Think of it in terms of how many counselors you've killed vs how many counselors have killed you. Kinda one-sided, isn't it?

EDIT: Interestingly, you'll notice at the beginning of the video that my Trap icon lights up for a second. That's because on the Jarvis House map, there is a very specific spot in the shack that will let you place a trap inside.

14 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Only a dozen? I feel like I’ve been hunted 100s of times.... I’ve been able to prevent it a lot. Probably been killed around 10 times. How can a Jason simply only be hunted 12 or so kill attempts? 

I feel like on Xbox there’s a lot of Jason hunters

It wasn't nearly as prevalent until 6 months into the game. I think it was nearly that long before I was in a lobby where it happened. I am roughly guessing over the past 2 years it's been that amount of attempts. I imagine if I ended up against a good kill squad I'd probably die. It just hasn't happened yet. 

2 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

It wasn't nearly as prevalent until 6 months into the game. I think it was nearly that long before I was in a lobby where it happened. I am roughly guessing over the past 2 years it's been that amount of attempts. I imagine if I ended up against a good kill squad I'd probably die. It just hasn't happened yet. 

Oh I see. On Xbox I’ve gone against quite a bit of good kill squads. I’ve survived some and lost some. But even though I’ve died about 10 times, it made me learn Jasons combat pretty damn good. It made me come a long way and be able to fight smarter and better. Especially in groups. Now if they ever buff Jason’s combat stance and make the kill hard. I’ll be able to put up an even better fight bc right now the fight between Jason and kill squads is very far from being a fair fight.... 

When they make the necessary changes to make the fight even, that’s when hunt teams will become more anxious when trying to kill Jason. Most teams heavily rely on questionable & unfair tactics to land the kill. As of right now, being apart of a hunt team is the safest thing you can do in the game. I cannot wait to see the day when I get stunned, and counselors are all around me ready to land an unavoidable hit, but it doesn’t do damage. 

So as of now, if you get killed as Jason. There’s no shame. If they do make it harder to kill Jason I am doing a reset. Also, I sort of found a way to avoid those indefensible hits but it is sort of unreliable and you need to be quick.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I can only name one that does "give Jason props" for surviving his kill attempt... GeneiJin… Most Jason hunters get pretty rude when it doesn't go their way, but not Jin… he is one of the most polite players you will find in quick play... I give credit where credit is due.
    By your post, it sounds like you should keep asphyxiate at the ready on your Jason variants... just in case that "no room for a kill" happens again... That is the worst time for that one to happen.

heres the thing as to why i didnt have a choke or a head punch on that jason. i switch my jason everytime & play my favorites an extra round or two. this round i was nintendo jason... and (haha) for nintendo jason i (haha) have deemed him "purple crotch choppin jason" (haha) this jason has the pig splitter equipped with both the crotch moves it has, plus the leg spreader & to fill the space, the bear hug. now, i dont know WHY the damn bearhug didnt work but whatever!

most the time i have either the eye gouge for human jasons, head punch for zombie jasons. but dammit man, crotch choppin jason has to have his signiture moves! i dont really like the choke but its no doubt your best bet for those situations.

great post & @GeneiJin sounds like a hell of a guy. he'd probley kick my ass & by gawd id enjoy it win or lose!

• Thanks 1

I haven’t died at all. Yet. Hopefully I don’t in the future.

I started playing in October 2017 but I had problems then with the game because I played on my laptop (which wasn’t at all a gaming computer, and as a result was very slow so playing the game was a project in itself). I recently got an Xbox One and got the game on it earlier this year, so now I play more regularly. I never died as Jason mainly because I put a trap in front of the shack as soon as I spawn. If I hear that go off or if somehow one of the female counselors get the sweater, I always make sure to target them to eliminate them from the rest so that I don’t have a chance of dying. Besides that most importantly always make sure to stop the counselors from calling for Tommy by making sure the power in that particular house is always off (you can put a trap in front of that power box). Without Tommy the sweater is almost useless (all it is good for is just a small stun). The problem though with preventing the counselors from calling for Tommy Jarvis is that along with making sure they don’t get that power box repaired, you also need to make sure they don’t get the cars (or car and boat), and phone box repaired. So if you hear a trap go off, then directly after that another, you’d have to look and see which is more useful for the counselor. Calling for Tommy or calling the cops? Calling the cops is more alarming to you as Jason so you’d go there to stop them from doing that. That’s Jason’s biggest problem — not being able to be in two places at once.

