Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Quinn FTW

Offline Bots Tired of Playing?

Recommended Posts

Apparently, the Offline Bots can no longer be arsed to do anything. I have played multiple games this weekend where the majority of them just stand around inside a cabin, waiting to be killed. Had one game where only a single counselor (Deborah) did anything at all, and all she did was trip a trap on the phone box before crawling through a window just to stand there, waiting for the sweet release of death. Even the ones that always have pocket knives (eg Trollnessa), once they stab you and "run for it" will just trot to another cabin, then resume standing around with their proverbial thumbs up their proverbial butts. 

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone else even still playing with the Offline Bots?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

Apparently, the Offline Bots can no longer be arsed to do anything. I have played multiple games this weekend where the majority of them just stand around inside a cabin, waiting to be killed. Had one game where only a single counselor (Deborah) did anything at all, and all she did was trip a trap on the phone box before crawling through a window just to stand there, waiting for the sweet release of death. Even the ones that always have pocket knives (eg Trollnessa), once they stab you and "run for it" will just trot to another cabin, then resume standing around with their proverbial thumbs up their proverbial butts. 

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone else even still playing with the Offline Bots?

Yeah I've noticed this alot lately too. I've been playing some bots to try to get my Jason game back. I swear I get a minimum of 2 to 3 every match that just stand there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only go against offline bots for practice on throwing knives or to test something out. The bots are so dumb and easy to go against! They need to make hard mode almost like going against experienced players online. But for now all we have are airhead bots that are dumb as a box of rocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

airhead bots that are dumb as a box of rocks

Still less toxic than random lobbies.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen this more recently but I thought it was just cause I’ve been playing normal for quick XP instead of hard. I don’t remember this being an issue on hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed the bots on the Jarvis map seem to do absolutely nothing. Every other map, their functionality varies.

I've been having fun using all of the environmental kills on them, since they are more than cooperative.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Their behavior/intelligence has taken a step even further back from where it was (which is saying something). When I morph into an area and use sense, I see sometimes two or three of them standing around completely soulless. Of course, when I shift on one, as I'm zooming in on their location and get close to them, they magically become aware before I come out of shift and then they start to move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

Still less toxic than random lobbies.

That’s true. But offline bots aren’t very fun when they’re stupid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offline bots were most likey given pockets knives because a few just stand in place until grabbed. After they start running around.

Can't drive to save their lifes. Full sprint into rocks and walls. Run straight at you.

Hide under beds for 20 minutes. Close the same doors until grabbed.

Go in and out the same windows.

Damn near intelligent compared to some new quick play players. 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Offline bots were most likey given pockets knives because a few just stand in place until grabbed. After they start running around.

Can't drive to save their lifes. Full sprint into rocks and walls. Run straight at you.

Hide under beds for 20 minutes. Close the same doors until grabbed.

Go in and out the same windows.

Damn near intelligent compared to some new quick play players. 😂

You know who can drive, though? Tommy "DGAF" Jarvis. In addition to slaughtering counselors with his shotgun, Tommy will run MFers over if he gets behind the wheel of a car. 

And I actually had him escape one time on Packanack Small. I morph+shifted in front of the car, and he just kept right on driving, pushing me along in front of the car. He took a curve at full speed, pushed me out of the way, then hauled ass right out the exit before my morph could recharge. 

Of course, some of that might be a bug. I have been unable to bash the yellow car on Packanack Small more than once lately. Even lined up with the center of the hood, the smash prompt wouldn't show, and it didn't  autotrigger. I'd report it, but it'd be about the 995th priority on the ever-growing list, and I'll literally be dead long before it ever got fixed / "fixed."

That said, I'm deeply disappointed, because Crystal Lake Small and Packanack Small would occasionally be a challenge. Depending on the bots, every once in a while, they'll get a car started before your sense is even active. Or, rather, they used to, before they decided to go on strike, or whatever it is they're doing now. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 10:00 PM, SteveChristy said:

Yes. Their behavior/intelligence has taken a step even further back from where it was (which is saying something). When I morph into an area and use sense, I see sometimes two or three of them standing around completely soulless. Of course, when I shift on one, as I'm zooming in on their location and get close to them, they magically become aware before I come out of shift and then they start to move.

How far do they get once they get that late start, before you kill them?

19 hours ago, Quinn FTW said:

You know who can drive, though? Tommy "DGAF" Jarvis. In addition to slaughtering counselors with his shotgun, Tommy will run MFers over if he gets behind the wheel of a car.

Sounds like bot Tommy is a teamer.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fair Play said:

How far do they get once they get that late start, before you kill them?

A lot of times I'll snatch'em right up, but there are instances where it's like they know exactly which way I'll be facing when I come out of shift and they'll run off just out of my reach and make me chase them. From there it's usually just a matter of how stupid their decisions are, whether they dive through a closed window and get a knife from me, or they open and close the cabin door indefinitely as I'm closing in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 8:22 PM, Quinn FTW said:

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone else even still playing with the Offline Bots?

Yeah the bots seem to be protesting the unsafe working conditions.

I still play bots but do enjoy the single player challenges quite a bit more, so they get more play (still annoying you can’t skip the cut scene).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2019 at 3:08 AM, Quinn FTW said:

You know who can drive, though? Tommy "DGAF" Jarvis. 

I laughed way too hard at this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my bots on Jarvis not move at all. Also happened to me on Crystal Lake. The small maps seem to work though for some reason.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

still annoying you can’t skip the cut scene

Which is the main reason I don't play the SPCs very often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

(still annoying you can’t skip the cut scene).

YES. Major annoyance and one I'm surprised they haven't remedied by now. Once upon a time you couldn't skip all the opening credit screens when you first boot the game up, and they fixed that. Why not this?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

Which is the main reason I don't play the SPCs very often. 

 

9 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

YES. Major annoyance and one I'm surprised they haven't remedied by now. Once upon a time you couldn't skip all the opening credit screens when you first boot the game up, and they fixed that. Why not this?

I seem to recall it being on the not a priority list, so I hope it does happen eventually... even if you have to watch it the first time but can skip it on replays.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm loving the bots on hard mode they got the blue car away I threw a knife and the car flew across the lake and landed at the bottom the bots all proceeded to the lake to try and get in the destroyed car about 5 of them all swimming around it was hilarious so no I'm not tired with them at all. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MortenMagnePal said:

I'm loving the bots on hard mode they got the blue car away I threw a knife and the car flew across the lake and landed at the bottom the bots all proceeded to the lake to try and get in the destroyed car about 5 of them all swimming around it was hilarious so no I'm not tired with them at all. 

That sounded like an interesting match.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MortenMagnePal said:

It was, the car flipped for miles it was a beautiful sight 😂

That would have made for one hell of a video.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

check this out.. dont know if it matters what difficulty but switch it to hard and go limp out a bot who is holding a weapon. they will chase you until they get a swing off, hit or miss, then they run away.. its so funny... i had 3 bots chasing me around limped out trying to hit me! dont know if anybody pointed this out yet but go check it out heehee..

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...