Seraphic King

What is the point in killing a low level Jason?

I’ve encountered too many level 150 kill squads who gang r*pe level 5s & 10s. They stun him with a shotgun or a bat and then they hit him right when he gets up giving him no time to react. Why use those cheap tactics on a person who is new to the game? That’s why whenever I’m in a kill squad lobby and the Jason is a low level I sprint to get the sweater first 😂😂😂. Some of y’all may have issues with that but I don’t give a f*ck 😂😂😂

Because kill squads just have to kill Jason every round they’re in because that’s the ONLY thing they want to do every game. Their only goal in mind is to gangbang Jason for the mask. Then do the same routine of pressing Y, RT, and A(Xbox) or X(PS4) then don’t forget the entire squad tea bagging a new jason when he’s defeated on the ground like they actually accomplished something. Kill squads are obnoxious and until the kill is made hard this shit is just getting out of hand..... I blame the devs for it

1 minute ago, Seraphic King said:

I’ve encountered too many level 150 kill squads who gang r*pe level 5s & 10s. They stun him with a shotgun or a bat and then they hit him right when he gets up giving him no time to react. Why use those cheap tactic on a person who is new to the game? That’s why whenever I’m in a kill squad lobby and the Jason is a low level I sprint to get the sweater first 😂😂😂. Some of y’all may have issues with that but I don’t give a f*ck 😂😂😂

I love killing Jason, but if the Jason in question hasn't even reached double-digits yet, uh... no, I think I'll pass on this one. I'm not helping you kill a level 3 Jason who literally started playing this game a couple of days ago. Are you THAT desperate for a Jason-kill that you'll take whatever you can get, even if it isn't even remotely going to be a challenge? And of course, don't forget to have a celebratory circle-jerk when you're finished so you can tell each other how awesome you are at killing Jason like these assholes here:

26 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I love killing Jason, but if the Jason in question hasn't even reached double-digits yet, uh... no, I think I'll pass on this one. I'm not helping you kill a level 3 Jason who literally started playing this game a couple of days ago. Are you THAT desperate for a Jason-kill that you'll take whatever you can get, even if it isn't even remotely going to be a challenge? And of course, don't forget to have a celebratory circle-jerk when you're finished so you can tell each other how awesome you are at killing Jason like these assholes here:

It’s unnecessary. They just need to give Jason like a protective barrier 3 secs after he’s stunned. Problem solved

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

They just need to give Jason like a protective barrier 3 secs after he’s stunned. Problem solved

At least double that it almost takes that long to get into block with how clunky combat stance is.LOL That video is 2 years old  not that the rage buff would have made much difference.

48 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

At least double that it almost takes that long to get into block with how clunky combat stance is.LOL That video is 2 years old  not that the rage buff would have made much difference.

I can get into block immediately. It’s not getting into block that’s slow. It’s the block/swing delay in combat stance that’s slow

Reading comments like this makes me glad I'm playing on the Switch, none of that... yet.

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I can get into block immediately. It’s not getting into block that’s slow. It’s the block/swing delay in combat stance that’s slow

the block is garbage only serves as host. It should work the same in public

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

No block is slow compared to what it used to be. You used to be able to quick block when you saw a counselor ready to swing. Now it is a hit everytime for the counselor. It was more of an issue before the rage buff as some counselors got really good at circling then attacking and you couldn't block it(not many do this anymore as it leads to early rage). Had to switch to anticipation step backs to avoid hits and then grab or knife after. Slash after will leave you stuck in animation as it is also slow in combat or not and leave you vulnerable to counter hit/stun every time. But yes, combat stance is and always has been clunky since the beginning. 

Combat stance was one of the dumbest things they added in hindsight for both sides.

The blocking mechanic should've been a single hit button with no homing system. The heavy attack could've been performed by simply holding a key longer or it could've been scrapped all together. Not an entire system dedicated to it. The whole homing system also makes it 10 times worse.

Its only real positive use is breaking down doors quicker with slower animation weapons.

In terms of the question. I think with low level/new Jasons. They know they have zero chance of being killed or being threatened with objectives. So they go for the kill and if that's not available, these are the same types that will go find a glitch spot and stay there for 20 minutes or fuck around with the cars or just chill at the police exit for the entire 20 minutes.

Not much variance there. The same types really.

16 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

I’ve encountered too many level 150 kill squads who gang r*pe level 5s & 10s. They stun him with a shotgun or a bat and then they hit him right when he gets up giving him no time to react. Why use those cheap tactics on a person who is new to the game? That’s why whenever I’m in a kill squad lobby and the Jason is a low level I sprint to get the sweater first 😂😂😂. Some of y’all may have issues with that but I don’t give a f*ck 😂😂😂

Because they're assholes. I've killed low level Jason's (though I didn't know until after the game). My general rule is the need to be at least level 20 before I'll kill them. Unless of course they're an asshole. 

