Sign in to follow this  
ExpertDual

Combat Stance Should Work like other games

Combat Stance Should Work like other games. I.e. You can choose who you are targeting and locked on to. I don't think it matters for Counselors but for Jason Players you can't pick out one person to focus on in groups. My suggestion is that there's a Black Dot or a White Dot on the Counselor you are Targeting and it goes away if you switch Targets or they are in a Hiding Spot. You can detect Counselors under beds with Combat Stance sometimes too. But you can Remove that if you are gonna rework how Hiding Spots work too as Sometimes Counselors become invulnerable while Hiding underbeds or Jason can animation cancel the Check animation. 

I agree. I think the lock on should focus on your target you want and you should be able to select the target. Same for counselor to. Sometimes I’ll go into combat stance to fight Jason and my counselor will lock on to a counselor nearby. 

And combat stance shouldn’t be able detect counselors. 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:59 PM, ExpertDual said:

Combat Stance Should Work like other games. I.e. You can choose who you are targeting and locked on to. I don't think it matters for Counselors but for Jason Players you can't pick out one person to focus on in groups. My suggestion is that there's a Black Dot or a White Dot on the Counselor you are Targeting and it goes away if you switch Targets or they are in a Hiding Spot. You can detect Counselors under beds with Combat Stance sometimes too. But you can Remove that if you are gonna rework how Hiding Spots work too as Sometimes Counselors become invulnerable while Hiding underbeds or Jason can animation cancel the Check animation. 

Biggest problem with combat stance when fighting more than one counselor is the lock on... It literally never lock onto the counselor I want to hit. Getting rid of that alone would make combat stance far more Jason friendly.  I never thought to use it for finding a counselor in a hiding spot though.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:27 PM, DontZzz34 said:

And combat stance shouldn’t be able detect counselors. 

This is a bit over powered in certain instances... such as detecting someone using sense avoidance perks nearby when they are out of line of sight and smart enough to avoid emitting sound pings. I would be happy if the target lock was simply removed from combat stance... and happier if quick block worked like it used to.

• Like 1

Wow I didn't think about using CS to find lurking nearby players. It should go both ways too. Like if Jason is in stalk you can toggle CS to see if he's nearby.

So yeah just remove Combat Stance lock-on entirely. Don't even add a target switch because it can still allow for both the exploit above but also it hinders combat due to the clunkiness of lock-on. It's why so many people prefer to run in circles for hit-and-run combat even as Jason.

On 8/26/2019 at 11:11 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Wow I didn't think about using CS to find lurking nearby players. It should go both ways too. Like if Jason is in stalk you can toggle CS to see if he's nearby.

They should get rid of the lock on for Jason to track a nearby player not fair imo. And being able to lock on as counselor with Jason in stalk would take the worry and scare out of the game if that’s all you had to do to track him. Only flare guns should be able to track a Jason in stalk. And the number of flares guns in the game to counter stalk is a reasonable amount

Thats my view