Anyway, I haven’t gotten killed as Jason yet, but that might change in the future. Hopefully not though.

3 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

great post & @GeneiJin sounds like a hell of a guy. he'd probley kick my ass & by gawd id enjoy it win or lose!

God damn it @Ahab, you keep talking about me like this, I'm going to start believing the "hype".  There is no way I can live up to it, lol.

Success rate with Shady is kinda low, but he is also good, I share my methods of shutting Tommy out with him, and I'm a fuck up when a opportunity is given lol.  I say proudly though that no one has made him "sweat" as much as I, :P.

Oh and for anyone wondering, I died as Jason 5 times (twice before I could call myself a Jason main). I calculate that I have over 1200 Jason games by now, so that an .004% rate of me dying.  Pretty good considering about 1/3 are against parties of +150 kill squads 😎

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ahab said:

Indeed... Although some people here are 100% honest about it, others will not be.
    The answers should ALL also include how many attempts to kill your Jason have been made?... and that does not mean how many times did someone grab the sweater in your matches... Grabbing the sweater IS NOT a kill attempt... Using the sweater with Tommy present and properly armed is a kill attempt, whether the kill squad had anything to do with taking your mask or not is another matter... and exactly how often has ANYONE seen this fail? Success rate is pretty damned high when the mask is off and the sweater is used in Tommy's presence. Just because Tommy and sweater girl are wandering around hand in hand does not necessarily constitute a kill attempt... At minimum, there has to be a fight to remove the mask... AND the use of the sweater with Tommy present. Failing to get the mask off is NOT a kill attempt as many players will try to fight you, whether to remove your mask or not with zero desire to even kill Jason... I do this when I feel the Jason player is being an asshole, just to put the fear off it into him... and I say "him" because I cannot remember ever playing against a female Jason player that was an asshole.
    I have also seen many kills squads that could not remove the mask and just escaped in a car or to the cops without continuing to try so they can actually make a kill attempt. Just having a kill squad present IS NOT a kill attempt.
    If Tommy does not make it into a match... then NO kill attempt is even possible... Kill squad or no kill squad. And sometimes, you can kill the entire kill squad before they have a chance to make an attempt... which means there was no attempt to survive against.
     Another question that needs to be answered with this is... How many times did you play keep away after losing your mask?... This question in particular is VERY important here... but these are not things people keep track of... The answer would often be an embarrassment to anyone that feels it is embarrassing to die as Jason.
    Also... any player that plays far more offline bots than multiplayer (and yes, there are some of these)... is going to have a lesser number of deaths as Jason as well. The bots make no attempt at the kill.
     My use of the word "you" in these questions is not directed at you Mr. Mang… but at everyone that makes grand claims... or claims not so grand... Number of deaths vs actual attempts is kind of important here. And it is entirely possible for a player to have zero deaths as Jason for the simple reason that a proper attempt was never made against them.

