BigDaddyVany

Nintendo Switch Game Breaking Bug!

Just curious on why it forces you to walk on Nintendo Switch when moving diagonally? Whether you're using the right stick or not it forces your character from a jog to a walk. Funny enough, when you're sprinting (consuming stamina) the bug isn't present. This forces the player to constantly sprint & waste precious stamina in order to move diagonally & not be walking. I purchased the game immediately on launch, & haven't played because this is a game breaking mechanic for me. I play on PC & PS4 & this simply doesn't happen on there. I would love to start playing sometime here on Switch...

Hey there. I was with you on this when I first started. I was immediately posting about it and assuming it was a bug. Gun was very fast to respond and let us know that it’s due to the limitations of the Switch sticks. So you have to hold the stick forward and use the right stick to maneuver while jogging. It feels hard at first, but you will get used to it WAY quicker than you think. This is coming from someone who was 10 out of 10 disappointed at first and thought I would never be able to enjoy this version. I would say I’m around 95% as effective at juking Jason as I was on Xbox at this point. 

Just give it a few games or maybe a few days. It becomes an automatic thing to your brain before you know it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, THUNDERGOOSE said:

Hey there. I was with you on this when I first started. I was immediately posting about it and assuming it was a bug. Gun was very fast to respond and let us know that it’s due to the limitations of the Switch sticks. So you have to hold the stick forward and use the right stick to maneuver while jogging. It feels hard at first, but you will get used to it WAY quicker than you think. This is coming from someone who was 10 out of 10 disappointed at first and thought I would never be able to enjoy this version. I would say I’m around 95% as effective at juking Jason as I was on Xbox at this point. 

Just give it a few games or maybe a few days. It becomes an automatic thing to your brain before you know it. 

I suppose I shall give it a go!

It's incredibly frustrating and game breaking, even after 'getting used to it.'  I strongly disagree with just settling with it, as doing so doesn't incentivize the developers to do something about it.  Yeah, play it the best you can in the meantime, but until there is a definitive answer from the developers about it, don't give up fighting for getting it fixed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, omfgg said:

It's incredibly frustrating and game breaking, even after 'getting used to it.'  I strongly disagree with just settling with it, as doing so doesn't incentivize the developers to do something about it.  Yeah, play it the best you can in the meantime, but until there is a definitive answer from the developers about it, don't give up fighting for getting it fixed. 

Yeah I feel ya. Still a bit difficult for me. Even if this is because of the joycon limitations, how about for the PRO Controller?

17 minutes ago, BigDaddyVany said:

Yeah I feel ya. Still a bit difficult for me. Even if this is because of the joycon limitations, how about for the PRO Controller?

I play my Switch solely for the handheld functionality.  Might sound silly, but my optimal, comfortable me-time is being able to play my all-time favorite games (Mk11, F13, and DBD) on the couch while my TV is on playing background shows.  I've spent years playing console and being in the top 5 online for the past two MK and Injustice games, and have 1000s and 1000s of hours on consoles for the latter two games... sometimes I just want to play casually and conveniently.  So I haven't tried the Pro controller, but I think I read it's the same for that.  I considered trying the Hori D-pad Joycon, but I can't imagine it being any different. 

I would hope the dev team could find a 'band-aid' solution like toggling jog, or making jog the default movement at all angles and getting rid of walk altogether.  I doubt walk is used even rarely if at all.  Certainly would be a lot better than the mess it is now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, omfgg said:

I play my Switch solely for the handheld functionality.  Might sound silly, but my optimal, comfortable me-time is being able to play my all-time favorite games (Mk11, F13, and DBD) on the couch while my TV is on playing background shows.  I've spent years playing console and being in the top 5 online for the past two MK and Injustice games, and have 1000s and 1000s of hours on consoles for the latter two games... sometimes I just want to play casually and conveniently.  So I haven't tried the Pro controller, but I think I read it's the same for that.  I considered trying the Hori D-pad Joycon, but I can't imagine it being any different. 

I would hope the dev team could find a 'band-aid' solution like toggling jog, or making jog the default movement at all angles and getting rid of walk altogether.  I doubt walk is used even rarely if at all.  Certainly would be a lot better than the mess it is now.

Yeah. Same effect for the PRO controller. Icky.

22 hours ago, THUNDERGOOSE said:

Hey there. I was with you on this when I first started. I was immediately posting about it and assuming it was a bug. Gun was very fast to respond and let us know that it’s due to the limitations of the Switch sticks.

Sorry, but I don't buy that bs. Fortnite plays just fine on the Switch sticks.

19 hours ago, omfgg said:

I doubt walk is used even rarely if at all.

I used to think this too, along with crouch, but found recently a raging jason is easy to evade in a big cabin with a couple of rooms while walking. You make no sound or visual pings. He can rage through every wall/door possible, but if you know where he is and where he is going, you can walk just on the other side of wall in opposite direction and never cross paths for him to notice you. I did this the other night for quite some time and the Jason for sure said he thought i was glitching. Also crouching in corners behind furniture against wall makes ya hard to spot also.. 😊

6 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I used to think this too, along with crouch, but found recently a raging jason is easy to evade in a big cabin with a couple of rooms while walking. You make no sound or visual pings. He can rage through every wall/door possible, but if you know where he is and where he is going, you can walk just on the other side of wall in opposite direction and never cross paths for him to notice you. I did this the other night for quite some time and the Jason for sure said he thought i was glitching. Also crouching in corners behind furniture against wall makes ya hard to spot also.. 😊

Crouching and crouch walking, for sure!  And I absolutely hear you about stealth walking, you're not wrong.  I'm just thinking from the perspective of which is the lesser of two evils, or, which is more commonly used and would be more convenient over the other as a whole.  In this case, I would sacrifice walking in order to have jogging, which I know I used 99% more often. 

BUT, this is saying that's the only solution, which I'm certain it isn't.  I still believe they will hear us all and find a way on their end to alter the game's technical design to re-recognized the proper inputs doing the proper actions. 

On 8/19/2019 at 12:06 PM, BigDaddyVany said:

Just curious on why it forces you to walk on Nintendo Switch when moving diagonally? Whether you're using the right stick or not it forces your character from a jog to a walk. Funny enough, when you're sprinting (consuming stamina) the bug isn't present. This forces the player to constantly sprint & waste precious stamina in order to move diagonally & not be walking. I purchased the game immediately on launch, & haven't played because this is a game breaking mechanic for me. I play on PC & PS4 & this simply doesn't happen on there. I would love to start playing sometime here on Switch...

that forcing u to walk has been in ps4 since i got the game they wont ever fix it cuz they want jason to win

How about being able to use anything from your first aid?? I’ve been playing for a few days on the switch and collecting the spray cans to heal yourself but none of the buttons will let me use it , I can switch through it but can’t use any of it :(((