Sign in to follow this  
x OLd ScRatCh x

Did Gun Remove Allocated Bandwidth on the Dedicated Servers from PS4 To Use for Switch?

Quick Play on U.S. servers doesn't work for a lot of people since the last patch on PS4, and it gets stuck on "Checking Session for Room." Connecting through community boards on PS4 results in "Bypass servers failed" half the time. It seems the only logical answer.

Matt said in discord he checked and the servers should be up and working, so there isn't anything new from them, sadly

1 hour ago, 2moar said:

Matt said in discord he checked and the servers should be up and working,

Yet there are various people reporting they can NOT connect...

8 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

Yet there are various people reporting they can NOT connect...

Hm I think it should be easy to fix via uninstalling and installing the game.

2 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

i think its fixed or it works for me now cuz i changed dns i dont kno

Where did you update your DNS? Router side, or PS4?

There is definitely something up with the eu servers on PS4.

Haven’t got into a lobby since the patch last Monday and seen a lot of people on here complaining about it. 

Having the same issue here on EU PS4. Sometimes not finding a server at all, and sometimes I get one after 20 minutes of searching.

23 minutes ago, HowAreYa said:

Having the same issue here on EU PS4. Sometimes not finding a server at all, and sometimes I get one after 20 minutes of searching.

Never search for 20 minutes straight. Cancel and search every 2 minutes.

Yeah, it's pretty undeniable there is a problem. To the ones advising to uninstall/reinstall; that's not the issue with this situation. I have two PS4's with the game behaving the exact same way and both started having the problem at the same time (when the Switch version launched). I search for 1 min/2 mins/5 mins/reboot console -- nothing changes. Nine times out of ten I get dumped into a P2P session where I'm the host and it takes forever for enough people to come in to get a decent match going.

If allocating most of the bandwidth to the Switch players is what is happening, I get it, Gun isn't gonna publicly state they did that. But, it's clear to me at this point changes need to be made. "The servers should be up and running" isn't fooling any of the various people who are affected.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Armani? said:

That use to work, not so much anymore since patch.

5 hours ago, Armani? said:

I canceled every minute after not finding one or when it took longer than 10 seconds to check the session for room, which took me eventually 20 minutes.

it took me like half an hour to get on a 4 people lobbie with one of them apparently taking care of her baby and not doing shit for 3 matches, and if you get a decent jason forget about escaping on car because the match its so laggy that everytime you steer the car it starts going in zig zag, and if it's truth that EU servers on ps4 were given to their new switch market at least own it and admit it so we can play something else and not waste our time