mattshotcha

Weekly BEYOND Thread - 8.27.2019

intro_beyond_twitter-final.png

Hey gang!

Some forum users had a really great idea for involving the folks here a bit more in our live content for BEYOND. While you all can have the usual conversations with me across the forums, many cannot make it to the BEYOND streams. So we now have a weekly thread dedicated for you to ask questions that can then be read on air.

Of course, for more pressing and urgent things, you'll want to contact support (JasonKillsBugs.com) and create threads here, as this is not a replacement for forum involvement. But for things you'd like to see highlighted, deep dives, etc, you can reply here and I'll read and address live on the next episode.

After the episode airs, this thread will be locked and a fresh thread created with the date of the next show.

• Thanks 3

Make some kind of changes.  And no, I dont mean another tractor at Pinehurst.  

Tweak the perks.  Update the loot on the Pinehurst map(thats why everyone hates it, its huge without adequate stuff to survive).  Include the weapons that are already in the game files, ie the pitchfork.(What can you be sued for if you dont charge for it?)

Do something that may make players who have left want to try it again.  Im sorry, but 6 months for a roof glitch isnt it.

You may have to think outside the box, but there is new things you can do--without new DLC(ala Rage mode) that may spark some interest. 

• Thanks 1

Re-work the perks.

I realize you may not be able to delete some of the really useless ones (Easy Listening) or add any new ones.  You may not be able to change the random slot-style method of obtaining them, either.

You could at least increase the chances of rolling better perks the higher your level.  This would be a very simple change that would make things better for those of us with no desire to spend hours rolling just to keep ending up with the same low-tier perks over and over.

• Like 1

Is there a possibility of changing up spawn locations for the Tommy tower?  Fuse box?  Shack? 

I think if you just moved around the spawn locations to different cabins for objective items it would make the experience fresh for a lot of long time players.  

I don't believe any of this would be considered new content for the same reason putting a tractor in front of the Pinehurst barn isn't new content. 

• Like 1

This is not my idea it was @Slasher_Clone

But it is a really good one so I am adding it here.

Any chance we will be able to get some of the kills that are in the single player challenges......and their  Maps added to the multiplayer portion of the game?

(I know some kills are very Cinematic but there are quite a few that could be environmental kills added to multiplayer... the wheel barrel rock and stop sign kill come to mind.)

And speaking of perks could it be possible to adjust the randomness of the perk rolls to take into account if you already have the highest leveled of a certain perk and not give you one that is poor or common of the same thing?

also this will probably be quite a stretch....what’s the chance we Can give Jason players the option to customize his power load out?...so say you want shift before Sense or Stalk before morph etc.....

thanks love this thread already!!

• Thanks 1

Fix Jason’s weird combat stance and make the Jason kill a actual challenge

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

Fix Jason’s weird combat stance and make the Jason kill a actual challenge

☝️This. 

• Like 1

Maps-

SPC maps in multiplayer is right at the top of my ask list. (Thanks Oct.) Even if they’re spread out and minimally set up for multiplayer, they’d bring people back. I’ll gladly do anything to help this idea.

Offline Counselor Play-

Counselor mode that lets you load into offline bots or the SPC’s. I’ve got ideas to make it more fun, like giving us infinite ammo for the shotgun or indestructible melee weapons. Just have the bots ignore the player unless attacked and run through their motions of trying to escape. 

Bot Retraining-

The Bots in the SPC’s are prone to just get out of dodge and it lowers the replay value. If they could only escape via objective or after a time limit, they’d barricade and fight back more. This would increase the number of things you could do as Jason ie. go ham or trap objectives. 

These are at the top of my list, I don’t want to swamp you though Matt so I’ll wrap it up there. If you want more detail I’ll gladly provide more. 

Give Jason at least 3 seconds of invincibility after being stunned, to not take damage from unavoidable hits. 

I heard that blocking as Jason was almost instantaneous before the engine update..... is it possible to go back to that, also why does Jason drop his block after being hit? In real life, if I’m fighting someone who is constantly throwing punches and I’m blocking. Why would I drop my block out of no-where lmao 😂😂😂

All of this is to make sure that Jason has a fighting chance when up against Jason-murder squads. Make sure that it is skill vs skill instead of overpowered vs luck. 

Will Forum members be able to see a preview or Hint of what Gunmedias next horror video game project may be this october.

could there be a surprise unveiling of Guns next project revealed in october.

Is there any chance for a small rework for perks? I know it was put on the back burner due to higher priority things. What I am hoping for is being able to hold more perks. Maybe a second page for them, that you could cycle between like you do counselors and Jasons. Also something to alleviate the perk grind. Either increased chance of rolling better perks. Or being able to spend cp to upgrade the one's you've rolled. I hope these two things would be possible. 

• Like 1

Make stealth/composure more relevant.

The meta of this game is so stale and without any new gamemodes coming. SOMETHING has to be done to shake it up for counselor play besides running around with higher speed/stamina characters killing Jason or going for a clock win because he can't be stunned in rage anymore and they can't realistically repair unless they have the numbers.