As for myself... within my first six months or so I died three times... The great Jason nerf of 2017 began soon after I purchased this game, and it seemed like I was the only one who even wanted to play as Jason at that point... It was literally the best time to learn how to fight as Jason. I do not remember the number of attempts made on me by that point, but there were quite a few more than actual deaths. I was usually saved by a glitch of some sort and there were a few different glitches back then. I also did not have many friends to play the game with at that time... so diving head first into quick play, I saw many kill squads... they just did not always get a proper attempt.
     It was after my third death as Jason that I met @GeneiJin… and I admit, I was a bit salty the first time he killed me... which as I remember, I actually had to ask him on the forums here how many attempts it took him... and his answer was four. But I cannot say that all four attempts were what I would call proper attempts as I may have killed him before he could make a proper attempt and he may not have come back as Tommy in some of these matches... I do not remember the details of these matches. But after Jin killed my Jason twice... I was at five deaths and stopped keeping track, at that point I just referred to it a few times for a while.
      Jin has been on my friends list since I met him in quick play... maybe the second time I met him... but I don't remember who gave who the invite. He taught me there is no shame in dying as Jason and we have played many games since then, and he has killed me quite a few times. I do not know if he has kept track, but he may show up to comment... At this point I would actually be interested to know how many times he has got me... I am not sure I would want to venture a guess as to how many times he has killed me now. Each game with Jin is a learning experience and I actually enjoy facing his attempts to kill me... He is the most polite Jason Hunter I have ever met... and in my opinion is the only one of them that has earned the nickname "The Jason Killer."... Most of the attempts he makes that I do see... the Jason player dies... And some that I have seen him kill I consider to be much better at playing Jason than myself.
      Not every match against Jin has even been him attempting to kill me either... In one recent game, he went for the boat and made it out... and a week or so before that, he went for the boat and I caught him. In most games though, it is his main focus... but there are times I rob him of the opportunity to get make an attempt.
      The only part of this I do keep track of now is how many matches I can survive against Jin's mission to kill me... My best so far is seven matches in a row against him before he kills me again... and I only got that many in a row through dumb luck for the most part. If you lose your mask against Jin's sweater girl and Tommy is present, you are not going anywhere. He has the timing down to a science. A mistake from Tommy or a glitch is Jason's only hope to survive the attempt at that point... and I don't care how good of a Jason player someone thinks they are... You will only last so many matches before he gets you.

I run into fewer kill squads than some players as I do often play with groups of friends that do not even bother attempting to kill Jason... But there have been a few kill squads that got me in quick play too since the first three... and a few kills squads have got me when I was with some friends too... and there have actually been many failed attempts through the weapon not kneeling me or a glitch and more often a mistake made by Tommy or sweater girl... Long distance knife throwing has given me quite a few sweater girl kills when they thought they had me dead to rights if I would have gotten too close... and other times I get lucky with a shift grab and sweater girl has no pocket knife... I always keep choke on all of my Jasons, not just for this reason either... against a group, or in the battle for the car, it is often your only chance to get off that grab kill.
      I am also not what people would call a "try hard" Jason player... If I was, I sure as shit wouldn't be using Part IV 99% of the time... Although I do adjust tactics when I know there is a kill squad... I still just go about my business... collect my throwing knives, try to keep the cops from getting called... and leave an open invite for a car to be started.

Only twice?... I am curious, do you know how many times he has tried to kill you?... Even a rough estimate? 
    I have heard you are an awesome Jason player... but I have never seen you in quick play that I can remember.

I can only name one that does "give Jason props" for surviving his kill attempt... GeneiJin… Most Jason hunters get pretty rude when it doesn't go their way, but not Jin… he is one of the most polite players you will find in quick play... I give credit where credit is due.
    By your post, it sounds like you should keep asphyxiate at the ready on your Jason variants... just in case that "no room for a kill" happens again... That is the worst time for that one to happen.

i think it took him around 6 or 7 tries off the top of my head, ive been playing with him off and on this week and he has yet to get me again, has gotten close i admit but hasnt succeeded in killing me, though he has distracted me enough to have a counselor escape.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

God damn it @Ahab, you keep talking about me like this, I'm going to start believing the "hype".  There is no way I can live up to it, lol.

Success rate with Shady is kinda low, but he is also good, I share my methods of shutting Tommy out with him, and I'm a fuck up when a opportunity is given lol.  I say proudly though that no one has made him "sweat" as much as I, :P.

Oh and for anyone wondering, I died as Jason 5 times (twice before I could call myself a Jason main). I calculate that I have over 1200 Jason games by now, so that an .004% rate of me dying.  Pretty good considering about 1/3 are against parties of +150 kill squads 😎

one of those times was to me :)

First death was about 1 year after release. Kinda wish it had been sooner, because it is a freeing feeling once done. Died about 4 times total and don’t really care anymore. Only time I will actively try and prevent it is if the players are toxic or cheating in some fashion just to try and get the kill.

20 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Ahab you make an interesting point. I can only recall about having had a dozen or so attempts to kill me. Three of which nearly succeeded. 