I've also killed low level Jasons like @thrawn3054 and then see after the round is over that they were like a level 5.  I sit there feeling like an asshole and apologize.  

@The Rain & @badassgixxer05

This should be proof that you can still quick block you just need to keep your eye out for the swing animation. https://xboxclips.com/Seraphic%20King/56dda107-bde3-4f22-8d62-91293ae3f633/embedand https://xboxclips.com/Seraphic%20King/55f8bf08-1f1e-48af-8b12-b467b81fc5d7/embed

and like @DontZzz34 said it’s the swinging that’s the problem. When in combat, I should have enough time to swing, then block without being sliced with a machete or cracked with a bat to the face. This will go a long way for me when dealing with groups that like to gang up on me. Although I kind of do hope that they increase the blocking HP, so I don’t even have to think about being demasked when blocking. 

2 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

This should be proof that you can still quick block you just need to keep your eye out for the swing animation.

Getting into block was almost instantaneous if you were quick with the buttons BEFORE the engine upgrade that came last year. When the engine upgrade dropped, pretty much everyone noticed that it took longer to get into block... no matter how quick you are with the buttons. This has NOT been fixed.
    There were a few deniers for a while that apparently only ever played Jason as the host.... but they were proven wrong... Off host it is slower... end of story... All the videos in the world are not going to help here... Other than a few people that are just full of crap, the rest of us KNOW this is just simply a fact. Against noobs... not a problem. Against ANYONE with more than two hours experience in the game... block is USELESS.
    If you played before the engine upgrade, you would understand. Block used to be VERY helpful, and if you were good with it, you could even block a swift attacker from time to time... that is now impossible to do... unless you are the host... and how many games do most of us get to play as Jason while we are hosting... not very frickin' many.
   Timing is only a factor if you are the host... a counselor's normal attack is complete before you can get into block and now you are stunned, or demasked... unless you are the host, then the difference is not noticeable from how it was before the engine upgrade. If you have a counselor start their attack after you start to get into block... you might actually pull off a block... but unless you have psychic powers, then that is just dumb luck.

20 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

Some people need to believe they are actually good at... something. Killing Jason sounds hard... and to people that do not play this game it may even look hard to do it... but it is not difficult at all with a few hours of experience trying... particularly against a new Jason player. Full of bravado and pounding their chests for accomplishing something a six year old can do within a few hours of play is NOT something that anyone should be bragging about... But the stupidity of humanity will never cease to amaze you as you journey through life... trust me on that one.
    If it is a new Jason player and this player is NOT an asshole... steal the sweater... If not... then let the kill squads go about their business... Unless they are assholes, then feel free to rob them of the sweater in every match you see them in... But let the polite Jason hunters go about their business if they are not killing noob Jasons… unless the noobs are assholes... The lesson here... never let an asshole have its way, they always leave behind a rotten stench of... something.

24 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Getting into block was almost instantaneous if you were quick with the buttons BEFORE the engine upgrade that came last year. When the engine upgrade dropped, pretty much everyone noticed that it took longer to get into block... 

I’m sure they can fix this. What about the new engine even caused this

22 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Because this online community is shit. 

Certain portions of the community perhaps, but not quite all of it.

12 hours ago, Daddy said:

Reading comments like this makes me glad I'm playing on the Switch, none of that... yet.

Trolls will find their way there. It is inevitable.

@Seraphic King, there is no logical point to killing a low level Jason. That's like someone taking candy from a baby.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

I’m sure they can fix this. What about the new engine even caused this

Not sure what would cause this... but it is happening non the less. Block was somewhat useful at one time.... and for the most part now, it is just shit.

10 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Not sure what would cause this... but it is happening non the less. Block was somewhat useful at one time.... and for the most part now, it is just shit.

I'd say it was actually very useful pre engine update. You could usually block and pull off a quick grab. Now, short of dumb luck, or your Spidey Sense tingling, it's pretty useless. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I'd say it was actually very useful pre engine update. You could usually block and pull off a quick grab. Now, short of dumb luck, or your Spidey Sense tingling, it's pretty useless. 

Well, swift attacker was still VERY difficult to block back then... but not impossible.... That is the only reason I said somewhat useful... I had to fight a lot of players that used swift attacker back then (and now)... but I learned other ways to fight them effectively. A quick throw as they start their attack, followed by a grab (or even a slash) always works wonders when properly timed.

2 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Well, swift attacker was still VERY difficult to block back then... but not impossible.... That is the only reason I said somewhat useful... I had to fight a lot of players that used swift attacker back then (and now)... but I learned other ways to fight them effectively. A quick throw as they start their attack, followed by a grab (or even a slash) always works wonders when properly timed.

True. If I wasn't so bad at knives it would be my go to method.