The slower composure/stealth based counselors need to be reworked to have more ability to survive the entire game without the need of said counselors above. Whether hiding is made more doable or Jason can be stunned in rage at the trade of the weapon breaking instantly.

All kinds of common sense things have been said over and over. Not gonna type a book, so I'll stop there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Re-work the perks.

I realize you may not be able to delete some of the really useless ones (Easy Listening) or add any new ones.  You may not be able to change the random slot-style method of obtaining them, either.

You could at least increase the chances of rolling better perks the higher your level.  This would be a very simple change that would make things better for those of us with no desire to spend hours rolling just to keep ending up with the same low-tier perks over and over.

I know Wes was talking about about what would the point be raising the level cap but I think this would definitely be an incentive say to Level 300 for more of a chance rolling epic/legendary perks 

• Thanks 1

Gang, questions. This is a thread for questions you'd like to see answered, etc. Not a feedback thread.

The entirety of the forums are here for feedback. I read and report on what we can here. But there is no reason to read things like "Rework Perks!!!" on the air. It's something we can discuss here in threads.

The idea of the thread is to give you a route to ask questions if you can't make the streams.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

The idea of the thread is to give you a route to ask questions if you can't make the streams.

Going forward, is there any chance of a lower priority fix that isn't too difficult to implement being squeezed in alongside a major bug fix?

• Like 3

Yes. I have a question. Why did you guys make killing Jason so easy? This is a huge balance issue in the game that needs to be higher priority to make difficult. It isn’t a fair fight for Jason. When are you guys planning on making the kill hard and what is the plan to make it hard?

Also why did you guys allow counselors to be able to deal more damage than Jason??? 1 hit de masks is insanely overpowered. It just amazes me this kind of stuff is even allowed to happen in the game. 

• Thanks 1

Haha okay, here's a question:

Why don't y'all just implement all this shit we mentioned earlier?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let’s try to keep this thread positive and what it’s supposed to be for questions the community would like to have answered on the next beyond stream.

@mattshotcha 

when will the environmental kills patch be rolling out?

Is the team aware of the invisible weapons / floating items that seem to happen every now and then on all maps?

Do you think it would be possible to allow Jason to hear the Jason specific chase theme music that counselors hear when being chased by different Jason’s?

(each one has a different chase theme that can only be heard when playing as  a counselor.)

Will audio sync issues for off-line bots  be one of the items to be fixed in the next patch?

Is the team getting anywhere when it comes to discussing Mask Hit points?

( will Jason be getting any adjustments there soon?)

I'm a new player thanks to the Switch release, but have been a LONG time lurker both here on the forum as well as on your YouTube vids. Anyways, here are my questions.

How did the Switch release go from Gun's perspective? Were you guys happy with the first week of play? Any issues you noticed?

Also, is there any discussion of a patch on the Switch? Buffing Jason to match what's on other consoles would be nice, as well as fixing the save issue for emotes. None of my emotes save, so that would be a GREAT fix.

@mattshotcha Is it possible to change the color of the grass and trees to white for winter season on the maps when rain is off.

Since we cant have official new DLC, this is a loophole, since you're just editing the color of something in the game.

Also what is the story behind Deborah and Vanessa not reacting to the lights going out. Was this intentional or did they just not get to record the voice lines with the actors?

@mattshotcha There are some players that lost their server side saves a while ago and never got them back... I thought I only knew one... but that number has now grown to two. They had to start over from level one and the only perks they have are set on counselors still, but do not function at all unless they use random counselor selection in the lobby. These perks are not shown anywhere but equipped on counselors. My question is... Is their original data recoverable at all, or has it been overwritten by them continuing to play?... These players lost a lot of good (and some excellent) perks and several hundred thousand CP.

When do you think Jason will get a buff on the Switch version? Players have begun to troll Jason, making the game play unlike it was intended.

double post be damned.

another question: is it possible with the lawsuit in play to add somewhat of a "personal bubble" for jason? where if more than one brat is in said bubble jasons chops are more effective. like if its 2 brats in the bubble damage is x2, if its 3 brats damage is x3 ect.. like a small invisible parameter around jason that if a group is standing in they become effected ? thatd be sweeet! sure would stop the gangs from gangbanging.

On 8/22/2019 at 12:56 AM, DontZzz34 said:

Yes. I have a question. Why did you guys make killing Jason so easy? This is a huge balance issue in the game that needs to be higher priority to make difficult. It isn’t a fair fight for Jason. When are you guys planning on making the kill hard and what is the plan to make it hard?

Also why did you guys allow counselors to be able to deal more damage than Jason??? 1 hit de masks is insanely overpowered. It just amazes me this kind of stuff is even allowed to happen in the game. 

it is a little odd how jason takes a swipe at sweet little deb and her reaction is "ouch" then she lays him out flat with a 2x4 no big deal haha seems a little ridiculas but hey deb needs a chance too!

question:

has there been any serious talks about mask HP or perhaps reworking the "resist" bar to only fill once instead of restarting after the brats make you kneel down thats a good boy? going for the big kill should by far be the hardest part of the game. alot of us want jason to be more bad ass @mattshotcha 😢

i am most pleased to know context kills are being looked at for the next patch! great job, thanks!!!

• Like 1