Had to check the number of Jason games I have played so far... and I am at 638 matches now. Over the course of that many games, I know I have faced a great many kill squads... but I hesitate to say... "hundreds". Many of them did not get a chance to make a kill attempt... I would not even go so far as to say I have faced 100 actual attempts... but it has been quite a few... Pretty far into double digits at least... I cannot say for sure. But like I said, I stopped counting the number of times I died as Jason a while back... I just keep track of the number of times I survive against Jin in a row now.
   Grabbing the sweater before Tommy arrives is always the worst thing a kill squad can do and I have seen that a great many times... so sweater girl just made herself a priority target and no one dies until she dies... leaving no attempt possible. The most successful kill squads I have played against or just been in a match with do not grab the sweater without Tommy present... but not necessarily waiting until the mask is off... The demasking stun is the absolute best time to use the sweater stun... If it is timed properly, there is no escape from the stun. But the weapon may not bring him to his knees... and other mistakes can still be made, but kneeling Jason most often ends with his death.

19 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

As of right now, being apart of a hunt team is the safest thing you can do in the game.

The absolute safest thing you can do in this game, is let me drive the car... and get in with me... or let me drive the boat... and get in with me... Neither is still not completely safe, but I very often get the four seater out with three passengers... and I have got the boat around +Water Speed Jasons and escaped... The salt really flows when you escape in a boat with a +Water Speed Jason right on your ass. I do not escape 100% of the time with either option... but if I am driving the car or boat, my success rate is pretty frickin' high.

@glowing ooze The bear hug does take a bit of room to light up... but I keep that one on all my Jason variants as well, just for the bunny wabbits. "I will hug them and squeeze them and call them George." I do keep choke on all variants as well, just for grab kills in the battle for the car or fuse box. I only change up the other two kills, and try to do it quickly after each match that I use these in... Before the environment kill glitch thingy, I most often went for environment kills at every opportunity.... and I am happy that this is the next priority to be fixed.
    I do not like the choke kill, and do not like using it.. but in many situations it is your only chance to get off a grab kill... So it stays on all of my Jason variants.
    Jin is a good kid... well... not really a kid... but I am old enough that I can call almost everyone here "kid" and it is still reasonable. He doesn't always come out dancing on Jason's grave, but he does it more consistently than any other player I have seen.

15 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

I don't make this shit up, I am just being honest Jin... I just call it like I see it and give credit where credit is due... You lived up to it the day I named you "THE Jason Killer." You earned that name.

13 hours ago, shady said:

i think it took him around 6 or 7 tries off the top of my head, ive been playing with him off and on this week and he has yet to get me again, has gotten close i admit but hasnt succeeded in killing me, though he has distracted me enough to have a counselor escape.

Six or seven tries without him killing you is pretty damned good. I have played quite a few times with Jin… and have watched him consistently kill other Jason players that I consider to be very good players... Even if it is a fluke when I survive against him, it still feels like an accomplishment... and a greater accomplishment the more matches I manage to not die against him in a row... That is why these days, I only keep track of how many times in a row I survive against him before he kills me again. Play enough games against Jin and the number of times he will get you will add up quickly enough... At this point, he is responsible for almost every time I have died as Jason.

I think 4 times, deffo twice this year. 

It doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things other than I die lots in games. 

Theres really no reason to die very much  in QP (At least on the PS4) after you get a few months experience. .  95 percent of the QP Lobbies on there are full of crappy noobs.  In about 2 years Ive been killed 2-3 times maybe.   Most QP lobbies are not coordinated enough to pull off the kill against me.   Now on the rare occasion against a coordinated group of counselors (Not screaming goofy kids) that can be a serious challenge.   But generally those groups are undoing my traps at the objectives while the rest are starting the batter/pouring the grass  and starting  the cars or the boat in various locations  and  its difficult to get in there in time or be everywhere at once after you have morphed. .  But those groups are VERY few and far between in QP 

Private matches... Yea you're gonna die 

But over the last 2-3 patches or so, the occurrence of Jason getting killed has spiked no doubt.   I saw maybe ONE Jason kill my first year playing the game.  The last 2 patches, its been about 10-20 kills 

6 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Theres really no reason to die very much  in QP (At least on the PS4) after you get a few months experience. .  95 percent of the QP Lobbies on there are full of crappy noobs.  In about 2 years Ive been killed 2-3 times maybe.   Most QP lobbies are not coordinated enough to pull off the kill against me.   Now on the rare occasion against a coordinated group of counselors (Not screaming goofy kids) that can be a serious challenge.   But generally those groups are undoing my traps at the objectives while the rest are starting the batter/pouring the grass  and starting  the cars or the boat in various locations  and  its difficult to get in there in time or be everywhere at once after you have morphed. .  But those groups are VERY few and far between in QP 

Private matches... Yea you're gonna die 

But over the last 2-3 patches or so, the occurrence of Jason getting killed has spiked no doubt.   I saw maybe ONE Jason kill my first year playing the game.  The last 2 patches, its been about 10-20 kills 

The cars run on batter and grass now?

