Sign in to follow this  
Strigoi

Modding Groups Recreating Friday the 13th in Remade Maps and games.

Wouldnt be cool if Modding groups could add to The Friday the 13th game with there own twist and add ons.

The Reason i say this is because Friday the 13th the game has such a huge fan base following.

so many people crave more Jason in video games i just cant see it stopping with such a high demand.

after the lawsuit is over could Gunmedia open the Friday the 13th the game to game design modders to give fans what they are asking for.

Modder game designers like TESrenewal Modding Group.

https://skyblivion.com/

Just now, DontZzz34 said:

I think the mod group would have to get approval first right?

Yes but how do other official games get opened to mod groups.

i dont know what copyrights or licenses  a game modding group would need.

opening friday the 13th to modder groups would be perfect for fans.

You can't do anything until the rights dispute is over and done with and that could be 2-3 more years.Then you'd have to contact  whomever ends up owning the rights.

16 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

You can't do anything until the rights dispute is over and done with and that could be 2-3 more years.Then you'd have to contact  whomever ends up owning the rights.

Not sure if thats correct because opening the game to mods means designers can take the same game and make it look like a new game.

a good question for matt shotcha  and wes keltner is could the game ever be open to mods.

I would love for them to open the game to mods once they are done with it. We would be able to get all the content that they couldn't release plus much more. But, since the game carries the F13 brand name, I believe @TimDuke 01 is correct on this one @Strigoi. Whomever would be doing the mods would have to wait until the lawsuit is settled and then get the rights from the rights holder. Not saying this isn't a possibility, but looks like it will have to wait until sometime in the not so near future.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I would love for them to open the game to mods once they are done with it. We would be able to get all the content that they couldn't release plus much more. But, since the game carries the F13 brand name, I believe @TimDuke 01 is correct on this one @Strigoi. Whomever would be doing the mods would have to wait until the lawsuit is settled and then get the rights from the rights holder. Not saying this isn't a possibility, but looks like it will have to wait until sometime in the not so near future.

I Agree your probably right.

I Hope there is a professional game design modding team that are fans of the game.

hopefully in the future a modding team can create new maps and modes for this game.

these are good questions for The Beyond tuesdays brodcasts.

There was a user around here working on a modified version of the game that they were allegedly going to showcase publicly.

Guess it never panned out or it was a lie.

3 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

There was a user around here working on a modified version of the game that they were allegedly going to showcase publicly.

Guess it never panned out or it was a lie.

Ive messaged the TESrenewal modding group on facebook and asked them if they are Friday the 13th fans.

There is got to be Game Designers that are in a modding group that could bring all the goodies to Friday the 13th.

Can the game be modified? Yes. Already happened on PC with modified or unreleased content.

Legal or not, lawsuit no lawsuit, people will find ways to mod games. Private or public.

For legal reasons not very smart to share anything with the public at this time.

After the lawsuit and more information is given then we will have more possibilities for content, mods, movies, games, etc.

Until then the developers have made it crystal clear. No.

Well maybe Gunmedia will make a deal with some Mod groups.

maybe Gunmedia will find a Mod group that is good enough to create what we all want to see. 

On 8/20/2019 at 3:23 AM, DontZzz34 said:

I think the mod group would have to get approval first right?

I'd be inclined to believe the same thing.

On 8/20/2019 at 3:26 AM, Strigoi said:

Do some research and find out how it went with other games.

More research is in order.

This would be ideal for PC players, but what about everyone else?

Our little slice of Camp Crystal Lake isn't quite abandoned yet. Many of us hope that is the case for quite a while.

On 8/20/2019 at 4:45 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

A mod community could plan and develop stuff, but hold off on revealing or releasing until they get the green light, if there is a green light to get.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 8:26 AM, Strigoi said:

It wouldn't affect the lawsuit in anyway as the modders would have nothing to do with the developers or development of the game.

Hence why gta/skyrim/fallout etc have 1000s of mods involving copy-written characters and it never would or could lead to a ridiculous lawsuit for the devs.

It just comes down to this games devs and if they're willing to let people mod their game. 

I asked if we could on Twitter once the lawsuit was announced they replied not at the moment but we'll see but it doesn't seem likely, they wanna get as much $$$ from the dlcs as possible.

only if sean cunningham agrees to let a professional modding group into the game.

On 8/31/2019 at 3:51 PM, Strigoi said:

only if sean cunningham agrees to let a professional modding group into the game.

What if Mr. Cunningham loses the lawsuit?

13 hours ago, William Shatner said:

What if Mr. Cunningham loses the lawsuit?

Last I checked he did lose.... he  re-filed  an appeal to the decision.

Victor Miller owns the rights to the original Friday the 13th.

On 9/3/2019 at 9:32 AM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Last I checked he did lose.... he  re-filed  an appeal to the decision.

Victor Miller owns the rights to the original Friday the 13th.

Okay i thought it was the other way around, thank you for correcting me, So it is Miller who gumming up everything because he can't accept he lost

1 hour ago, William Shatner said:

Okay i thought it was the other way around, thank you for correcting me, So it is Miller who gumming up everything because he can't accept he lost

Both are Gumming up everything......Sean is too greedy to work with Victor and pay him what he is worth for starting the franchise....and Miller is not communicating with Cunningham.....either at this point.

Miller was awarded the rights to the original fiilm and owns the rights to the original Friday the 13th and anything that is a Derivative of that original work......in the United States only because of our copyright laws  Cunningham owns all the franchise outside of the United States........

Miller can’t make a new film because Cunningham has filed an appeal for the rights......And Cunningham can’t make a new film because Miller can sue him for using characters Derivative from his original work..... it’s a stalemate unless they both work together which will never happen.

34 minutes ago, William Shatner said:

Miller isn't gumming up anything. The fact that Sean is so greedy he couldn't stand to let Miller get his fair share of the franchise is what has the lawsuit dragging on.

25 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Thanks for posting these!

I have never seen them!

Hope to see a few more of your posts buddy you have been very quite as of late we miss your ideas and input.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 6:07 AM, OCT 31 1978 said:

.. it’s a stalemate unless they both work together which will never happen.

It’s fuckin insane!! Do they realize how much they’re hated? Share the rights, don’t see each other if it’s that bad and make A lot more money than they would get w lawsuit.  The most importantly the main reason, it would make me happy

50 minutes ago, NickersLarge said:

It’s fuckin insane!! Do they realize how much they’re hated? Share the rights, don’t see each other if it’s that bad and make A lot more money than they would get w lawsuit.  The most importantly the main reason, it would make me happy

Exactly! Look at IT and Halloween or the Other BlumHouse Horror movies Making hand over fist money!!! 

Horror is in and is making money a New Friday movie would kill it!