All joking aside, I agree that one gets better with time, if they are determined to do so.

On 8/21/2019 at 1:51 PM, MortenMagnePal said:

to

I got killed today i feelt kind bad , im since day one in the game and even before got release and yes i got savini .It been like 2 years or more since release on may of 2017 and i never died except today. I always played as part 7 and savini but mainly im savini main.Being savini main feels even worst to die but i said gg to the people who killed me but now im sad about it because it has been 2 years and today i failed for the first time.

• Like 2

0 when the Force Grab was still prevalent.  Over the past few updates, 3-4 times (Would have been 5 but I went and hid in the water) .  Once as Roy and a few times part 3. (my main).  Its when they screwed with the grab (2 patches ago? I don't know)  thats when I started dying 

A fuckin' LOT... at least 10 times, but could be more like 15-20. I have absolutely no problem admitting it either, though it's also true that the big majority of attempts against me fail (usually because either Tommy or SG do something retarded that I'm able to take advantage of, like trying to steal the sweater with no PK or med spray, or wandering too far from each other). Aside from that, I thwart a good number of attempts simply by either showing up almost immediately after they step in the shack trap (I main pt 6, so I've learned a long time ago to be very careful about when to use Morph) or by keeping a very close eye on sound rings coming from the shacks direction and intercepting counselors before they even make it there. 

• Like 1

Maybe a dozen times by now.

The first one felt and still feels creepy: having played F13 for nearly one year at that point and haven’t been killed so far (only Quickplay, I have to admit), I slowly saw it coming in that very match. 

the counselors (I had been thrown into a lobby with seven 150s) acted perfectly together. well organized, within minutes had my mask off, the usual sacrifice counselor coming back as Tommy and after a little hide&seek with one Vanessa of them (of course staged to let the other ones even get more organized)  they all came „marching“ against me: 4 counselors (all equipped with bats, axes) together with sweater girl and Tommy with his machete. Quite an army. They were all using mics, talking and telling and not hiding what they were intending to do, some of them laughing crazily.

Never crossed my mind to morph away, hide in the water or even rage quit, like a deer in the headlights I watched this „kill squad“ perform their job which they did.

6 hours ago, Wolledc said:

Maybe a dozen times by now.

The first one felt and still feels creepy: having played F13 for nearly one year at that point and haven’t been killed so far (only Quickplay, I have to admit), I slowly saw it coming in that very match. 

the counselors (I had been thrown into a lobby with seven 150s) acted perfectly together. well organized, within minutes had my mask off, the usual sacrifice counselor coming back as Tommy and after a little hide&seek with one Vanessa of them (of course staged to let the other ones even get more organized)  they all came „marching“ against me: 4 counselors (all equipped with bats, axes) together with sweater girl and Tommy with his machete. Quite an army. They were all using mics, talking and telling and not hiding what they were intending to do, some of them laughing crazily.

Never crossed my mind to morph away, hide in the water or even rage quit, like a deer in the headlights I watched this „kill squad“ perform their job which they did.

First time I got killed I was thinking, "Oh cool, so THAT'S what they're trying to do. Well, they better hurry up because I'm about to tap out of this shit any second n---"

That's right about the point where I realized dropping Jason to his knees resets the tap-out bar.

• Haha 1

I've died loads of times as Jason and as a counsellor also. I wouldn't get a sense of pride having never been killed as Jason myself, but all the power to you who do.

2020....   And still haven't been killed as Jason.

Im still waiting for that special person to lay down for.. :D

Around 20 times. But, killing Jason, more often than not, is easier than escaping. I have also ran with 3-5 person kill squads and killed Jason 20 times in a day.